Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!


Photo

Epilogue

Epilogue RPG

  • Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#161 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 07:03 AM

IC: “Zhuang"

 

"I do not accept propositions from old men."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#162 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

  • 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 07:21 AM

IC: Arnie (Suspicions Growing)

 

"And I do not allow for just anyone to enter this academy," Arnie rebutted, "You have two options, either tell me all your reasons for coming here, as well as your background and what you intend to do here. Or you can accept my wager and possibly avoid giving up that information. So, I'll ask again, what say you?" 


  • 0

#163 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 07:30 AM

IC: "Zhuang"

 

"I never tell anyone my background before the first date. And I have already answered your question. I am simply travelling the world. This is just another stop."


Edited by Content with Life, Jul 28 2013 - 07:31 AM.

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#164 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

  • 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 07:35 AM

IC: Arnie (Raising an Eyebrow)

 

"I don't believe you fully comprehend the nature of this stop. This stop requires a background check and my approval, otherwise it is off limits to you." Arnie replied bluntly, "So this is the final time I ask, tell me exactly who you are, or accept my wager. Personally I'd prefer the wager, it's been too long since I've had a good one." 


  • 0

#165 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 07:55 AM

IC: "Zhuang"She sighed. This whay she didn't like dealing with others. Too many questions."Here, have this business card."She handed the headmaster a sinple cardboard square, with her pseudonym, occupation and International Hunter Organisation ID number."
  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#166 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

  • 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 08:21 AM

IC: Arnie (Final Offer)

 

Arnie took the business card without even bothering to look at it, there would be plenty of time for that later. "Had you given this to me before, it might have been enough, but after dodging my questions for so long, you still expect this to be enough. I'm honestly disappointed in you. This is my final offer to you, we're having a tournament at the academy, find a partner and enter. Should the two of you survive four rounds, I will allow you to get off scot free." 

 

Arnie's eyes then narrowed, his next words coming out sharply and deliberately. "Should you lose, you and I are going to have a little chat. Where you will tell me everything, including why you skirted around my questions earlier. Also, if you're unable to find a partner, I'll make sure to assign one to you, that compliments the particular skill set listed on your card, because I prefer my bets to be fair. This is your final offer, if you wish to enter the academy, you must accept it, otherwise you must leave and never return."

 

"So, what say you?" 


  • 0

#167 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 08:37 AM

IC: "Zhuang""You rudely confront a lady who has already told you eveyrthing you wished to know, and then don't even glance at her business card. That's a cultural faux-pas, where I come from."A tournament, really? That was an incredily stupid way of testing students. Of course, it was a western school with mediocre curriculums, so it was probably normal for them."I am not going to join in thus little game of yours. If you have any complaints, direct them to the IHO; or do you believe yourself to be above them?"
  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#168 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

  • 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 08:46 AM

IC: Arnie (Laying Down the Law of the Land)

 

"Really, you've told me everything I want to know. I don't think you understand something, I need to know the backgrounds of anyone who steps foot on these premises." Arnie stated bluntly, this Academy was his domain, if she was going to question his orders here, she was free to leave. 

 

"I have given you the option to get by without that requirement, which is rather generous. As for you little query with the IHO, I don't think you realize something, this is Venator Academy. It is a private group not affiliated with any other organizations, including the IHO. So yes here, in my Academy, I am above them."

 

Each of the following of words seemed to exude an unnatural amount of authority, enough to make a common person want to bow down and grovel before Sheppard, "You and the rest of the IHO have no authority here. All authority here rests solely upon my shoulders, when I give you two options, there are only two options for you, you cannot create a new one. Countless organizations, including the IHO have tried to seize control of this academy, each time they were rebuffed."

 

"I care not of your coming from the IHO, this is my Academy and I will only allow those in who I deem fit. Are we perfectly clear? You can accept the offer I have given you, or you will be repulsed from this Academy. By force if necessary."


Edited by Toa Onarax, Jul 28 2013 - 08:47 AM.

