Epilogue: School Bulletin Board

The Torchwood Jack or the Pirate Jack? :P

i care not whichNEITHER CAN BE SULLIED

Oh. I quite agree.

Unless...they're the same person!? Jack is immortal and Jack was looking for the Fountain of Youth.

Headcanon!

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Unless...they're the same person!? Jack is immortal and Jack was looking for the Fountain of Youth.

Series 1, Episode 13. Learn-2-Who.

I kid, of course, in the statement. I can already see the fanfiction in my minds eye...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

The description says that his eyes are hidden by glasses. Are these sunglasses or normal glasses, because only the former is going to be hiding his eyes.

This is more a bit of confusion on my part then anything else.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The description says that his eyes are hidden by glasses. Are these sunglasses or normal glasses, because only the former is going to be hiding his eyes.

Unless of course he has Scary Shiny Eyeglasses.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScaryShinyGlasses

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Unless of course he has Scary Shiny Eyeglasses.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScaryShinyGlasses

oh, you're going to be impossible to deal with now

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

okay, okaybefore silvan and onarax get annoyedi'm gonna try and steer this back on topic.So. What do we think the tournament is going to be like?

Well, I hear it's been ten years since the last incident with students feeding the cockatrice. That's good, right?

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Sorry folks, I dozed off.

Alright Jeff looks good, I suppose, Jeff Approved. Fromnowoneveryoneisrequired1000wordsminimumforaprofileNow, I've noticed a ton of people posting interactions to form partnerships, would those people doing so wish for me to hold off posting the first game until they're finished, or at least more wrapped up, because I'm perfectly willing to do so. There isn't that much of a rush.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Name: Brianna "Brie" WyattGender: FemaleAge: 19Type: HunterSpecialization: Tamer, AlchemistAppearance: While she's a bit on the short side at around five foot-even, Brianna is in very good physical condition with visibly toned muscles in her arms and legs. She has a slightly freckled, heart-shaped face framed by blonde hair and blue eyes brimming with energy. Her skin is very tan from long hours out in the sun. For attire, she tends to stick with a white short-sleeved blouse and dark cargo pants. Over her blouse, she wears the school uniform jacket that has been outfitted with very short tassels going along the sleeves (which have been cut short) and a leather over-lay that looks like a small Native American tunic (here's a picture of what it generally looks like). She wears two holsters for her revolvers at all times and bandoliers for ammo across her chest and occassionally around her waist if necessary. If she is carrying other weapons, she will have holsters and ammo pouches for those as well. High black boots and fingerless gloves round out her attire and she also has a necklace of beads and feathers around her neck.Personality: What Brianna lacks in size she makes up for in spirit. An outgoing and adventurous person, she is always looking to meet new people and has a generally simple and straight-forward method of thinking. However, her upbringing instilled a strong dislike for most demons and even though she has worked with Nobles in the past, she still harbors a lingering distrust towards them. Despite this, she takes her job as a hunter very seriously and will usually put aside her prejudices to ensure that the job gets done, although this also means that she gets irritated easily when she perceives that someone is either not pulling their weight or doing something needlessly dangerous.Biography: Born in rural Kentucky, Brianna comes from a long line of exorcists and hunters that have patrolled the swamps for generations. Her training started young; she fired her first gun at age six and learned about the finer points of demon hunting from her family when she wasn't attending school or helping tend to her family's ranch. Eventually, however, the stress of having to live a double-life became too much for her to handle and she had to be withdrawn from public school, receiving her education at home instead.When she was 14, Brianna accompanied her mother to respond to a call from a neighbor. It turned out that a feral werewolf had been breaking into their ranch at night and making off with cattle. Together, the two brought down the werewolf and as they were leaving, they spotted a single Nightmare grazing in the fields. Without a second thought, Brianna grabbed whatever food she could find and hours later, rode home on her new mount. This display of initiative convinced her family that it was time to send her overseas to Venator in order to hone her skills. There, Brianna excelled in her firearm and alchemy classes but found it difficult to adjust to living amongst Nobles and there were more than a few incidents that got physical and led to a few suspensions.Brianna is now entering her fifth year at the academy in order to make up for the classes that she missed due to her suspensions.Skills/Abilities: Brianna's training has made her a master of the firearm. She is able to use and maintain just about any kind of gun as long as she can carry it and can fire most of them with lethal precision. She prefers older weapons due to their reliability and accuracy but will gladly use an automatic as well. She is also skilled at riding horses and can hold her own with a knife if she has to. Finally, her alchemic skills allow her to produce poisons and other weapons that are effective against demons and similar creatures.Weapons: Brianna's personal weapons are a pair of enchanted Colt 45 revolvers, which were made by her family and given to her prior to atte. Instead of loading in individual rounds, the cylinders are modified into a single large chamber that accept specially crafted blocks of whatever material she plans to use such as silver, lead, or tungsten. Brianna makes these blocks herself using her training in alchemy. The revolvers' enchantments then turn a portion of those blocks into bullets and magically fires them. Because there is no need for a casing or primer, each block can produce about ten to twelve shots before it is depleted and a fresh one has to be inserted. This allows Brianna to carry significantly more ammunition than she would normally be able to but she usually only carries as much as she feels is necessary (about eight to ten blocks when dealing with a typical case but more if higher-level demons are involved) However, they take about one to two seconds to form the bullets, which is why Brianna carries two revolvers. The guns themselves are also enchanted to protect them against wear and tear, although sufficient trauma will still break them. She also carries a large knife that she will use as a multi-purpose tool. Finally, Brianna will often bring along additional weapons such as rifles or shotguns depending on what the situation calls for.Weaknesses: All of Brianna's skill with a gun are useless when she runs out of ammunition. While she generally knows how to defend herself up close, it often puts her into situations where she is facing demons with nothing but her knife and her bare hands. Her distrust towards Nobels sometimes makes it hard for her to work with them as well.

