"I bore you. For I am Nothing."

Hidron Nuva

"And out of Nothing, you came. And it is into Nothing that you will go".

I remember how scary Makuta looked the first time I saw him, at the end of the MNOG, when I was a child. His speech, the words he used... and then BAM, those tubes and the vortex made of pieces of other Toas (even if technically it's not canon), and Mangaia was so claustrophobic, and that music...When I made this drawing I wanted to represent, more than Makuta himself, the impression I got the first time I saw him.

makuta_vortex.jpg [Click the thumbnail]

I wanted him to look somehow disturbing, everything around the mask had to be chaotical and swirling while the Hau itself should remind some kind of idol. The point of view is the one of a Toa, so you see him from the bottom upwards (Google Translate don't fail me).

The original music should complete it quite well :D

This isn't exactly "my style", it was some kind of experiment. It was fun to draw though (colouring was a little less fun; I can upload the blank version if asked). Hope you like it, and in some way scares you. Feel free to leave a comment, tell me what you think ;)

Edited by Hidron Nuva
  • Upvote 2

hidron_nuva_idea.png

You did a very good job of focusing the vortex's chaos around the glowing center point. The black mask makes a nice contrast against what little light there is, and it brings out the threat of the darkness around it. This art shows pretty much what I felt about '01 Makuta as well. :)

It does bring back some good memories and your translator didn't fail you. The chaoticness and sketchiness of the pic makes it really atmospheric. =)

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

This is one of the cooler things to grace the GA forum in recent days. It gets across the vibe of the MNOLG Makuta, but somehow you actually made it creepier and more demonic. Even if the MNOLG incarnation isn't canon (Why, Greg?!), this really ought to be.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I can imagine small kids getting nightmares from this. :P I like how the Hau is so tiny compared to the vines, it's somewhat...disturbing, but in a good way. :P Good job! :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The abstract concept of the Makuta in 2001 was something that was unfortunately lost in 2003 when we saw him in BIONICLE: Mask of Light. This takes that concept and drives it up to eleven. The wild fury of the tentacles surrounding an unassuming Kanohi Hau is a masterful contrast that conveys exactly what Teridax intended when he approached the Toa Mata in that form. In short, I love it.

How well will you die?

This artwork is extremely twisted, dark, and foreboding. Exactly the vibes Makuta gave off during the confrontation between him and the Toa, and more importantly, we most of us saw him for the first time at a young age. Canon or not, to me, this is one of the definitive forms he had and you did a great job capturing and interpreting his first "physical" appearance.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!