Aperture Turret

Just a small MOC I made earlier today. The part at the bottom is Phantom Terror's Nuparu weapon design.1375239061m_THUMB.jpg

Click the image to view Mocpages gallery.

Edited by SmoothJazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

This is not a good MOC in my opinion, the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better plus i don't like the gray on the it and i think you should of use the Black Glatorian necks.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Wow. I never noticed how similar the HF armor and the Portal Turret are. And this coming from a guy that spent over $100 in Lego parts in the last month, has played through both Portal games, and still obsesses over both. Brilliant part usage there! The body also flows pretty well and it looks very much like a turret. If only the sides could open though. I also wish we had a half-lightsaber handle piece so you could put in an eye.Sadly though, I do have to agree with ShadowWolfHunt that it could be better. The legs are a bit disproportionate to the rest of the body, and I agree that Glatorian necks may be better, although I would probably attach a 6-length or so plus bar to the bottom so that it has the long, skinny look that the turret's legs have and making it more proportional.

Edited by Click

Wow. I never noticed how similar the HF armor and the Portal Turret are. And this coming from a guy that spent over $100 in Lego parts in the last month, has played through both Portal games, and still obsesses over both. Brilliant part usage there! The body also flows pretty well and it looks very much like a turret. If only the sides could open though. I also wish we had a half-lightsaber handle piece so you could put in an eye.Sadly though, I do have to agree with ShadowWolfHunt that it could be better. The legs are a bit disproportionate to the rest of the body, and I agree that Glatorian necks may be better, although I would probably attach a 6-length or so plus bar to the bottom so that it has the long, skinny look that the turret's legs have and making it more proportional.

It actually does have an eye, as I added a trans-red gem piece on the inside of the HF piece. It isn't easy to see in the pics, though.

You're right about the legs. I'll probably change them once I find something that looks good. (I'll have to look at some turret pictures first, though, as I haven't played the game in a while.)

This is not a good MOC in my opinion, the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better plus i don't like the gray on the it and i think you should of use the Black Glatorian necks.

A good portion of your post is illegible. Please try to use better grammar in the future. I'm not even sure what you were trying to say by " the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better" Anyway, the gray is only there because I don't have black hordika necks. I might redo the legs anyway.

To the others who commented, thanks.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

A good portion of your post is illegible. Please try to use better grammar in the future. I'm not even sure what you were trying to say by " the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better" Anyway, the gray is only there because I don't have black hordika necks. I might redo the legs anyway.

Of what i am talking about is what missing in it and that is the Guns, you know them, the thing that they use to shoot at people like you and me.... and mostly callan

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Of what i am talking about is what missing in it and that is the Guns, you know them, the thing that they use to shoot at people like you and me.... and mostly callan

Not all MOCs can have special features. A good number of MOCs don't have functionality at all, while still looking good. On the MOC, emulating the legs is extremely difficult to do, as they are always bent in the curve. Still, Hordika necks were a nice choice on your part SJ. However, the only con is that they're short. It's and easily solvable problem if you have some black liftarms lying about to use to extend down via connection with axles.

• 2 weeks later...