~The 1st Shadow~'s Comics

The 1st Shadow

Get him some boots. That'll fix it.

I'm also a fan of that art style. It's really eye-catching.

Not sure about boots. I think the socks are a bit much for now. :P

Oh man! I love that style too! 

Were you planning on recreating your comics in that style?

That would be pretty awesome!

Thanks. :) The style wasn't supposed to be anything special, but I'm glad to see that folks are enjoying it. 

No, I'm not gonna do that. Sorry. I might do some one-panel shorts like this once in a while, but for the most part, it'll be the same old MOCs you all know and love. :)

Speaking of which, due to the fact that I may not be getting snow this winter, the animation "Let it Go" may have to wait another year. :P If that's the case, then I have one or two back-up ideas that might work in its place.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Cyrak and Thulk~

It has come to my attention that you two are blubbering your heads off with more nonsense, so I don't suppose you'll mind doing a review for me.

There is an epic being written by Voltex. And I have been graciously allowed to write a parody of it. I have a few chapters out now, so a review on my comedy would be great.

Take into thought the comedy will not be understood unless you first read the epic.

Ghidora131

Edited by ghidora131

Dear Cyrak and Thulk~

It has come to my attention that you two are blubbering your heads off with more nonsense, so I don't suppose you'll mind doing a review for me.

There is an epic being written by Voltex. And I have been graciously allowed to write a parody of it. I have a few chapters out now, so a review on my comedy would be great.

Take into thought the comedy will not be understood unless you first read the epic.

Ghidora131

You realize you just asked T1S to read a whole epic, a whole comedy, and make a comic about it?

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

*Insert massive gasp here*

I'M BACK!!!!!

And I bring a comic! I filmed this one a while back at the request of the kid I was supervising one evening. And finally, I've put it together for you guys to enjoy!

Interlude: Babysitting

Have at it! :)

I'll be kinda busy this weekend, but I hope to finally get around to filming The Warbeast Chronicles for you. Once that's done, the series will get moving again, and I can get more work done for the movie!

There's just one little catch... Well, two.

Number one: I'm once again involved in a church drama production centered around the Easter story. This takes up most of my Sundays, and if I get one of the main roles, then I'll have to put a lot more work into it. So, there's that....

Number 2: I've mentioned this before, but I've recently kinda gotten more or less involved with a special woman. :) It's nothing serious yet, but it does require a lot of my time and energy to make that sort of thing work.

I've not forgotten this series, and I will hold to my commitment to it. Just know that I've got stuff going on, and the comics may not come as rapidly as I hoped they would. I do appreciate your patience, and I promise I'll do my best to keep you all entertained. :)

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Kids are nuts, man! They can be pretty cool, though.

I'm gonna laugh if you end up playing the Easter Bunny.

"Hello, kids! I'm- *reads script* the Easter Bunny! I'm very talented in graphic design and I make comics featuring Frankenstein plastic toys that get into weird situations! Want an egg?"

I'd pay to see that happen.

Woo! Good luck on that!

"Hi, I'm *reads script* Calen (that was your name, right?)! I'm very talented in graphic design and I make comics featuring Frankenstein plastic toys that get into weird situations! Wanna get something to eat?"

I can't wait to see what comics you provide in the future!

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

Kids are nuts, man! They can be pretty cool, though.

I'm gonna laugh if you end up playing the Easter Bunny.

"Hello, kids! I'm- *reads script* the Easter Bunny! I'm very talented in graphic design and I make comics featuring Frankenstein plastic toys that get into weird situations! Want an egg?"

I'd pay to see that happen.

Woo! Good luck on that!

"Hi, I'm *reads script* Calen (that was your name, right?)! I'm very talented in graphic design and I make comics featuring Frankenstein plastic toys that get into weird situations! Wanna get something to eat?"

I can't wait to see what comics you provide in the future!

Well, I think the Easter bunny would look a little out-of-place during the Crucifixion. :P

Yes, that's the name. And yeah, she knows I do this. She's not a fan of LEGO, but that doesn't mean it isn't to late to convert her. ;)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Those MOCs were made by the kids you are babysitiing, right? They look awfully similar to the ones my younger siblings and the kids that I babysit make. I guess kids all over think alike. Besides, you're a really nice guy for letting their creations star in a popular internet comic! 

(Those were their MOCs, right????)

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Those MOCs were made by the kids you are babysitiing, right? They look awfully similar to the ones my younger siblings and the kids that I babysit make. I guess kids all over think alike. Besides, you're a really nice guy for letting their creations star in a popular internet comic! 

(Those were their MOCs, right????)

Just one kid, actually. And the green one was partly done by me. Remember my Geared Soldier? He wanted me to build him one, so I used his parts to build another torso using the gearbox technique that I used in mine. So, the torso on that one is basically my design. The little gold guy was based on the Protectors, and I used my knowledge of their designs to help build that one, too. Everything else was all him. 

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Hey Shadow, I'm working on new project that's basically photo comic like yours. I decided that this was a better than working with sprites.

