What are the ranks for?

Peter Johnson

For the most part, ranks are just for fun- they change the more you post. Some accomplished members have custom ranks achieved by seniority or achievements. If you are premier, they also come with a rank image that varies widely.Hope that helps. :)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

You're talking about your member group. Everyone's a member unless they get a full Proto bar (which makes your name orange and your group "Outstanding BZPower Citizens" or purchase Premier Membership (which makes your name bold and puts you in the "Premier Member" group. Other groups can be achieved by being banned or being promoted to the ranks of the Staff. Ranks, for the record, are seen underneath your member group and are tied to your post count. Premier Members get images to go along with the ranks.

For the record The Q&A Compendium is a good place to look if you have questions like this - the answers to the most common questions can be found within that vital resource. (It's also pinned to the top of the forum.)

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

For the most part, ranks are just for fun- they change the more you post

@windrider How many posts do I need to get to a new rank? (On yours, Windrider, I'm talking about the grey thing below "Premier Forum Leaders")

Edited by TreloManka

:afro: :afro: :afro: 

So, traditionally the post counts associated with each rank are kept a secret to encourage people to post. However, you can get a good idea by looking at other people's ranks.

Some members, like me, have a custom rank. Mine corresponds to having been on the staff for three or more years. Other members might get them as contest prizes or for truly outstanding deeds, but this is very rare indeed.