• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Epilogue

Epilogue RPG

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#281 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 08:37 AM

OOC: I apologize for typos and otherwise glaring errors, I'm still somewhat tired. Why I choose to write important stuff early in the morning is beyond me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is time skipped roughly two days ahead to the Tournament. 

IC: The Beginning of the Tournament

The stage was set and so a nervous sense of anticipation and foreboding hung in the air. Nearly every dueling arena was booked with people wishing to see that match. Those with no desire to watch but a single match were crowding about inside the cafeteria and quite a few of the classrooms. Basically any place a T.V. had been set up. Then there were those who were taking the time to train, to ready themselves for the upcoming games.

Regardless of every single person not currently in an arena now was relieved, for they were not the first, which meant they had a chance of going tomorrow, the middle day of the three, giving them a decent chance to learn how the game works. Of course going on the last day could be just as bad, by that point Sheppard was generally bored, making him notorious for throwing in a little something extra to spice things up.

Regardless, relief was not a common sign amongst those waiting in the special rooms connected to each dueling arena.  Every team had a small room to themselves for now, making up a total of five for each arena. Some of the students were nervously pacing around; anticipation brewing at just what the headmaster was planning.

Others were plotting their next move, fabricating how not knowing the rules could benefit them. They knew everyone else would also be unfamiliar with the upcoming game, so as long as they could ingrain them in their heads the moment they were revealed, they hoped to gain a lead. Still others were merely sleeping, about be rudely awoken by an incoming announcement.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! And others should you not be inclined to a particular gender.” Sheppard’s voice boomed over intercoms all throughout the school, including the rooms of each team currently participating. Sheppard himself stood in the Arena Complex as before, his likeness being broadcast over all the televisions currently streaming the events.

“I welcome you to the 54th Annual Tournament of Tests!” Sheppard threw his arms into the air, showing his love for theatrics once more. Quite a few students were swept in alongside him and let out a large cheer, whilst others were far too nervous or stressed to be bothered with joining in.

“Now at this point you should all have chosen your partners, and those that didn’t should be aware of the partner I have assigned to them, I hope you enjoy some of my choices,” There were quite a few students who exchanged glares with one another, it was evident they were not, in fact, pleased with Sheppard’s decision.

“Of course that’s all the boring technically stuff, let’s get on with the actual fun, you all know what I’m talking about, its time I revealed the first game!” Quite a few more people were cheering now, the games were what everyone had come for, and even those not interested in cheering before, perked their heads up. After all, any information Sheppard chose to reveal about the games always proved extremely valuable.  

“This round’s event is Pin the Tail on the Donkey!”

Many of the new students looked at one another in confusion. Wasn’t that a children’s game, was this really the tournament everyone was talking about with such excitement? The older students however just smiled, they knew Sheppard could easily twist a simple child’s game into one worthy of the tournament.

“The rules are simple,” Sheppard began, causing many students to groan, the rules were never simple, “On each team, one of you will be the Donkey and one of you will be the Tail. Your Tail will have a set of pins, which can be found behind the picture frame in each of your rooms. Your goal, pin the other Donkeys and don’t get pinned. One pin at a time, before you can pin that Donkey again, you need to pin another Donkey first. Oh and one more thing Donkeys aren’t allowed to fight back.”

Sheppard smiled, “Now I’m sure there’s something else I was supposed to tell you, but it’s slipping my mind. Well I’m sure you’ll all figure it on your own. You should be just fine.” Nervous glances were soon shot between the teams currently waiting to enter the field; this was the problem with being the first team to start, for there were always hidden rules that one would have to puzzle out during the game, one of the main things that gave later teams such an advantage.

“So, how does thirty seconds to bicker amongst yourselves about who gets what role sound?” Sheppard asked, but continued on without a chance for disagreement, “I think it sounds pretty fair. So starting now that’s how much time you have, any team that takes longer will receive a penalty, oh and once you step into the arena you can’t change your mind.”

“So without further ado, let us commence!”

The televisions showing Sheppard flickered out, before each showing one of the many arenas. This, of course, drove everyone crazy, either with stress or excitement, for the first game was about to begin.

