• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Instructions: costum head for 2001-2003 masks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 15-February 09
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 09:41 AM

So, what if you have more masks (collected from all those little bags) than heads to put them on, but do have ample enough pieces to make a character?

Or, what if you have only heads from AFTER 2003, lots of star/agori/av matoran bodies but 2001-2003 heads aren't compatible?

Took me some figuring out, and since I haven't seen anything similar, here is the solution:

http://youtu.be/EbMDXr2MM_4

Enjoy!

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#2 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Pretty OK

• 28-January 10
  • 1,316 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 10:45 AM

There have been a lot of pretty good solutions, mostly developed on a MOC-by-MOC basis.  But this is actually pretty clever.  It's a great, sturdy, non-piece-intensive solution.  It's nice that it doesn't require any system pieces.

Posted Image

#3 Offline Dragon.star

Dragon.star
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 16-February 13
  • 2,444 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 10:49 AM

That looks quite interesting, might try it sometime.

#4 Offline Ghidora131

Ghidora131
  • Members
  • The Danish fish

• 21-June 13
  • 6,321 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 10:52 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sweet![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I do have to say your animation on the hand piece was not as spiffy,[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]But all in all, Congratulations.[/font]

end1.png

#5 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 15-June 12
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 11:15 AM

That's awesome, great design, and the fact that you can interchange between socket and ball was a great addition!

I'll probably use this at some point; though I will want to tinker with it, because I think that finding a solution that doesn't use thin liftarms would be better! I'll be sure to credit you though :)

Btw, why did you use blender? LDD has all those parts, and has its own animated instruction software built in (at least last time I checked).

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#6 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 15-February 09
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2013 - 07:39 AM

There have been a lot of pretty good solutions, mostly developed on a MOC-by-MOC basis.  But this is actually pretty clever.  It's a great, sturdy, non-piece-intensive solution.  It's nice that it doesn't require any system pieces.

I know, I was just frustrated that I had this Miru Nuva and I couldn't use it for anything! So I spent a day on crunching the problem  ^_^

That looks quite interesting, might try it sometime.

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sweet![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I do have to say your animation on the hand piece was not as spiffy,[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]But all in all, Congratulations.[/font]

A well, I'm not yet perfect when it comes to animation and the such. Thanks though  ^_^

That's awesome, great design, and the fact that you can interchange between socket and ball was a great addition!

I'll probably use this at some point; though I will want to tinker with it, because I think that finding a solution that doesn't use thin liftarms would be better! I'll be sure to credit you though :)

Btw, why did you use blender? LDD has all those parts, and has its own animated instruction software built in (at least last time I checked).

This was the only designe I could come up with that would fit with most masks without having to modify the basis everytime. I was actually surprised how little wobble those liftarms gave though, you have a higher chance of the mask dropping of then those things wobbling too much  :P

LDD has bionicle parts now!?  :blink:  I haven't checked up on LDD since...... well since 2007  :ninja:

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

#7 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 15-June 12
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2013 - 08:10 AM

This was the only designe I could come up with that would fit with most masks without having to modify the basis everytime. I was actually surprised how little wobble those liftarms gave though, you have a higher chance of the mask dropping of then those things wobbling too much  :P

LDD has bionicle parts now!?  :blink:  I haven't checked up on LDD since...... well since 2007  :ninja:

Haha yeah, well they mostly only have the bionicle parts that were used in HF villains, and a few other more important parts... hopefully in the future, they'll eventually add all the parts, so we can start using mata masks and such!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#8 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 15-February 09
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2013 - 10:07 AM

Haha yeah, well they mostly only have the bionicle parts that were used in HF villains, and a few other more important parts... hopefully in the future, they'll eventually add all the parts, so we can start using mata masks and such!

I guess I'll keep to modelling in Blenderb then, it would also give me the possability to use them part for other things...

-Leonard of Quirm

#9 Offline Tomaku

Tomaku
  • Members
  • Toa

• 14-October 11
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2013 - 05:03 PM

This is an okay solution, very similar to mine. When I get my MOC back from brickfair I'll show you mine.

Edited by Tomaku, Aug 22 2013 - 05:05 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users