~The 1st Shadow~'s Comics

The 1st Shadow

'Ello, fellow BZPeople! Welcome back (or, perhaps, for the first time), to my comics! Sprite comics and hand-drawn comics are too mainstream, so I'm one of those that opts for doing Photo comics, a wide array of MOCs to tell the story.

In addition to the main series, two of the characters, Cyrahk and Thulk, run an "Ask Clog" named after themselves. This can be found down towards the bottom of the post. These guys do need help to run their segment, so send them your questions and they'll answer it as soon as they can!

NOTE: Please post your questions IN THE TOPIC. It makes them much easier for me to find and keep track of.

NEW! --> I have recently announced my upcoming movie for this series, set to air either late 2015 or early 2016. It's still in the works right now, but it is coming. The story is all planned out, the script is in progress, and I have a few voice actors selected. I will be making a separate topic specifically for this over in Fan Created Media as soon as I have some more preliminary material to discuss, as well as to open up the floor for casting. My representatives on this project are Axilus Prime and Toa Varova (both current Guest Stars); my consultant for casting is joev14; my assistant director is my cousin, Meyres the Anchorman. The only public material I have for this currently is a poster depicting some of the main characters. The image can be found here.

Hope you enjoy both of these!

On to our feature presentation:

t1scbanner.jpg

(Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the text and masks used in this banner)

SEASON 2

Main Cast

Villains

Extended Cast

Opener

Comics:

STORY 1: New Arrivals

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

STORY 2: To Build Or Not To Build

Part 1 | Part 2

INTERLUDE 1: Babysitting

INTERLUDE 2: Msconceptions

STORY 3: The Warbeast Chronicles

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

INTERLUDE: How To Start A War

SHORT 1: Incoming Heat Wave

Link

INTERLUDE: Too Much Sugar-food

INTERLUDE: The Other Villain

STORY 4: History Lessons

Rach & Tiff | Tetrak | Jontor & Thulk | The Doctor

SHORT 2: Flying? How Silly!

Link

STORY 5: Family Matters

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

VIDEO 1: Don't Stop the Rock

[Link]

SHORT 3: Shenanigans

Episode 1 | Episode 2 | Episode 3

STORY 6: To Fight Monsters

VIDEO 2: Everything is Awesome?

[Link]

STORY 7: Here, There be Shadows

STORY 8: Identity Crisis

SEASON 2 PGSes: (Invite only)

1. Emotionless (Sybre)

2. Bluefire (Tahukan)

3. Axilus Prime

4. Iron_Man5

5. Mk7.13

6. Sharnak The Bohrok Lord

Season 1 Character List

Season 1 Gallery 

askcyrahk.jpg

Intro 

"Let's Get Started!" 

"Of Nick Furys and Cobras" 

"Invasions and Anger Issues" 

"Find the Secret Geek"

"Secret Identities"

"A Colorful Fight"

"Pranking Minifigs in a Car"

"Ask The Viewers"

"Explain Something To Me"

"So, That's What Happened"

"Picking Favorites"

"Real Disturbances"

"Concerning Faces"

"Christmas 2014"

"Get Back to Work!"

SPECIALS

"Happy 20th Birthday, ~T1S~!"

"Happy Halloween!" 

"Happy 50th, Doctor Who!"

"Happy Thanksgiving!"  

"Merry Christmas!"

"Valentine's Day"

"Bad News" 

"Mother's Day"

"Father's Day""

"4-Year Anniversary"

"Happy 21st B-day!"

"Christmas 2014"

"BricksCascade Adventure"

"Five Years Old"

"Happy 22nd Birthday!"

Extras:

S2 Wallpapers (1920 x 1080) (1440 x 810) (960 x 540)

Enjoy!

Edited by T1Shadow: The Artisan
  • Upvote 15

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

It seems the Photo Comics idea has been more active lately.

Wow, dude, when I my reaction to Cyrahk was

First Panel: It's Keetongu!

Second Panel: It's a Rahkshi of Laser Vision MOC!

Third Panel: It's a Toa Mahri Hewkill fused with a Rahkshi of Laser Vision MOC!

Eleventh Panel: Cyrahk?