OOC: Alright, this marks the start of the first day of games, those of you listed in first two lines of this bracket list are competing:

Alistair - Katherine and Adrian - Alexander

Dante - Shanon and Agnes - Brennus

Misayo - Vinnie and Brianna-Karen

Eduardo - Abraham and Tim - Septimus

Ren - Soma and Kyle-Vincent

Bart-???/NPC and Zach-Jeff

Please don’t take any longer than three or four posts to decide who plays the Donkey and who is the Tail, we do need to get a move on after all. =P Please that there are five teams in each match, two PCs three NPCs. I will post when each match ends, and yes there is a goal one has to reach to end the game, Sheppard just kept that a secret.

As far as each arena goes, take the infield of a baseball field, now make that quarter circle into a full circle and you’ll have the basic size of the arena. There are no obstacles in this game, so the entire field is just dusty ground. Feel free to use the loose dust to your advantage. Once the two matches end I will start the next day up. If it appears that the day is dragging on longer than expected, I will either lower the winning limit, or start up a new day simultaneously.

I trust you all to treat the NPC teams with respect and realize that many of them are probably on your level. If I see teams brushing them aside, I will play as them. Weapons are allowed this match, but blanks are fired instead of live rounds, Students have also undergone temporary magical enchantments to protect against direct hits.  Getting hit will still hurt like heck, but you won’t die. This is in addition to any other enhancements students may have. As for magical fire and the like, you won’t get burned or anything, but it’ll still feel like it. Do note that this same concept applies to the entirety of these enhancements, you’ll feel the same pain you normally would, but it won’t cut through you or anything.

Edited by Toa Onarax, Jul 31 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#282 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 10:03 AM

[color=#000080;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Brennus Cynbel[/color][/font]

[color=#000080;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]The Idol sat and thought on that for a moment, before saying quite simply (in telepathy directed only to Agnes), "This game requires speed and strategy. I'm not sure how well I can perform with either. My speed is... limited, to say the least. I will not be quick to catch others as the pin. If I cannot fight back, however, I will lose the game for us as the donkey. Still..."[/color][/font]

[color=#000080;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]He pondered a moment. "Nothing says that the pin cannot fight back... or defend the donkey, once the time comes. I may have a strategy, but it will require persistence, and luck dependent on who we compete with."[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Alexander Hawkins[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"Really wish I could have gotten more sleep last night... as if they'll ever happen." he said bitterly. "You might want to take the pin on this one. Running is one of the few things that I can do in the physical department."[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]He recalled a somewhat traumatizing childhood memory involving his older brothers, a biology textbook, and the neighbor's demon possessed cat Mr. Flufflemuffins.[/color][/font]

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#283 Online Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,236 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 10:55 AM

IC Agnes"Huh?""... I don't get it."

#284 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 11:20 AM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante (Waking up in the Room)[/color]

[color=#800080;]Dante yawned, one of the students Sheppard had so rudely woken up with his loud mouth had been Dante. The Italian was quick to fall asleep during the boredom of waiting in the Room, much to his partner's chagrin. Well maybe not, Dante had found it was difficult to tell with her. However looks were somewhat deceiving, while Dante still appeared to be extremely sleepy during Sheppard's speech, well in many regards he was, he was fully invested in the headmaster's words. Dante had made sure to listen to everything, trying to formulate some plan of attack. [/color]

[color=#800080;]Suppose I should have talked more to Shanon about her skills, regardless I might be fast enough to be useful as Donkey, no fighting doesn't really cause me any problems. Still probably should ask for her opinion. "So um," Dante began, he could never tell whether Shanon was listening to him or not, "Donkey or Tail?" [/color]

Edited by Toa Onarax, Jul 31 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#285 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 11:23 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]IC [Shanon]:[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]"I think I'll go for the tail."[/font]

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#286 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 11:40 AM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante (Room, Heading Towards Dueling Arena)[/color]

[color=#800080;]"Well um, okay," Dante replied somewhat surprised by the abruptness of Shanon's response. "So guess we should make our way out then," Dante stated, despite already making his way out. Welp here goes nothing, hopefully she has better luck than I do.[/color]