  • 0

#169 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 08:52 AM

IC: "Zhuang""Your feeble grasp on politics astounds me. I expected more from the headmaster of this school. After all, you do need to keep your relations with the hundreds of other factions decent if you wish for the academy to continue functioning with support. It'd be a shame for anything to happen to those ties."She snapped her fingers."Very well, I shall acqueisce to your demands. By the end of the hour, I will be elsewhere."
  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#170 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

  • 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 08:57 AM

OOC: I really don't think you're understanding the fact that Venator Academy is an entirely independent organization. It is completely self sustaining. In addition the other organizations care for maintaining their ties with Venator Academy more than with your character. Not because Venator Academy relies on anything they could offer, but because they rely on the technologies the Academy pushes out. 

 

IC: Arnie (Dismissing a Fool)

 

"Do you still not understand your situation? We are an entirely independent organization. We are not reliant on ties to any other group, we have distanced ourselves above them. As a matter of fact, I'd imagine that organizations, like the IHO, care more to have access to technologies are facilities push out, than anything you could supply them." Arnie stated bluntly, it appeared this lady was more of a fool than she let on.


Edited by Toa Onarax, Jul 28 2013 - 08:58 AM.

  • 0

#171 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 09:04 AM

IC: "Zhuang""Careful; one day that arrogance of yours will doom this academy, Now if you excuse me, I need to pay a visit to the Church of England."
  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#172 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

  • 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 09:10 AM

IC: Arnie (Astounded by the depths of Zhuang's ignorance)

 

"Arrogance?" Arnie asked, "I am merely stating the facts, and by Church of England you mean the same Church that relies on our technologies? I think you'll find that they wouldn't desire losing our favor. After all without us they would have fallen long ago, many of their highest ranking members are graduates of this Academy. There is no organization you could possibly turn against us."


  • 0

#173 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 09:14 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]IC: [color=rgb(218,165,32);]Eliana, [/color][color=rgb(139,69,19);]Wallace [/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);](Courtyard)[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Eliana has moved on from her seat in the Complex, now mulling over this year's Tournament. The fact that Alumni would be allowed to participate would make it so that she wasn't one of the stronger contenders, instead likely being about average overall, perhaps a bit higher than that. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]And, of course, the partner requirement tossed things up even more. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Upon entering the Courtyard where she made been before the announcement, she finds a stocky boy lassoing various tree branches with a rope. A cowboy hat, adorned with a feather or two, was carefully placed on his head, and even with the way he twisted while throwing the lasso it stayed perched on his head. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]His name came to her mind quickly, he was rather well-known. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Wallace Jamenson, Noble. The 'Werehorse', and one of the friendliest people Eliana's ever met. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(218,165,32);]"Hola, Wally!"[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]He turns and upon seeing the Exorcist breaks into a large grin, walking over to her while gathering up the rope.[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(139,69,19);]"Ho, miss Eliana! You been good? I shore hope so, ya've dealt with enough trouble in ya life."[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(218,165,32);]"I have been good, Wally. What's your opinion on the tournament, good? Bad? Indifferent?"[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(139,69,19);]"I'd say it's a good twist on the norm'l formula, enough to freshen things up withou' completely changin' it to a whole 'nother ballgame. 'aven't found a partner yet, though."[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(218,165,32);]"Neither have I.. say... we might make a good team.."[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(139,69,19);]"Now that I think 'bout it.. we might. Ranged and Melee when I'm like this, and as a horse you can hop on mah back for the higher ground!"[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(218,165,32);]"So, partners?"[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(139,69,19);]"Partners."[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]They shook hands, grinning, and left the courtyard to go ahead and sign up for the tournament. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Perhaps, just perhaps, they could win this after all.. [/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]OOC: Yes, Wally's meant to speak that way. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Anyway, this's my last post 'til sometime Saturday. If anyone needs interaction, feel free to use either Eliana or Wally as an NPC to solve that. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Thanks, cya all later~ [/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#174 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 10:09 AM

IC:[color=#0000ff;] Vincent (Watching a fool and a self-important prick)[/color]

[color=#0000ff;]". . . . . ."[/color]

 

Vincent had meant to look for a partner but this incident had caught his attention. Apparently  the Headmaster was having an argument with a new arrival. Scooting closer to the the two, he managed to catch wind of some of their conversation. 

