Graydahk -Titan AND Monster

Toa Czar

I'm not in to making fancy posts, so without further ado I present to you...

dsc_1690_-_copy.jpg

GRAYDAAAAHHHKKKKKKKkkkkkk -hack- -cough-

No really. There he is.

He has been an on-and-off process over the last few years, and I've loved every moment of it. I did have a lot of structural help from a good friend of mine, cause I fail at designing supports for joints (Plus, the guy is around 2 ft tall, and weighs too much for his own good).

A cool little feature I put in (You can't see from the pics) is he has a light-up heart that's activated through a button on his back (Man, I love Piraka eyes).

If you want to see more pictures, I've uploaded some to Brickshelf (Which may not be approved yet, so bear with me. Just decided to enter him today. Also not the best photographer :) ). - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=532365

If you wish to read about powers and such, here's a link to his CBW article (Written a lot by Sidorak12814, who helped design Graydahk. Also, pictures are a little dated.) - http://custombionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Graydahk

Please leave your comments! Love any feedback.

Whoa! This makes my mocs look like fleas! This is amazing. I can't really see much to criticize. Awesome job.

Graydahk makes a lot of my stuff look like fleas too. The feeling is mutual haha! Thanks man!

Dang, there goes my spot for biggest MOC in the competition! :P That looks awesome, I'm jealous. You've got my vote!

I feel bad D: Love your Mech! Cool design, and thanks!

In bigger MOCs like these, there's a tendency for parts to seem out of place or hastily added, in an attempt to pad the size. With this particular MOC, however, each piece looks as though it belongs where it's placed (the Toa Mata arms as fingers = pure genius). It gets tougher to maintain a sense of cohesiveness as the MOC gets bigger and bigger, but you pulled it off very well. The arms could have had clutter reduction, but I'm still thoroughly impressed. The torso could use a little bit of work, in my opinion. More specifically, it just seems too large in proportion to the rest of the figure. I do understand the aesthetic sacrifices required to maintain the structural integrity of something as large as this MOC, though, so I applaud your inventiveness.

What I am most impressed by is both this thing's posability and its ability to stand upright on its own - two very difficult things to do, the larger your MOC gets. I like how the addition of a Turaga in one hand (let alone the fact that the arm is away from the center of gravity) doesn't look like enough to topple the whole thing over, which is something to consider with a MOC of this size.

Overall, I'd say this is a fantastic piece of work. If I spent too much time looking at all the pieces individually, I'd miss the intended, awe-inspiring effect. Large MOCs are really hard to do right, but this one was done fantastically.

I like how every piece slides together without looking out of place, despite a variety of colors that (IMO) might be clashing, the black, silver, white, green, and grey. I'm wondering, do you have any pictures that show the "light-up heart" gimmick? I think that'd be really cool!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Thanks mk1.12 and Wazdakka! Love hearing from people other than myself. Appreciate the criticism and compliments!

As for the heartlight, I will eventually post pics of it glowing but I need another set of hands and some different lighting. Thanks again, all!