RPGers and Writers, Who Was Your First Character?

Mr. House

Mine was a Fe-Toa, named named with quite some imagination Metack. Posted on a RPG called The Gate.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

As far as BZPower goes?

A male Vortixx named Krios, for the BZPRPG 2013 arc. A quick-witted, 'lone wolf'-type professional gambler, currently involved in a diving expedition to the ruins of his homeland, Xa-Koro.

That's not inspired by Thane Krios, is it?

Toa Kayn! Toa of Ice & Earth. He is in a struggle to keep the Kanohi Vahi in order :P

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Okajo, a Su-Matoran that looks like a Ta-Matoran, still in use in the current BZPRPG 2013 arc.

Used him in the miserable epic I made when I joined BZP.

Wasn't the first to appear in said epic, but was the main focus of it, so I consider him the first one I made.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Oh, my first character? Funny you should ask...The first RP character I ever made was Will Volune, for a game called "Platania" on another forum. Unfortunately, the forum is long dead now, and the RP itself doesn't even exist anymore. He used a sword and energy generation powers in combat, the latter of which he had to keep secret from the metahuman-persecuting government he worked for. He was quite fun to write for - the RP died off far too quickly for my liking.The first RP character I made here on BZP was actually a De-Matoran designed for the BZPRPG. However, the end of the 2012 arc was (allegedly) coming soon, so I ended up not using him at all. The first RP character still (sort of) in use on these forums would be Glacio, a Toa of Ice also made for the BZPRPG who I created for the 2013 arc.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

As far as stories go, the first characters I wrote about were all canon. The first character I invented on my own was Tunaka, a Po-Matoran cart driver.

As for like the one RPG I was in, I think the name was Xyron, who was an evil air and earth user whose name began with an X. :P

:music:

I'm pretty sure that the first non-canon character I played as or wrote about was Velox, a Toa of Electricity. I used him in the BZPRPG back in '09, and wrote some (albeit horrible) short stories about him ~'07.

I think the first actual Bionicle character I wrote about was Vezok in an old comedy of mine, shortly after I joined.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Oh, gosh, you're asking for information from almost six years ago... :P

Hm... Literature-wise, I believe my first original character was Torith, a Toa of Fire with a Mask of Self-Duplication, and limited control over Magnetism as a result of Plot! in my own stories. I know the main reason I came up with him was because Slicer1234 (an old member, unfortunately no longer around) was writing a series of epics that made heavy use of guest characters, but I don't recall if Torith came about purely as a result of wanting to get involved or if I adapted him into Slicer's epic from the story plans I had already made. Regardless, it definitely spring-boarded me into my own BIONICLE stories. :P

As for RPGs--it was a human character, I know that much, but my memory is a bit iffy going that far back, so I'm not sure if it was my character in the old Harry Potter RPG or the one in S.W.A.R.M., neither of whose name I can recall. So, going instead off of those whose names I do remember, it would likely be Sleight from Rise of the Rockets, as he was the first character made during the game's development. ^_^

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Hmmm.... As far as Literature goes the first character I made would've been a horribly written Matoran of Magnetism named Nutaro (No I was not watching Naruto at the time. It just sprung into my mind :P). Shortly after that I wrote up profiles for two other characters personally, Toa Arrik, a Blacksmith turned Toa General, and Kini, A very ancient Turaga.

Kini changed back into a Toa and into various other Incarnations over time before I decided on him as my namesake. Most Incarnations in my stories (Which usually never get finished) see him as some kind of deity, so I don't RP with him much. And there's also the fact that he changes constantly.

Arrik was the first character I Roleplayed with, In fact I believe Lloyd's RPG "Night of Infinity" may have been my first RPG ever. In the RPG he aspired to command more than he did, eventually gaining command of an (Admittedly huge) capitol ship and Using it for exactly one battle before dying and life getting in the way.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

I think the first ever original fanfic character I created was my self-insert named Timongo, from my old comedy, My Bionicle Road Trip. He was a male Toa of Electricity wearing the Mask of All Masks (I think it was called that, but not sure) that allowed him to use any mask power he wanted. He also had a cool sword made of gold and silver, which is really impractical once you think about it.

He was the greatest character ever. Better than all of the characters mentioned in this topic, anyway :P .

As for RPG characters, I've never participated in an RPG before, so I haven't had to make any characters for one. Perhaps I will someday, but not today.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

My first BZPRPG character was Ferron: grizzled, elding, experienced Fe-Toa and former blacksmith/inventor. Not only did I have a lot of fun with him the last arc, but he's still around, too. Still like playing as him from time to time.

As for writing in general, my first fanmade bionicle character has to be Firox, Toa of Psionics/Jedi Master.

Yep, I'm that geeky.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

My first BZPRPG character was Ferron: grizzled, elding, experienced Fe-Toa and former blacksmith/inventor. Not only did I have a lot of fun with him the last arc, but he's still around, too. Still like playing as him from time to time.

As for writing in general, my first fanmade bionicle character has to be Firox, Toa of Psionics/Jedi Master.

Yep, I'm that geeky.

You're not the only one that's pulled the Psionics/Jedi stunt, or planned something close to it.

My first imaged Toa characters were part of a team called the Toa Spherus. This included Thornak, an overpowered Toa of Light, Axana, a Toa of Lightning who made Rahi, much like Makuta, and Hikari (aforementioned Jedi Toa). Of the three, Hikari and Axana have survived to the current BZPRPG with some different incarnations. Thornak could have an incarnation as a blue Toa of Light named Gamma if I ever join another RPG.

My first ever actual characters that I sat down and wrote something about, however? That probably dates back to when I wrote stuff about Neopets or even earlier, with mammalian characters from my elementary school years.

First BZPRPG character was Tapio, a Ko-Matoran bar assistant who never dreamed of any adventures but was involved in a great one with the time-travelling characters I created after that and still love the most: Henkka and Alex.

As for first Bionicle character in general, it would have to be Tapio again (later transforms many times until he ends up Toatapio Nuva), but in a completely different universe and setting, though Henkka and Alex are involved in that as well. The entire HT story saga is based on Tapio in a way. This happened long before me joining the BZPRPG.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

My first Bionicle character that I ever wrote about was simply named 'The Agori.' He was part of the Iron Tribe on Spherus Magna. He was tragic character in that he fell in love with someone, but she didn't feel the same way about him, so he killed her in his anger. I didn't give him a name because I wanted to tell a story that stated that any Agori, and by that extent anyone in general, could be brought to this particular Agori's mindset. To this day I consider it the best story I've ever written.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 3 months later...

I think it would've been Rerus in the BZPRPG, which then lead to he and Jarkale meeting Ignitus, Ignitus starting to remember Torren, and eventually the creation of the Red Star Voyagers.:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Rakaru, some fire toa person of forever ago and my original BZP namesake (before i discovered Makaru, Kakaru, and i'm like 99% sure there was a Sakaru).

He was the product of my fifth grader brain. (and never used ever again because hnnnng so terrible).

Obviously, my BZP namesake with an incredibly creative origin. Then at some point in 2009 (?) I decided to write down her backstory which turned out to be oh-so-dramatic and not-kinda-glorified-self-insert-at-all. Okay, maybe all that annoys me is the fact that I wrote it at the tender age of 14 (or 15), never finished it and that it really needs an overhaul because there are some good ideas. ^^"

As for the BZPRPG, it was Zyron, a Le-matoran with some hints of backstory who then met the love of his life and lost her again shortly thereafter. :D I miss him a lot.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)