 

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]"I do not accept propositions from old men..."[/color]

 

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]"And I do not allow for just anyone to enter this academy..."[/color]

 

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]"If you have any complaints, direct them to the IHO..."[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color]

 

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]"I care not of your coming from the IHO, this is my Academy and I will only allow those in who I deem fit..."[/color]

 

[color=#0000ff;][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"]Okay, what was going on? Was this IHO the International Hydrographic Organization? And what was this lady rambling on about? What made her think she was so important?[/color] Vincent needed to find out more, so he got up from his seat and walked over to the two. "Ma'am," Vincent interjected, unaware that he was about to make a fool of himself, "If you're a representative of the IHO, shouldn't you be touring places that are more suited to your profession? Unless you're from a different IHO than the Hydrographic Organization."[/font]

 

 

[color=#ff8c00;]IC: Misayo[/color]

"Um, er, ah..." Not wanting to embarrass herself and not really desiring social interaction either, Misayo tried to somehow get around the group of people congregating around the fridge. "If I embarrass myself doing this..." Finally, she was able to reach a spot where she was able to reach over Katherine's shoulder, grab a can of pop (she decided that she wasn't hungry after all), and take it from the fridge. Taking a few steps away from the group, she opened the can and took a sip.

 

Unfortunately, she had grabbed the can of blood that Vinnie was mentioning earlier.

 

"...[color=#ff8c00;] Chi no yōna aji (Tastes like blood)," she muttered in confusion.[/color]


  • 0

#175 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 01:03 PM

IC:"I think, Vinnie, that I may have found your partner." With a quiet smile, Alistair extended a hand to Misayo. "Afternoon, miss, I'm Alistair Martin. Judging by your behavior, I'm going to guess that you don't have a partner?""Well, this is Vinnie, and she needs a partner."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#176 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 02:49 PM

IC: Adrian slowly made his way to the central courtyard, an air of exasperation clouding his disposition. Finding a partner was proving harder than he had initially thought. The rather apathetic expression on his face was deflecting traffic that could have been making it's way towards asking him for partnership, and Adrian himself wasn't particularly keen to ask anyone. Granted, he hadn't yet seen anyone he felt was worth asking, but Adrian was fairly sure he wouldn't have asked if he had.

 

That initial interaction always left Adrian feeling awkward.

 

Shuffling along towards one of the reception areas, Adrian took up post against a wall, exasperation peaking quickly.

 

'At this rate, I'll just start asking every other person who walks past.'  Adrian mused, before pushing the idea out of his head. That would be too impersonal. Wouldn't garner any favor towards working together. Argh.


  • 0

artoriassig.jpg

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."


#177 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:00 PM

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Alexander Hawkins // Main Hall[/color][/font]

 

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Eventually, the prophetic idea of a collision came to a heading as Alexander turned the corner of the hallway... and then looked up to step aside just before he hit [/color][/font][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Adrian [/color][/font][color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]as the larger student walked past. Giving some ground, he tried to at least recover some dignity from his abrupt backing away by saying, "Hey..." but stopped at that, not willing to go any further. Oh, there were a few insults, but he wouldn't be the one to say them![/color][/font]

 

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Oh please don't let him get angry or something...[/color][/font]

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Jul 28 2013 - 03:00 PM.

  • 0

#178 Online Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

  • 4,950 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:10 PM

OOC:

IC:

 
Another student had arrived much, much earlier than everyone else. But in his case, it was not out of a desire to get a good seat. It was because he and crowds did not mix at all. Bad things happened.
 
He sat in his seat somewhat anxiously, watching his surroundings. No nearby textbooks... No people to be pushed into... Can't trip when I'm sitting... A small, tiny bit of ceiling fell loose, falling down, down, down. It had been dangling on the brink of falling, and one little push- It barely missed Abraham's head. Karrie swore.
 
 "Gee, thank you. Just what I want to deal with on my very first day. Falling ceiling plaster."
 
Karrie stuck out her tongue at him and drifted down to the seat beside him. "You're getting too good at avoiding me."
 
 "It's a survival tactic." Abraham replied, glancing at the form next to him, unseen by everyone but him. "Because otherwise, I'd be dead or incapacitated by now."
 
"Incapacitated people are no fun, and dead people are the height of boooring. Trust me, I've known a few." She shrugged. "Nah, mild wounding is all you're likely to get."
 
"That's very, very comforting."
 
"You're the one that stuck me here, bucko."
 
