Best HF Set for MOCs

If you mean parts, Dragon Bolt. He's got joint extenders, the small HF torso, lots of electricity pieces, yellow new HF head, and a bunch more great miscellaneous pieces.

EDIT: In response to below, yes, I love Witch Doctor, and he's sitting in a pile of parts under my bed. :D Stormer XL looks pretty good too, mostly for those 3 length double ball sockets that I have yet to see anywhere else, though I don't have him.

Edited by Click

Dragon Bolt is definitely a great one. Witch Doctor also has an excellent selection of parts, which makes sense because he's the only Hero Factory figure set at his price point. Most other sets that cost $30 or more have a big Technic vehicle full of parts that aren't as useful for action figure building. Really, any set that costs $20 or more can be pretty great, but those two in particular are a treasure trove of MOCing potential.

Witch doctor. All that technic...

Well, not just Technic but the fact that a lot of it is useful Technic for figure building. One of the disadvantages of vehicle sets like Jet Rocka, Drop Ship, and Speeda Demon is that a lot of their Technic comes in the form of angled liftarms and large panels that aren't conducive to a lot of figure building except at an extremely large scale. Witch Doctor uses a lot of smaller and more versatile Technic elements, and while most of them aren't in rare colors they're in sufficient quantities to make him an excellent parts pack.Also, he has a lot of ball joints and Y-joints that are useful for connecting Hero Factory and BIONICLE beams to Technic elements and vice-versa, whereas in sets like Jet Rocka and Speeda Demon the Technic-intensive and articulated parts of the build are pretty much entirely separate. It'd hard to build much with the parts of a vehicle set like Speeda Demon or Jet Rocka OTHER than a figure and a vehicle (and even then, I tried once to rebuild Speeda Demon's bike into a wheelchair, and it didn't go all that well).