~The 1st Shadow~'s Comics

The 1st Shadow

Cyrahk, A question: 8ea.jpg

Question duly noted. :)

LOL. Title threw me off, but looking back it still sorta makes sense.

I was expecting a giant car.

I would love to see that prank on JallerNui, it sounds hilarious!

To be fair, the car is giant to them.

I intended it to just be a story told in dialogue. Perhaps one day I'll show it, just for the heck of it.

Hehe, that does sound funny. The prank, I mean. I was a little surprised by the "None of us are dumb enough to prank Ghutan', as I hadn't gotten teh impression that Ghutan was particlarly formidable, but now that I think about it it makes sense. I just thought of a question though:

What exactly is covered in their contracts besides not attacking GSs or T1S or Turaga Lumos?

He is, and has been one of the most formidable of the villains. One of our cast even said as much at one point. I'll tell his story later on, and that should explain why I hold Ghutan in such high regard as a villain.

Question duly noted. :)

With that, I bring an extra special episode of AC&T. Why is it so important, you ask? Well, I say that because today, we get to...

"Ask the Viewers"

Enjoy! And we hope to hear from you as soon as possible. :) (Oh, and some more questions wouldn't hurt, either. ;) )

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

All right:

I agree with Tetrak, Jontor, and Lerahyk(How do you pronounce that?): I would like to see more of them in teh series. :P

I liked the periodic Guest Stars, and would like to see some in the new series as well. (Will you have applications for GSs?)

I think it might be cool if some HF IFB made an appearence, and IMO an episode about Cyrahk or somebody trying to figure out the computer would be hilarious.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

LOL. Title threw me off, but looking back it still sorta makes sense.

I was expecting a giant car.

I would love to see that prank on JallerNui, it sounds hilarious!

To be fair, the car is giant to them.

I intended it to just be a story told in dialogue. Perhaps one day I'll show it, just for the heck of it.

I know the car is giant to them, I just couldn't resist referencing Drift.

Figured that, but also figured it couldn't hurt to ask. :P

Wait a minute...I just noticed, one of Thulk's hands is bigger than the other!

Anyway, as for the question. What would I like to see? Just one thing in particular. Better action scenes. The humor's been great, but the fight scenes, when they happened, could use some improvement. Other than that, just keep up the good work!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda disappointed by the lack of activity over here. :( I was hoping a comic like that would have sparked a lot more discussion.

Anyway.

All right:

I agree with Tetrak, Jontor, and Lerahyk(How do you pronounce that?): I would like to see more of them in teh series. :P

I liked the periodic Guest Stars, and would like to see some in the new series as well. (Will you have applications for GSs?)

I think it might be cool if some HF IFB made an appearence, and IMO an episode about Cyrahk or somebody trying to figure out the computer would be hilarious.

Pronounced "LAIR-uh-sheek." And the others are "TEH-track" and "JOHN-toar" respectively, in case anyone was interested. :P

No GSes next season. Only a few PGSes, by invite. The current line-up is Sybre (who I still need to construct a new MOC for), Bluefire (whose current form needs a little modification), Iron_Man5, Axilus Prime, and a few chance appearances by Mk7.13 and Meyres.

IFB will actually play a part during one story arc next season, as the AC&T episode suggested. As for the computer thing, I was planning on doing something about it, but Thulk knows well enough how to use it, so nothing like that.

But if it's Cyrahk you're interested in, I will say right now that he does get a special story arc to himself next season, during which he gets a visit from someone important to his history.

Anyway, as for the question. What would I like to see? Just one thing in particular. Better action scenes. The humor's been great, but the fight scenes, when they happened, could use some improvement. Other than that, just keep up the good work!

AoE Drift? 

Thulk wears powered battle armor that he designed himself. In his bio, I mentioned that he sometimes likes smashing things. He's right-handed, so he constructed a special gauntlet for that arm to make his "smashing" hurt all the more. :) He can take is off anytime he likes.

How do you mean on the fight scenes? Not enough action shown? Or better poses or something? There's really not much I can capture with a lot of still-images, so I fill them mostly with text and try to leave the rest of the fighting up to the imagination. Could you elaborate on that a little more? So I can better make the necessary changes.

Thanks for the comments.... You two... 

I'm currently getting characters and props set up for season 2, and will be working on more AC&T episodes soon (people sending in more questions to work with would be nice...).

That aside, I want to make one more comment on the last episode, and something Thulk said: Musical numbers. He wasn't joking. I intend to film two stop-motion videos set to music and will be posting those as actual comics. Well, that's the intention, anyway. We'll see how that turns out. But it is something I really want to try!

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Kinda disappointed by the lack of activity over here. :( I was hoping a comic like that would have sparked a lot more discussion.

Anyway.

All right:

Pronounced "LAIR-uh-sheek." And the others are "TEH-track" and "JOHN-toar" respectively, in case anyone was interested. :P

No GSes next season. Only a few PGSes, by invite. The current line-up is Sybre (who I still need to construct a new MOC for), Bluefire (whose current form needs a little modification), Iron_Man5, Axilus Prime, and a few chance appearances by Mk7.13 and Meyres.

