T&M! Comics Semifinal Poll

T&M! Comics Semifinal Poll   

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Comics Semifinal PollTitans and Monsters: Attack on BZ Koro! ContestComics Semifinals Voting begins August 16th and ends August 19th at 11:59 pm EDT.-> The winning entry from the Comics Semifinals will enter the Finals.Final Voting begins August 22nd and ends August 23rd at 11:59 pm EDT.Results will be posted on August 25th in a new topic in General Discussion.===============================1. >>> Attak on BioniclesEntry 1 has been disqualified. The BZPower Rules state, "Respect your fellow members." The use of Greg Farshtey's likeness and quotes is in poor taste and disrespectful. I know if someone had used my face, or made me a character in their comic without asking my permission first, I'd be upset and want it removed. Greg is a person, and even if you don't like what he did with the story or don't like his writing style that doesn't mean he should be villainized.2. entry.png_thumb.jpg >>> The Phantom Terror and His League of Dimwits!3. opolisinvaded128.png >>> Opolis Invaded4. tvmthumbnail.png >>> Mech Vs. Monster5. >>> Mighty Morphin' Entry 5 has been disqualified. The BZPower Rules state, "BZPower does not condone discrimination or intolerance." This comic contained a racist joke that is not appropriate for BZP.Please recall - the purpose of being able to post in a poll is to discuss who you voted for and why. It is not a place to talk about disqualified entries. It is not a place to argue or tell someone they are wrong for voting in a particular manner. It is not a place to discuss the content of the entries and whether or not the style or anything along those lines is legitimate. It is certainly not a place to use slurs and other inappropriate language. If anyone is found violating the above, they will lose Proto and have their posting privileges suspended.

I ended up voting for #4, because while its graphical effects were not nearly as good as #3's, overall I enjoyed it more taking all the other factors into consideration. #2 wasn't BAD, persay, it just felt a bit lacking in the plot and visual departments.

Best of luck to everyone!

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I'm torn. I personally think the graphics of #3 and the way in which that was done are the best of the bunch, but the fact that it's not actually resolved.

That being said, entry #4 actually ends properly and is fairly entertaining, so it gets my vote.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

I'm torn. I personally think the graphics of #3 and the way in which that was done are the best of the bunch, but the fact that it's not actually resolved.

That being said, entry #4 actually ends properly and is fairly entertaining, so it gets my vote.

Same reason why I voted for 4, I felt that it was properly resolved in the end.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I ended up voting for 3. I like the crisp look of it along with the well done newspaper panel. Over all it won me over, but the other two are nice as well.

Good luck in the finals guys!

sig.png

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Null vote.

As I had stated in the previous topic, none of these had any impact on me. I'm left more confused than humored by them. I recognize none of the characters yet the comics seemingly expect the reader to know them to at least some degree (this was where Attak on Bionicles stood out to me) and all that's recognizable is the all too familiar tropes that pervade the comic forum. Whether it's mediocre dialogue, meaningless photoshopped graphics, or confusing plots, it's nothing I haven't seen before time and time and time and time and time again.

However, I did very much enjoy the birds-eye perspective shot in Mech vs. Monster but that alone is not good enough to grab my vote.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Null vote.

As I had stated in the previous topic, none of these had any impact on me. I'm left more confused than humored by them. I recognize none of the characters yet the comics seemingly expect the reader to know them to at least some degree (this was where Attak on Bionicles stood out to me) and all that's recognizable is the all too familiar tropes that pervade the comic forum. Whether it's mediocre dialogue, meaningless photoshopped graphics, or confusing plots, it's nothing I haven't seen before time and time and time and time and time again.

However, I did very much enjoy the birds-eye perspective shot in Mech vs. Monster but that alone is not good enough to grab my vote.

Same here pretty much

To be bluntly honest the fact that the Entry 2 is even a candidate here is kind of baffling to me. Like, quality aside, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the theme of the contest beyond literally mentioning the contest itself (the name of which it even manages to get wrong, by the way). It's just 10 panels of sprites, only one of which was even recolored from the default Rayg 2.5 sheet, pasted onto a solid brown background, and that strikes me as kind of lazy for something meant to be entered into a contest. Maybe if the writing was exceptionally brilliant and hilarious I wouldn't mind, but... yeah

Entry 3 at least looks like a reasonable degree of effort was put into the visuals, but outside of the rather creative newspaper thing at the beginning, nothing about it really stands out from the countless other BZP comics that use this style. The writing isn't cringeworthy or anything, which is more than can be said about most comics, but nothing about it struck me as particularly good either. I also felt like I was missing some important context regarding the characters and world, which really limited my ability to enjoy it. If I HAD to pick an entry, this one would get my vote, but it's still just too unremarkable by my standards for me to really feel good about voting for it

Entry 4 once again deserves credit for the fact that effort was clearly put into it, and the unusual panel structure is an admirable attempt to distance it from the ArtIII standard, although it still starts to feel a bit formulaic. Another apparent attempt at originality is the use of hand-drawn (well, realistically probably mouse-drawn) art to depict the monster. However, the art itself is kind of sloppy and the style is so awkwardly different from the sprites that it ultimately does more harm than good to the comic. Additionally, some of the text is kind of hard to read - and like the other two entries, what I could read just honestly wasn't all that funny or interesting

I'd like to be more positive about this, because none of the entries are TERRIBLE or anything, but I still feel like ArtIII is basically my home subforum on BZP, and this isn't how I want to see it represented in the first site-wide contest. The winning entry should represent the best of BZP comics, and instead all of these seem to represent (to varying degrees) the subforum's current rather depressing state of perpetual mediocrity

Edited by Lime Paradox

RksnKgM.jpg

So I was a little late posting this to the other polls (unfortunately), but hey. We recently did a coverage of (most) of this contest that included FCG, Comics, BBC, and Artwork. We recorded it quite late and decided if we discussed stories it would take far too long. The omission of music and movies, however, was an error which I'm sorry about. ;_;

You can find it here.

Comics starts at 04:52.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.