#287 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 12:00 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,128);]IC: Brennus Cynbel[/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,128);]"Two options, now that I think on it."[/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,128);]"The first would be putting you as the donkey. You could give them the run-around, leaving me to catch them - and once they're caught, they're caught. The down side is, I lack in speed. Therefore, I would simply need to keep hounding after them until they were too tired to run any further. Humans and most nobles suffer from tiring; I do not. Once things reached the final marks or you tired, you would simply need to come near me; any who try coming near enough to pin you I could easily stop. With my fists."[/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,128);]"The second should have been more apparent to me sooner, in which the roles are switched. You put your speed to use as the tail, while I act as the donkey and perhaps provide some slight support if possible. To be frank - a pin cannot be pinned onto me like on a normal person. Therefore, you are free to hunt them until the end of the game without any fear of the donkey being pinned."[/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,128);]"Perhaps you may have thought of a few more, but those are more obvious ones. You seem to have more experience dealing with people, so you would be the best to judge our chosen course of action."[/color][/font]

#288 Offline Promised Land

Promised Land
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 437 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 12:27 PM

IC: Brianna was already brainstorming ideas in one of the lounges even as Sheppard finished his announcements. Her match was not until tomorrow, so she and Karen had some time to prepare before then. Turning to her partner, she asked, "So before we do anything else, let's figure out what our skills are. I'm pretty good with a gun and I know some alchemy. How about you?"

#289 Online Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,236 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 01:04 PM

IC Agnes"So it's more like tag than 'pin the tail'? I'm still not really sure what's going on. I think me being the donkey would be better, if I know what's going on..."

#290 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 03:02 PM

[color=#000080;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Brennus Cynbel[/color][/font]

[color=#000080;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"Very well, then that is how we shall go about this. We should be off to the arena immediately, then."[/color][/font]

#291 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 05:28 PM

IC: "I'm fast," Karen said vaguely, "And pretty strong."

That sounded so lame in comparison. Brianna had some actual skills that she'd learned and practised. She could just hit things harder because she'd been born that way. Ah well, it was bound to come in useful somehow. If they got another of these tail-pinning tests she could at least out-run their opponents

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#292 Offline Promised Land

Promised Land
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 437 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 07:13 PM

IC: "Ok," Brianna nodded as she scratched her chin thoughtfully, "Sounds like you'd have an easier time getting away from most people with a pin, so you'll probably be better off as the tail. That sound good?"

#293 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 07:59 PM

IC: "You mean the donkey. Its the donkey that has to avoid being pinned, its the tail that does the chasing," Karen said, helpfully

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#294 Offline Promised Land

Promised Land
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 437 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 08:07 PM

IC: "Just testin' yah," Brianna grinned, "Now, if we've got our roles settled, we'd best pay attention to the matches to see just how they're gonna work. And afterwards, we'll be talking strategy."

#295 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 09:38 PM

IC: "Either role works for me. We'll go with whatever you're more comfortable with."

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#296 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2013 - 08:05 PM

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]IC: Alexander Hawkins[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"... I think I'll go with donkey. I can't exactly tackle someone and pin them, but I can keep running. Just don't take too long with pinning them all, yeah.... please?"[/color][/font]

#297 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

• Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2013 - 04:16 AM

IC: "Sounds like a plan. Let's get ready." Adrian replied, fist impacting against his cupped palm softly.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#298 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2013 - 05:33 AM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante (Entering Dueling Arena)[/color]

[color=#800080;]"Well here goes nothing," Dante shrugged as he stepped into the arena. Wonder how long till we start, Dante began to wonder, only to have his thoughts interrupted by a spear impaling itself in the wall right above his head. All Dante could do was groan, guess we're starting immediately, ugh, the school better not have been lying about the whole protection nonsense. [/color]

[color=#800080;]Glancing over to his partner, Dante asked a simple question, "Ready?"[/color]

#299 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2013 - 10:49 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=rgb(0,100,0);]IC: Alexander Hawkins[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Alexander nodded, and headed off to the dueling arena with Adrian.[/color][/font]

#300 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 03:27 PM

OOC: Hmm, what to do while waiting for this duel to start...

IC: Karen took a seat, wrapping a slice of pizza in on itself so it resembled a calzone.

"So who are we supposed to be up against?" she asked her new partner, "Do you know them?"