Name: BlitzGender: Genderless, although Brianna classifies it as a female.Type: CreatureClassification: FeralAppearance: During the day, she appears as a normal brown horse. At night, however, her true form is revealed. Pitch black, with blazing red eyes and her mane and tail appear to be made of some kind of ethereal smoke that seeps from her body.Personality: Despite her intimidating appearance, Blitz is relatively docile and spends most of her time roaming. However, she is very picky with her riders and will buck wildly if she does not approve of whoever or whatever is on her back.Biography: Brianna first found Blitz during a hunt with her mother. After helping bring down a feral werewolf, she spotted the Nightmare grazing the fields and decided that she wanted to tame her on the spot. It took some time and a lot of bribing with food but eventually, Blitz allowed Brianna to ride her and has been with her ever since.Weaknesses: Blitz is no stronger any regular horse and has basically no combat abilities. Her only role is transportation.Bestiary Entry:

Name: Nightmare

Type: Creature

Classification: Feral

Threat Level: Negligible

Intelligence Level: Low

Region of Origin: Spain

Traits: Nightmares cast illusions passively, appearing as a normal horse in daylight and their true forms are revealed in the light of the moon, black skin with red eyes and smoke instead of hair. The name comes from their tendency to induce bad dreams in the sleeping when they pass by and it is said that most depictions of demonic horses were inspired by Nightmare sightings.

A notable trait of the Nightmare is their ability to slip into rifts in space. These rifts act as compressed versions of the normal world and thus allow them to travel large distances in a shortened amount of time (generally, 1 foot in the rift is equivalent to about ten feet in the real world). However, this should not be confused with teleportation, as the travel is not instantaneous and consumes a large amount of energy. For this reason, Nightmares spend much of their time eating and generally only use this ability when they need to travel very far or escape immediate danger.

Despite their name and appearance, Nightmares are generally gentle creatures and are regarded more as pests than actual threats. When tamed, they are very loyal to their riders and it is often difficult to get them to accept new ones. There have even been cases where they have brought their riders into rifts,.

Weaknesses: Nightmares are no stronger than a normal horse and can be brought down by conventional weaponry.

Edited by Promised Land

Oh derp, that reminds me I'll need a species profiles for the creatures Jeff can summon.

Also new profile, yay, now I'll have to rework my bracketing. =P

Now first and foremost, if your character is a student she's required to wear the uniform, however she is allowed to make modification. Now while I have no personal qualms with the weapon in terms of balancing, it just doesn't seem like something that would be made, much less given to a normal student. It's automatic high level transmutation in revolvers? If anything that sounds like technology that is perhaps in development for modern weapons, and even still new technology not easily accessed by students.

Everything else looks good though, all though I have to ask what part of her is like a Summoner, she has a creature on her side which fits more so with the Hunter definition of Tamer.

Now your Nightmare, first off Bestiary Entry is this thing. I would also like for you to describe the teleportation a bit more, in terms of how far/fast they travel through them.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Still mulling over the guns, so I'll get back to you on that.

Also you didn't answer the question about what part of her fits the Summoner Criteria, she seems more like a Tamer, a subset of Hunters. In fact Hunters would be sent after to deal with Nightmares, considering they're creatures not Demons.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Oh, right, that. That mostly came about because I'm not sure if we are allowed to have specializations in both classes and I really want to focus on her Blaster aspect. If she can be a Blaster and a Tamer I'll change it right away.

