Epilogue

OOC: Oh hai Snark. Still holding up to your name I trust? :P
IC (Katherine)
Katherine scanned the room and noted, with mild distaste, that the advance scouts of the metaphorical swarm had arrived. Lovely. She noted the man sitting near here, better to make use of that particular resource whilst she could still hear herself think. “Pardon?” She raised her voice slightly as a another wave of noise crashed into the arena. “Do you have a moment?”

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Of course. "Hmm?"Alistair replied, swiveling slightly in his seat to face the vampire nearby. "I rather hope I have more than a moment, I haven't even thought about what my last words would be."

The British teen grinned slightly to show that he was joking, before nodding. "In all seriousness, I do have several moments to spare. It'll be a bit before this place settles down enough for Arnie to begin his theatrics. How can I help you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Eliana (Arena Complex)

She doesn't really care about getting a good spot, and so is simply swept along until reaching the Complex. However, just by being in the courtyard, she manages to slip into a 6th row seat, not all that horrible overall.

With a sigh, she leans back and turns out the crowd. Soon enough the Headmaster'll be here, and then she can go do something interesting.

Whoop-de-do.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Katherine)
“To be frank, this isn’t what I was expecting. From my understanding, this academy is supposed to prepare people for combat. So far, what discipline I’ve seen has been rather….lax. Is this because of it’s the first day back….or is this what it’s like all the time?” If it was, she’d just focus on an intelligence gathering, because she rather doubted she could learn anything valuable pertaining to combat in that case.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Vincent, Agnes, Misayo

"Well, it looks like the time has come." Dismissing Eleven, Vincent began to head towards the Arena Complex. Reaching the Arena, he looked around. "Where to sit..." Sitting close to the front would offer better hearing, but a lower range of visibility. Sitting to back would offer an extremely wide range of vision but any sound that would travel to the back of the arena would be quite faint. Making a quick count of the rows, he eventually chose a seat about one third of the way up. Sitting himself down, he waited for the speech to begin. As it would probably be a long wait, Vincent opted not to keep his brain at full capacity; to alleviate boredom, he slowly slipped into a trance state.

Agnes, having put her iPod away, had chosen to sit a tad farther away from the stage. Sitting about halfway up, she twiddled her thumbs as she waited for the presentation to begin. "So boring," she thought. "Why do I have to sit still for so long?"

The fox noticed that students were entering the building. "Is it time for this 'presentation'?" Misayo thought to herself. Choosing a quiet place to shift forms, she adjusted her uniform before quietly slipping into the crowd, trying to stay unremarkable. Slipping through the blob of people like a snake slithering in between rocks, she eventually came into the arena, assessing the seating. Should she try to keep an eye on Agnes? No, nothing could happen here. Besides, she didn't want anybody noticing that she was "stalking" someone. Soon, she decided on a seat in the second row, quietly reaching her destination, where she found herself surrounded by returning students. "Watashi wa bachigaida (Am I out of place)?" she muttered quietly to herself.

Edited by Constructman: Black Knight

IC [shanon]

The Academy was grand, at least. Shanon had never seen anything like it in her life; she was use to her small town high-school, this was most definitely not small town. It'd definitely be an adjustment, mingling with these people, many of whom she understood to be children of those rich and famous. Some of them were normal, some of them weren't, all of them were involved in this world somehow. Her? She was a survivor, a victim who got lucky. He had talked to her about the things she'd have to do, the walk she'd have to walk and all the people she'd have to put up with. It sounded daunting but she knew it would be worth it; this place would teach her what she needed to know, so that she could kill these creatures far more effectively. As it stood she had little experience and only the faintest knowledge; here, she could absorb tactics and start a legacy. A line of creature hunters that would-

She gave the person standing next to her an elbow as they both rushed to the same seat, the other girl reeling from the blow, and Shanon scored a seat near the front row. Then she looked over at who was there; the woman's mere image made Shanon's brain hurt. She kept down any flashbacks but decided she'd have to avoid looking directly at her if she wanted to not burst into tears in a crowded room. She must of been some sort of creature... from what she could tell, a vampire?

OOC

hai basilisk

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Misayo

Something caught her attention. A Caucasian girl, maybe around eighteen, was feeling uncomfortable for some reason. She looked somewhat anxious but Misayo couldn't tell what had triggered the response, or if she was feeling anything at all. "Daijobu desu-" she started before correcting herself. The girl probably didn't speak Japanese. "Are you.. alright?" she managed to stammer in English.