 "You're the one that responded to the attempted summon, missy."
 
 "Well, excuuuuuse me. I'm a bad spirit. I like torturing people. I thought you were some crazy person I could torment and then leave. I didn't think you could actually bind me here."
 
"Believe me," Abraham said dryly, rolling his eyes slightly. "It wasn't intentional. And I rather suspect you're inflating your own behavior, because while torment might be an applicable term here, torture is a bit of an exaggeration."
 
Karrie sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I'm a horrible evil spirit."
 
"You must be; you set my Christmas tree on fire."
 
"I take offense at Christmas trees, that wasn't your fault."
 
 "... Why do you take offense at Christmas trees?"
 
"They aren't. Related. To Christmas."
 
"... So you go pyro on them?"
 
 "Yes. Yes I do."
 
"... You're very, very odd, and I realize that saying that to an accidentally summoned ghost is the understatement of the year."
 
"Oh, hush you. You wouldn't know odd if it continually hit you with books and other objects."
 
"Oh wait. It does."
 
Karrie stuck out her tongue again.
 
"If you keep doing that, your face will freeze that way."
 
Karrie didn't move, a panicked look slowly raising in her eyes. "It 'as. IT 'AS"
 
 "I don't believe you."
 
"You're no fun." Karrie scowled. "Wish I had more ceiling plaster."
 
"You'll probably find something to throw at me sooner or later."

 

IC: "Uh, hello," A quiet baritone sounded behind Abraham, along with a steady clopping. He turned to see a young man atop a trundling longhorn. Halting the bull with a tiny tug on the reins, Eduardo Lopez looked down at his fellow Exorcist with query in mind. He had heard that a Summoner would know the method to banish his most feared foe. He had also heard that this man was a Summoner. The two parts of the puzzle completed in his mind, he had resolved to meet this being and attempt to ally with him. He stared off into space in the second before his eyes abruptly locked with the other below. "If you'd be so kind as to give a moment to your opinion: how do you like chupacabras?" 


Edited by Iskandar, Jul 28 2013 - 03:13 PM.

  • 0

#179 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

  • 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:38 PM

[color=#40e0d0;]IC: Vinnie (Cafeteria, Groaning about her Partner)[/color]

 

[color=#40e0d0;]"Did you now?" Vinnie asked, half amused, half bored, she honestly hadn't expected Scholar Boy's attitude to change so rapidly. Looking up, her eyes widened when she saw who Alistair had picked. "Wait, wait, what the heck Scholar Boy, a freaking Kitsune? You know I don't work too well with them, always so stuck up and prideful. Why would you even think that's a good idea." [/color]

 

[color=#40e0d0;]Wait, I said the first one he saw would suffice. **** it, I talk too much.[/color]

 

[color=#40e0d0;]"Ugh fine," Vinnie groaned, resigning herself to her fate, before facing Misayo, "As Scholar Boy stated the name's Vinnie, you're my partner for while we get through this mess, and don't start thinking you're better than me. Got it?"[/color]


  • 0

#180 Online Ehks

Ehks
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

  • 1,581 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:43 PM

IC: Zach

Zach's stomach rumbled. Well, I can't find anyone to work with on an empty stomach. Maybe there's still some good food left...

Zach headed off to the cafeteria, and once there immediately grabbed the first thing of food he found, which was a hamburger.

Better than nothing, I suppose.

Zach ate the burger while standing up, looking for someone to partner up with. Not finding anyone in there, he finished off the burger and went back to the courtyard.  Someone was pacing back and forth, and Zach recognized it as Jeff. Considering the Tournament was going to test as many skills as possible, Zach realized that Jeff probably was the best person to partner up with.

"Hey, Jeff, you got a partner for the Tournament yet?"

Jeff looked up, and said, "I don't need a partner for this. I can do it myself."

"...But you're required to have a partner."

"What? We actually are? I thought we could do this solo..."

"No, you can't. Were you even listening during the assembly?"

"No, why would I?"

Zach sighed. It would be difficult to work with Jeff, but he was better than nothing. And at least Zach knew Jeff somewhat. Not as friends.

"I don't have anyone to work with. And you're the only person I know that hasn't partnered up yet. Just work with me here."

