Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

So...

Minecraft: Story Mode. Discuss.

I bought the game and it's... well, it's enjoyable enough, I suppose. It's certainly nothing special. The story is... okay, and the gameplay, well, barely exists, to be frank. My curiosity is peaked and I'm interested to see where they'll take the story in the next few episodes. I'm hopeful that it will become less cliche, but doubtful that it will actually happen.

I wish Petra could be saved at the end of the episode. I hate Axel and barely tolerate Olivia (who seem to be your only companion options to start Episode 2), find Lukas merely tolerable, and don't really know if I like Jesse yet. Petra is the most interesting of the bunch, being an actual experienced fighter and explorer, but oh well.

So...

I bought the game and it's... well, it's enjoyable enough, I suppose. It's certainly nothing special. The story is... okay, and the gameplay, well, barely exists, to be frank. My curiosity is peaked and I'm interested to see where they'll take the story in the next few episodes. I'm hopeful that it will become less cliche, but doubtful that it will actually happen.

I wish Petra could be saved at the end of the episode. I hate Axel and barely tolerate Olivia (who seem to be your only companion options to start Episode 2), find Lukas merely tolerable, and don't really know if I like Jesse yet. Petra is the most interesting of the bunch, being an actual experienced fighter and explorer, but oh well.

I didn't like Axel either, and Olivia can be a bit obnoxious. What I never understood, though, is why almost everyone I know absolutely hates Lukas. It's like, a character said "Lukas and his gang of jerks" and all the players automatically assumed Lukas was a complete butt and refused to realize he wasn't. Lukas himself was not that bad of a guy. Axel, on the other hand, just... they purposefully made the player dislike him, I bet. The unibrow really doesn't help the image of people who actually have one, but oh well. Petra was certainly the most interesting character, for sure, and Ivor is just an idiot. "Lel, I unleashed the apocalypse, oops, I can't contain it, lel, deal with it."

Yay for ranting.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

So...

I didn't like Axel either, and Olivia can be a bit obnoxious. What I never understood, though, is why almost everyone I know absolutely hates Lukas. It's like, a character said "Lukas and his gang of jerks" and all the players automatically assumed Lukas was a complete butt and refused to realize he wasn't. Lukas himself was not that bad of a guy. Axel, on the other hand, just... they purposefully made the player dislike him, I bet. The unibrow really doesn't help the image of people who actually have one, but oh well. Petra was certainly the most interesting character, for sure, and Ivor is just an idiot. "Lel, I unleashed the apocalypse, oops, I can't contain it, lel, deal with it."

Yay for ranting.

My issue with Lukas is that he's a bit inconsistent and rather lacking; I get that they're going for the "acts tough but is actually a coward" thing, but... there's not much else to him, and he seems to flip flop between the two in dangerous situations.

minecraft story mode sounds like the worst idea ever and i can't believe you people paid money for it

I myself have not played it, but I've watched someone else play it. I can still form opinions.

It actually didn't seem that terrible.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

As someone who doesn't have any interest in either Minecraft or anything from Telltale, M:SM really hasn't been on my radar at all. If it was Minecraft with a story mode, I might be interested, but it's current form doesn't really have anything for me.

As for new stuff I've been playing, I've really been enjoying Guitar Hero Live, the new guitar controller is a great change of pace from the standard controller based rhythm games I've been playing and even the old GH guitar from ages past. I like the tracklist, but I'm still not entirely sold on the first-person live-action FMVs running in the background, they feel kinda cheesy and antiquated, and they don't always get that huge concert feel right, but they don't really take away from the game and sometimes work out well.

minecraft story mode sounds like the worst idea ever and i can't believe you people paid money for it

I paid money for it because it piqued my interest??

sorry i didnt mean to sound judgey. i just think it sounds like a pretty shameless money grab

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

nahhh

nintendo maybe

telltale is just doing whatever they can to stay relevant and its only slightly. they hit a small niche with the first two walking dead episodes and now they're just trying to expand on it. it isn't nearly as shameful or manipulative as minecraft story mode.

Well, I guess riding on the back of a huge game is a bit different from their other stuff, since the entire audience already plays games.

Anyways, got Fallout: New Vegas recently, a few hours in and it's... Slow. Nothing really interesting happening yet, really hoping stuff gets interesting soon since I'm just focusing on main story quests and as such expecting a 10-15 hour run.

Well, I guess riding on the back of a huge game is a bit different from their other stuff, since the entire audience already plays games.

Anyways, got Fallout: New Vegas recently, a few hours in and it's... Slow. Nothing really interesting happening yet, really hoping stuff gets interesting soon since I'm just focusing on main story quests and as such expecting a 10-15 hour run.

That's not good. You need to explore as much as possible. Do all the side stuff you find. If you so much as think there's a quest-giver in the area, talk to him/her/it. You'll get the most fun out of the game like that. If you're focused on the main quest, things don't get real interesting 'till you get to Boulder City.

Also, if you're not doing side stuff, you're gonna hit a paywall. Literally. A giant wall you have to have 2000 caps to bypass. You don't have to pay 2000 caps, but you do have to have them.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I got NV pretty much because FO4 is right around the corner, I wanted to dip my toes into the series instead of blindly going into a new game.

I've never really been a side stuff person, it's just always kinda gotten in the way of progression for me. Even if it's stuff that can help out, I'm more of a fan of going straight to the end, and then doing extra stuff after.