OOC: Humva, mind if I butt in?

IC:"A little bit of both. The first day back is always the most chaotic, without exception." Abraham's eyes briefly roamed over the arriving students, before looking back to the one he was speaking with. "This is in part due to the fact that most haven't yet adapted to being back to school, and partly because the freshmen are always chaotic. Some of them have never seen so many Nobles before, and Nobles so many Exorcists or Hunters, so there's also a note of bravado involved. No one wants to look like the easy target."Though the statement was distinctly at odd with his own appearance, the senior pressed on after only a momentary pause. "But this school is rarely completely serious. I think the Headmaster does it on purpose; the only real way to keep so many species that are often enemies calm around each other is to keep the mood light.""But if you're worried that we're all fools and goofballs, I assure you, we're not. Most of the freshmen will shape up, and most of the older students will sober up as school kicks into gear."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Katherine)
Katherine looked distinctly unimpressed for a few moments before adopting a carefully constructed neutral expression. “Perhaps. I suppose I was expecting….West Point. Not high school.” She glanced at a group of giggling schoolgirls for a moment. “Because if that, sir, is the last best hope for humanity against the hordes of darkness, I have a date with an underground bunker and a food stockpile.” Katherine paused for a moment, her memories of training with the BlackWatch instructors coming back. It’d been hades at the time, but now she remembered it fondly. Nothing beat the look in a mugger’s eyes as they realized just how badly they had screwed up. That'd made the whole experience worthwhile.
OOC: Hai Humva.
Edited by Basilisk

IC: Dante (Arena Complex, Bemoaning his luck on the Top Row) "Seriously, do the gods hate me or something. They said I'd be fine if I didn't end up on the top row, well guess what that's precisely where I am." Dante groaned from the the top of the coliseum, he could barely see the actual podium in the center of the Arena Complex. Well at least it has a mic, so that means there has to be a speaker system right? Dante's hopes were crushed when he glanced up, only to find that the speaker above his head appeared wrecked. It seemed some sort of odd projectile had embedded itself within the speaker. Typical, should've expected as much, Dante thought rather resigned, well there's gotta be at least some way to hear what's going on. As Dante struggled to come up with an idea, the Italian decided to lean back, he always thought best when relaxed, unfortunately, for reasons he wasn't exactly sure of, he slipped, causing him to fall down quite a fair number rows. Well, more so he rolled down the heads of people. He finally stopped around one of the middle when he forced the person seating in that seat prior to fall forwards. The person knocked forwards happened to rather shy, so he scampered off without a word. Dante however was aching all over as he sat in his newly acquired seat. Well at least I'm no longer at the top.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (Katherine)
Katherine shook his hand, lightly. “Katherine Reynolds. A pleasure.” At the very least, she wouldn’t be in an ‘only sane woman’ situation. She’d be heading for the hills within a week if that was the case. Katherine glanced up at a sudden commotion…only see to some fool tumble down a few rows of seats. “…..I have seen party colleges that impressed me more. If these students can’t even keep their balance in their own bloody seats….how can they fight aforementioned hordes of darkness?” She sighed. “Ah well. At least I got some decent combat training before now.”

IC [shanon]

"If it's condolence, I can sympathize with you." Shanon piped up from the next seat, "I'm out of high-school; by all right I should be in college but, well, I couldn't find any other monster slaying colleges that my scholarship was quite compatible with."

Edited by Darth Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:"I don't know, the combat instructors are fairly competent. Never really sparred with one personally. I'm still irked that I ran out of history or mythology classes to take." Alistair replied, setting his messenger bag down next to his feet, and pulling a book out of it. It seemed to be more for the sake of holding it than anything else, since he made no move to open it. "I can, however, say that the history teachers are top notch.""And yes, there are some people here with horrific luck. Other with a horrific sense of humor. There was one trickster last year, name started with a "V". Ah, but I digress. I rather suspect that even if the students of this school were to fall, Arnie wouldn't. He's an eccentric one, but...Our Headmaster is most certainly more than meets the eye."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC MisayoMonster slaying college?Monster... slaying... college?Scholarship... compatible?"Just what was her scholarship anyway?" Misayo whispered to herself.IC Agnes"Does that sort of thing always happen to you?" Agnes asked. "Because I've never seen someone do that before. Never. Never even heard of it."