Jeff narrowed his eyes-which Zach couldn't see, since the lenses were tinted-and answered, "Fine. But I lead the team."

"Alright, that's fine with me. So long as you don't get me killed."


  • 0

bzpbanner3.jpg

I used to be 'The X'. Now I'm not.

XBL gamertag: XXaron

BZPRPG characters: Okajo, Xaron/'Stupid slug', Zarok, Kewa, Zolarn, Crasaro, Misanoi, Vanika


#181 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:18 PM

IC 
 
Katherine grabbed Alistair’s arm. She spoke, he voice barely above a whisper. “This is our chance to escape. I think I’ve spotted a few decent lurking corners.” Katherine had heard more than enough during his conversation with Vinnie to know she didn’t want anything to do with her. Ever. Not even if her life depended on it. Well, maybe then, but that was unlikely. 

  • 0
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"
 
-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#182 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:23 PM

IC:"See? You're already getting along swimmingly." Alistair said with amusement, clapping Vinnie on the shoulder. "Seriously; a Kitsune, ability wise, is a good match for your own skill set. You wouldn't work well with someone too calculating, or too cocky. Your style, and your abilities, don't work well with someone like that.""And since I know you have my cell phone number, don't ask me how I know and I won't ask you how you got it, text or call if you find yourself in over your head, or having communications issues. Alright? Alright."

 

He nodded slightly to Katherine, to indicate that he'd heard her. Turning around, he raised a hand as if to say goodbye, and stepped deeper into the cafeteria. Venator Academy's cafeteria is very, very different from the setup common to schools around the world. Most schools have a single lunch line, and students can pick what they want as they go along, add it to their tray, and proceed to pay for their lunch and sit down. In Venator, it was more like a buffet restaurant. Meals were paid for with the tuition, so there was no checkout station. And due to the many, many nationalities and species that inhabited the school, there could be no single line. Alistair stepped up to one of the counters and silently indicated that he wanted what was being served there, and moments later, placed a plate of mashed potatoes and sausage on his tray to accompany the soda already present.Head swiveling to make sure that Katherine was still nearby, he proceeded to head towards an empty table.

 

IC:

 

"Hmm?"Abraham said, turning rapidly in his seat, and raising an eyebrow at the man behind him. "Pardon, did you say "chupacabra"?"


Edited by The Snark Knight, Jul 28 2013 - 04:24 PM.

  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#183 Online Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

  • 4,950 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:27 PM

IC: "Indeed," Ed stated. He blinked. "...Right. I didn't introduce myself...Name is Eduardo Lopez...But anyway, how do you like dem apples?"


  • 0

#184 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:34 PM

IC:"I've never encountered one personally, so I can't speak with any real experience, but I know that they're one of the more strange creatures out there."


Edited by The Snark Knight, Jul 28 2013 - 04:39 PM.

  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#185 Online Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

  • 4,950 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:37 PM

IC: ...

 

"Passable. How about an alliance?"


  • 0

#186 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:40 PM

IC:"Works for me. I need a partner for the tournament anyway."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#187 Online Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

  • 4,950 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:41 PM

IC: "A'ight. Gimme all the chupacabras and we'll be good."


  • 0

#188 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:44 PM

IC (Katherine)
 
Still slightly perturbed by the fact she was holding a can full of blood, followed Alistair to the table and took a seat across from him. “So, when, exactly, will the culture shock wear off? High School wasn’t exactly the best time of my life and I’m….really not looking forward to repeating it.” She smiled slightly, reflecting that, at least this time around, she had a height advantage over any would-be antagonists. Likely an advantage in strength as well….after all, she doubted most students here had parents who kept trainers from a PMC on retainer. 

Edited by Basilisk, Jul 28 2013 - 05:04 PM.

  • 0
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"
 
-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#189 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:54 PM

IC:"Probably around the same time you grow a sense of humor." Alistair said, needling his partner with an amused smile. "In all seriousness, not really sure. It took me until my second year to loosen up a bit, but that time is highly variable. It's less something you get used to, and more something you have to adapt to or you find yourself the target of every prankster around, including but not limited to, being dumped in the lake.""I speak from experience."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#190 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 05:11 PM

 IC (Katherine)
 
In her best impression of a certain Sith Lord’s voice, Katherine replied. “Humor is for the weak.” With some slight hesitation, she took a small sip from the can. Her face wrinkled a bit. “That is going to take some getting used to.” Katherine sighed. “I can’t imagine I’ll get along well with other nobles.” Especially if there were any hailing from that clan BlackWatch had fought. That’d be unpleasant. 

