9433934072_61112a1916_n.jpg

Flickr

I present to you my entry for the Titans and Monsters: Attack on BZ-Koro contest! Vermillion Tempest measures a towering 13 inches tall and weighs in at less than 2 pounds, a hefty tonnage indeed. Armed with a full load of missiles and a sword to smite evil, he is ready to give the invading Kaiju a very unpleasant welcome!

The backstory behind this guy is an interesting one. Originally I had wanted to use a cool head design built by BioRays on Flickr, but hadn't gotten around to it. I figured that I could make a red mecha to go with the head as a spiritual successor to Voltage, since the heads looked so much alike. But then I went and saw the fantastic movie Pacific Rim, and I knew that I just had to make a MOC emulating the awe-inspiring Jaegers. While the head isn't a perfect replica of the pilot-holding pod of Gipsy Danger and her brethren, it works well enough for my purposes.I had lots of fun building this MOC, especially since it integrates a lot of neat parts. Hence, he has some stickers from Exo-Force and Galaxy Squad, a Hero Factory Zamor for the nuclear chest core, and flipper feet for improved aquatic combat. The combination of red and fin pieces in a giant robot package also makes him resemble one of my favorite units from Super Robot Wars, the Alteisen. And of course, him having a sword makes him resemble another sword-swinging mecha from SRW . . .

CHESTOOOOOH!

~B~ Edited by Ballom

Great model, It truly is an awe inspiring movie...

If you think that godzilla is NOT awesome, you're either crazy,

or one of the many people who got trodden on while he was saving the world.

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Awesome! I honestly think you have me beat. The shaping on this is astounding!

Well, it's too early to tell which MOC will come out on top, since the voting hasn't started yet. But you may very well be correct. :P Tell me, which parts do you think have astounding shaping? Anything in particular, or everything?

Great model, It truly is an awe inspiring movie...

Yes, Pacific Rim was a great movie. But what do you like about the MOC? It's his topic, after all.~B~

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I really love the missiles and build of the torso! The face and fins are cool too! :)

Thank you! The missiles came together very nicely, and I wanted to use that ammo belt from Core Hunter in the worst way. As for the larger missiles on the Jaeger's other shoulder, they're for backup.

The torso also came together well, since the Throwbot shoulders layer for a good muscular shape. I'm glad you like the face; some fans on Flickr actually thought it resembled a dog, of all things! :P Finally, the fins make for a certain Super Robot theme, as stated above. But I like them too.

~B~