OOCUm, Constructman? Aren't you on the top row with Dante? I'm near the front with Basilisk and Prime xD

voidstars.png

OOCUm, Constructman? Aren't you on the top row with Dante? I'm near the front with Basilisk and Prime xD

OOC Different characters. Dante fell all the way to the middle row, where Agnes is. Misayo's at the front.IC VincentVincent watched as a student fell from the top to the middle row. "Wow," he sarcastically thought to himself. He tried to recenter but a group of girls next to him chattering away distracted him. "Ugh..."

IC (Katherine)
“I’ll judge that for myself. So far I’m….skeptical.” Katherine shifted her gaze to the new girl, who’d only sat down recently. “I’m starting to think college would have been a better use of my time. Maybe it’s different if you’ve grown up with this world. Living in it I mean...but seeing people react in such a lackadaisical manner is….disconcerting to say the least.” She remembered working with….or rather observing, BlackStone’s intelligence department. They treated this whole situation with the respect and caution it deserved. If these….students….could hold the line against the monsters of the world, then she suspected many of the worries that plagued BlackWatch were unfounded. Some good news at least.
Edited by Basilisk

IC:"Oh, it was an immense culture shock when I first arrived here. I grew up with knowledge of this world, but my family treated it with the utmost respect and seriousness. Probably has to do with the fact that they've been dealing with it since before the Dark Ages." Alistair shrugged slightly, tapping the book against the palm of his opposite hand.

"But then again, I don't have the issues adapting to the idea of Nobles and Hunters under the same roof. Many of these people only became knowledgeable of this world recently, still others haven't learned to consider a Noble or a Hunter as anything but a foe to be wary of. They have to react with humor, it's the only way they can cope, I suppose."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Katherine)
“When the humor runs out then, things will get ugly. Better to deal with it right away. Much more practical.” Katherine’s brow curled in distaste as that same group of chattering airheads started to cooing over some picture on a mobile phone. “The more I see, the happier I am I didn’t grow up in this world. Seems like its several centuries behind in more ways than one. If the USA could hammer out an agreement with the USSR then they should be able to deal with simple facts….such as the fact that nobles don’t consist of frothing at the mouth monsters and hunters don’t, in fact, go out and burn crosses on the front lawn of nobles for giggles.”

IC:"On one hand, I agree with you."

"There's a lot of prejudice that there doesn't need to be. Hunters wary of all Nobles, Nobles convinced that Hunters exist solely to kill them. But those people forget that at the end of the day, neither one is the other's enemy. They should be more concerned about the things that they don't see."

"But at the same time, I can understand why they do what they do." Alistair paused in tapping the book, looking at the same group of girls. "Some of the people here have been through some very, very bad things at the hands of the other group. There are bad eggs on both sides. Extremist Hunters, who believe anything Noble should die. Feral Nobles who see humanity as nothing more than a source of prey.""While it is foolish to fight over foolish prejudices, there is a lot of bad blood out there, if you'll pardon the pun."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Katherine)
“The US had McCarthy and the USSR had Stalin. They still managed to not blow the world up. Forgive me if I have a less…forgiving view of the matter. To me, they both sound like a bunch of naval-gazers. Forever dwelling on something instead of fixing it, useless, in other words.” Katherine shrugged. “Pretty much drilled that into me during training. Panic is fine. Screaming for thirty minutes while everything goes to hades in a handbasket will get you killed. Quickly."
Edited by Basilisk

IC:"Yes, but I don't recall Stalin eating McCarthy, or McCarthy driving a wooden stake through Stalin's heart." Alistair replied, with a touch of amusement. "But I don't disagree. And really, that's why the Venator Academy was founded. To try and start repairing relationships, starting when the people were young.""As for your training... I don't envy you. That sounds decidedly unpleasant. I'll take my old fashioned lessons, thank you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Katherine)
"Point is, my training was effective. This...." She gestured at the chaos consuming the arena. "Seems like the exact opposite. A bunch of age-old bad blood, barely contained hatred and bad luck all hid under a thin veil of good humor. That doesn't a coherent fighting force make.” She sighed. “Sorry if I seem like I’m focusing on the negatives, but I need to know exactly what I’m up against here.”

IC [shanon]

"McCarthy did try to invade China though, so just personally speaking here I think that isn't exactly that far off from stake driving. No less absurd than an Asian land war anyways."

voidstars.png

IC:"You're not up against anything here." Alistair pointed out, shrugging slightly. "And feel free to focus on what you wish. Everyone has their opinions on things, and far be it from me to try and change yours. Not only would that be arrogant of me, it would be ineffectual.""And you, miss," Alistair said, glancing at Shanon. "Do have something of a point."

