Platinum Avohkii For Sale Again

This one-of-a-kind mask was for sale earlier this year and now it looks like the Platinum Avohkii is up for grabs yet again. If you don't mind picking it up in Northern California and have an extra $17,500 to spare, go <a href='http://www.ebay.com/itm/281139276782' target='offsite'>check it out</a>! I think this is probably out of all of our readers' price range, but it's an interesting sighting, nonetheless.View the full article

It amazing seeing that mask again but it look fake to me because look at the paint (mostly on the back and the front eyes) plus think about it.

it is just too good to be true.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Of course it's up for grabs again. Noone in their sane mind would (or should) spend all that money on a small mask, platinum or not.The listing has pictures of the original letter. It states a total value for the entire prize, so if you detract all the original retail values of the other prize items, you could calculate LEGO's original value estimate for the Avohkii. Maybe if I'm bored I'll take the time to do it. :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It amazing seeing that mask again but it look fake to me because look at the paint (mostly on the back and the front eyes) plus think about it.

it is just too good to be true.

Riaso, this is most definitely NOT fake. The small lines and ridges on the back and front are excess from when the metal was forged. Sometimes (mostly all of the time) when the metal comes out of a mold, it will leave behind some bumps/lines. The same thing goes for plastic.

Anyways, I would definitely buy this if I had the cash. If it comes back into circulation when I have the money for it, I will definitely buy this.

Edited by Wasp

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

If I won the lottery this would be the first thing I'd buy (And some first class tickets to California)... :P But that will never happen.

It is nice to know it's still out there and isn't in the hands of someone who would melt it down, lose it or something.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

The seller is stupid, why would you use a platinum Avhokii for your mocs?

Why wouldn't you? I, for one, think it is awesome. It's cool to make a MOC with a proto in it, this is the same thing.

I think the most expensive bionicle prototype was worth less than 700$ and I am not aware of anyone using it on a moc. The platinum Avhokii is worth like 20 times more so I would not think anyone sane would have it for anything else than display.

Why wouldn't you? I, for one, think it is awesome. It's cool to make a MOC with a proto in it, this is the same thing.

I think the most expensive bionicle prototype was worth less than 700$ and I am not aware of anyone using it on a moc. The platinum Avhokii is worth like 20 times more so I would not think anyone sane would have it for anything else than display.

Why can't it be displayed on a MOC? It's not like it's being abused or has any chance of getting ruined

Wait, $17,500? That's even more than the total amount that was raised at GalaCon's charity auction last weekend. :o

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Good to see it again. One of only two masks that I don't own. BTW, anyone know the $ value of 3oz of platinum?

The average price for 1 oz. of platinum is a mere $1428.95. The mask itself is apparently worth $8,320.26 in 2003 dollars, or about $10,558.77 by today's standards. Pocket change, right? :P

Back on topic here....

Oh how I wish I had that sort of money. Like others have said, the mask would definitely be worth the money.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I actually could buy this if I wanted to, but I won't because I'm saving my money for other things.

It could be cool to own this mask though.

:blink:

Well, it's good to be you isn't it.

TSM! Buy it! A BZP MEMBER MUST OWN THIS!

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Wow, I didn't know that putting a rare mask on a moc either destroys the mask or devalues it in some way!

Oh wait, it doesn't. There's no reason why you can't put this on a moc dude.

Speaking of which, you guys all say that if you win the lottery, you would buy this. If I won the lottery, I'd buy this, AND commission some custom platinum armor to go with it on a takanuva moc, for all that extra swag :D

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Yay! That's a whole 12 grand cheaper! Now, I'll just have to donate a kidney, my gallbladder, and an arm!

Nah, that's totally worth it. :)-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Buy? Why not just do something Mission Impossiblish, break in and snatch it with some awesome background music on your mp3 while doing so? Could devolve into some fun car-chasing. :D

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Buy? Why not just do something Mission Impossiblish, break in and snatch it with some awesome background music on your mp3 while doing so? Could devolve into some fun car-chasing. :D

Too bad it's illegal. :(

Yay! That's a whole 12 grand cheaper! Now, I'll just have to donate a kidney, my gallbladder, and an arm!

Nah, that's totally worth it. :)-Gata signoff.png

Ain't that the truth.

It's times like this I wish I was born into a rich family.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Nah, that's totally worth it. :)-Gata signoff.png

Ain't that the truth.

No, I was being ironic.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

it would look cool if you made a moc with it steve.

Yeah but then I'd want to have custom chrome armor to match.

Then you have the nightmare of that color scheme, since you'd probably have to do chrome on top of black, and that's not what takanuva is :P

I think it'd be better to get custom gold chrome parts for a takanuva ;)

But then again, the allure of having a multi-thousand-dollar moc.... :3

Good to see it again. One of only two masks that I don't own. BTW, anyone know the $ value of 3oz of platinum?

The average price for 1 oz. of platinum is a mere $1428.95. The mask itself is apparently worth $8,320.26 in 2003 dollars, or about $10,558.77 by today's standards. Pocket change, right? :P

Back on topic here....

Oh how I wish I had that sort of money. Like others have said, the mask would definitely be worth the money.

So, you could forge it for much cheaper? I'mma gonna do that once I find about $10,000.

Back on topic here....

So, you could forge it for much cheaper? I'mma gonna do that once I find about $10,000.

Well you'll also have to buy Lego's injection mold, which according to Aanchir costs Lego "between $15,000 and $250,000". Since a mold for an Avohkii would only need two halves, (no holes going in other directions) I'm guessing the mold wouldn't be as much as $250,000. But since Lego doesn't part with their molds either, you need to commission one, and I doubt you'll get as good a deal as Lego does.