Instructions: costum head for 2001-2003 masks

Tattorack

So, what if you have more masks (collected from all those little bags) than heads to put them on, but do have ample enough pieces to make a character?

Or, what if you have only heads from AFTER 2003, lots of star/agori/av matoran bodies but 2001-2003 heads aren't compatible?

Took me some figuring out, and since I haven't seen anything similar, here is the solution:

http://youtu.be/EbMDXr2MM_4

Enjoy!

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

That's awesome, great design, and the fact that you can interchange between socket and ball was a great addition!

I'll probably use this at some point; though I will want to tinker with it, because I think that finding a solution that doesn't use thin liftarms would be better! I'll be sure to credit you though :)

Btw, why did you use blender? LDD has all those parts, and has its own animated instruction software built in (at least last time I checked).

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

There have been a lot of pretty good solutions, mostly developed on a MOC-by-MOC basis. But this is actually pretty clever. It's a great, sturdy, non-piece-intensive solution. It's nice that it doesn't require any system pieces.

I know, I was just frustrated that I had this Miru Nuva and I couldn't use it for anything! So I spent a day on crunching the problem ^_^

That looks quite interesting, might try it sometime.

Sweet!

I do have to say your animation on the hand piece was not as spiffy,

But all in all, Congratulations.

A well, I'm not yet perfect when it comes to animation and the such. Thanks though ^_^

That's awesome, great design, and the fact that you can interchange between socket and ball was a great addition!

I'll probably use this at some point; though I will want to tinker with it, because I think that finding a solution that doesn't use thin liftarms would be better! I'll be sure to credit you though :)

Btw, why did you use blender? LDD has all those parts, and has its own animated instruction software built in (at least last time I checked).

This was the only designe I could come up with that would fit with most masks without having to modify the basis everytime. I was actually surprised how little wobble those liftarms gave though, you have a higher chance of the mask dropping of then those things wobbling too much :P

LDD has bionicle parts now!? :blink: I haven't checked up on LDD since...... well since 2007 :ninja:

This was the only designe I could come up with that would fit with most masks without having to modify the basis everytime. I was actually surprised how little wobble those liftarms gave though, you have a higher chance of the mask dropping of then those things wobbling too much :P

LDD has bionicle parts now!? :blink: I haven't checked up on LDD since...... well since 2007 :ninja:

Haha yeah, well they mostly only have the bionicle parts that were used in HF villains, and a few other more important parts... hopefully in the future, they'll eventually add all the parts, so we can start using mata masks and such!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Haha yeah, well they mostly only have the bionicle parts that were used in HF villains, and a few other more important parts... hopefully in the future, they'll eventually add all the parts, so we can start using mata masks and such!

I guess I'll keep to modelling in Blenderb then, it would also give me the possability to use them part for other things...