• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BIONICLE Continued

BIONICLE HF

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,227 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hi guys, so I had the crazy idea of what the Toa Mata would look like with the HF building system.

Tahu/Jaller (Tahu: Add Ackar's flame sword, add old mata hand, add Stars Hau. Jaller: Add yellow Stars Hau.)

Pohatu/Hewkii (Pohatu: Add mata hands, add tan feet-additions, add modified Kakama. Hewkii: Add modified Kakama)

Onua/Onepu (Onua: Add black claws, add modified Pakari. Onepu: Add modified Pakari.)

Gali/Maku (Gali: Add hooks/switch fists for balljoints and add hooks, add modified KauKau. Maku: Add Modified Huna.)

Lewa/Kongu (Lewa: Add Air axe, Mata Hand, modified Miru. Kongu: Add modified Miru.)

Kopaka/Matoro (Kopaka: Add mata sword, add modified Akaku. Matoro: add modified Akaku.)

The masks that need modification refer to swapping out the circle-thing with a plus-rod.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll try to start a project on CUUSOO with this soon.

I am open to any C&C!

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#2 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 555 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 08:05 AM

To be quite honest, and I don't mean to offend you in any way, but I don't think that these would garner much support. They're not really original in any way. I'd much rather see more interesting characters or builds for that matter, but I wouldn't really like Bionicle to return in that style. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but that's what I think.

:tohu:

Recent MOC's:      Naval Commander Jaldamir    Sevla II    Octharius v The Chimera    Voxumo: The Shadow of Reality

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#3 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 885 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 08:51 AM

I actually just did the same exact thing in LDD, only with the Toa Nuva. :D  Your designs are awesome, but I agree with Mohamed that I don't think these will garner much support on Cuusoo, unfortunately. My reason is, all other BIONICLE Cuusoo projects like this one have failed. Cuusoo is too limited to have a "bring back BIONICLE" project on. The best thing we can do at this point is work on keeping the fan-base alive. 

#4 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,227 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 09:23 AM

This isn't a "bring back bionicle" topic, it's just an idea as to if LEGO were to manufacture some of the older sets for fun with the newer building system. It would provide some older colors that haven't been used in a while and open up new possibilities for MOCing.

#5 Offline mk7.13

mk7.13
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens

• 1,230 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 09:42 AM

This isn't a bad adaptation, to be honest. I think it's a bit of a stretch to try using only Hero Factory parts to recreate the Toa Mata, but I would fully support revamps the integrate the system. There are plenty of useful pieces in the HF line, many of which I've used myself in LDD to make some fun MOCs. The Matoran bodies don't work, to me, only because the legs seem too close together, but that seems like more of a technical limitation than a design flaw. Kudos for doing what you can with a limited parts selection, though. It's frustrating looking for just the right pieces, especially when they aren't included in the list. 

#6 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 655 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 09:55 AM

This somewhat sound like a good idea, it mostly what Lego will do if they Bring Back Bionicle but i think they not going to bring it back because Bionicle have it time and they need to have something new.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#7 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,835 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 09:59 AM

I have to agree with Mo on this one. Sorry Chris. (Although I have to say, I like your color choices.)

it's just an idea as to if LEGO were to manufacture some of the older sets for fun 

The problem is, Lego doesn't make products "for fun"...

#8 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,227 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 10:07 AM

it's just an idea as to if LEGO were to manufacture some of the older sets for fun 

Then what else are they for? :P

#9 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,828 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 12:34 PM

Then what else are they for? :P

Profit. :P

If sets won't drive a profit, they will not be made.

These are pretty interesting, but this just drives home my feelings that BIONICLE sets should not be represented in a purely HF building style.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak, Aug 14 2013 - 12:57 PM.

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#10 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 451 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 01:55 PM

These are nice, and I really do like these and would love to see them, but in all honesty people want new things. If you were to do even designs of characters without sets, that might get a bit more interest.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#11 Offline MrPerson

MrPerson
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 03:50 PM

To be quite honest, and I don't mean to offend you in any way, but I don't think that these would garner much support. They're not really original in any way. I'd much rather see more interesting characters or builds for that matter, but I wouldn't really like Bionicle to return in that style. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but that's what I think.

agreed. I mean, it's nice, but it doesn't have the same feel as the original bionicles

Mr. Person CptnJckBANANA.gif

#12 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 555 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm pretty sure they would make gazillions if they relaunched Bionicle. But seems to me that they never do what many people really want. But to be honest, I'm okay with it.

I mean let's face it. I want Bionicle back as much as the next guy. But clearly that's not going to happen in the near future. They had a good run- great, even-, but I don't think they have enough story to base things off. Unless they come up with a bigger story for what happens on Spherus Magna. That'd be interesting.

Recent MOC's:      Naval Commander Jaldamir    Sevla II    Octharius v The Chimera    Voxumo: The Shadow of Reality

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#13 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members

• 1,227 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 05:43 PM

Funny... I have one in mind... One that ties into HF...

#14 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 770 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 17 2013 - 11:52 PM

Eh, I really don't like the building style too much. Hero Factory style is so... meh... I liked complexer sets.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#15 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,835 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2013 - 05:22 PM

Funny... I have one in mind... One that ties into HF...

Having heard some details of said story, I must politely disagree with it. But now that you mention it, is that why you made these MOCs?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users