Hah, finally got these done

Name: Bartholomew "Bart" MacKinnon

Type: Exorcist

Specialization: Banisher

Appearance: A scruffy looking sort of fellow, who wears his black hair as a rough mane around his neck and hooding his bottle green eyes. Possibly as a result of this or possibly just because he's a teenage boy he has a few acne spots around the edges of his face, marring his pale complexion. Though of average height really, he appears smaller because of his habit of slouching, and for wearing baggy clothes that make it look like he's shrunk since he put them on in the morning. Though he does wear the school uniform he tends to leave shirt untucked, tie not quite pulled up to the neck (should he bother wearing one at all)

Personality: He's actually kind of arrogant in his own way. He tends to think that he knows better than everyone else and that his way of doing things is better than everyone else's. Even his untidy manner is a kind of rebellion against the school dress code, though he notably isn't actually breaking the rules. He's closer to a wannabe than an out-and-out rebel without a cause

Biography: Bart hails from the clan MacKinnon who are renowned for having produced an unbroken line of Exorcists spanning the centuries. And as the latest in that line Bart is the inheritor to a long tradition of battle evil and banishing dark forces. Ever since he was a child he's had various grandparents, great-uncles and miscellaneous cousins giving him advice, encouragement and training. His mother was taking him out on field missions with her years before he was invited to the Venator Academy. Its this thats led to his somewhat…self-entitled world view, as a decade and a half of being immersed in Exorcist heritage has given him the impression that he's seen it all and done it all.

The happiest moment of his life so far was when his family felt him old enough and skilled enough to start training using a set of the MacKinnon family's various ancestral weapons that they've accumulated over the years. In this a twinned set previously used by a great-great aunt and inspired by the phrase "by bell, book and candle". He felt being bestowed with the bell and candle was a graduation of sorts, that the rest of the extended MacKinnon family felt he was capable enough to be, at the very least, an apprentice to his mother

Skills/Abilities: Highly skilled in the use of weaponry, ancient and modern, and in various combat techniques. Though as this was gained through years of training he does have to keep practising to maintain this skill

Weapons: Bart has two weapons, a bell and a candle that have been passed down his family for years. The bell is made of cold steel plated with silver, and its clapper is a recycled musket ball. The candle is made of wax harvested from a beehive built in a graveyard, with a wick that used to be a hangman's noose. Both are inscribed with verses and excerpts from texts of ancient power. The bell is useful against incorporeal enemies; its peals can be used to banish spirits from a body, to bind and hurt them once they're in the open or even drive them back to their own world. The candle is used to harm the physical, producing an ethereal flame of pallid green that burns anything but the wax and wick that produce it. This fire can be channelled and streamed by Bart's thoughts

Weaknesses: His belief that his bell and candle weaponry are a status symbol mean he's heavily reliant on them despite very little training in their use. Also, disarming him takes away a lot of his mystical clout, turning him into just a dude with fists, which any demon worth its salt shouldn't be too troubled by

Name: Karen Evans

Type: Noble

Specialization: Wolf

Appearance: Tall and lithe, built like an athlete. It looks like she's spent all her efforts growing upwards rather than outwards. Set in her heart-shaped face are eyes of sapphire blue, above a rather petite nose winged by rows of freckles. Her hair is wavy rather than properly curly or properly straight and cascades to her shoulders and while naturally blonde is streaked with vertical stripes of bubblegum-pink. She wears the uniform exactly as the rules lay out, and goes to great lengths to make sure it stays looking crisp and clean at all times.

Her lycanthropic side is lean and wiry, and with its hunched stance its looks for all the world like a coiled spring just ready to burs into a flurry of action. Its fur is a tawny gold and has, unfortunately for those who wanted to see a werewolf with pink highlights, not kept Karen's dye job. Its muzzle is rather small, and with the bronzed fur almost makes it seem like she's some sort of fox rather than a wolf

Personality: Cheerful, bubbly, friendly. Just all round kind of happy. The world of exorcists and monsters is new to her and she can't but feel enthused by it. When presented with any situation she either makes the best of it, or looks for the positive. The sheer determination she presents towards any bad scenario could probably power a city if you could find some way to harness it

Biography: Karen's family was one of the lycanthropic lines that didn't want to fight for the Demons against humanity. But nor did they want to fight for humanity against the demons. They just wanted to be left alone to live lives, so sought out remote parts of the world to put down roots and do normal things; Buy houses, pay taxes, deal with unhelpful government bureaucrats…The more mundane the better.

Eventually that gave us the modern day girl Karen, her family living in a farm in rural Kansas where they had all the space they could want, and on the rare occasion anyone stopped by during the full moon they'd assume they saw a coyote. Karen was aware she was different, because its rather hard to hide that you transform into a wolf, but her parents had kept her in the dark about the tiny little detail that there were other werewolves out there, and far more than that besides. They felt they only needed to tell her about Hunters when she felt she wanted to leave the farm to live her own life, so she wouldn't feel they were some sort of boogeyman designed to keep her at home. Of course, then she got an invitation to the Venator Academy which sort of let the cat out of the bag...

