Vohon

p8085902-001.jpg_thumb.jpg

My entry in the Titans and Monsters contest.

Always loved doing revamps, and the Shadowed One was on the top of my list. All my old boxes had been stacked away since '11,

but when I noticed this contest, I simply couldn't miss the oppurtunity of a last hurrah.

I haven't been on the new forums all that much, so I'm kinda lost on the coding system, I'm just gonna do this the easy way:

Full MOC [http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Vohon/TSO/downloads.psd.jpg]

Head Detail [http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5918988]

Legs and Tail Detail [http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5918990]

Feedback and criticism are most welcome :D !

Edit: Image thumbnailed - please keep posted images in BBC to 100 kB. Click on the thumbnail to load the full image!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
s1210003-1.jpg---

This is definitely an exceptional MoC. The complexity and design are very masterfully integrated into the structure. If you ask me, the tail seems a bit out of place. The idea of a tail is a good one, but it just feels a little to long for my taste. I mean, realistically, walking around with a tail like that would be pretty hard to pull off, titan/monster or not. I can't say I'm in love with the weapon. The top of the blade (I'm assuming it's a sword or a halberd perhaps?) looks a little odd with those spikes there. But besides those two things, I like it. I think this MoC nearly perfectly fits the "Titans and Monsters" theme, which is good. I'll definitely be considering your entry when voting. Keep it up!

-Rez

Interesting MOC. The build of the torso is quite nice. Arms are a bit simple (but look fine), and the legs are alright. However, I always found TSO to be more of the cold and intelligent type, so IMO the bestial jaws, feet, etc. feel a bit out of place.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Ahhh, I love seeing MOCs like this. It makes me want to dust off my old Bionicle sets and piles of pieces, also. Personal anecdote aside, I think this is a fantastic piece of work. I really love how simple, yet complex the whole thing looks. The black, yellow, and silver color scheme is really well done, and I commend you for finding connector pieces that aren't red or blue. Sometimes that's all you can find, but they really throw off the whole look if you're not careful. From what I can tell, it looks like the tail also acts as a stabilizer, which is pretty clever in my opinion. Unwieldy or not, it's pretty snazzy. I'm assuming the Pohatu Nuva claws are supposed to be some sort of crown? I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. Whatever they're there for, it's a very nice touch. The only thing that throws me off about the whole thing is that the legs just seem slightly too long, at least at the angle in the photo. I'm sure from another angle they look perfectly normal. Maybe in a different pose, even.

As a comeback MOC, this is inspiring and encouraging. I've wondered if I could pull out my old Legos and still make MOCs like I did in my heyday, or if I somehow may have improved over my years of neglect; browsing through your old creations in your gallery (most of which are very cleverly done), this MOC is definitely an improvement, which gives me hope. I have no idea if the contest is over yet or not, but good luck, and enjoy your renewed interest in MOCing!

Edited by mk6.12

The MOC to me is not that good at all, the head is really odd and i do not like the tail and i think you should make the tail shorter but the body is ok and that i think it need some work. The leg and arm need a lot of work and need less yellow.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 2 months later...