#301 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 06:43 PM

IC:Looking almost bored, Alistair stepped onto the playing field.His partner was nowhere to be seen, but he wasn't surprised. Katherine had elected to depart the school only a short time before the tournament, and he hadn't had time to find out who his new partner was. Nor had he had a hand in their choosing.A single sword was sheathed on his left side, and a shield was held in his left hand. For all the world, he looked like the least imposing player on the field. In the back of his mind, he had a feeling that Vinnie was running her betting pool. And the bets most likely weren't on him.Shame. He should have inquired about making a wager himself.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#302 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Corruption

• 18,307 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 06:55 PM

IC: Yoikei"All hail the spaghetti sultan, hallowed be his name."Standing behind Al was a rather ... Pink spaceman.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#303 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 07:06 PM

IC:

"...""I don't want to know. At all. You alright with being the donkey?"

Posted Image

#304 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Corruption

• 18,307 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 12:12 AM

IC: Yoikei"Mules are nasty creatures. Need to work on making them fertile."

#305 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 12:21 AM

IC:"... I'm just going to take that as a sign of acceptance. Try not to get pinned."

Posted Image

#306 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 12:48 AM

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Alexander arrived in the dueling arena a little ahead of his partner due to some difficulties involving the retrieval of the nails, looking across the field at the other competitors... including... what...?[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Oh, and that guy who gave the preliminary speech to the...[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]...[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Why did it have to be pink?[/color][/font]

#307 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Corruption

• 18,307 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 02:06 AM

IC: Yoikei

"Should nerf swords. DPS is too high."

#308 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

• Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 11:58 AM

IC: Adrian finally stepped into the arena, after much frustration attempting to retrieve the nails. He stopped cold for a moment after being struck by the strong contrast between his opponents in every sense of the term, but shook it off and ambled up next to Alexander in short order.

"You ready?"

#309 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,879 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 02:33 PM

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"As ready as I'll ever be. Just... well, I really hope the pink one is the donkey. I'd never be able to live down getting pinned by that... well, actually, I don't plan on getting pinned at all, really. Just stick 'em, huh?"[/color][/font]

[color=#006400;][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]His tone of voice and fidgeting manner indicated just how nervous he was about the situation.[/color][/font]

#310 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 02:45 PM

IC:

"These dual identitiesThey struggle for control.Two personalitiesInhabiting one soul!

It's not a match you're in, 

It's much more like a braw-""Shut up Yami." The teenager muttered, clicking off her iPod, a look of tired annoyance briefly passing across her face. Plucking the earbuds from her ears, she stuffed the music player into the pocket of the bag next to her, and sighed. It wasn't very big, about average size for a suitcase. Her parents had sent most of her belongings ahead of her, knowing that she'd be late to arrive, so this was just the bag containing the items she didn't want to send ahead. Or that she knew she would need on the trip. Things like a week's worth of clothes, her iPod, her tablet, Tylenol, toothbrush. Oh, and her laptop.

Unfortunately, all of that added up in weight. Steeling herself with another deep breath, Annabeth grabbed the handles with both hands and lifted the case off of the ground as she hurriedly made her way towards the school. She made it roughly fifteen yards before she had to stop and catch her breath, face quickly reddening from exertion. "Darnit, Annabeth. The case only weighs what, thirty pounds? What are you do-" 

Her next words caught in her throat as her legs suddenly buckled, and she sat down heavily, resting against the case. After a brief moment of surprise, she started forcing herself to take long, deep breaths. It was only a minor one, should be done soon....Hopefully.OOC:Well, I know there are a bunch of people with nothing to do due to not being involved in this round of the tournament, so..... Annabeth open for interaction. :P[color=#ffffff;]And I apologize for horribly butchering the lyrics of "Your Move" to fit my purposes.[/color]

Edited by The Snark Knight, Aug 07 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

#311 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,046 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 04:08 PM

[color=#8b4513;]Tim Harken- Front Entrance[/color]

IC: [color=#8b4513;]The senior was currently a bit late. A new student was arriving at the school and Tim had been asked by one of the faculty to meet them and show them around the campus. Apparently the newcomer had some sort of health problem that had made teaching them at home difficult. According to the teacher who had asked him, the girl was also extremely shy, it having been decided that Tim's natural friendliness would help her feel more at ease in her new environment.[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]As he opened the door of the main entrance, he caught sight of  a long haired girl with a rather large case all but collapsing. Sprinting down the path  he mentally berated himself for losing track of time talking with his new partner.[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]Reaching the girl, who was now taking in deep breaths, he crouched down next to her and spoke.[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]"Are you alright?"[/color]

Edited by Silvan Haven, Aug 07 2013 - 04:12 PM.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#312 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 04:14 PM

IC:So immersed in the regulation of her own breathing, Annabeth hadn't noticed Tim's approach. In fact, she didn't notice until she spoke. The instant the words came out of her mouth, she all but flinched, her whipping around to face him."Um, I'm fine, really..."

