• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Fatal Wound

Titans and Monsters and Tahu oh my!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Funcle K.

Funcle K.
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,226 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 09 2013 - 10:18 PM

[color=#800000;]Fatal Wound[/color]

[color=#8b4513;]Titans and Monsters Entry[/color]

Posted Image

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]Behold:[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]Tahu stands back as the colossus stumbled towards him, stomach bubbling with[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]a green liquid that spills out in boiling chunks. He wonders if there are more of[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]these creatures, nightmarish titans erupting from the earth itself... He had lured it[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]far from the city, but in doing so abandoned his guard. He hopes the other Toa[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]are at least having an uneventful evening. [/color][/font]

Ugh I should not have waited until tonight to start.

Edited by Funcle K., Aug 09 2013 - 10:23 PM.

SignatureFullname2_zpsc17d42ac.jpg

#2 Offline Silverglass

Silverglass
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 09 2013 - 10:27 PM

Dang, that is beautiful! (Well not the guts-spilling-out part, ha ha.) I love what you did with Tahu's design there, too. A nice balance of set-design and something out of a sci-fi movie. *applause*

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” 
― J.R.R. Tolkien

#3 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 694 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 09 2013 - 10:33 PM

Welp, that's awesome. I like the sense of scale that you have here, really cements the whole "big" factor in the contest theme

#4 Offline Stroxx

Stroxx
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 79 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2013 - 02:36 AM

I always loved how some people could pull of a painterly style. All the colours look so fluid. 8D And the atmoshphere..

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

Onto the first chapter! And why yes! This is a COMIC! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8) Current: ..

#5 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,133 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2013 - 02:06 PM

I really like how Tahu looks here. Perfect blend of armor and biomech, and a cool pose. A tiny detail that might have been nice to add is to have the fire sword smoking a bit, since the blade is currently "off", but the giant bleeding titan makes that not necessary.Awesome picture.

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated February 2014: Added new attacks for Toa of Iron, Plant Life and Psionics!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#6 Offline Funcle K.

Funcle K.
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,226 posts

Posted Aug 13 2013 - 01:39 AM

Thanks those who made comments.

A tiny detail that might have been nice to add is to have the fire sword smoking a bit, since the blade is currently "off", but the giant bleeding titan makes that not necessary.

It probably doesn't even have enough juice left to warm up, let alone smoke or spark. It may be gas powered but there's absolutely nothing left after this fight... though one might be tempted to ask what's that glow far in the horizon. I always go overboard with effects and such so this time I did away with anything I felt was superficial and Tahu already has enough visual weight on the right side. Thanks for the suggestion though, I love comments like that. If you like this vote for it, that would be nice

SignatureFullname2_zpsc17d42ac.jpg

#7 Offline Torran

Torran
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 614 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 12:46 AM

That green fluid looks poisonous. Let's hope little Tahu there doesn't go through another Lerahk experience. Actually, let's hope he makes it out at all -- you have captured the spirit of this contest quite well in this piece of art. Fantastic work.

tumafest.jpg

#8 Offline Tahu Nuva 3.0

Tahu Nuva 3.0
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,623 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2013 - 06:05 AM

Big. Very big. I loved the skull-like design on the titan, and the whole wound dripping green liquid is amazing. But what really really made me love it is the design you did on Tahu. The way you design his back to incorporate the gear and kept him to his original set form is awesome.

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. The one I had since childhood was lost at sea (no joke). Please let me know if you have one. Will purchase/trade.

#9 Offline Smaug the Terrible

Smaug the Terrible
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Infiltrating

• 10,117 posts

Posted Nov 13 2013 - 08:15 AM

How on earth did I miss this one? Awesome work here! You know your colours, man! =)

smaugbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users