BIONICLE Continued

Hi guys, so I had the crazy idea of what the Toa Mata would look like with the HF building system.

Tahu/Jaller (Tahu: Add Ackar's flame sword, add old mata hand, add Stars Hau. Jaller: Add yellow Stars Hau.)

Pohatu/Hewkii (Pohatu: Add mata hands, add tan feet-additions, add modified Kakama. Hewkii: Add modified Kakama)

Onua/Onepu (Onua: Add black claws, add modified Pakari. Onepu: Add modified Pakari.)

Gali/Maku (Gali: Add hooks/switch fists for balljoints and add hooks, add modified KauKau. Maku: Add Modified Huna.)

Lewa/Kongu (Lewa: Add Air axe, Mata Hand, modified Miru. Kongu: Add modified Miru.)

Kopaka/Matoro (Kopaka: Add mata sword, add modified Akaku. Matoro: add modified Akaku.)

The masks that need modification refer to swapping out the circle-thing with a plus-rod.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll try to start a project on CUUSOO with this soon.

I am open to any C&C!

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

To be quite honest, and I don't mean to offend you in any way, but I don't think that these would garner much support. They're not really original in any way. I'd much rather see more interesting characters or builds for that matter, but I wouldn't really like Bionicle to return in that style. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but that's what I think.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I actually just did the same exact thing in LDD, only with the Toa Nuva. :D Your designs are awesome, but I agree with Mohamed that I don't think these will garner much support on Cuusoo, unfortunately. My reason is, all other BIONICLE Cuusoo projects like this one have failed. Cuusoo is too limited to have a "bring back BIONICLE" project on. The best thing we can do at this point is work on keeping the fan-base alive.

Bliss.png

This isn't a "bring back bionicle" topic, it's just an idea as to if LEGO were to manufacture some of the older sets for fun with the newer building system. It would provide some older colors that haven't been used in a while and open up new possibilities for MOCing.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

This isn't a bad adaptation, to be honest. I think it's a bit of a stretch to try using only Hero Factory parts to recreate the Toa Mata, but I would fully support revamps the integrate the system. There are plenty of useful pieces in the HF line, many of which I've used myself in LDD to make some fun MOCs. The Matoran bodies don't work, to me, only because the legs seem too close together, but that seems like more of a technical limitation than a design flaw. Kudos for doing what you can with a limited parts selection, though. It's frustrating looking for just the right pieces, especially when they aren't included in the list.

I have to agree with Mo on this one. Sorry Chris. (Although I have to say, I like your color choices.)

it's just an idea as to if LEGO were to manufacture some of the older sets for fun

The problem is, Lego doesn't make products "for fun"...

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

it's just an idea as to if LEGO were to manufacture some of the older sets for fun

The problem is, Lego doesn't make products "for fun"...

Then what else are they for? :P

Profit. :P

If sets won't drive a profit, they will not be made.

These are pretty interesting, but this just drives home my feelings that BIONICLE sets should not be represented in a purely HF building style.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

To be quite honest, and I don't mean to offend you in any way, but I don't think that these would garner much support. They're not really original in any way. I'd much rather see more interesting characters or builds for that matter, but I wouldn't really like Bionicle to return in that style. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but that's what I think.

agreed. I mean, it's nice, but it doesn't have the same feel as the original bionicles

:afro: :afro: :afro: 

I'm pretty sure they would make gazillions if they relaunched Bionicle. But seems to me that they never do what many people really want. But to be honest, I'm okay with it.

I mean let's face it. I want Bionicle back as much as the next guy. But clearly that's not going to happen in the near future. They had a good run- great, even-, but I don't think they have enough story to base things off. Unless they come up with a bigger story for what happens on Spherus Magna. That'd be interesting.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)