Makuta

Disciple

I absolutely love the callback to the original version while still doing something fresh. The whole MOC looks no more complicated than it needs to be: there are obviously more pieces in the legs for stability, but it's not trying to overcompensate for the lack of pieces on the arms. The tail and wings are just perfect. Almost makes the Makuta himself resemble one of his many Rahi minions from back in the day. The only thing I have in the way of criticism is that I think the staff could be just a little bit bulkier, perhaps using two Takanuva staffs like on the original set, but that could just be a personal preference. I do like that the blade is curved, though. It adds a sense of menace, in a way.

I think this is a pretty solid redesign of an older set, complete with some of the pieces it originally included. I have to admit, I've been a huge fan of revamps for a very long time, and it's really cool to see they're still a popular thing to do even after such a long time. I'm definitely excited to see what other MOCs you have in store for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies!

It's like if good old Teridax had prepared for the fight in Karda Nui while he had his 2003 armor, nice!

Now that you mention it, he looks a lot like "Teridax Phantoka." Thanks for pointing that out!

Wow! Nice MOC! I love Teridax MOCs, and your's is no exception! The wings and torso are great!

Thanks for commenting! The torso took a lot of trial-and-error, and I'm proud of how it turned out.

Awesome! And Congrats on ten years!

I love the use of the tail, the wings make him look more makutaish. Very good MOC, and many more.

Thanks! I was unsure if people would like the wings and tail, so I'm glad he fits your idea of how a Makuta should look.

I absolutely love the callback to the original version while still doing something fresh. The whole MOC looks no more complicated than it needs to be: there are obviously more pieces in the legs for stability, but it's not trying to overcompensate for the lack of pieces on the arms. The tail and wings are just perfect. Almost makes the Makuta himself resemble one of his many Rahi minions from back in the day. The only thing I have in the way of criticism is that I think the staff could be just a little bit bulkier, perhaps using two Takanuva staffs like on the original set, but that could just be a personal preference. I do like that the blade is curved, though. It adds a sense of menace, in a way.

I think this is a pretty solid redesign of an older set, complete with some of the pieces it originally included. I have to admit, I've been a huge fan of revamps for a very long time, and it's really cool to see they're still a popular thing to do even after such a long time. I'm definitely excited to see what other MOCs you have in store for the future.

Thanks for the feedback! You're right about the staff- the Brotherhood's leader deserves a bigger, beefier weapon. I have some ideas on how to improve it, so expect an update soon. I love revamps too; it's satisfying to take a known character and re-imagine them in your own way.

Sweet.

This is the best Teridax MOC I have seen in a while.

And yes, mk6.12 was right.

You should do more of them.

Best luck on your MOCs!

Ghidora131

Thanks for posting! I did a similar revamp of Bitil which I will be sharing soon, though I have just one photo of it.

Thanks again to all who shared their feedback!