IFB will actually play a part during one story arc next season, as the AC&T episode suggested. As for the computer thing, I was planning on doing something about it, but Thulk knows well enough how to use it, so nothing like that.

But if it's Cyrahk you're interested in, I will say right now that he does get a special story arc to himself next season, during which he gets a visit from someone important to his history.

AoE Drift? 

Thulk wears powered battle armor that he designed himself. In his bio, I mentioned that he sometimes likes smashing things. He's right-handed, so he constructed a special gauntlet for that arm to make his "smashing" hurt all the more. :) He can take is off anytime he likes.

How do you mean on the fight scenes? Not enough action shown? Or better poses or something? There's really not much I can capture with a lot of still-images, so I fill them mostly with text and try to leave the rest of the fighting up to the imagination. Could you elaborate on that a little more? So I can better make the necessary changes.

I'm currently getting characters and props set up for season 2, and will be working on more AC&T episodes soon (people sending in more questions to work with would be nice...).

That aside, I want to make one more comment on the last episode, and something Thulk said: Musical numbers. He wasn't joking. I intend to film two stop-motion videos set to music and will be posting those as actual comics. Well, that's the intention, anyway. We'll see how that turns out. But it is something I really want to try!

signoffffff.png

Yep, AOE Drift. Loved AOE in general, and Drift was my favorite of the debuting Autobots.

The exact scene was

(Grimlock transforms from robot mode, shifting his parts around and finishing in the form of a gigantic T-rex)

Crosshairs: Oh no.

Drift: I was expecting a giant car...

Oh, that makes sense.

Well, just like any comic book fight scene really. Take pictures of the fights move by move. For example.

Panel 1: Ghutan swinging sword at T1S.

Panel 2: T1S dodging to the left while trying to stab Ghutan in the stomach.

Panel 3: Ghutan catching his arm to prevent that.

Panel 4: Ghutan throwing him.

Panel 5: T1S picking up a firearm and shooting him in the face.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, I was wanting to put in input, but I wasn't 100% sure what exactly I wanted to see in the comics. :shrugs: Maybe give Rach and Tiff more time in the spotlight? We haven't seen much from then other than just a few hits here and there... but I do wanna see Jontar and the other minors (especially Ghutan's minion. He's adorable) :D

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Anyway.

All right:

AoE Drift? 

signoffffff.png

Okay, that makes sense. Cyrahk seems to get a ton of screen time, but maybe that's just something I'm getting the impression from his comic series and nothing else. It would be cool if some of the other characters you introduced got little story arcs of their own.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get my question about Cyrahk's love of pies that hasn't been seen since his intro, ~T1S~?

Yes, I got it. 

However, I've been busy with life lately, and that combined with a lack of responses has led me to consider putting the series on hold. I'll get back to it eventually, but it may be a while.

Thing is, I really enjoy doing these comics, both AC&T and the main series. It's become a favorite hobby of mine, but without fan enthusiasm to help keep it alive, there's not much I can do. 

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I'm checking this topic every day for replies. So my enthusiasm is there, I just don't post a ton because I can't think of anything to say. Here's a question for Cyrahk though.

As a Rahkshi of Heat Vision, aren't you temporarily blinded when you use your powers? If so, has that ever got you into trouble?

• Upvote 2

I had an apostrophe (either than or an epiphany)... at least an idea for your comics:

What would happen if the characters (maybe Lord Ghutan or maybe a minor character) got ahold of the Olmak and they end up traveling a few dimensions... that way The Doctor could be in his element with "time travel" (if you pardon the term, cuz it wouldn't be exactly time travel, but he'd be hopping around a lot). What do you think? :D

And here's a question for Cyrahk and Thulk: Who among the cast would they consider their closest friend? (aside from The First Shadow, being the host, he doesn't count) :P

Formerly Iron_Man5

I'm checking this topic every day for replies. So my enthusiasm is there, I just don't post a ton because I can't think of anything to say. Here's a question for Cyrahk though.

As a Rahkshi of Heat Vision, aren't you temporarily blinded when you use your powers? If so, has that ever got you into trouble?

Good question. 

Yeah, I also find it hard to submit good questions. Here's one I think might be good though.

Can you prank call the Bohrok?

This one will be interesting to play out. Already thinking up ideas on how I might do this one. 

I had an apostrophe (either than or an epiphany)... at least an idea for your comics:

What would happen if the characters (maybe Lord Ghutan or maybe a minor character) got ahold of the Olmak and they end up traveling a few dimensions... that way The Doctor could be in his element with "time travel" (if you pardon the term, cuz it wouldn't be exactly time travel, but he'd be hopping around a lot). What do you think? :D

And here's a question for Cyrahk and Thulk: Who among the cast would they consider their closest friend? (aside from The First Shadow, being the host, he doesn't count) :P

Interesting idea. I do have plans for the villains getting ahold of a powerful object from one of the sets, but it won't be until later. I'll give you a hint: the object was from 2006.

And the question has been duly noted. :)

Sorry for the delay, everyone. I intend to get back to comic-making asap. In fact, I'm going to work on another AC&T right now.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Interesting idea. I do have plans for the villains getting ahold of a powerful object from one of the sets, but it won't be until later. I'll give you a hint: the object was from 2006.

