Comics Voting Update

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the way things were handled in regards to the first comics semifinal poll. To say that the situation there escalated completely out of hand is a gross understatement. It made me angry and then depressed, not to mention that I was also sick, out of town, and trying to plan a bridal shower for my sister. I feel that my decision to disqualify the comics in question was hasty, and made at a very bad time. However, I'm so thankful to Black Six and Tufi for stepping in, offering suggestions, and handling the situation as I requested, since I could not. The choice was in no way theirs; it was my call.

I am revoking the decision to disqualify the comics by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen and Nicholas Cage. At this point, though, the second poll has already run and the winner there has no doubt had their hopes raised, and rightfully so. To launch yet another comics poll is out of the question. At this point, I feel the best choice is to let the winning comics from both polls advance to the finals. This means Entry #1 (Attak on Bionicles) and Entry #4 (Mech Vs. Monster) will both be winning a semifinal prize and competing alongside the other winners in the final poll. Princess Grr has graciously donated some money to cover the cost of the additional prize.

Please be aware that, if Entry #5 (Mighty Morphin') had won the previous poll, it would be the comic advancing to the finals. I understand that the poll was closed early, but given the trend in voting, I do feel that Entry #1 would have come out on top had the voting run its full course. This decision was not made based on any staff bias for one entry over the other. However, if Eljay would like, I am planning to offer him a custom member title due to my error.

Another thing I would like to address before I close is the absolute lack of respect that was shown to entrants, staff, and other members in the first comics poll and certain entry topics. When a staff member tells you to stop, you stop. People were called down no less than 3 times in that topic, but still the arguments and blows persisted. That poll was not the place to share your concerns over the integrity and/or morals of the entries in question. In the future, please PM a staff member, report, or PM the creator if you have an issue. This is in regards to both Entry #1 and Entry #5. The elitist attitudes expressed over entries "not accurately representing the comics forum" and generally not being "quality enough" is disgusting. It is an attitude that I recognize often on BZPower (not to mention the rest of the internet), and when it is within my areas of moderation, I do not tolerate it.

I have decided not to go back and deal with those who crossed lines, since I would just like to set this issue down and move on now. However. If you had a hand in continuing the arguments and/or insulting the entrants and their works, I think it would be respectful of you to personally apologize to those who you disrespected. I cannot make anyone do this, but I do advise it.

I hope that the people involved will understand this change and the reasoning behind it. Again, I am sorry for how things transpired and hope to use this situation to make better decisions in the future. I'm looking forward to the final poll and the outcome of the contest, and hope that everyone else will participate in the voting and excitement. Thank you!