A Monster on Titan

xccj

So what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear of a MONSTER AND TITAN contest on BZPower?titan-final-medium.png(Clicky on the image to go to an even bigger image!)Clearly it's the Toa Mata driving a Monster Truck on the Moon Titan.Background information: Titan is the largest moon of Saturn and the second largest moon in the solar system. It's the only moon with an atmosphere, which is made up of methane and ethane and may have a weather system like that of earth only with METHANE AND ETHANE RAIN instead of water. The Huygens probe that landed there was the first one to land on a solar body beyond Mars, and it took a picture too! And according to xkcd, humans would be able to fly there just by flapping our arms while wearing fake wings. (Although I think he said something about people freezing if they tried that, and I think the whole methane and ethane atmosphere might be problematic too.)Basically, Titan is cool.The monster truck is based on / traced off the latest big Technic set that got released this summer. (I found a picture of it online, couldn't really afford it.) The Toa Mata are happy. The landscape is a mix of Mars and Earth canyon drawings with some custom coloring... which then got mostly hidden by the truck. Saturn is just a tracing of a popular NASA image, but gosh it turned out nicely. The atmosphere is me messing with gradients and transparencies at the same time. (Gee, think of how much effort it would have been to shade that transition manually!) Also, I hate tracing tires now.Yeah, this was all drawn / traced in an Adobe vector art program. I would love to say I did this with Illustrator, but I'm still having trouble dealing with those commands for creating something this complex from scratch, so rather I drew it in Flash. So sue me. :PThis is an entry for the big contest going on cause IT'S TOTALLY A VALID INTERPRETATION! Thanks for looking, comments and criticism appreciated (although more emphasis on the former than the latter, to be perfectly honest.)