And the question has been duly noted. :)

Sorry for the delay, everyone. I intend to get back to comic-making asap. In fact, I'm going to work on another AC&T right now.

signoffffff.png

Oh dear... I think I know what you're referring to... whoo boy lol that sounds like fun... and I'm looking forward to new stuff, plus the new season... I've grown to miss our beloved characters. :)

Formerly Iron_Man5

Brickshelf may be down, but that doesn't stop me from finally bringing you guys a new AC&T episode! I hope to get around to the most recent questions as soon as I can.

"Explain Something To Me"

Also, be thinking about what you guys wanna see in the coming season, 'cause I would like some input on that front.

On that note, who would be in favor of stop-motion shorts in place of a few comics (voiceover included) ?

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I want to see more epic battles in the next season. Give it the Michael Bay explosions tretament.

So you guys want more (and better) battles. Explosions are quite likely, given some of the story arcs I want to work on.

In the meantime, I bring another AC&T episode!

Oh, so the Bohrok answer was intended for another comic. Still looking forward to it then.

And, here it is! :)

"So, That's What Happened"

Enjoy!

Also, while I'm here, I'd like to give you guys a list of next season's story arcs as a bit of a teaser. (Note: Not all of these are finalized titles. Some will be changed)

1. New Arrivals

2. To Build, or Not To Build

3. The Warbeast Chronicles

4. Incoming Heat Wave

5. History Lessons

6. Flying? How Silly!

7. Family Matters

8. Let It Go

9. Shenanigans

10. PROTOTYPES

11. Heroes Rise 

12. To Fight Monsters...

13. Everything Is Awesome?

14. Here, There Be Shadows

15. Identity Crisis

(Key: multi-part serious stories, humorous shorts, video)

Speculate on those as you will. ;)

See you all next episode!

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Mata Nui...

I was laughing so hard at that one. I didn't see it coming at all, I was expecting the Bohrok to ransack the studio out of rage, but that was so much better on so many levels.

I think they'd best hope the Toa Nuva never find out about this.

That Season 2 preview looks very interesting. I see you're gonna try stopmotions. Well, good luck with all of it! I look forward to seeing this stuff.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hmm vedios...... intresting cant wait to see how this turns out. But that prank call thousands of Innocent Bohroks died because of this prank call WHYYY!!

Question: Is Mudkip the best pokemon (if u say no i will go there and rip u apart and turn u into snails) Hail Mudkip

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I like both new comics. A lot.

All your questions have been noted, and I will get to them in due time.

Except...

Here's one.

Cyrahk, how are your relations with the other Rahkshi?

This actually factors into one of the story arcs for next season, so I'm gonna have to leave this one out for the time being. Unless I can think of some decent answer that doesn't interfere too much with future storyline. ;) The word "relations" should give you a hint as to which one it is on the list I gave you guys.

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOoooooooooo so excited! :D  :br:

As well you should be!

New characters? I wonder who they are. However... this means season two is starting up sometime!

PGSes, actually. Those are two of the 5 (6 if you include Meyres, but he's my cousin, so he's going to show up anyway) that will be appearing throughout the coming season. And yes, it is coming up soon. I'm currently working on something fun for you guys to help start off the new season.

Back to the topic of PGSes, I've decided to up the number to 6, which means there is one spot open. Axilus, Emotionless, BlueFire, Iron_Man5, and Mk7.13 are already counted for, so anyone else has a shot. If you're interested, PM me the following form (filled out, please) and I will select one "winner."

Preferred name:

Species:

Body type: (if Matoran or Toa) [Ex: Matoran--Metruan, Voyatoran; Toa--Metru, Inika]

Color scheme:

Mask: (if applicable)

Powers: (if applicable)

Weapons: (if applicable)

Personality/Brief Bio:

Any other details you may want to add:

Have at it, and hopefully the next time I post here, it will be with a video. ;)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I like it. But why was Tetrak everywhere? :P

I like it. But why was Tetrak everywhere? :P

He wasn't, really. I tried to give everyone equal screen time. The only character who didn't show up at all was Sir Vamprah. Everyone else got at least 3 slides.

Looks like someone had a busy summer lol :P so, who was the Tahnok-Kal headed guy? Didn't recognize him. Can't wait for the comics to start coming out. :D

You probably wouldn't have. He's one of my favorite comic makers from back in the day, before I joined BZP. In answer to your question, look at the post right above this one. ;) That would be him.

Did you really do that over the summer? It looks good. Also, how long did the stop motion take you? I know it was only for the intro and end, but I know how time consuming it can be firsthand.

Most of those were scenes recreated from things I did over the summer, yes. The pictures were taken during the last three weeks or so.

As for the stop-motion part, it didn't take too long. Probably about 20 to 30 minutes. 

Anyway, I bring another teaser bit to further get started on the new season:

Behold, the cast lists! Separated by category for your convenience. ;)

Main Cast

Villains

(Extended Cast coming soon)

Given that I turn 21 in a few days, you may also see a birthday short sometime this week.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~