XD

Hey, these look promising! Great photo quality, and the characters all seem original! One thing I might suggest, and I could be wrong, but I'd introduce and develop all those characters slowly, because it might get overwhelming if you're working with a dozen characters all vying for attention from the reader. Another thing you may wanna try is to make the blurring behind the text a little more opaque, there's a couple moments when the text gets lost in the background.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these! I'm especially interested in the character they don't seem to want to acknowledge :P

this is a bit of a change, i must say.

i haven't seen very many photo comics in recent years, and most that i have seen didn't last very long. i like the photo quality! the humor is nice so far! i like the characters, too. they're interestingly constructed, and pretty creative!

i hope this will last longer than most photo comic series!

naw man

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Hey, these look promising! Great photo quality, and the characters all seem original! One thing I might suggest, and I could be wrong, but I'd introduce and develop all those characters slowly, because it might get overwhelming if you're working with a dozen characters all vying for attention from the reader. Another thing you may wanna try is to make the blurring behind the text a little more opaque, there's a couple moments when the text gets lost in the background.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these! I'm especially interested in the character they don't seem to want to acknowledge :P

You're quite right about the number of characters. My plan is basically to just get you guys acquainted with them (put a name to a face) all at once, and for every subsequent comic I will focus on no more than 6 characters at a time unless it's a special occasion.

As for the text thing, I'm experimenting with that idea, but the online program I use to edit the photos and add text doesn't allow for much. I'll have it figured out in the next couple comics or so, though.

this is a bit of a change, i must say.

i haven't seen very many photo comics in recent years, and most that i have seen didn't last very long. i like the photo quality! the humor is nice so far! i like the characters, too. they're interestingly constructed, and pretty creative!

i hope this will last longer than most photo comic series!

I noticed the same. The reason I wanted to do photo comics was because I had a bunch of MOCs just sitting around collecting dust, so I decided to give some of them a purpose other than taking up space. :P

dude these are really good i like the humor and the photo quality is also very good i really like the charecter builds also keep up the good work

Thanks. :) I have at least one more cool character build that you'll get to see in next week's comic.

@Comic 1: Dem MOCs are too cool...

Thanks!

And now, I present Comic 2: "Meet the Doctor!"

Enjoy. :)

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

For some reason, I pictured the doctor as a mad scientist.

Let me guess, the next guy is named after the Marvel character, but changed it to the most lowest populated continent in the world. Right?

Great comics so far man. Keep it up.

A mad scientist? I suppose I can see how you'd think that.

Yup. I'll be finishing his comic tonight and uploading it tomorrow.

And thanks!

Actually, six may even be too many. Each comic should focus on just one character for now, develop the characters one by one for now, then start focusing on more once you feel the audience has really identified each character.

Well, I meant I would do no more than six in a single comic. It will likely be 4 at a time. For example, after the Captain Antartica comic, I'll be doing a comic featuring the villains (and a special guest), and that will be followed by a proper introduction for the "Marvel Fan Club" characters. That a bit better?

Very nice photo comics. message me when gs's are up.

Thanks! It may be a few weeks before I decide whether or not I'll be doing GSes for this season. Considering that these are photo comics, it may be harder to do a Guest Star system than in sprite comics. I'll work something out before too long, though.

Also, from now on, I will aim to have new comics up on SATURDAY instead of MONDAY, except for special occasions.

With that said, next comic will be up tomorrow. See you guys then!

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Oh, this siriously gave me the giggles. Captain Antartica and the Doctor are just fabolously cute. I totally could hear him just sing out aloud his song :D Promise me that you'll keep your photo comic going. It makes me feel so nostalgic. =)

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Oh, this siriously gave me the giggles. Captain Antartica and the Doctor are just fabolously cute. I totally could hear him just sing out aloud his song :D Promise me that you'll keep your photo comic going. It makes me feel so nostalgic. =)

I intend to do these for quite a while. I figure one comic per week is easy enough that I won't overwhelm myself.

Haha, sweet new comic! I like the design.

Thanks!

Oh T1S these are just great comics I really like the ice affects you did

Those ice effects were tricky. I actually put the characters in containers of water and left them to freeze before photographing them. It was a tough trick to get the ice to cooperate with me, though.

Do not stop these. PLEASE. These are some of the best comics on this forum right now, IMO. :D The Captain Antarctica comic is hilarious, by the way.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! :)

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I present the newest comic!

Comic 4: "An Evil Plot Hatches," featuring my cousin's self-MOC.

He was visiting when I took the pictures, so I decided to include him in the plot. He also came up with a lot of the dialogue.

Also, I'd like to apologize in advance. I got a job last week, so sometimes the comics may be a little off schedule. Also, I will be out of town for another cousin's wedding next weekend. I'll try to take the pictures before I leave, and perhaps edit them while I'm gone. (If I make another comic while I'm away, I might include Meyres again, since we'll be staying at his house for the duration of the trip. We'll see.)

Thanks again, everyone!

(On a side note, this is my 1000th post... I'll have to make a 1001th Post Special, I guess. :P )

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

The 6th panel in the new comic is just delicious, it came out so well with the back light there as it glitters on Ghutan's hand. It's really so well composed. :D More shots like this! I'm absoloutly positive you could pull of more posing like it.