Posted Image

#313 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members

• 1,046 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 04:29 PM

[color=#8b4513;]Tim Harken- Main Entrance[/color]

IC: [color=#8b4513;]"Well that's good to hear"[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]There was a minute of slightly awkward silence before Tim spoke again.[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]"Well, I'm Tim Harken and I was asked to show you around the place and help you settle in. That bag looks pretty heavy, would you like some help carrying it?"[/color]

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#314 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 04:34 PM

IC:"Um, no, I've got it..."After the briefest of pauses, Annabeth took a deep breath and started pushing herself to her feet, using the suitcase behind her for support. Her legs shook as she stood, though they slowly stabilized as she reached her full height. Taking another deep breath, she gripped the handle with both hands, but stopped short before she picked it up."Oh, I'm sorry... I'm Annabeth Cross."

Posted Image

#315 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members

• 1,046 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 10:15 PM

[color=#8b4513;]Tim Harken[/color]

IC:[color=#8b4513;] "Well then, welcome to Venator Academy Annabeth. I hope you enjoy your stay here." Standing up he gestured to the dorm buildings to the north.[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]"Why don't I show you where you will be staying. I won't be able to go into the building with you but you can get a map and directions at the front desk."[/color]

#316 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 10:24 PM

IC:"Um, you don't need to do that... I'm sure I can figure out where I'm going just fine... I mean, worst comes to worst, I wander around until I find a sign that shows what direction to go in..."

The reply, when it came, was incredibly quiet, intermittent pauses indicating where she stopped to figure out just what to say. Her gaze, after the initial confirmation of Tim's identity, was directed quite squarely at the ground. Well, not just the ground. Really anywhere that wasn't who she was talking to. Without waiting for a response, she gritted her teeth and picked up her back, attempting to continue her course. Her muscles were tense and her pace was slow, as each step seemed to be a chore and a challenge.But even beyond that, when she picked up her bag, her sleeve lifted slightly, revealing the bottom edge of some kind of metal object near her right wrist.

Posted Image

#317 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members

• 1,046 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 09:20 PM

[color=#8b4513;]Tim Harken- Front Doors[/color]

IC: [color=#8b4513;]"I can hardly just leave you to wander around the campus wondering where to go. I'm your guide for the present."[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]Noticing how Annabeth seemed to be struggling with the bag Tim once a gain asked.[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]"Are you sure you don't want me to carry that for you? If nothing else it would at least get me out of your hair quicker"[/color]

#318 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 09:50 PM

IC:"I've got it, I'm here to learn. If I'm too much of an invalid to carry my own bag, I should drop out now."After a brief pause, Annabeth spoke again hurriedly, as if to try and cover up the brief bitterness that had been injected into her speech. "Alright, I honestly have no idea where I'm going... The papers I was given said to go to the female "N" dorm. I don't know where that is, or what "N" means in this case."

Posted Image

#319 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members

• 1,046 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 10:25 PM

Tim Harken

IC: The teacher had warned him that she was said to be a bit touchy.

"It's not that, that bag just looks crazy heavy." He paused for a moment, thinking about what she said. "Well, the N could stand for the "Northern Dorms", but since that happens to be the only set of dorms on the campus it probably refers to something more specific. It could also stand for the "Noble" section of the dorms."

Since it seemed that she had not been filled in how thing things worked Tim decided to explain.

"The dorms are split up into four sections. First as male and female and then Human and Noble. I would guess you are being put into the female Noble section. I hear that when one section is already full they sometimes send a new student to the other section for their gender."

#320 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 10:31 PM

IC:For the first time since they started speaking, Annabeth paused. Her expression shifted, looking almost thoughtful, but ultimately it was unreadable. With a heave, she lifted the bag and started walking again, forcing her muscles to obey her will."I suppose that's fitting."

Edited by The Snark Knight, Aug 08 2013 - 10:33 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users