• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bumblebee #5 (I think)

LDD Transformers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline mk7.13

mk7.13
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 30-July 03
  • 1,231 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 10:31 AM

Man, it's been a while BBC. But I'm back, and ready to get back into it!

To start, here's a Bumblebee MOC I put together in LDD some time ago!

Bumblebee!

Torso Detail

Back

Gallery, when public

Feel free to check out my other MOCs in my gallery when it's public! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll get a chance to go to my parents' house and pick up all my old Legos so I can show off some real MOCs again. I think my passion has been reignited.

Enjoy! Comments, praise, and criticism appreciated!

Edited by mk6.12, Aug 14 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#2 Offline Sir Guurahk The Third

Sir Guurahk The Third
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 13-December 11
  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 10:34 AM

Holy heck! That looks just like Bumblebee. The TECHNIC pieces on the arms stick a bit too much though. 

And the question of the million dollars: does it transform? :P

-G u u R a h K

#3 Offline mk7.13

mk7.13
  • Premier Member

• 30-July 03
  • 1,231 posts

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yeah, those technic pieces made me a bit upset. They were absolutely perfect, but not bent at the right angle. And I only wish I had the patience to figure out the transformation mechanics. I once had a 2'x2'x2' fully-transformable MOC of Demolishor that I foolishly never took pictures of and subsequently sacrificed to my ill-fated, barely-finished Devastator MOC. I would attempt it again in LDD, but I had a hard enough time with just the arm and leg joints. Adding fifty more necessarily-moving parts would have made me crazy.

#4 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 11:01 AM

:OMG: This is incredible! A Bumblebee MOC! The level of detailing on this thing is incredible! And the face is extremely screen-acurate. Kudos to you! Now, do Megatron.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#5 Offline Draven

Draven
  • Members
  • Toa

• 05-May 12
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 11:04 AM

A lot of work definitely went into this MOC and definitely paid off. It resembles the character very well. Good job!

iyrxifQpSzX40.jpg

#6 Offline mk7.13

mk7.13
  • Premier Member

• 30-July 03
  • 1,231 posts

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 11:14 AM

:OMG: This is incredible! A Bumblebee MOC! The level of detailing on this thing is incredible! And the face is extremely screen-acurate. Kudos to you! Now, do Megatron.

Thanks! I've tried to outdo every previous incarnation of this particular MOC, and this one takes the cake, in my opinion. The best part about LDD is that I'm not limited by my lack of money or particular parts, which was always an issue IRL. Megatron has been on the to-do-list for many years, now. Barricade is next in my queue, however.

A lot of work definitely went into this MOC and definitely paid off. It resembles the character very well. Good job!

Thanks a bunch! I think I spent a total of 8-10 hours, maybe, just touching up and adding/subtracting parts, redesigning things from scratch, etc. I had a design for the chest that I completely scrapped and redid because it wasn't accurate, it looked too big, and I couldn't live with either of those. The curse of being a perfectionist, I guess.

#7 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 13-February 09
  • 589 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 05:13 PM

This is just. WOW! But I can't help but to think this guy needs more black on the skeleton. Don't you?

Recent MOC's:      Naval Commander Jaldamir    Sevla II    Octharius v The Chimera    Voxumo: The Shadow of Reality

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#8 Offline MrPerson

MrPerson
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 27-July 13
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 07:20 PM

*jaw drop to the floor*

How can anybody think of this as not awesome? Possibly?!

[color=#b22222;]Edit: Hey, uh, please try to leave more constructive feedback next time?[/color]

[color=#b22222;]-Wind-[/color]

Edited by -Windrider-, Aug 14 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Mr. Person CptnJckBANANA.gif

#9 Offline ghidora131

ghidora131
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Danish fish

• 21-June 13
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 10:36 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Wow. That is awesome.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I have looked at almost every bumblebee MOC on the web.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]There was nothing like this. Ever.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]And when will barricade be?[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Ghidora131[/font]

[url=The (supposed) quest for the mask of hype]

touch the sky
learn to fly
legends will carry us thousands of miles
Take a stand
hold the land
make sure that everyone's ready to win
Find the speed
all you need
team up for battle we fly, fly
And if we try
we can survive
all the way unto the end.

#10 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 10:45 PM

That is fantastic. You diserve a cookie. Seriously fantastic.

[color=#b22222;]Edit: Please be a little more specific in your review next time. : >[/color]

Edited by -Windrider-, Aug 14 2013 - 11:22 PM.

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#11 Offline mk7.13

mk7.13
  • Premier Member

• 30-July 03
  • 1,231 posts

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 08:03 PM

This is just. WOW! But I can't help but to think this guy needs more black on the skeleton. Don't you?

Oh, absolutely. I didn't realize that until just now, honestly, but by the time I was getting to the chest and the arms I had kind of gone through a change in building style, if that makes sense. I started off very single-minded and mostly sticking to certain colors, but as I moved upward I was more comfortable with using the standard black.

*jaw drop to the floor*

How can anybody think of this as not awesome? Possibly?!

[color=#b22222;]Edit: Hey, uh, please try to leave more constructive feedback next time?[/color]

Stahp, you're making me blush! To be honest, though, there are a few things I feel I could have done a bit differently, but once I was "finished" I stopped there, since I have a tendency to overdo things sometimes.

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Wow. That is awesome.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I have looked at almost every bumblebee MOC on the web.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]There was nothing like this. Ever.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]And when will barricade be?[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Ghidora131[/font]

That was a lot of my inspiration in making this. I searched around for a wide variety of Bumblebee MOCs and when I found none that looked the way I wanted it to - more specifically, none that looked quite movie-accurate - I decided to do another one. I had done a series of Bumblebee MOCs that were posted on the old BZP forums a few years back, but this one just blows them all out of the water. And as for Barricade? I'm hoping to have that one done in maybe a week or two, just depending on stuff like work and school.

That is fantastic. You diserve a cookie. Seriously fantastic.

[color=#b22222;]Edit: Please be a little more specific in your review next time. : >[/color]

Cookies are great, and I'm glad you liked it!

#12 Online Gukko Lord

Gukko Lord
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 14-October 14
  • 744 posts

Posted Nov 12 2014 - 09:36 PM

You never fail to impress, man. Keep up the good work!

Check out my comedy, Kongu and Keetongu, here: http://www.bzpower.c...u-and-keetongu/

Poster coming soon!

#13 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,361 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 12 2014 - 10:06 PM

Please do not post in topics over sixty days old.
Thread closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users