How to Remove Sharpie From BIONICLE Parts

Kanakalackin

I'd be careful. I can't find anything, but the way most people have found to get sharpie ink off is to use nail polish remover. This can literally dissolve the plastic. If I remember correctly sharpies are based with the same stuff that does that, meaning this could have the same effect.... But I'm not positive on this.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Now this will help a lot

Glad it can. :)

That's cool. Does it work with other colors? Like the metallic or the neon colored ones?

I haven't tested it on other colors.

Pretty good. I wonder if it works on a mask that has been completly sharpied in metallic silver? Though I did not read the disclaimer.

I have not tested other colors.

I wonder if that works with pencil, too...

Don't ask.

You can use a regular eraser to get pencil off.

I'd be careful. I can't find anything, but the way most people have found to get sharpie ink off is to use nail polish remover. This can literally dissolve the plastic. If I remember correctly sharpies are based with the same stuff that does that, meaning this could have the same effect.... But I'm not positive on this.

It does not. I've had sharpie on these pieces for months and there is not a single sign of weakness in them.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

If I remember correctly sharpies are based with the same stuff that does that...

No. Not the sharpie. The bug spray.

You just contradicted yourself dude.

As in they're based with the same stuff that dissolves plastic, so anything that dissolves the sharpie could in fact dissolve the plastic as well. I did not mean the sharpies would dissolve it. That is not a contradiction.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

If I remember correctly sharpies are based with the same stuff that does that...

No. Not the sharpie. The bug spray.

You just contradicted yourself dude.

As in they're based with the same stuff that dissolves plastic, so anything that dissolves the sharpie could in fact dissolve the plastic as well. I did not mean the sharpies would dissolve it. That is not a contradiction.

It's been several weeks since I removed the sharpie and the masks and prototype show no signs of deterioration or weakness.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

• 1 year later...