• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Instructions: costum head for 2001-2003 masks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 275 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 09:41 AM

So, what if you have more masks (collected from all those little bags) than heads to put them on, but do have ample enough pieces to make a character?

Or, what if you have only heads from AFTER 2003, lots of star/agori/av matoran bodies but 2001-2003 heads aren't compatible?

Took me some figuring out, and since I haven't seen anything similar, here is the solution:

http://youtu.be/EbMDXr2MM_4

Enjoy!

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#2 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 10:45 AM

There have been a lot of pretty good solutions, mostly developed on a MOC-by-MOC basis.  But this is actually pretty clever.  It's a great, sturdy, non-piece-intensive solution.  It's nice that it doesn't require any system pieces.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#3 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,822 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 10:49 AM

That looks quite interesting, might try it sometime.

#4 Offline ghidora131

ghidora131
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 10:52 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sweet![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I do have to say your animation on the hand piece was not as spiffy,[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]But all in all, Congratulations.[/font]

Ghidora131

Makuta of Japanese monsters that destroy everything

#5 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 126 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2013 - 11:15 AM

That's awesome, great design, and the fact that you can interchange between socket and ball was a great addition!

I'll probably use this at some point; though I will want to tinker with it, because I think that finding a solution that doesn't use thin liftarms would be better! I'll be sure to credit you though :)

Btw, why did you use blender? LDD has all those parts, and has its own animated instruction software built in (at least last time I checked).

Posted Image

#6 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 275 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2013 - 07:39 AM

There have been a lot of pretty good solutions, mostly developed on a MOC-by-MOC basis.  But this is actually pretty clever.  It's a great, sturdy, non-piece-intensive solution.  It's nice that it doesn't require any system pieces.

I know, I was just frustrated that I had this Miru Nuva and I couldn't use it for anything! So I spent a day on crunching the problem  ^_^

That looks quite interesting, might try it sometime.

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Sweet![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I do have to say your animation on the hand piece was not as spiffy,[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]But all in all, Congratulations.[/font]

A well, I'm not yet perfect when it comes to animation and the such. Thanks though  ^_^

That's awesome, great design, and the fact that you can interchange between socket and ball was a great addition!

I'll probably use this at some point; though I will want to tinker with it, because I think that finding a solution that doesn't use thin liftarms would be better! I'll be sure to credit you though :)

Btw, why did you use blender? LDD has all those parts, and has its own animated instruction software built in (at least last time I checked).

This was the only designe I could come up with that would fit with most masks without having to modify the basis everytime. I was actually surprised how little wobble those liftarms gave though, you have a higher chance of the mask dropping of then those things wobbling too much  :P

LDD has bionicle parts now!?  :blink:  I haven't checked up on LDD since...... well since 2007  :ninja:

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

#7 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 126 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2013 - 08:10 AM

This was the only designe I could come up with that would fit with most masks without having to modify the basis everytime. I was actually surprised how little wobble those liftarms gave though, you have a higher chance of the mask dropping of then those things wobbling too much  :P

LDD has bionicle parts now!?  :blink:  I haven't checked up on LDD since...... well since 2007  :ninja:

Haha yeah, well they mostly only have the bionicle parts that were used in HF villains, and a few other more important parts... hopefully in the future, they'll eventually add all the parts, so we can start using mata masks and such!

Posted Image

#8 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 275 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2013 - 10:07 AM

Haha yeah, well they mostly only have the bionicle parts that were used in HF villains, and a few other more important parts... hopefully in the future, they'll eventually add all the parts, so we can start using mata masks and such!

I guess I'll keep to modelling in Blenderb then, it would also give me the possability to use them part for other things...

-Leonard of Quirm

#9 Offline Tomaku

Tomaku
  • Members
  • Toa

• 122 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2013 - 05:03 PM

This is an okay solution, very similar to mine. When I get my MOC back from brickfair I'll show you mine.

Edited by Tomaku, Aug 22 2013 - 05:05 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users