promo.jpg The Eater is a Hordika from my epic, "Journey of Takanuva - Technorealm". It is unknown how he became a Hordika, but it's colorfully depicted about the origins of it's name: the Matoran Universe inhabitants' anatomy is such that they have no stomaches. Instead if these organs they have a module that decomposes food into wholesome substance, that immediately distributes between all organic tissues. And so, Eater's module is enormously powerful: he can bite through a protosteel rod. Eater is a member of "The Black Toas" (or "The Black Ones"). Those are extremist group of those who do anything for the money and don't consider any laws. The Hordika has came to them because of it's animal devotion to evil and cruel woman Toa known as "Talon". As it was ascertained later, Talon was an alter-ego of Toa of Psionics named Aida. But Eater were devoted to Aide even after her liberation from mental barrier and her evil alter-ego. It has been still dedicated to this female Toa, but now his devotion has been supported and extended with charm aura that any of Toa of Psionics could emit. Eater's appearance has been described in the epic:

... truly huge creature. It was Hordika, the mutant, with two muscular beast legs. The right hand of it was ended with long blade-like claw, and the right was tridactylous, more massive and with big and sharp claws. Monster had oblong head, only one green eye covered with black plate and toothy maw with massive lower jaw and additional doubled jaw like snake's.

In current model only green eye hasn't been counted up. On the other hand it has some nice innovations, such as right Hydralisk-like hand, spine of blades and lower jaw, not so massive The model is lot higher and wider than other my MOCs. For example, Tavm's model has 23 cm in height, but Eater have a whole 28 cm. Also I wanna note the use of Makutas' Phantoka part as a sort of ribs on Eater's body. Moar pics:

pict0217_r.jpg pict0220_r.jpg pict0221_r.jpg pict0225_r.jpg pict0217_r.jpg pict0219_r.jpg pict0220_r.jpg pict0226_r.jpg pict0227_r.jpg

C&Cs are welcome, as usual! P.S.: I know about red pins, but black ones is over. T_T

Well, I'll start by saying that I really like the head design, and the torso looks well-built as well. Very good use of parts; I really like the spines on his back. However, it seems that the MOC is a bit too busy, for lack of a better word, particularly in the waist and legs. There's too many pins and axles exposed, I guess would describe it fairly accurately. Also, it doesn't seem to me that double-jointed legs work well in this MOC. In my opinion, you'd be better served to give him regular legs and focus on making them look more "muscular" as your epic describes him. :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

However, it seems that the MOC is a bit too busy, for lack of a better word, particularly in the waist and legs.

I don't think that I am understood you correctly. Could you explain?

There's too many pins and axles exposed, I guess would describe it fairly accurately.

Can't say does it good or bad. =)

Also, it doesn't seem to me that double-jointed legs work well in this MOC. In my opinion, you'd be better served to give him regular legs and focus on making them look more "muscular" as your epic describes him.

Actually, he has beast-like legs. And original Eater's model had them. So I've tried to expand them for good. =) Thanks alot! Edited by Artem K