• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

FTL Reaches 10,000 on CUUSOO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2013 - 11:54 AM

Finally! I am relieved and delighted to announce that the <a href='http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/35223' target='offsite'>FTL: Faster Than Light</a> CUUSOO project has reached 10,000 supporters at last. This qualifies the project for the review period beginning in September, but after that it might be a while until production. We can only hope our patience will be rewarded with some great little spaceship sets.View the full article

#2 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 10,294 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 03 2013 - 01:11 PM

[color=#800000;]Yessss, I just might get to have an official Lego version of my Ship On Fire XII.[/color]

I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

Posted Image

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

#3 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,943 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 03 2013 - 10:12 PM

I saw 'Faster Than Light' and assumed this had something to do with CERN's neutrino experiments... like a microscale particle accelerator or something. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed. But I guess microscale spaceships are cool too.

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#4 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Spirit of Fire

• 19,570 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2013 - 01:07 AM

Well, it looks like there'll be LEGO version of the BZPRPGer.

Hopefully I can recreate Captain Snelly.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#5 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,795 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Aug 05 2013 - 11:03 PM

It looks like a nice micro-space ship, but it isn't the best micro-space ship out there. I bet even LEGO's designers could do better, and any number of people on flickr. I just don't see this being a practical set considering all the alternatives (and size).

-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#6 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,295 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 01:18 PM

It looks like a nice micro-space ship, but it isn't the best micro-space ship out there. I bet even LEGO's designers could do better, and any number of people on flickr. I just don't see this being a practical set considering all the alternatives (and size). -CF

Well, the build isn't necessarily going to stay the same. It has to be redesigned, like any sketch or concept model. With LEGO Cuusoo you're primarily voting on a concept — the point of the illustrations is to give examples of how that concept might be expressed as a set.So yeah, LEGO's designers could do better. And if this actually passes the review, then they'll probably do just that, because that's their job. I think more than build, the obstacles this will face will be more like the obstacles the EVE Online project faced: is this a good business case? FTL was a very well-received game but it's hardly a household name like Back to the Future or Minecraft.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users