Skills/Abilities: Can tap into the enhanced senses, strength and speed of her bestial side without full transformation. Possesses a level of agility thats high even for a lycanthrope

Weapons: None

Weaknesses: No real skill in combat. Her inner wolf tends to get a bit antsy around other lycanthropes, having grown up with in a pack of three

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

So Bart wields a Bell and Candle, can't say I know if that fits under Banisher, but I can't think of anything else, so whatever. I'm assuming both of them wear the Uniform at least somewhat, could you describe the clothing with a little more description than just baggy?

I would also appreciate it if you bulked up Karen's personality, as well maybe feeling in a line or two of what she looks like in her Wolf form.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Oh I do still love the idea, anyhow everything looks good now. Bart and Karen Approved.

I have updated the Brackets and randomly given those who didn't have a partner before one now. I did have to do some moving around in order to ensure no one is facing themselves, so a few of you will find yourselves with a different opponent. Anyhow first game should be up later today. Also the question mark next to Bart is to account for if someone makes a profile and gets it approved before the game starts/Adders posts. Otherwise it'll just be an NPC.

Alistair - Katherine and Adrian - Alexander

Dante - Shanon and Agnes - Brennus

Misayo - Vinnie and Kyle-Karen

Eduardo - Abraham and Tim - Septimus

Ren - Soma and Brianna-Vincent

Bart-???/NPC and Zach-Jeff

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I'm not trying to push for anything. Content with life asked a question, I answered. I asked if removing the vibration would make the sword okay and I never got an answer. I just explained what the full use of her scythes would have been. I've edited. The sword vibrating has been removed completely. Is that what you meant by how developed are her powers?

Also, I have another character.

Name: Kaiyuki Ciel-Rose Boisblance Midori Gender: FemaleAge: 16Type:ExorcistSpecialization: Summoner and Smiter hybridzationAppearance: Ciel has long reddish-orange hair and Heterochromia Iridum or different colored eyes, one green and one blue. Her face is covered in freckles that are positioned from across the bridge of her nose to both cheeks. Most of her features are that of a youthful - but attractive, person of oriental heritage. She is also considerably shorter than most people her age. Rose's outfit is highly modIfied from the normal school outfit: her jacket is far longer-stopping somewhere around below her knees-with red swirl designs along its length and is far tighter around the middle, it features a large hood and also more zippers, either side can be zipped up - or down - from the bottom to the waist, the outside of both sleeves can be zipped up the middle and the back can be zipped from the neck down to the small of her back. She wears the white collar shirt but it is much tighter, see through, has short sleeves and she wears a black fishnet t-shirt over it. Instead of pants it's a long red hakama like skirt, that also has a sash cloth going across - from the hip to the knee. Most of the time she wears a gold lion medallion around her neck and a sliver and blue signet ring.Personality: Rose is an extremely cheery, upbeat person. She wields glee like a weapon, laughs at almost everything, rarely being down or sad. Ciel's approach to every situation is raw kindness and happiness. No matter what's happened rather than look toward the past, she strives to live in the present. She tries to bring to cheer to people regardless of whether or not she's just met them, for her it's fun. She is an extremely sensitive person. Her feelings get hurt quick and she develops feelings just as fast. Seeing other people hurt or unhappy doesn't sit well with her and if she can she'll oft do everything in her power to make them feel better. Though she takes joy in all things, she loves joking more than most things and she jokes on a constant bases, though never with intent at others expense. The only thing bigger than Ciel's positive attitude is her appetite. Ciel is always, always hungry. She could eat a ton and it'd still not be enough. Her stomach is like an endless pit, no matter what you throw in, there's always room for more.Biography: Ciel was born aboard an airborne plane from Tokyo. Her birth came earlier than expected and her mother, at the time, was struck with an illness and she nearly did not survive, but luckily did. Her mother took this as sign, both her and her child nearly died because she had almost chosen the wrong path. The moment the plane landed her mother called her father and told him that their child would reside in Japan and she would be trained where she belonged. Her mother's entire family was descended from a long line of Exorcists that had been around since before the warring states period. Her father's family though descended from Exorcists had abandoned the tradition long ago and at some point became hunters. They met on a mission together in France and soon after had a relationship, which they both decided against, until he came to Japan for a mission.

For the next five years Ciel was trained by her family in Tokyo and, no matter what her mother said, asked nonstop questions about her father. Who was he? Where was he? And most importantly. when could she see him? When she was six her mother tired of her asking questions took her to see her father. Once wasn't enough and for the better part of a year Ciel went back and forth between the two. When she was seven these visits turned into her staying with him, which at first the mother fought but eventually she gave in. When she was eight her mother moved in with them. For the next two years her and her parents lived together in Provence until one night something happened and she was sent to her father's only living relative.

