I talked with the owner of the Platinum Avohkii

Yesterday, I talked with the current owner of the platinum Kanohi Avohkii. He has a store in Santa Rosa, California. He said that the old owner came into the store one day, and said that he had a lego piece that was very valuable. He sold it to the current owner right then and there. I did not see the mask, it is at the person's house, but I did see the MOC on which it was displayed in the ebay listing. Nothing significant, but I thought you guys might possibly be interested.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the owner told me that the original owner (Chase) lives in Santa Rosa.

Edited by Great Being Velika

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Actually, I and a couple of friends saw the Platinum Avohkii at the Bricks by the Bay LEGO convention last Sunday in San Jose, CA. Completely missed until a BZP attendee told us that it was there :D The MOC you were talking of was also there by the case.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thirdeye88/9529700475/

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

You're quite the lucky fellow for having met the owner. Too bad you didn't have the funds necessary to get it for yourself!

I was only $17,480 short, too!

wait a second! you were near the owner, and you didn't, I dunno, kill him and claim the mask?

/jk

He said that he kept the mask at his house, so if I killed him, I would get nothing except for arrested :P

EDIT: I noticed that jk

Edited by Great Being Velika

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

wait a second! you were near the owner, and you didn't, I dunno, kill him and claim the mask?

/jk

Well guess what

That's illegal.

:P

So? You get a Platinum Avohkii out of it.

Right. Then go to pirson for murder. And get your Avohkii confiscated. XD

Pfft. Only you pathetic amateurs get caught.

By a lucky coincidence that I wasn't trying for, I stumbled across the guy's flickr, which was also impossibile to find!

If you guys saw pics from BBTB, he was the guy who made the giant blue spider. Turns out he's also the guy who has the avohkii!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100307179@N05/9518641295/

He's not really active there, I think he just uses flickr to upload pics somewhere else... but where I don't know. He also doesn't name his pictures, add them to groups, or do anything community related on flickr! D:

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

By a lucky coincidence that I wasn't trying for, I stumbled across the guy's flickr, which was also impossibile to find!

If you guys saw pics from BBTB, he was the guy who made the giant blue spider. Turns out he's also the guy who has the avohkii!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100307179@N05/9518641295/

He's not really active there, I think he just uses flickr to upload pics somewhere else... but where I don't know. He also doesn't name his pictures, add them to groups, or do anything community related on flickr! D:

It does make me feel good to know that the mask is in the hands of a fan (and a MOCist, at that) rather than someone who doesn't value it.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It does make me feel good to know that the mask is in the hands of a fan (and a MOCist, at that) rather than someone who doesn't value it.

Well tbh, that moc he made with it is... lackluster...

I mean I would have at least liked to see it be a takanuva moc. But it's not even gold.

It honestly doesn't matter to me whether their MOCing skills are top-tier or not. What pleases me about it is that it's currently in the hands of someone who understands its significance and value, being either a fan or former fan. It would be a nightmare if it ever ended up in the hands of someone who cared more for the value of the raw platinum in it than for the symbolic value of the mask itself.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

/jk

Well guess what

That's illegal.

Are you an expert psycho? :P

-G u u R a h K

/jk

Well guess what

That's illegal.

Are you an expert psycho? :P

Is there a such thing?

This topic escalated quickly.

It's just getting started.

Just what I like to hear...

By the way, do we know who owns the Gold Haus?

I was going to make a rational, coherent post pertaining to the topic at hand, but frankly now I just want to make it clear to the government agents reading this thread that none of us actually want to kill people and please don't send anyone to prison.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

This topic escalated quickly.

It's just getting started.

Just what I like to hear... By the way, do we know who owns the Gold Haus?

Obviously the rational thing to do is to formulate a murder plan.

I'm still getting the hang of BZPower's refined rules, so I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure it is in violation the fine print of Topic 4, Section H or something like that to formulate a murder plan on BZPower, so I'm gonna advise we don't do this.

I was going to make a rational, coherent post pertaining to the topic at hand, but frankly now I just want to make it clear to the government agents reading this thread that none of us actually want to kill people and please don't send anyone to prison.

-Tyler

See? Government, I have no intention of killing anyone on this website, or anywhere else in the world. Except for the spiders that enter my living quarters. Those creeps must all die.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti