• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

2 Pakari designs?

pakari mnog

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Toa Talo

Toa Talo
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 50 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 01:26 PM

I was randomly looking at matoran on Biosector01 when I saw that Midak's pakari looked different then other pakari masks so I checked other matoran, Nuparu had the normal pakari like the one Onua mata had but Nixie also had the same pakari design as Midak atleast in mnog 1. Is there a cause for this difference?

wearewaiting.gif

I am Talo last of the toa of the lost  element of AWESOME.

#2 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 01:36 PM

That is just the result of Templar changing their art style to better reflect how the Kanohi appeared in sets. This change took place when they were animating the Bohrok animations, which is why in the first episode Pakari were drawn the MNOLG way and in the second episode they were drawn the MNOLG2 way. In-story, there is no difference between the two designs.

#3 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 01:42 PM

I always wanted to make a custom Pakari to reflect Templar's initial design. But yeah, as Infrared said, Templar just changed their art style. No storyline significance at all.

#4 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 02:07 PM

It would've been awesome to have at least a few of the Templar-stylized ones. :-/

-G u u R a h K

#5 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,882 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 02:09 PM

Also, Templar originally confused the Great Pakari for the Noble Ruru on several occasions (on Matoran), so a number of Matoran appear to have a Pakari in MNOG1 but have a Ruru in MNOG2 and in set form, like Hafu:

http://biosector01.c...php/Hafu#Trivia

Apparently in some cases this actually did have storyline significance:

http://biosector01.c...#Mask_and_Tools

I think BS01 is judging by the sets there; Kapura's Metru form is known, and had a Pakari, so they go with the MNOG Pakari being accurate, then lost at the start of the Bohrok War somehow (or replaced in general). But Hafu's 2001 set had a Ruru, so MNOG's portrayal is simply wrong (plus with the Pakari he looks almost identical to Taipu, minus eye color). Since Greg said the sets (or what they represent) are most canon.

You should be able to tell which route is used in each case by consulting their BS01 pages. :) I haven't checked every single one, though.

#6 Offline Toa Talo

Toa Talo
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 50 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for clearing this up.

wearewaiting.gif

I am Talo last of the toa of the lost  element of AWESOME.

#7 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 06:32 PM

I always wanted to make a custom Pakari to reflect Templar's initial design. But yeah, as Infrared said, Templar just changed their art style. No storyline significance at all.

[color=#ff0000;]I second this explanation.  Just two MNOG designs.[/color]

#8 Offline Ahi

Ahi
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 12 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2013 - 01:49 PM

Wait, THAT was a Pakari? I always wondered what that mask was... 

#9 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,882 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 12:25 PM

Wait, THAT was a Pakari? I always wondered what that mask was... 

Technically it was "half Pakari, half Noble Ruru." If you notice, the parts of the Pakari's texture they kept are nearly identical to the texture on the Ruru. But the outline is clearly Pakari so most people just call it that.

#10 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 09:21 AM

Some masks can be custom designed. The Toa Hagah's masks are examples.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#11 Offline Tanu Toa of Earth

Tanu Toa of Earth
  • Members
  • Toa

• 146 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 09:42 PM

Some masks can be custom designed. The Toa Hagah's masks are examples.

Yes, but this would be more of a Lhikan's-Hau-Mold example than a Norik's-Pehkui (etc.) one, as that mask isn't an exact copy of another type (in which case we wouldn't know anyway without the telltale powers). Doesn't matter, though, since this is just a design error. Canonically, they have either a standard-mold Great-shaped Pakari or Noble-shaped Ruru.

Posted Image

#12 Offline Toa Of Anarchy

Toa Of Anarchy
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 330 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2013 - 07:02 PM

I think that it was a change by the game designers, and for the better I think. I also noticed that it changed between episode 1 and episode 2 of the Bohrok Chronicles. Hope that helps :)

"The invasion of the universe core is proceeding well, my newest creations are spreading darkness and corruption, and in general, it is good to be alive."
— Mutran, The Mutran Chronicles

"And you still haven't answered any of my one-hundred ten questions, or my follow ups."
— Vezon to Trinuma, Destiny War

"Another Hafu original!"
— Hafu, Mata Nui Online Game 

The biggest sacrifice in bionicle. Its a tie between Matoro giving up his life to save the universe and Hafu knocking down his beloved pieces of nostalgia to save Po-Koro.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users