For the next to years she stayed and trained with her aunt. On her twelfth birthday Ciel found out what happened to her parents, they were hunted down and killed by a Noble. When she reacted calmly, much to her aunt's surprise, her aunt sent her to Japan for a month. At the end of the month her mother's family rather than send her back to her Aunt contacted her and told her they'd sent Ciel to Venator Academy. Her aunt wanting Ciel to be happy and to follow her brother's last wishes, gave her support. So for the last four, the first two rougher than the last, years Ciel has resided at Venator Academy.Skills/Abilities: Ciel is fluent in French, Japanese and English, is a surprisingly competent combatant, capable of defending herself in hand to hand combat. Ciel is fairly acrobatic and has been trained in the Holy Verse since she could talk.

The terms of her contract allow her to alter the physical make up of things around her, make things denser or softer or make people slightly stronger or faster and to fuse with Azur, allowing her to further her physical abilities past human limits. For this there are two prices: One, for any alteration she makes, she must sustain an injury each worse than the last. For example, if she were to change someones muscle mass so that they would to go from being able to lift 20 pounds to 40 pounds then the injury would be something like a strained shoulder but, the next time would be a wound, I.E, a gash or something of the sort. Also, the larger the base alteration the larger the base injury and an attempt to undo an alteration with another alteration will result in a secondary injury. Two, Azur can inhabit her body at any time but doing so will result in physical strain that increases the longer they stay together. The effects of this ability, both alteration and injury are only temporary and fade with time.

Weapons: Gold Medallion enchanted by the Holy Verse so that it's grows hotter if a demon is near.Weaknesses: Ciel is very sensitive and seeing other people in pain is like being in pain herself. She isn't the strongest person. The effects of all her contracts are damaging and she's always hungry.

Name: Azur

Type: N/A

Classification: Spirit.

Appearance: Azur is tall, pale covered in iridescent blue scales and blue glowing eyes.

Personality: Azur is extremely angry at all times, he believes he was wronged by the world and has only just recently started communicating with people. Azur isn't fond of almost anything or anyone, Ciel is a toleration, nothing more.

Biography: Azur was a Noble from 200 years ago. He unlike other Nobles, believed himself a king. His lust for power drove to him madness and carved as much destruction as he could where ever he traveled. His time on this earth was ended when a Hunter drove a sword through his heart. In death he longed for revenge but it wasn't until two hundred years later that he would have a chance. For years Azur was bound, at first to the spot where he died, then to the blade that killed him. When the blade was finally removed, though by who is not known to him, he was finally allowed to search for his revenge. His search didn't last long though as all the descendents of his killer were dead save one. Again his revenge was ruined, not only was the girl able to combat his attempts to harm her but she had the aid of other spirits. Outraged at his weakness in death Azur left the girl alone. A week later the girl, in search of a spirit, found him. When proposed Azur accepted to a contract as his after life had no other purpose at the moment.

Weaknesses: Azur's powers only work as long as he's in proximity to his Contractor and his powers are weaker if they are not being used by her. Azur is fairly uncooperative and will often refuse to help unless he benefits in some way.

Bestiary Entry: N/A

Name: Kiyo & Moriya

Type: Demon

Classification: Nature Spirit.

Appearance: Two three tailed white foxes.

Personality: Kiyo is extremely morally corrupt, anything she does is to benefit her own cause. Though every now and then she does have moments of kindness. Moriya is fairly good-natured for a Demon. Most of her time she tries to help and if she's not well than the most she does is a cruel joke or two.

Biography: Though how they came to be is a mystery how they met Ciel isn't. One day Ciel was wandering behind he Academy grounds and spotted them almost instantly Ciel fell in love. Though they tried to run Ciel cornered them and engaged them in a ritual, and in the end came out victorious. They have been to together ever since.

Weaknesses: Nets.

Bestiary Entry: N/A

Edit: What area I'm I supposed to put what the contract can do?

Edited by Vengent Spectre

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

So I know that you already went through the trouble of pairing people up, but I talked to Adders and we've decided that it would be interesting to have Karen and Brianna as partners. Would that be too much trouble?

I count three powers on Noel currently, which is rather many for Students at an academy. Not to mention all three are fairly developed. If you'll notice the other Vampire's abilities, they're all fairly mediocre, yet your character can lift a ton, influence people, sure weak willed ones, but they're still people, and shapeshift into a plethora of other beings. I'm willing to allow one maybe two abilities to start off with, and generally speaking they won't be very well developed.

As for Rose/Ciel that is a lot of creatures she can summon, so I'm not going to bother reading them all because that is over the limit. Now I do realize that this wasn't in the first post, for reasons I'm still unsure of because I know I edited it in before the RPG started, because I did make the oversight before the RPG was even up.

Beginning Summoners generally only have one or two Demons under their command. This is because when a Summoner first tries to Summon a new Demon, a Demon attracted to them will appear. The two will then engage in a battle of wills, if the Exorcist manages to impose their own will over that of the Demon they will gain control and be able to Summon that Demon again. As this is a Mental Battle, it can appear much longer for the Exorcist, while taking only a second or so real time.

