This Cake Is Not A Lie

Kaleidoscope Tekulo

Just a little something I did for one of my classes. We had to do a children's celebration cake, and my mind immediately went to the year 2001. lewacake.png And, here are some kanohi I did around the border. I decided to go with a golden color, just to give a little contrast to the green and because I thought it fit with the theme of a canister. ^^ kanohi.png Keep in mind this was for a class, so I had a time limit. I really didn't get to spend as much time on this as I would have liked, and I am aware of a lot of mistakes in this (and I didn't have any references for the masks, so I had to pretty much wing it when I got to doing them. Edit: I did, however, have a reference for Lewa and a small set with me to help figure out the pieces -so technically I did have a Miru reference as well, but I had no access to any other masks- Sorry for any confusion ^^' ) I really wish I had more time for this. =/ The decorations were done in marzipan, the cake and lettering was done with buttercream icing. Hope you enjoy. ^^

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

@ MICRObeta6: I'm glad you like it. And no, XD. Everyone made their own cake. Unfortunately, we prepared the cakes way ahead of time, so when we got to decorating them, they were all stale and inedible. Still, it made them easier to ice just the same. XD @ Jiayi: Haha, thanks. ^^ I chose Lewa because he's my absolute favorite toa, and I thought having him in pieces would make things easier and cooler to put together. I'm very happy with the idea. @ Artem K: Actually no. XD Unfortunately, we prepared the cakes way ahead of time, so when we got to decorating them, they were all stale and inedible. @ Artakha: Wow, I'm glad it made you think of that! ^^ Actually those colors in icing would be interesting on a cake if you do it right...

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

This look so delicious, you cannot imagine xDVery nice job, but I have to ask- what's happened to poor Lewa? It looks like he's in the process of exploding, with all those limbs flying about and that red... thing :PIt's very impressive though, something that definitely has that classic 2001 vibe :)

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Wow. Definately the most creative cake I have seen! I can't imagine HOW you remebered the masks' and pieces' detail so acurately with only your memory. Bravo!

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Wow.This is what that cake made me think of.

Wow.This is what that cake made me think of.

Same here, especially with the color of the top. Considering it was done from memory, I'm impressed! I don't know much about cake decorating, but I like how this turned out.

Oh, this is unique! I don't think I have ever seen a Bionicle-themed cake before this one. I think my one suggest would be that you had made the top of the cake slightly less cluttered, particularly around the area where the words are written. Still, it's pretty cool the way it is, and I understand you were under a time constraint. Great job!

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

@ Artem K: D= (XP) @ The Darkest Hunter: XD, thanks. That red thing is actually supposed to be a tree stump (you can't see it very well from this angle, so I don't blame you for not knowing what it is). Also, I imagine this to be Lewa waking up in the jungle after exiting his canister. I thought having him in pieces would give more of a LEGO theme to this (and plus having a fully built toa on a cake would take so much more time to do, and plus there was a height limit and I didn't want to spend too much time getting the pieces to stick. His body was difficult enough to put together to be honest. XD). @ Eeko: My cake! D= XD, thanks. ^^ Let me think... I spend 2-3 hours on this per day over the course of around three to four days. So, it was around six to nine hours total? Being my first time doing a detailed Bionicle figure on a cake, I did try to take my time and I also had to figure things out (I remember redoing his mask a few times before finally getting it right). @ Toa Mata ownedie: Eh, perhaps I wasn't clear enough... I did have a reference for Lewa and a few lego pieces at the time. The masks, however were done from memory (aside from the Miru, I suppose, as I had a Lewa picture with me). Sorry if that confused anyone. ^^;But thanks a lot. ^^ I'm really glad you like it. @ Gali Nuva Girl: Thanks! ^^ The masks were done from memory, but I did have a reference for Lewa (sorry if that wasn't clear. ^^; )Seeing as this was my first attempt at a Bionicle cake, I am happy with how it turned out as well. ^^ @ Toa Novu: Thanks so much! I'm glad you think it's unique. ^^ I actually have seen one other Bionicle cake around the year 2005. It was a Hordika cake and came with Vakama and Matau hordika figurines (it was at a bakery in a Walmart if I remember correctly). Unfortunately, our birthdays were not around the corner, so we didn't have any excuse for our parents to get it (we didn't really bother asking, but we did show it to them and said we thought it was cool. XD).I see what you mean about the clutter and the area near the text. I suppose the placement could have been a bit better, but the goal was not organization so much as it was... well, abstract, I suppose? If I ever do decide to try my hand at something like this again, I may go with a different style.