• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Toa Macku (1st edition)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline VBBN

VBBN
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 29-January 06
  • 1,849 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 09:38 AM

MOC related to my story, but I have a feeling 90% of you will see this as hahli because of the mask. (I lost Macku's actual mask...gonna need to hit up Bricklink for that...) I know I said "1st edition" in the title. I like it better than saying WIP, it goes hand in hand with how I did Tyrant/Chaos, after a while there was a new version, but in the end it's a totally different feel. And that's how I'm going to treat Macku here. There are a few things I want to work on, namely the color scheme, though she does use a lot of technic bits that are hard to match in the right shade of blue. Ideally I'd like to obtain more mata blue sockets and bits to fix her thighs, get her a new mask, and find a better option for her lower arms. (Yeah they have a gap but that's for articulation...my issue is that they are too long. partly in fault to the upper arms, too.) Link Link Link Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Articulation is nothing crazy, though since I was creating a custom torso for her I wanted to give a "unique" point of articulation. I was going to give a inward/outward shoulder movement, but it would be very hard to incorporate given what parts I have, so I went with a back arch. (removed her arms so you can see it in action) I also used the highest friction pins I could find, so it doesn't flop around everywhere, it actually takes a bit of force to move it back, but not too much. Also her stomach armor is locked in place until you bend it back, then it somewhat falls into place when you do bend her. There's a bit of a gap under her chest when you do this, but, that's to be worked on. Well, at least now she can limbo. Link"Please help" Link Pictured below is how I prefer to display her, without the shoulder armor. I know a lot of people would flip chips if I didn't give her any, so I did, but in the end this is how she will be on my display. Link   To finish up I will talk a slight bit about one of my purposes to building this; It's no surprise that Hero Factory MOCs are taking over. I have also been out of the MOCing game for quite a while now, the only thing I've done as of late was Chaos/Tyrant, but in the end, he's just an over-complicated hero factory build. He lacks that feeling of ingenuity, and will always have that look of "Yeah, I'm a ball and socket monster. Rawr" I really do miss the art of Bionicle, the complicated look, the builds, it's just something that struck home to me. For now, I'm going to separate myself from Hero Factory and go back to what I liked best. Yeah, this figure is not the greatest, and as I type this I'm already thinking of ways to change it. Those who know me, know that I always listen to the criticism that others give, and I do what I can to create something that satisfies many. my latest MOC was a huge change, and I have already begun changing Chaos around to math the new criticisms that were given throughout the board, flickr, and other forums that I have shared it with.  For Macku, this is the start of my story MOCs. In my story, she became a Toa, and is in a relationship with Hewkii. Yeah, it's bionicle, yeah it's a relationship, it's my story and that's how I want it to be. But I wanted Macku to evoke power, to have a sense of toughness, displayed in a more feminine build. I think we all know the debate over "if female bionicle/Hero Factory should have feminine features" Personally, I think a female should look different, especially in the way they move, but physically it doesn't have to be crazy. Here, I did overdo the features slightly, (but really this is the best possible armor setup I found with my torso design...) I've done slight changes that I think showcase a more female-friendly design, such as turning the Hordika necks down to create a softer angle f the shoulders(that's why I like her without the armor) and putting a 1x3 pearl light gray technic beam underneath each of her feet to create a slight "arch" But with the shoulder armor and the rough technic build, it balances it out to me.  But that's all opinion.  Anyway, expect a lot more Bionicle themed MOCs to come from me in the coming months, and do share your criticisms. (legs and color scheme. I know that's what people will say. I'm workin on it :laugh: )

[color=#b22222;]Edit: The larger images exceed 100 kB by a fair margin, so I had to link them. Please keep posted images in BBC to 640x640 pixels and 100 kB![/color]

[color=#b22222;]-Wind-[/color]

Edited by -Windrider-, Jul 24 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#2 Offline Sir Guurahk The Third

Sir Guurahk The Third
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 13-December 11
  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 02:16 PM

Great MOC! The color scheme is OK, doesn't need any changes, in my opinion. The mask is the only thing that you've gotta change. Good luck finding one. :D

(or maybe get a great Huna and spray-paint it blue. That'd be awesome.)

-G u u R a h K

#3 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:58 AM

(or maybe get a great Huna and spray-paint it blue. That'd be awesome.)

[color=#ff0000;]That would look so cool.....[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]I can't help, but like the little detail you added on the bottom of the feat to act as heels.  Nice touch[/color]

#4 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,053 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 11:12 AM

Nice build overall. I think the Kaukau looks better than a Huna would, though of course I don't have the MOC on hand to try it out...

It's no surprise that Hero Factory MOCs are taking over.

That statement applies to Eurobricks, maybe, but certainly not here. :lol:

15808388115_8c1c60dd46_m.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users