• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Boy Scout 2013 Jamboree

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 05-December 10
  • 462 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 11:04 PM

Just got back from boy scouts 2013 jambo, and I gotta ask, did anyone else go? If so, favorite things? what was your campsite? etc. Discuss! 

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#2 Offline Van Hohenheim

Van Hohenheim
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 22-October 11
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 11:15 PM

My uncle went. He said (in a letter, of course) that he had traded some patches for a glorious Doctor Who patch. when he gets home, i'm slapping him for not getting me one C: if you did happen to see a guy with a blue, largish Yo-Yo, that was him.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

#3 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 06-March 08
  • 3,162 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 07:48 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]Didn't get to go this year, but knew about half a dozen people who did. [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]I'm going to try next time, in Venturing. As I'll age out of the BSA by then.[/color]

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

Want a clan of horse-riding Bio-Nomads? PM me to get your Taajar clan approved!  

#4 Offline EmperorWhenua

EmperorWhenua
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 23-December 05
  • 9,496 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 10 2013 - 11:20 PM

I was offered to be on OA or subcamp staff but turned it down due to costs. I also couldn't go as a Venturer because I turned 21 during the event, so it would have been tricky; plus, costs.

I did watch as many a friend relayed experiences over Facebook, so I was there in spirit!

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||

You love so deep, so tender

Your people and your land

You love 'em 'till they can't recall
Who they are again

#5 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members

• 06-March 08
  • 3,162 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 05:25 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]My camp director offered a discount for staffers like myself, due to venture slots being open. But familial troubles got in the way, and the $1500 wouldn't have been available.[/color]

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

#6 Offline EmperorWhenua

EmperorWhenua
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 23-December 05
  • 9,496 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 05:35 PM

Psst. Venturing has Venturers. : P [/petpeeve]

And you were a camp staffer this year? Cool! I was on camp staff for five years; this was my first summer since 2008 that I have not worked there.

Edited by EmperorWhenua, Aug 12 2013 - 05:35 PM.

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||

You love so deep, so tender

Your people and your land

You love 'em 'till they can't recall
Who they are again

#7 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members

• 06-March 08
  • 3,162 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 13 2013 - 09:35 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]First year. Lucky I started so late. Helped me to avoid CIT buttmonkey status. :P[/color]

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users