Also Bestiary Entries are wrong, scroll up a few posts where I explain the same thing to Promised Land as well provide a link as to where one can find the information. For that matter, your classifications for things are incorrect as well, you seem to making up new ones as well as mixing and matching Demon terminology with Creature terminology. If you are confused about what something should be you're welcome to leave it blank and I'll fill it in for you. Also Summoners can only call forth Demons. As for Contract stuff that goes under powers and abilities.

@Promised Land. Alright I'll modify the partnering.

Updated Bracketing:

Alistair - Katherine and Adrian - Alexander

Dante - Shanon and Agnes - Brennus

Misayo - Vinnie and Brianna-Karen

Eduardo - Abraham and Tim - Septimus

Ren - Soma and Kyle-Vincent

Bart-???/NPC and Zach-Jeff

There's one thing I need to discuss with a player so I'll be posting the game after he comes on and we discuss it.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Name: Shadow Way (Shadow is more of a nickname but it is the name he would put on his school application).

Type: Hunter

Specialization: Sensing aura.

Appearance: 6’ ½”. Light dark brown hair cut two to three inches. Dark brown eyes. Long slightly darker sweater with hood, no elastic at waist and school emblem on the upper right. His body’s got pretty much no fat, his build is on the thicker side with very well toned muscles, his clothes are a bit bigger to make it hard to tell his physique. He probably won’t wear the same close forever.

Personality: Way is interested in philosophy and self improvement. Despite this he is a loner and will many times seek peace away from others. Because of his past he kind of wants to know what average people are like, but not enough to get in the spirit of things, at least very often. He will sometime take on the persona of an average person, and because of his emotional and mental training and control, he can be a very convincing.

Biography: Born in Canada. Do to his father and his fathers interest Way grew much like him and was trained by his father and others (and surpassed them, almost). Way comes to the school from studying with monks on self control and self and physical improvement. He learned sensing his environment and auras of demons and mastering control over his emotions, mind, and body (he learned but didn’t perfect). He came to this school hoping to find use for the skill he had built over his many years of training. He can pick up on people’s thought patterns and their emotion/aura and can blend in with them as one of their own, because of this he was given the nick name Shadow because he could hide with the crowd in the shadow of those/it who/that were casting the light, or those who’s every ones attention was on.

Skills/Abilities: He can meditate and super sensitize his emotional state and pick up on others auras/emotions he uses this as a way to find Demons, since demons can give off auras, if he has super sensitized, his emotions will vary depending on the demon. He can find very weak demons by basically just sensing them, but because of his lack of experience with stronger demons he will have to meditate longer etc. A demon that hides his aura is harder to find the better they can hide, but when using their power or such they are easier to sense. The closer they are the easier it is, and through direct contact it is much easier for him, unless they have self control enough to control their auras. He has strong will power and cannot be possessed. He is very good at sneaking around and likes to do so at night, and that uneasy feeling you get when you walk by a demon, he can practically reverse that to make himself sort of invisible to attention, unless the ones he is doing it near or around can sense the difference which you would probably need special training to do.

He is in very good physical condition and can fight with several weapons but not really master of any. His favourite would probably be the three sectional staff because of its complexity and difficulty to defend against. Trained in hand to hand combat. Never really trained with fire arms but will pick up on them quickly

Weapons: Three sectional staff, for training with others. When hunting demons a long Nepalese Kukri knife, and a backup knife to start with and may change as he progresses.

Weaknesses: His way of locating demons can not really pinpoint them. He can’t actually see several kinds of demons.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

I'm sorry but starting just with the name, how is Shadow a name really anyone has? Outside of Comic Books and the like. For that matter who uses a nickname like that to apply to a school, and a very prestigious one at that.

Next off what is this specialization of Sensing Auras? Did you look at the specializations listed for Hunters, cause I can't find it on there. Next if he is a Hunter, why is everything in his profile about Demons? Finally I have to come to the biggest problem, his power. Its been stated in the front post that Humans rarely possess any real powers, they rely on other beings or items to do that for them. Hence the whole existence of Smiters. Not to mention stuff like Auras hasn't even been confirmed to exist, and things like that uneasy feeling you can't around a Demon, that doesn't exist at all. In fact the only character with a similar ability, has it listed as an ability and its stated to only affect other Demons, rendering the whole point null. Now I could go into the other problems with the specialization, but end of the story is that it just plain isn't allowed, so to save us both some time I'm just going to drop it now.

To begin with the Personality is rather sparse and the bulk of it something that doesn't make sense to me. What do you mean he doesn't understand average people, yet he takes on the persona of one? I would imagine someone with difficulty in terms of understand people, couldn't act like one. After all it takes an understanding to mimic something. The Bio is also sparse, I would say elaborate on this training and stuff, but his entire training is based around a concept that isn't allowed.