How do you make so nice hands by the way? Are they from Glatorian/HF sets? Evil Teridax's and Ghutan's hand look really awesome.

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Well, if it isn't my old friend Shadow, now taking up comics! I've read all of the comics, but I'll just comment on the latest."You really wanna throw down with a man who has a mechanical arm?" Most epic line ever spoken in the entire series. Unless another comes up.

mindeth the cobwebs

• 2 months later...

Alright, we seem to have lost some ground during the downtime, but I will have all the comics back up tomorrow, including the second part of Flaredrick's GS comic, as well as another standard comic, and a Halloween special. So, be sure to check back!

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Okay, here's all the comics that disappeared during the downtime, plus two new ones and a Halloween special.

Comic 5: "A MARVELous Time"

Comic 6: "Interview with the Hosts"

Comic 7: "Wait, What?"

Comic 8: "Welcome, Sybre!"

Comic 9: "Welcome Loganto" Part 1

Comic 10: "Welcome Loganto" Part2

Comic 11: "A Game of Games"

Comic 12: "SybreShadow Crossover!"

Comic 13: "Welcome Flaredrick" Part 1

NEW> Comic 14: "Welcome Flaredrick" Part2 <NEW

NEW> Comic 15: "An Unexpected Arrival" <NEW

Special: "Happy Halloween!" (Note: I am only in this one because its a holiday special. I will still be absent from the comics for a while. If I haven't explained why, it's because I want to focus on the rest of the cast more than myself at the moment)

I've got two more on the way.

Unfortunately, due to the missing data from the downtime, anyone who filled out a Guest Star form has had their information lost. The three that were already done don't have to do anything, but the remaining four will have to resend that information. So, that's Tahukan, Stroxx, Ora-unit, and Damaracx.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

@Halloween: Such cute costumes! The Fenrahk one was hilarious!

@Arrival: I have a feeling this'll become a saga...

Fenrakk was the name I thought of at first, too. But no. A quick trip down memory lane revealed that it's Skirmix. I had thought "Fero and Fenrakk... That doesn't sound right." That's why I left the name out on that one. :lol:

As for the Kanohi Rua thing, not exactly. I did it because I finally managed to get a hold of that particular mask, and as foreshadowing for next season. I may do something with it this season, too. Not sure yet.

I don't have any plans to do any sagas this season. If you have any ideas, I'd be quite open to it.

(On a side note, will you be re-uploading SNAX anytime soon? Feels kinda weird having Comic 12 in there with nothing to really connect to.)

Like it how I take the sword from him. Now he needs a new one, plus like the Ignika costume.

Glad you liked it. :D That sword, like the Kanohi Rua, is meant to be part of future storyline. Might be a while before you see it again, though.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

@Halloween: Such cute costumes! The Fenrahk one was hilarious!

@Arrival: I have a feeling this'll become a saga...

Fenrakk was the name I thought of at first, too. But no. A quick trip down memory lane revealed that it's Skirmix. I had thought "Fero and Fenrakk... That doesn't sound right." That's why I left the name out on that one. :lol:

As for the Kanohi Rua thing, not exactly. I did it because I finally managed to get a hold of that particular mask, and as foreshadowing for next season. I may do something with it this season, too. Not sure yet.

I don't have any plans to do any sagas this season. If you have any ideas, I'd be quite open to it.

(On a side note, will you be re-uploading SNAX anytime soon? Feels kinda weird having Comic 12 in there with nothing to really connect to.)

Oh no, I'm losing my BIONICLE knowledge! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Well, I can't wait. As for saga ideas, I'll keep that in mind.

I'll reupload it soon. I'm lazy. And busy. And lazy and busy.

mindeth the cobwebs

What a useful comic to have! I enjoyed seeing what Cyrahk did for fun. But what if he drowned in those bricks from being too tired?

He's too afraid to swim to the deep end. :lol:

signoffffff.png

But the deep end has rare pieces! Wait, deep end!? How's that possible???

mindeth the cobwebs

It may be a while before I can get the next comic up. Unfortunately, I've run into some issues with my computer, and it's making i hard for me to edit the photos as needed. Until I get it fixed, comic production will be very slow and limited. I have one that is almost complete, and I'll try to get it up soon. Sorry 'bout that, guys.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I'll shooy the piece of ceiling so he can fall on the matress. I think he should have thought about what was going to happen, than actually firing it.

So it's a plan, but I'm having trouble moving the mattress. Hang in there, Meyres! And doing before thinking is what makes it funny! :D

mindeth the cobwebs

New comic, everyone!

The next couple weeks are gonna be a little hectic for me, but I'll be sure to get in a good thanksgiving comic next week. I may even do something in recognition of the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who. We'll see. ;)Anyway, onto the comic!

Comic 18: "Laziness"

Enjoy!

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~