• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Boy Scout 2013 Jamboree

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 05-December 10
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 11:04 PM

Just got back from boy scouts 2013 jambo, and I gotta ask, did anyone else go? If so, favorite things? what was your campsite? etc. Discuss! 

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#2 Offline Doorman

Doorman
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-October 11
  • 663 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 11:15 PM

My uncle went. He said (in a letter, of course) that he had traded some patches for a glorious Doctor Who patch. when he gets home, i'm slapping him for not getting me one C: if you did happen to see a guy with a blue, largish Yo-Yo, that was him.

2qt8uwy.jpg

Here's a webcomic you might want to check out.

Like a cross between X-men and ghostbusters.

Except everyone is 12.

I played Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. PM me if you do as well!

#3 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 06-March 08
  • 3,140 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 07:48 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]Didn't get to go this year, but knew about half a dozen people who did. [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]I'm going to try next time, in Venturing. As I'll age out of the BSA by then.[/color]

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

Want a clan of horse-riding Bio-Nomads? PM me to get your Taajar clan approved!  

#4 Offline Queen Anora Mac Tir

Queen Anora Mac Tir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 23-December 05
  • 9,436 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 10 2013 - 11:20 PM

I was offered to be on OA or subcamp staff but turned it down due to costs. I also couldn't go as a Venturer because I turned 21 during the event, so it would have been tricky; plus, costs.

I did watch as many a friend relayed experiences over Facebook, so I was there in spirit!

#5 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members

• 06-March 08
  • 3,140 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 05:25 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]My camp director offered a discount for staffers like myself, due to venture slots being open. But familial troubles got in the way, and the $1500 wouldn't have been available.[/color]

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

#6 Offline Queen Anora Mac Tir

Queen Anora Mac Tir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 23-December 05
  • 9,436 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 05:35 PM

Psst. Venturing has Venturers. : P [/petpeeve]

And you were a camp staffer this year? Cool! I was on camp staff for five years; this was my first summer since 2008 that I have not worked there.

Edited by EmperorWhenua, Aug 12 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#7 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members

• 06-March 08
  • 3,140 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 13 2013 - 09:35 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]First year. Lucky I started so late. Helped me to avoid CIT buttmonkey status. :P[/color]

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users