IC:
Another student had arrived much, much earlier than everyone else. But in his case, it was not out of a desire to get a good seat. It was because he and crowds did not mix at all. Bad things happened.
He sat in his seat somewhat anxiously, watching his surroundings. No nearby textbooks... No people to be pushed into... Can't trip when I'm sitting... A small, tiny bit of ceiling fell loose, falling down, down, down. It had been dangling on the brink of falling, and one little push- It barely missed Abraham's head. Karrie swore.
"Gee, thank you. Just what I want to deal with on my very first day. Falling ceiling plaster."
Karrie stuck out her tongue at him and drifted down to the seat beside him. "You're getting too good at avoiding me."
"It's a survival tactic." Abraham replied, glancing at the form next to him, unseen by everyone but him. "Because otherwise, I'd be dead or incapacitated by now."
"Incapacitated people are no fun, and dead people are the height of boooring. Trust me, I've known a few." She shrugged. "Nah, mild wounding is all you're likely to get."
"That's very, very comforting."
"You're the one that stuck me here, bucko."
"You're the one that responded to the attempted summon, missy."
"Well, excuuuuuse me. I'm a bad spirit. I like torturing people. I thought you were some crazy person I could torment and then leave. I didn't think you could actually bind me here."
"Believe me," Abraham said dryly, rolling his eyes slightly. "It wasn't intentional. And I rather suspect you're inflating your own behavior, because while torment might be an applicable term here, torture is a bit of an exaggeration."
Karrie sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I'm a horrible evil spirit."
"You must be; you set my Christmas tree on fire."
"I take offense at Christmas trees, that wasn't your fault."
"... Why do you take offense at Christmas trees?"
"They aren't. Related. To Christmas."
"... So you go pyro on them?"
"Yes. Yes I do."
"... You're very, very odd, and I realize that saying that to an accidentally summoned ghost is the understatement of the year."
"Oh, hush you. You wouldn't know odd if it continually hit you with books and other objects."
"Oh wait. It does."
Karrie stuck out her tongue again.
"If you keep doing that, your face will freeze that way."
Karrie didn't move, a panicked look slowly raising in her eyes. "It 'as. IT 'AS"
"I don't believe you."
"You're no fun." Karrie scowled. "Wish I had more ceiling plaster."
"You'll probably find something to throw at me sooner or later."
Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Katherine)

"I'll beg to differ on that. Considering there are people in this crowd who'd love to drive a wooden object into my chest." Katherine shrugged. "Don't think me a hypocrite for worrying about that. Just because I know their attitudes are pointless doesn't diminish the threat of death. I have a rather worrying bad habit you see. I like living. Alot. Do almost anything to keep doing it."

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: So remember when I said this was going to come on at 7:30 PM, yeah, I realized I want to take a nap, so this is coming up now. Sorry for any inconvenience. =P

