• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Aperture Turret

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 10:01 PM

Just a small MOC I made earlier today. The part at the bottom is Phantom Terror's Nuparu weapon design.Posted Image

Click the image to view Mocpages gallery.

Edited by SmoothJazz, Jul 31 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#2 Offline Jinkmeister

Jinkmeister
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 919 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 10:07 PM

That's cool! It definitely catches the feel of one of them turrets...you just need to make it fall over humorously! :P

#3 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 432 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 10:19 PM

Nice design! :D I like the use of the Hero factory piece because of the sleek design it has. Good work!

#4 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 658 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 11:26 PM

This is not a good MOC in my opinion, the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better plus i don't like the gray on the it and i think you should of use the Black Glatorian necks.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#5 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,387 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 12:15 AM

Wow. I never noticed how similar the HF armor and the Portal Turret are. And this coming from a guy that spent over $100 in Lego parts in the last month, has played through both Portal games, and still obsesses over both. Brilliant part usage there! The body also flows pretty well and it looks very much like a turret. If only the sides could open though. I also wish we had a half-lightsaber handle piece so you could put in an eye.Sadly though, I do have to agree with ShadowWolfHunt that it could be better. The legs are a bit disproportionate to the rest of the body, and I agree that Glatorian necks may be better, although I would probably attach a 6-length or so plus bar to the bottom so that it has the long, skinny look that the turret's legs have and making it more proportional.

Edited by Click, Jul 31 2013 - 12:17 AM.

~click.gif

ninjathumb_by_0nuku-d807hxd.jpgkanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#6 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,240 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 05:58 AM

:D Someone used my design! I thought that it was long forgotten.

This looks a lot like the turret, but it would function better as an arm design. Great job though!

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#7 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 07:59 PM

Wow. I never noticed how similar the HF armor and the Portal Turret are. And this coming from a guy that spent over $100 in Lego parts in the last month, has played through both Portal games, and still obsesses over both. Brilliant part usage there! The body also flows pretty well and it looks very much like a turret. If only the sides could open though. I also wish we had a half-lightsaber handle piece so you could put in an eye.Sadly though, I do have to agree with ShadowWolfHunt that it could be better. The legs are a bit disproportionate to the rest of the body, and I agree that Glatorian necks may be better, although I would probably attach a 6-length or so plus bar to the bottom so that it has the long, skinny look that the turret's legs have and making it more proportional.

It actually does have an eye, as I added a trans-red gem piece on the inside of the HF piece. It isn't easy to see in the pics, though.

You're right about the legs. I'll probably change them once I find something that looks good. (I'll have to look at some turret pictures first, though, as I haven't played the game in a while.) 

This is not a good MOC in my opinion, the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better plus i don't like the gray on the it and i think you should of use the Black Glatorian necks.

A good portion of your post is illegible. Please try to use better grammar in the future. I'm not even sure what you were trying to say by [color=#ffffff;]"[/color] the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better"  Anyway, the gray is only there because I don't have black hordika necks. I might redo the legs anyway.

To the others who commented, thanks.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#8 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,240 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2013 - 08:12 PM

Another option for skinnier legs is to use balljoints and axles. I tested it out and it looks pretty good. Oh, and I turned this into a canon for Furno!

#9 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 658 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2013 - 01:39 AM

A good portion of your post is illegible. Please try to use better grammar in the future. I'm not even sure what you were trying to say by [color=#ffffff;]"[/color] the HF piece is ok but it look great if it have the Turret then it make it a little bite better"  Anyway, the gray is only there because I don't have black hordika necks. I might redo the legs anyway.

Of what i am talking about is what missing in it and that is the Guns, you know them, the thing that they use to shoot at people like you and me....      and mostly callan

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#10 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,238 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2013 - 12:04 PM

Of what i am talking about is what missing in it and that is the Guns, you know them, the thing that they use to shoot at people like you and me....      and mostly callan

Not all MOCs can have special features. A good number of MOCs don't have functionality at all, while still looking good. On the MOC, emulating the legs is extremely difficult to do, as they are always bent in the curve. Still, Hordika necks were a nice choice on your part SJ. However, the only con is that they're short. It's and easily solvable problem if you have some black liftarms lying about to use to extend down via connection with axles.

#11 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,204 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2013 - 05:19 PM

This looks pretty good, just not turret-like. I love the parts usage, and the legs are creative. I just... don't think it looks like a turret.

eW9kyVR.png

#12 Offline High Voltage

High Voltage
  • Members
  • Toa

• 151 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 12:30 PM

While it mightn't make a great turret, it sure looks like it could be modified into a great lower arm.

"Let me tell you about the Transformers!"

-Rad White, 2002

#13 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,240 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 12:31 PM

it sure looks like it could be modified into a great lower arm.

As a matter of fact, I just did that for Furno.

#14 Offline MrPerson

MrPerson
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 07:12 PM

This is nice, small but nice. I play portal all the time. It would be nice if somebody made a HUGE turret out of HF pieces. Like, a foot high, and with more detail (No offense)

Mr. Person CptnJckBANANA.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users