Now skills, first off avoiding possession by everything just isn't possible, fact of the matter is that the entire thing about a possible possession is just impossible to determine. So not only is listing anything about the likelihood of being possessed unnecessary, it's also wrong. Also he's never used firearms but can pick them up easily? That's not how that stuff works. There are issues with the skills and abilities, but I still need the power stuff resolved first before I can even touch on those.

Weaknesses, even if the power was allowed, the weaknesses can't just be related to it. You need other character flaws especially for a character who is apparently good at any form of combat.

One more thing, I don't see any mention of him actually wearing the uniform.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

After an extended conversation with some members of this RPG and some reflection on what I've learned through my own studies about, I am leaving this RPG. It is solidly in romantic territory and I'm an enlightenment fellow with no use for romanticism. Simply put, I like what I like and I have no time for things I don't unless I'm getting paid and, strangely enough no one is willing to pay me to continue to play this RPG. Odd I know. Or in laymen’s terms, I like technology and this RPG likes magic with technology falling by the wayside as a result.

My style of RPing also, I can already tell, will not do very well here. When I fight in RPGs, I fight to win. I fight to kill. I won't give PC's a fair shake, I won't try to arrange it so they survive and feelings aren't hurt. Frankly, if an RPG lets me get away with it, I would gladly wipe out enemy PC's en masse with a tactical nuke. Because I treat battles in RPGs like real people would treat them. Your objective in a battle isn't to harm the other guy as little as possible and still win. Your objective is to make the moron die for his country. Quickly. Here.....I can tell this RPG is taking the storyteller route. Not my route.

I don't gel well with this RPG and I know it. Frankly, I don't gel well with anime and this RPG seems heavily based off of that particular style. So yeah. I'll be in my orbital death-station sniping mages with rods from god if you need me.

Hail Yig and pass the ammunition.

Basilisk.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I thought Smiters called upon Divine beings not Demons? Also she's supposed to been trained to summon throughout most of her life and the number contracts has been changed. I assumed most Vampire could lift that much, I was wrong and I've edited Noel. I am I correct in assuming the sword is okay now?

Edited by Vengent Spectre

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

My style of RPing also, I can already tell, will not do very well here. When I fight in RPGs, I fight to win. I fight to kill. I won't give PC's a fair shake, I won't try to arrange it so they survive and feelings aren't hurt. Frankly, if an RPG lets me get away with it, I would gladly wipe out enemy PC's en masse with a tactical nuke. Because I treat battles in RPGs like real people would treat them. Your objective in a battle isn't to harm the other guy as little as possible and still win. Your objective is to make the moron die for his country. Quickly. Here.....I can tell this RPG is taking the storyteller route. Not my route.

What if you were playing as a kung-fu master?

After an extended conversation with some members of this RPG and some reflection on what I've learned through my own studies about, I am leaving this RPG. It is solidly in romantic territory and I'm an enlightenment fellow with no use for romanticism. Simply put, I like what I like and I have no time for things I don't unless I'm getting paid and, strangely enough no one is willing to pay me to continue to play this RPG. Odd I know. Or in laymen’s terms, I like technology and this RPG likes magic with technology falling by the wayside as a result.

I don't gel well with this RPG and I know it. Frankly, I don't gel well with anime and this RPG seems heavily based off of that particular style. So yeah. I'll be in my orbital death-station sniping mages with rods from god if you need me.

Hail Yig and pass the ammunition.

Basilisk.

Sigh, this is going to be nightmare for me on the logistical side of things regard partners and bracketing, but ah well.

Now Basilisk this is not an attempt to win you back, if you truly want to leave you are free to, all I want to make sure is that you have a clear picture of what exactly it is you're leaving from. Yes, this RPG is based in Magic, yes, this RPG is currently more lighthearted, and yes it is a more storyteller style of RPG. That being said, that's not entirely the entire purpose of the RPG.

First off with Magic, you're in a setting where Magic has had to evolve to be able to survive with technology. Yet technology has not had to the do the same for magic. Currently technologies emphasize has been to improve the effectiveness of magic without anything vice versa. Yet this RPG is not magic v. technology, but rather the two together. Also your character was in a rather lopsided match, Alistair had set everything to his odds, and he is currently the only PC with a real protection against bullets fired straight at him.

However just because Magic seems stronger right now, that's merely a matter of where the RPG is set. An Academy created to help nurture many magical abilities while research how technology can make them stronger. Still If you're remaining predisposed to the whole Magic v. Technology thing instead of both together, then I'll give you an idea of how technology remains relevant. See you've been seeing magic meant to survive in a world with our technology, however any magic v. magic items will be a completely different story, as frankly no defense against technology has been established. In fact one of the first major villains I've devised for this story would be far more affected by technological items than magical ones. In fact weapons like Excalibur would have no impact while an ordinary hand gun would.