IC: Orientation Speech

The lights in the coliseum began to flicker out signaling for all the older students to be quiet, they knew about Headmaster Sheppard and his tendency for theatrics. However some of the new students were a bit alarmed by the sudden blackout, their fears were quickly quelled when a single spotlight suddenly shown in the center of the coliseum. There stood Headmaster Sheppard in all his pudgy glory, basking in all the attention being broadcast his way. The Headmaster lived for this sort of attention. However he realized that he did still have a job to do, so after tapping on the microphone a few times, annoying quite a few students with the noise, he began. "Welcome to Venator Academy,” he let out in a deep booming voice, “Where we train the best and brightest young Exorcists, Hunters, Nobles, et cetera, et cetera. That’s the dull spiel I’m supposed to give, right Alistair?” The deep boom in his voice had soon faded away, giving way to a more joking, almost mocking, but gentle voice. “Oh don’t look so surprised you should know by now that I know everything that goes on within this Academy. How’s that for change?” “Oh, and Vinnie, please stop casting illusions to trick boys into going in the Ladies’ Room,” Sheppard quickly added, he knew he should get this matter out of the way, “I know you think it’s hilarious but it’s already sent three boys to nurse’s. It’s the first day, at least give them a week or so.” Despite the nature of the words, Sheppard still spoke everything as if it was just another everyday occurrence, something that no doubt disturbed some of the newer students. However just as quickly had he dealt with the Vinnie issue did Sheppard move on. “Now with all that nonsense out of the way I’d like to welcome you all to Venator Academy where we train, oh right already did that part, thank you Alistair.” His head nodded in the direction of the older student, acknowledging him in the middle of the crowed. Alistair, for his part, raised his hand in greeting, seemingly undisturbed by the fact that he’d been mentioned by name in the middle of an assembly. The combination of grin and greeting was a nigh on universal way to say You’re welcome. “Now, I’m sure the majority of you already know much of the following, but formality dictates I still go through with all that stuff about our purpose and what not.” Sheppard himself seemed extremely bored about the spiel he was about to give. “This Academy is no ordinary Academy, it is an Academy with a simple goal in mind, to bring about peace between Demon World and our own.” Once more displaying his love for theatrics, Sheppard paused before continuing. “Exorcists.” His right gestured out in yet another show of theatrics, followed by another short pause. “Hunters.” This time it was his left hand, and with one more pause. “Nobles.” He yelled this time, allowing both his hands to fly up. His words seemed to urge on quite a few people as loud cheers came from the crowd. “In this Academy all of you stand united,” Sheppard started, his theatrics far from over, of course he was already wishing he had picked out an OST to play in the background. “Regardless of the conflict that goes on outside our doors. Together we can and will push back the demonic threat, for you see students, you stand at a crossroads. Our choices in the coming years will determine whether we win this war or lose it, but one way or another everyone knows the end of the brutal war is fast approaching,” Once more Sheppard paused for dramatic effect. “Now is your chance to make your mark!” He yelled out with a bit of a roar. This was followed by an even louder cheer from the students. Which Sheppard took no part in attempting to quiet, in fact the man seemed to be urging them on. When the cheer finally subsided, Sheppard resumed. “As those of you who read the handbook know,” Already a few lazy students seemed to slink in their seats, and Sheppard’s eyes were the cause of it, he knew quite well that they had neglected to do the reading. “There are a few changes going on this year, the biggest is the introduction of a new type of student that will aid us in our cause. They are those who have unfortunately been possessed by Demons.” There was a groan from a few of the students, but Sheppard was quick to glare at the offenders. “While we are still doing all we can in our power to exorcise them, our Academy has never been one to partake in the common prejudices in this world. So we have decided to accept their help, for after all there’s an old saying:” Sheppard smiled, he loved the following quote. “Know thy enemy, know thyself,” Sheppard’s smile turned into a large grin, “Sun Tzu was the man who wrote down those words, and believe me these special students certainly know our enemy, our job is to help them know themselves. So while I can’t reveal their names to you, please be as welcoming and accepting of everyone as you always are.” Before another groan had a chance to crop up again, Sheppard was quick to silence those problem students with another glare from his eyes, which were glowing a deeper shade of red than normal. No one was quite sure how Sheppard did it, but he always knew what was going on in the Academy. “Alright,” Sheppard clapped his hands together, his cheery face back, “I think that’s good enough don’t you? Time to get to the part I’m sure you all been waiting eagerly for, the part where I tell exactly how this year’s tournament is going down.” A massive cheer was emitted from the crowd; the tournament was always one of the more enjoyable parts of the school year. Many of the older students knew they were in for a treat, listening about the tournament was one of the main things they were interested in hearing about. “Once more I’ve taken the liberty of shaking things up, so the tiny bit of information in the handbook, yeah that’s outdated, my bad.” Sheppard chuckled and a few of the students joined in as well, others however were dreading what the headmaster may have decided for them. “First and foremost I’ve decided to let some of my returning alumni test their mettle against our new blood,” quite a few students found themselves worried by this latest development, but it was better than facing, say, the teachers. “Of course that’s not even the biggest change, you see students I’ve decided to promote teambuilding rather heavily this year, so all of you will be required to find a partner.” A silence descended upon the coliseum as the students processed the new information. Some were excited about the chance of boosting their odds; others were dreading the concept of working with someone else. Regardless of their desires, Sheppard was giving them no choice in the matter. “That’s right students, each and every one of you will have to find a partner, if you can’t find one on your own I’ll pick one for you and won’t that be fun. For me that is.” Sheppard let out loud laugh, filling quite a few students with dread. “Of course you know me,” the students were worried, they knew that the following couldn’t be good. “I couldn’t just leave things there, I’m also taking the liberty of mixing things up even more. You see this year there’ll no longer be separate tournaments for you to sign up, instead I’ve decided to just lump it all together.” This information worried quite a few more students, many of them were only good at one or two things. The lack of separate tournaments lowered their odds of doing well quite considerable. Sheppard of course knew this, “You see, each round of the tournament will have a different game, one that will test all facets of your abilities, so let’s hope you find a partner who compliments you or you might find yourself short staffed.” “Like me,” Sheppard chuckled, “can you believe I don’t have a butler yet, I mean plenty of you guys have a butler, why don’t I get one?” This comment eased the nerve of quite a few students, causing much of the crowd to laugh at Sheppard’s ‘predicament’. “Ah, but I digress,” Sheppard sighed getting back on topic. “The tournament will begin in precisely two days so you’ll all be required to find a partner and sign up on the bulletin board by then. Have fun kiddos and try not to kill each other over who gets to pair up with whom, the nurse already has her hands full.” This caused another laugh from the audience and a certain Vinnie shrunk in her seat. “Oh and one more thing,” Sheppard grinned, this information was always the best part, “winner of the tournament gets a special prize.” “Now go nuts!” He yelled as smoke appeared around as the spotlight winked out and the coliseum was covered in darkness. It was an only for a moment though and when the lights came back on Sheppard was nowhere to be seen, the man really did love his theatrics. It wasn’t long before one of the teachers regained some semblance of peace and began to explain some of the more logistical stuff, such as classes and about the school. Stuff most of the students knew from the Handbook anyway, the explanation only took a few minutes. Once done the teacher and the rest of the faculty stood up and began directing students out of the Arena Complex. The Tournament of Tests had begun! OOC: So, this speech marks the beginning of the coming arc. The Tournament events will begin in two days, so feel free to take this time for your characters to partner up, interact and all that jazz. Once your character has partnered up, please post in the Discussion Topic. On Saturday or Sunday I will start up the first event. Hope you guys have fun with the games cause after this things are going to start going in much different direction. It's not going to be all fun and games for long.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC MisayoWhile Alistair, Katherine, and Misayo were talking, Misayo carefully listened in. Their talk was interesting, to say the least. Misayo couldn't help but feel that the vampire was being too pessimistic, to say the least. After all, they were just kids; what would expect from a being who's frontal cortex wasn't fully developed yet? Misayo fingered her necklace while she contemplated the issues that the discussion next to her had brought up.Then the Headmaster began his speech."Bakada na (what a fool/idiot)," she spat condescendingly. What kind of man was this? This was supposed to be a training ground for warriors and for researchers, and yet... this?!IC VincentUnbeknownst to the Kitsune a few rows down, Vincent was having the exact same thoughts. "What manner of comedian runs this show?" he sighed. "Do I honestly have to deal with this for the next three years? And he seemed like a serious guy in the handbook..."IC AgnesAgnes, however, took an instant liking to the Director. "This guy seems like a lot of fun!" she thought. She wasn't fond of old, stodgy, teachers like her tutor back in Berlin. This was a refreshment.