So basically you don't work any day of the week? Ok.

Good luck with your relationship man. :) Hope it goes well.

Another photo series? I wish you the best with that! :D If you need help/advice, let me know.

Yeah, I'm currently unemployed. Focusing more on getting through college first. :P I do often do lawn care for a few people when I have the time to spare, and it pays well enough for a side job.

Thanks. :) As I said, it's a work in progress. then again, isn't everything? lol

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Sorry there hasn't been any comic-ing lately. :( I've been otherwise occupied with other projects and life and stuff, but I hope to get around to it again as soon as I can.

Until then, I'd like to announce that one of those projects has been officially posted as a new kit, here in the Comics forum. 

okotomationbanner.jpg

Click that image above to go directly to the topic. ;) Hope some of you guys can make use of it (or, better yet, give me some help with it. Reference images are most useful!)

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Okay, comics have been delayed. Mainly because the star of the next story has been, uh, dismantled. :P He'd been intact for months, and only just in the last two days got scrapped for parts. I did it with good reason, though.

The parts went towards this.

Don't worry, once I'm done with that, the new character will be restored, and I can get to filming. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 1 month later...

How'd you make Axilus Prime's head? I love these comics and saw him at BricksCascade, and it's been nagging me for EONS.

Dude, you should've asked! :D I'd have been happy to decapitate him for you so you could take a better look! 

(Sorry, Axilus. :( I wouldn't really try to kill you--I promise! I'd put you right back together again.)

*ahem* Anyway, if you like, Dalls, I'll upload an LDD file so you can check it out.

In the meantime, I just finished editing the panels for a new comic, and it will be up before tomorrow morning! Another comic should follow sometime this weekend, if all goes as planned. :)

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

AHAHAHAHAHA--Ahem. (Keeps sword up to block, just in case) I like my head where it is.

Seriously though, something about that decapitation line was hilarious.

Ok, on to the comic. Heh. I didn't realize how similar Onua was to Gorzan. Probably because until just now, I never saw Gorzan. Never got into Chima. Still would take Onua over Gorzan any day. Tahu and Lhikan I already saw.

Tahu vs Tahu...or not. That was funnier though. I like seeing my favorite Bionicle 2015 set show up in a comic, that's for sure.

Welcome back.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Did you end up filming a comic at Bricks Cascade? 

Also, I'd be willing to get the Arkiz Bear over to you sometime for that SUPER SECRET PROJECT. We only live like an hour away from each other.

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Did you end up filming a comic at Bricks Cascade? 

Also, I'd be willing to get the Arkiz Bear over to you sometime for that SUPER SECRET PROJECT. We only live like an hour away from each other.

I filmed one the day before you came, and that's the one I'm working on next.

I could probably build my own, that way we can save on shipping. :) I'll need some instructions though.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this up, even though it's been over three weeks since the convention. :P

"BricksCascade Adventure"

Good news! I finally finished the primary Rebuilder, so the rest of Season 2 will commence as I have the time! :D Hooray!

For now, enjoy this little beauty. ;)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Whoa...how'd you get permission to film this all over the convention displays?

The entire comic was great to look at. Lots of great angles and poses for the characters, and a nice look at the models people built. I also didn't know that you could mount the sword on the back of the Axilus Prime MOC like that. That's a nice touch, quite the attention to detail you've got as well.

Akutahn's absolutely massive, never knew just how big he was until now.

Is that hand in the last panel supposed to be reaching for the Cap's back, or is it just in the shot by coincidence?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Whoa...how'd you get permission to film this all over the convention displays?

The entire comic was great to look at. Lots of great angles and poses for the characters, and a nice look at the models people built. I also didn't know that you could mount the sword on the back of the Axilus Prime MOC like that. That's a nice touch, quite the attention to detail you've got as well.

Akutahn's absolutely massive, never knew just how big he was until now.

Is that hand in the last panel supposed to be reaching for the Cap's back, or is it just in the shot by coincidence?

Uh, permission?  :lookaround: Wut? Haha In all seriousness, this was during the final setup hours. I was actually a part of the convention, so I was there the whole time. No one had any problem with it. :)

Thank you. :D

Yeah, no kidding! Little bit of trivia: During filming, I attempted to pose myself on Akutahn's knee. However.... For all his massiveness, his legs are not very stable. He nearly toppled over. Fortunately, I was able to hold his thighs steady until Kayru came to my rescue, repositioning him while  kept him from falling over. :)

The hand is something you guys have seen before. It and another like it have been appearing at various intervals throughout Season 2. They brought Sharnak to us, powered up the Rebuilder platorm, and will continue to do things around the place without our knowledge. The being(s) the hands are attached to were at the convention, as well. ;)

Oh, no... to be continued? :D

Great job - I loved seeing all the models incorporated in the comic. Especially loved the photo scene with Akutahn! 

Nope, I only shot the one day. Dallior had wanted another with me using his Arkiz Bear, but I didn't have any free hours to do it. And when I got there on Sunday afternoon, almost everything had been taken down. :(

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~