My Version Of Takanuva

Garin

My First custom figure Post. Takauva has always been one of my most favorite Toa (Kopaka and Takanuva are tied as my favs). for the body I got the idea by seeing a custom by another person, however i did not have the same pieces used in the custom I saw, so I had to use my own creative building with parts i did have. DSC02090.jpgDSC02091.jpgDSC02092.jpg With arm that controls shadow:DSC02094.jpg With armor/mask coloration to Resemble Takanuva Stars:DSC02095.jpg and finally the hands, allowing a Huge range of movement, i have never seen anyone articulate the hands/wrists in this way, and i am rather pleased with how simple they are:DSC02097.jpgDSC02099.jpg i have also created Tahu and of course Kopaka in a extremely similar build.i hope you all like him. Update: only a few hours ago did i realize that Stars Takanuva has white shoulder armor, and white chest armor.i added the white shoulders and a little more white to the arms.i removed the visorak gold eyes and added white ones instead, taken from the Phantoka/Mistika Taknuva.and i have no white chest armor that would work, so i left it silver, and created some dual staffs similar to the stars figure.dunno how the colors compares to the all silver armor higher up that i said was stars. DSC02115.jpg Update: And more white in the upper arms. DSC02117.jpg

Edited by Garin

I really like this. The torso design seems familiar to me but I haven't seen a MoC for years so I truthfully have no idea if I've seen it elsewhere before. The wrists are cool too. Do they hold up okay? I'd think it could have the potential to be pretty loose and floppy. Maybe that was just my ball joints. The legs aren't really a game changer but they hold the MoC up and go with the color scheme so I don't see any issue. :P I've never been a fan of number ratings so I'll mix it up and rate it pretty awesome/10. Keep up the good work! Have you thought of other Toa remakes? EDIT: Oh my bad, Kopaka and Tahu were mentioned. Are you going to post them? Which version will they be?

Edited by Fresh Makuta of Bel-Air

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

the hands are pretty sturdy, although I had to go through different ball combinations before I could find a non floppy combination. I can post the others (Tahu, Kopaka), but i would have to wait till tomorrow to take pics of the others, check back tomorrow, or perhaps i should make individual posts?

Edited by Garin

Nice one. Simple, but effective build. I only suggest more care with the colors: the new gold don't go well at all with the rest, and you may want to cover up that black liftarm on the chest. Shoulders have a bit too grey, but I don't know how you could replace those with white... But overall, its good.

Edited by JohannDakitsch

The night is dark and full of terrors...

I really like this! The body is very nice and so are the arms. The legs are a bit too simple, but nice nonetheless. The Stars version is beautiful! My only major complaint are those Voya gold Visorak eyes. Compared to the darker, different gold of the rest, these stick out like sore thumbs. Once again, the body is very nice and greatly proportioned. About 8.5/10.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

i tried getting as much white into the arms as possible, but i did not have any other white pieces that would work, my Kopaka version has the same issues only he has even more grey (blegh!). i didnt want to complicate the legs, i was trying to make the figure as simple as possible, i did have more armor on the legs but i just didn't like it. He needed armor on his arms and the gold Visorak eyes were the only gold parts i had, i guess i could look for a white part instead, truthfully the gold doesn't bother me much.the black liftarm on the chest bothers me the most, but i did not have the correct length liftarm in white or any other color, my Takanuva, Tahu, and Kopaka have the black Liftarm witch bothers me greatly. i took pictures of Tahu, Kopaka, and a custom Pohatu (with a different body build), i will post them once i sort out the pics, check back later. Update: Here are the others:Kopaka, more grey than i want but i had to make 2 white primary colored Toa, and i did just not have enough white parts, shield is attached to his forearm and can swing around out of the way of his hand. DSC02102.jpg back is different from Takanuva so things could attach to his back (similar to the Phantoka/Mistika) to allow flight, where as with Takanuva all that attached to his back was his staff.DSC02103.jpg Skiing:DSC02104.jpg Tahu:Nothing special, i tried getting as much Mata red in as possible so his mask wouldn't look out of place and because of all the red metru parts i had to use, i also had to make different arms because i ran out of the elbow balljoints that Takanuva and Kopaka used. DSC02105.jpg DSC02107.jpg Pohatu:Unique body, i tried getting a mix of orange with the primary brown color, because I intended for him to use his orange Phantoka mask (witch I don't like).DSC02108.jpg DSC02109.jpg Photok mask:DSC02110.jpg the reason he has joints on his feet... for flight, I did not like the Phantoka Pohatu at all, sure it was a cool figure, but i did not think it fit Pohatu.i wanted his flight to be linked to his feet, i got the idea while watching Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Hermes flying shoes. DSC02111.jpg DSC02112.jpg I love Greek mythology. hope everyone likes 'em DSC02113.jpg

Edited by Garin
  • Upvote 1

Very neat! It's been ages since I've actually worked with any Bionicle sets, but these look very well-made.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Good job! I like the upper arms because they looks solid. Oh, and when I first saw this I was all like "hordika body" but then I saw it was Inika armor.

Edited by Plague

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P

I really like it! the torso is very nicely designed, with close shoulders like his original form. But those hands are no where near custom, everyone has done that. (I used them as Vortixx hands.)EDIT: I don't like it anymoar. You said you got inspiration for Pohatu from The Lightning Thief MOVIE. That movie made me puke. In the book: Hermes gave one pair of winged shoes to Luke, which he gave to Percy, which he immediately gave to Grover due to the fact that Zeus wouldn't like him in the air. And Luke wasn't supposed to die. He's a main character in all 5 books.

Edited by poutwuw

LlqByyh.png

I have to say, while you built Taka gold, he really shines when he is in his '10 form. The other MOCs are pretty good, but my only complaints are the seemingly random axles sticking out of their backs , and Pohatu's piraka torso, but other than that, pretty darn good over all.

I have to say, while you built Taka gold, he really shines when he is in his '10 form. The other MOCs are pretty good, but my only complaints are the seemingly random axles sticking out of their backs , and Pohatu's piraka torso, but other than that, pretty darn good over all.

the axles sticking out of their backs, is mostly because Kopaka was supposed to have wings that attached to the axles, in the end i really didn't care for the wings i created, and i left the axles there. I built Tahu to resemble Kopaka's body build because all the Toa Mata had the same body build (exept for Pohatu and Onua), and i wanted to keep it the same, that is why he has the axles on his back too, but they are shorter. as for Pohatu's piraka torso..... i thought it worked, and i didn't have anything brown to go in its place.

All of these are pretty cool! Gold TakaI don't really like the use of Voya gold and Metru Gold, but I suppose it would look bad without the armor. However, the lower torso is a bit bare. Twilight TakaYou should've made a whole gunmetal and black version. Stars Taka 1Nice! Like this one the best. Stars Taka 2Eh... The Hewkii swords don't really fit. TahuNeeds more orange, but the Metru Red works well. Can't say it really fits Tahu... PohatuEw! Ew! Ew! Piraka torso! Burn it! BURN IT! BURN STUFF!!!! Yeah, that was about the Piraka torso, but the overall MOC... it's ok, but not my favorite. 6 different colors don't really work well. KopakaNeeds more blue.