Speaking of that villain on to the stuff about lightheartedness. As of current things are intentionally starting off with a bit of lighthearted vibe, because this is a lighthearted academy trying to cope in a darker world so it can bring an end to things. However as the first plot arc should show the academy will rapidly be falling into more grimdark and morally questionable areas. The academy is meant to be lighthouse in the middle of a very dark world, yet every now and then that lighthouse does go out and students will be subjected to really facing the world instead of being protected by the barrier.

Finally, yes, this is very much a storyteller style RPG, if you came here looking just for combat this probably isn't the best RPG for you. These are students and obviously they won't be trying to gut each other, what Academy would let half its student body die to a couple of strong fighters? That said while student v. student combat will obviously be more controlled, that same vein won't apply against any of the main plot villains or demons and creatures invading the area. There you are free to fight as dirty or honorable as you want, you'll just have to be ready to face the consequences. Still not every battle will be like that, you said you fight like real people do, you seem to be confusing that with just wars. Last I saw students who got in a fight weren't trying to kill each other, nor does the every day layman go out and kill people in every fight he takes part in.

So I've covered the three biggest points I noticed discrepancies with, if you still want to leave you are free to. I just wanted to make sure you had a clear understanding of just what it was you were leaving.

/grumblesabouthavingtoretconandrestructure

Now @Vengent, you seemed to have missed out on how Smiters and Summoners work. Smiters form contracts with Divine beings to be able to call upon that being's aid. Said being rarely is seen, and generally its merely as though the Smiter gained powers with a drawback. Take a look at some of the other Smiters like Dante, Septimus, and Eduardo for ideas of how a contract can work.

Summoners merely summon Demons to help them fight. This generally involves going through a ritual for summoning in which a random Demon may be drawn to them. The two will then go through a mental battle of wills in which the Summoner proves to the demon that they are ready to be their master. See Abraham and Vincent for ideas of how Summoners work. You're also still confusing the classifications so I suggest looking back over the first post. As I'm currently tuckered out from writing first thing in the morning I'll have you fix those basic parts first before moving onto issues with the actual characters.

Now as for Noel the two abilities are still rather developed and quite frankly I don't understand the need for increased strength when Vampire can just chug on some blood to gain a temporary surge in strength. As for the shapeshifting power, I'd probably limit it to one or two small animals. Being able to shift into that many I could already come up with a plethora of ways to deal with some due to all those creatures being rather specialized at certain things.

@Everyone: I would like to request you all start wrapping up any current interaction in preparation for an upcoming timeskip to the Tournament. I'll be fixing the bracketing right before then.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

And I've gotten PM's of accusing me of leaving for petty reasons already. Waita miss the point the people. If you want to think that I can't stop you, but do note, I've lost before and haven't left the RPG in question and I did talk to staff members before regarding this. Then followed it up with an examination of the RPG, the attitudes of those within and compared it to my attitudes.

Onarax, when a teenager can take down a tank, that's when I normally stop playing RPGs. I don't so much have a suspension of disbelief as a tacit agreement with a part of my brain that says if things get too crazy we're leaving faster then light traveling across the void.

Storytelling is for books, I prefer a tad bit more...consequence...in my RPGs. By Yig, you think I'm leaving because students can't kill eachother? I'm talking about attitudes. In narratives death is a huge thing for a main character, they go out with style, or with some epic moment. I prefer RPG's over stories because Luke's sometimes shot dead by a random mook before he does anything. Narratives are nice, but they're predictable. TVtropes does that to a person. Guess what? Snark was going to win that duel. Rather easily. If you think I'm leaving because of that I can't very well stop you. My tastes in fantasy are finicky and fickle at best and this RPG doesn't fit them. If I don't like I what a taste, I typically stop eating. Simple-as. In short, storytelling is fine, but I prefer a shade of realism in my RPGs. Not always the kind of realism that springs to mind, not removing magic, not even saying the Big Bang created the universe. I'm talking about actions and results.

A random mook killing an important main character, the Empire winning, Gondor burning, the Draka getting swarmed by an alliance of people who aren't insane nutcases and eliminated early in their history. In storytelling, that couldn't happen. The Empire never wins (or never wins when it matters), Gonder won't burn because they're the good guys, sure, they might suffer, but in the end they'll triumph. The Draka will keep winning because the writer hands them an "I-win" button. This is a storytelling RPG, like you said, and I can already tell where it's heading. Sure, 40k is Grimdark, but the Space Marines win in most of the novels. Indeed, the one novel were they didn't had people at the Black Library writing to the author asking him if he was *sure* about that.

Not saying the RPG wouldn't be dark, but it's tied too strongly to the narrative for me to enjoy it.

What if you were playing as a kung-fu master?

Why do that when you could just shoot someone? Simpler, less effort and quicker. That's my attitude torwards it and in this RPG, I rather suspect the master would shrug off bullets. Somehow. Simply because he was supposed to be a tough fight. That's fine, not judging that and it could probably be justified in the lore, but me, my tactics, my attitudes just aren't compatible with that kind of logic.

Edited by Basilisk