Which Matoran would you like to see as a toa?

Maybe more romantic, two Toas in love, on different missions, ah, the drama!

I thought characters in the MU couldn't fall in love, or at least romantic love.

Got a source on that? I've always thought Macku/Hewkii and Jaller/Hahli was canon, despite how much I want to ship Jaller and Takua.

Not really. It's just something I've heard multiple times.

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

I'd also like to see Macku a toa just to see Hewkii's reaction.

^This

Sadly romance is non-canon so it would not be as funny as you'd like to imagine :I

Ahkmou was going to be a Toa of Shadow, but that was cancelled. I think it would be awesome if that had happened.

What? He was going to? I really want that, it'd be awesome. But I think what makes Ahkmou so evil and hateable is because he's selfish, I'm not sure how much he'd do as a Toa of Shadows, would he be with BoM or would he just go around and do bad stuff. Like he goes into a bar and knocks people out of his way to get his soda, or maybe he'd open up a shop that sells illegal items and when people point it out, they die.

I'd also like to see Macku a toa just to see Hewkii's reaction.

^This

Sadly romance is non-canon so it would not be as funny as you'd like to imagine :I

Ahkmou was going to be a Toa of Shadow, but that was cancelled. I think it would be awesome if that had happened.

What? He was going to? I really want that, it'd be awesome. But I think what makes Ahkmou so evil and hateable is because he's selfish, I'm not sure how much he'd do as a Toa of Shadows, would he be with BoM or would he just go around and do bad stuff. Like he goes into a bar and knocks people out of his way to get his soda, or maybe he'd open up a shop that sells illegal items and when people point it out, they die.

Yeah, there was going to be a Toa Ahkmou set in 2008, but LEGO replaced it with Takanuva. Interesting note, it was reflected in-story with Icarax originally going to Metru Nui to use a Shadow Leech on Ahkmou, but corrupted Takanuva instead.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

There's already so many Toa. We need more matoran!

There's no shortage of Matoran, but there is a shortage of named Matoran who have an active role in the storyline.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

There's already so many Toa.

Not really. If I remember correctly there are only thirty or fewer Toa left alive by the end of the written canon. Contrast that with thousands and thousands of Matoran.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I thought characters in the MU couldn't fall in love, or at least romantic love.

Got a source on that? I've always thought Macku/Hewkii and Jaller/Hahli was canon, despite how much I want to ship Jaller and Takua.

2- I once asked you if matoran can have romantic feelings for each other, you said no. But BS01 says that they can have romantic feelings for each other. So is BS01 wrong?

2) BS01 is basing that off of the old online games, which featured hints of romance because the web producer at the time wanted them to. There is no romance in anything I have done for BIONICLE and as far as I am concerned, it does not exist for Matoran since it can't lead anywhere.

Not really. If I remember correctly there are only thirty or fewer Toa left alive by the end of the written canon. Contrast that with thousands and thousands of Matoran.

4) How many Toa are there still alive, not counting the shadow Takanuva? You’ve told there were 57, but three were shown dead in Journey’s End, and it could be assumed they were not the only ones to fall in the battle of Bara Magna.

4) Probably a little over 40

I think that powerjala is referring to how we don't see nearly as many Matoran doing crucial things in the story as we do Toa who change the course of events. He or she might know that there are actually many more Matoran than Toa in-story.

Official Greg Discussion said

2- I once asked you if matoran can have romantic feelings for each other, you said no. But BS01 says that they can have romantic feelings for each other. So is BS01 wrong?

2) BS01 is basing that off of the old online games, which featured hints of romance because the web producer at the time wanted them to. There is no romance in anything I have done for BIONICLE and as far as I am concerned, it does not exist for Matoran since it can't lead anywhere.

This is controversial for a lot of fans; even though romance is technically non-canon, there are strong indications, and not just hints, of romance in the MNOLG and MNOLG2. To name a few: Hewkii and Macku each have plush dolls of each other in their huts, Macku has a poster of Hewkii posing in her hut, and Jaller and Hahli are seen together during the 2002 Bohrok online animations. Despite the fact that the concept of romance wouldn't "lead anywhere" for Matoran, and there would have been no reason for the great beings to implant those thoughts in Matoran, it was clearly shown in 2001 and 2003, and has only been retconned since. Many fans wish that this were not the case.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 2

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All the talk of Ahkmou as Toa is really interesting, Shadow or otherwise. He's one of my favorite Matoran, and really woven into various arcs, with the Toa Metru's underground adventures and the Mata Nui deal. However, I immediately went to Macku as someone I wanted to become a Toa. As others have mentioned, it would be great to see her with Toa Hewkii, and also she rocks that noble mask of invisibility and I just really love the idea of her sneaking about all stealthy and whatnot. Obviously it would be great to have more female Toa in general ^^

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Onepu, he was kind of left in the dust. He was one of the McToran but Lego was like, "Well, we have this cooler, smarter and better looking Matoran coming in next year with a mech! Lets just forget about that guy."

Another would probably be Maku, because Maku+Hewkii.

Kopeke would be awesome as well.

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

In theory, Velika could, fairly simply, destine any Matoran to be a Toa, even after the launch of the GSR. Correct?

AAZZ.jpg

In theory, Velika could, fairly simply, destine any Matoran to be a Toa, even after the launch of the GSR. Correct?

It depends on how the "Toa destiny" system works. If it's a matter of protodermic destiny, then he might be able to "reprogram" it to become a Toa...

...but would he be able to do that without killing the Matoran? Anyway, he could probably bring them back...(is that why he was doing the Red Star, trying to get reviving equipment out of there?). But if there was a macro-system to take Toa energy and transform them into Toa, then Velika would have to build one of those and "install" it, which probably wouldn't be simple.

Possible, but not likely to be simple.

But don't forget that Jaller didn't end up with a Hau and Hahli with a Kaukau... the masks would not have beent he Company's original ones.

But you have to remember that whilst going to voya Nui, they got their old matoran kanohi taken by Karzanhi and (for instance) Jaller got his Hau replaced by a Calix,which got transformed into an organic form when the Red Star's lightning hit Jaller's canister when they got to Voya Nui , turning them into the Toa Inika.

We already saw an alternate vision of what the Nuhrii and the other Kanoka Matoran would be like as Toa but I would love to see that explored more to see how bad they were at team work. Although, Macku and Onepu deserve to be Toa after losing it to Hahli and Nuparu. XD

I'd like to see a Toa team of an assortment of matoran from Bionicle story arcs...

Kapura, because he was always the most puzzling yet awesome matoran for me

Radiak, as he was apparently a courageous warrior before getting Shadow-Leeched

Midak... seeing him deal with his powers and place on the team with his preference for light would be interesting....

Dalu, especially if she gets a more powerful version of her weapons,

... and anyone else I haven't mentioned from the Chronicler's Company