• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Thoughts on Kai's Fire Mech

Kais Fire Mech

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,180 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 05:53 PM

So, I'm thinking about buying Kai's Fire Mech sometime soon, and I'd like to know what to expect (i.e. MOCing pieces, playability, if it's practical, etc.)

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+|

#2 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well, I would say it is well worth it. It's just a cheap little set and a great way to get the new Ninjago swords and Kai's latest suit. The design is actually really good for a smaller set (even though I rebuilt mine into a dragon dropship :D) and posability is great.Piece-wise, it's pretty standard. The only things that shine are Kai's new suit, the (epic) new fire sword, the 3 angled 2x1 3-bar connector pieces (the claw attachments), 2 of the new upside down 2x2 flat pieces, Exo-Force 2x2x1 ball joint connectors, and assorted odds and ends. Really, I think it's worth it just for Kai and the fire blade.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#3 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,180 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm honestly really leaning towards the gold stuff. Kai and his sword look awesome too.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+|

#4 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, there's lots of gold. 3 ninja swords, 3 2x2 round plates, 5 1x1 slopes, 6 Exo-Force robot arms, 4 of the new Ninjago blades (the ones that look like night sticks), 1 gold telescope, 1 1x1x1 cone, 3 round 1x1 plates, and 2x2 round slopes. So, lots of gold. :D

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#5 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2013 - 08:32 PM

Bright Red 3M Hero Factory shells and Black 5M Hero Factory C-beams are not bad parts. The minifigures are excellent designs, and the fire blade is a very stylish weapon. The mech itself seems to have a decent range of articulation and a very stylish design — it's one of Mark Stafford's designs, and sometimes it seems like anything he touches turns to gold.I'd say if you can afford Kai's Fire Mech and aren't saving up for one of the larger Ninjago sets, go for it!

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users