  • 0
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"
 
-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#191 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 05:16 PM

[color=#ff8c00;]IC: Misayo[/color]

[color=#ff8c00;]Misayo looked up from her can to look at the person talking to her. She looked at the girl, trying to identify her species. Finally, she muttered "Kerupī?" Once she had the Noble's identity down, she gave a customary bow. "Hajimemashite," she greeted formally. "My name is Misayo Takara; pleasure to meet you." Note that she only said that due to the fact that seemed to be the polite response; in reality, she still needed to size up this person and see what they were like. "I'm a first year student here, so I'm not really familiar with the going abouts of the school. Would you be so kind as to... help me with it...?" Misayo suddenly realized what she was saying, and was starting to not like it. "Swallow your pride for now," she reprimanded herself in her head. "An introduction to the school from a student would be extremely beneficial."[/color]


  • 0

#192 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 05:28 PM

IC: Adrian raised an eyebrow at the student now backing away in a somehow prideful manner. And then decided enough was enough.

 

'Well then... Not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Plan A it is.'

 

Eyes locking onto Alexander's with intent, Adrian took a breath, then asked "Hey... Listen, are you looking for a partner for this tournament thing?"


  • 0

artoriassig.jpg

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."


#193 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 05:54 PM

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Alexander Hawkins // Main Hall[/color][/font]

 

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"Uhh..." he said, somewhat stunned by the approach. He sized up the person before him. He dwarfed him by almost a foot, but combining that with broadness, Adrian was nearly twice his size. Which would be quite excellent if he ran into a demon or whatever. Probably a Hunter though... still, a shield... err, partner... is a partner. Is a shield.[/color][/font]

 

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]After a few seconds of those thoughts flying through his head, his trailing word carried on to a, "... sure? Just who are you, though?"[/color][/font]

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#194 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 05:56 PM

IC: "Zhuang"

 

"You misunderstand me. I am simply leaving for the Church. There are other matters that interest me there."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#195 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 06:07 PM

[color=#0000ff;]IC: Vincent (Misinformed and confused)[/color]

[color=#0000ff;]"Um, okay," Vincent said to Zhuang, trying to sort out what was going on. "You came here to take a look at the building for a minute, and then you leave. It's like knock knock ginger, except you actually bothered to greet the doorman before leaving." Vincent looked over to Headmaster Arnold, who seemed to be getting frustrated. "Sir, may I inquire as to what is going on?[/color]


  • 0

#196 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 06:10 PM

IC: "Zhuang"

 

"He doesn't like the fact that I'm very private."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#197 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 06:17 PM

IC:"Or, humor is for those strong enough not to have to take everything dead seriously." Alistair replied, smile widening slightly. Without glancing down, he started slicing his sausage into bite-sized portions. "As for not getting along with the other Nobles... Well, I didn't think any would get along with me. But somehow, I'm still here."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#198 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 06:19 PM

[color=#0000ff;]IC: Vincent[/color]

[color=#0000ff;]"Well, he may be worried that you're not who you claim to be-like say, a member of the CIA or of MI6, or maybe even a malicious group of Nobles. He's asking about you for security reasons. Right Mr. Sheppard?" Vincent recalled the times when Agnes would tell him about her family; apparently her brother-or was it uncle? Or cousin? Anyway, somebody in her family was a sleeper agent for the CIA inside the KGB during the Cold War and they didn't end well. "Besides, you just walked up to the door and rang the bell. Normal applicants get their letters through the mail. It's like in Japan where if you're attending one school and you're on the grounds of another institution, you get in trouble-or at least that's what I think from when Agnes made me watch some Haruhi Suzumiya movie...[/color]"


  • 0

#199 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 06:25 PM

IC: "Zhuang"

 

"All my public information is on the Internet. I have a Myspace."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#200 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 06:35 PM

[color=#0000ff;]IC: Vincent[/color]

[color=#0000ff;]"I've seen people put bogus information on social networking sites."[/color]


  • 0




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users