IC (Katherine)
The sides of Katherine’s mouth twitched. “So. The world is under threat from demons. The only thing keeping the student body from slitting each other’s throats is some bad jokes and instead of a serious attempt at training, we have a glorified sports league. Lovely. Just bloody lovely.” Katherine dearly wished she’d thought to pack some wine. She dearly needed it. She sighed and composed her thoughts. All was not yet lost, she could simply barricade herself in the library if worse came to worse. There had to be useful information on there, there simply had to be. Even the brief introduction in the syllabus had been somewhat enlightening. Her primary mission could still be completed, it’d just be a good deal more annoying then she had hoped for.
Edited by Basilisk

IC:"Bloody heck..."Alistair cursed quietly to himself, as the Headmaster made his departure. He was tapping the book against his hand again, faster now. It seemed to be a habit that occurred when he was either agitated or in thought, though it was unclear whether he was aware of it. It was battered and old looking, the title barely visible; Arthurian Myth.

"Bother. Partners this year. I hate when we have partner activities. I'm never sure if the person I'm working with will actually watch my back."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zach

Partners? Hm, this will be interesting... I'd better find someone so the Headmaster doesn't decide to pair me with someone random... still, people are people. I don't mind people. Or Nobles. Nobles are people too, I guess.

Zach pondered this for a bit while leaving the Arena. People were already pairing up however. Oh well, it didn't matter who he paired up with so long as they could help him win the Tournament... or if they were good people. Zach wasn't going to get too picky with choosing someone.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Septimus

"Partners, huh," said Septimus with a smile, moving his centre of gravity from one leg to another. He may have been an assistant teacher, but when the headmaster had spoken of returning alumni, he was sure that it was referring to he and any other of his former schoolmates who had decided to come back. "Well, I wonder if the kids can work together."