• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

"I bore you. For I am Nothing."

Makuta Teridax Vortex Mata 2001

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hidron Nuva

Hidron Nuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 05-February 08
  • 738 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2013 - 08:26 PM

"And out of Nothing, you came. And it is into Nothing that you will go".

I remember how scary Makuta looked the first time I saw him, at the end of the MNOG, when I was a child. His speech, the words he used... and then BAM, those tubes and the vortex made of pieces of other Toas (even if technically it's not canon), and Mangaia was so claustrophobic, and that music...When I made this drawing I wanted to represent, more than Makuta himself, the impression I got the first time I saw him.

makuta_vortex.jpg [Click the thumbnail]

I wanted him to look somehow disturbing, everything around the mask had to be chaotical and swirling while the Hau itself should remind some kind of idol. The point of view is the one of a Toa, so you see him from the bottom upwards (Google Translate don't fail me).

The original music should complete it quite well :D

This isn't exactly "my style", it was some kind of experiment. It was fun to draw though (colouring was a little less fun; I can upload the blank version if asked). Hope you like it, and in some way scares you. Feel free to leave a comment, tell me what you think ;)

Edited by Hidron Nuva, Dec 11 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Tahu gets ready -here_we_go_again.png

#2 Offline BlueFire

BlueFire
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 17-June 13
  • 425 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2013 - 10:13 PM

Oh man that's awesome it looks evil and liveing at the same time great job

#3 Offline SarracenianKaijin

SarracenianKaijin
  • Members
  • Toa

• 21-July 13
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 12:50 AM

It's so rare to see people draw fanart based on MNOG's Makuta.

This is fantastic man. Especially love the perspectives here and the blank white eyes for Makuta. More people should draw Makuta of MNOG.

hereheis.gif

--------------

Reach Heaven by Violence.

And while you are at it, see Bionicle characters as Magical Girls.

#4 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,200 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 07:25 AM

You did a very good job of focusing the vortex's chaos around the glowing center point. The black mask makes a nice contrast against what little light there is, and it brings out the threat of the darkness around it. This art shows pretty much what I felt about '01 Makuta as well. :)

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated August 2014:Boss fight with Makuta!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#5 Offline Stroxx

Stroxx
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 19-March 11
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 10:38 AM

It does bring back some good memories and your translator didn't fail you. The chaoticness and sketchiness of the pic makes it really atmospheric. =)

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

Onto the first chapter! And why yes! This is a COMIC! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8) Current: ..

#6 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,312 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 11:24 AM

This is one of the cooler things to grace the GA forum in recent days. It gets across the vibe of the MNOLG Makuta, but somehow you actually made it creepier and more demonic. Even if the MNOLG incarnation isn't canon (Why, Greg?!), this really ought to be.

sdadcomedy.png

#7 Online Fairy Paladin

Fairy Paladin
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 11-October 07
  • 4,091 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 11 2013 - 01:41 PM

Wow. The colouring is absolutely wonderful, both in terms of colour choice and execution; I'm particularly fond of the vines(?) swirling up towards the Hau. And I think overall this is the most fitting impression of the MNOLG Makuta ever - I too can relate to it.

#8 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,126 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 05:43 AM

[color=#990000;]I can imagine small kids getting nightmares from this. :P I like how the Hau is so tiny compared to the vines, it's somewhat...disturbing, but in a good way. :P Good job! :)[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#9 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,133 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 10:32 PM

Shadows, tentacle things, the Hau...more of Makuta's messed up mind getting everywhere. Good job capturing the effect on this piece. It looks great.

#10 Offline Biff

Biff
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-August 12
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2013 - 02:34 PM

Dude, that's intense.  It looks like a nightmare.  You definitely made it scary. ;)

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#11 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Aug 17 2013 - 01:29 PM

The abstract concept of the Makuta in 2001 was something that was unfortunately lost in 2003 when we saw him in BIONICLE: Mask of Light. This takes that concept and drives it up to eleven. The wild fury of the tentacles surrounding an unassuming Kanohi Hau is a masterful contrast that conveys exactly what Teridax intended when he approached the Toa Mata in that form. In short, I love it.

#12 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 10-December 04
  • 6,027 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 01:49 AM

Spectacular! Not quite the same as MNOG in my opinion, but scary and suiting for the Makuta nonetheless.

#13 Offline Toa TAK

Toa TAK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 17-October 06
  • 4,800 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 01:05 PM

[color=#0000cd;]This artwork is extremely twisted, dark, and foreboding. Exactly the vibes Makuta gave off during the confrontation between him and the Toa, and more importantly, we most of us saw him for the first time at a young age. Canon or not, to me, this is one of the definitive forms he had and you did a great job capturing and interpreting his first "physical" appearance.[/color]

[color=#0000cd;]TAK[/color]

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users