• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Tactically Corpulent Drone

Ballom Combat Drone Robot cyclops chubbs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,426 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 04 2013 - 06:11 PM

9332024620_19f8520582_n.jpg

Flickr

This was originally a much smaller, floating drone without the extra thrusters, Rahkshi head hips, or legs, which was inspired by the little floating repair drones on Elysia in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. However, that seemed unsatisfyingly small, and I feared that I would have a lot of difficulty photographing something with no legs, so I decided to beef it up. Hence, he became tactically corpulent. :3

~B~

Edited by Ballom, Mar 09 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Offline Radagast367

Radagast367
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 36 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 03:21 AM

I like them, I can imagine them walking into battle, plasma weapons firing. Perhaps the "arms" could be slightly longer, but thats just my opinion.

Edited by Radagast367, Aug 07 2013 - 03:22 AM.

If you think that godzilla is NOT awesome, you're either crazy,

or one of the many people who got trodden on while he was saving the world.

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#3 Offline mk7.13

mk7.13
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ahhh, small, yet purposeful. I dig it. Particularly the clever use of the Huna and the Hero Factory cores. It's always impressive when people come up with inventive uses for parts that had one intent when they were first created. I've always really liked the creativity inspired by scaling down the size of the MOC, though. Each piece becomes either essential or unnecessary at that size, but in this MOC's case each piece is absolutely crucial to the overall design. Tactically Corpulent, indeed. Great piece of work.

Edited by mk6.12, Aug 07 2013 - 03:04 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users