Well, after a bit more time in Fallout, I'm starting to get into it. Definitely not a fan of Caesar's Legion, and I'm getting a bit more used to the combat. Despite the slow and kinda painful start, I'm starting to see something that looks good here.

The Legion sucks, but Caesar is really interesting as a character. Sadly, most of his character is only revealed in the Legion questline.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

The Legion is actually great, and definitely add a lot to the lore and gray moral choices of the game. Do you select NCR, who is 'morally good' and endorse pre-war values of democracy and justice, but are failing millions of people, have tons of enemies, and are ultimately a horrible choice to run New Vegas, or do you side with the Legion, who are 'morally evil', but have safe territories, plenty of resources and have healthy, happy citizens? 

I picked NCR though don't get me wrong. I can fix everything. Go America.

The Legion is actually great, and definitely add a lot to the lore and gray moral choices of the game. Do you select NCR, who is 'morally good' and endorse pre-war values of democracy and justice, but are failing millions of people, have tons of enemies, and are ultimately a horrible choice to run New Vegas, or do you side with the Legion, who are 'morally evil', but have safe territories, plenty of resources and have healthy, happy citizens?

I picked NCR though don't get me wrong. I can fix everything. Go America.

Of do you show with the "neutral" Mr House, current lord of New Vegas, or do you take a fourth option and betray everyone, using your robot army to rule Mojave as you see fit?

I always, always pick that last one.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

House is a weak option since. He says quite clearly his servants are very necessary yet he struggles to keep any in line and both of the people he does select screw him over and one of them kills him. Yes Man is a weird sort of option since it has the potential to end disastrously like House if you alienate everyone, but Yes Man with good ties to other factions in the area is probably the best outcome, with everything staying the same but the Courier running New Vegas.

Also, if you're not doing side stuff, you're gonna hit a paywall. Literally. A giant wall you have to have 2000 caps to bypass. You don't have to pay 2000 caps, but you do have to have them.

You actually fell for that? Just get an NCR uniform and get on the monorail. Once inside the first time you can walk through the regular gates as much as you want in any appearance that isn't hostile to the local factions.

And guys, you are all dealing with stuff worthy of spoiler tags (ending choices). Please use 'em. I have already been spoiled for the ending(s) of New Vegas and I'd like to make sure no one else has to go through the feeling of being cheated. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I got my Steam Controller yesterday. This thing is so cool! Couple of downsides, however.

• No vibration feedback. C'mon, it's the 2010's, every controller should have vibration feedback by now. Valve cannot do this, however , because where the vibrations are supposed to come from is where one puts the batteries, and the back buttons actually slide down and secure the batteries in place.
  • No rechargeable battery cell. Unlike the PS3 controller that I am so used to, this controller requires replaceable batteries. It says it can use rechargeable batteries, however, so maybe I should get some and see if when I plug the controller in via a USB port the batteries will recharge, or if I need to charge them separately. Plus side, Valve put in a a couple of duracell batteries with the controller package. Thanks guys!
  • Lack of controller support. This is bound to change withing the coming year, but there are barely any games that support the Steam Controller, so people have to make their own configurations. The two games i have that I think will be perfect for the controller are incapacitated: one needing a full reinstall, the other needs another update, and with my internet connection it'll be Christmas before I can try any of them out.

Other than it being different than the standard controller and thus needs getting used to, this controller is just awesome. :D

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

new vegas has been out four years, i think the time for spoiler tags is somewhat passed

-Tyler

Plenty of games came out far over five years ago and people still have yet to hear of them. Heck, people don't even seem to care about spoiling games as recent as Undertale.

Edited by Arzaki

From what I've seen, people are more likely to -not- spoil Undertale, and only talk about things -after- the person's played through it...

I have a friend who basically either assumed that I'd already played Undertale or assumed that I never would, and spoiled something. I've already completely forgotten what it was, so it's no huge loss, though he did reveal that my guess of the final boss of a genocide run was correct. Honestly, it's insanely obvious. Unless he was just kidding.

From what I've seen, people are more likely to -not- spoil Undertale, and only talk about things -after- the person's played through it...

I have a friend who basically either assumed that I'd already played Undertale or assumed that I never would, and spoiled something. I've already completely forgotten what it was, so it's no huge loss, though he did reveal that my guess of the final boss of a genocide run was correct. Honestly, it's insanely obvious. Unless he was just kidding.

Well I'd say your friend is an outlier. Seriously, like, from some of the communities I've seen, they tend to spoiler tag a lot of things, even though a vast majority of them have completed the game already. Of course, they don't all go rabid if something isn't spoiler tagged (though some will be upset for sure), but reminders and stuff are pretty common. They might also be fine with some stuff as long as it's out of context, clearly a spoiler through observation, or stuff like that. So a vast majority of the Undertale community believes it's best not to spoil new players, and spoiler tags or such are seen as a courtesy towards newer players. 

Honestly, the only reason I am able to talk about the game as freely as I am with my real-life friends is either cause they've also played the game or willingly chose to spoil it for themselves without me talking them into it. 

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Nintendo has also confirmed Cloud as smash DLC, never played any of the FF games but its a nice addition.

wat

I just

Cloud is only in like 4 games on Nintendo systems, 2 Kingdom Hearts games and the Theatrythm FF spinoffs, all the FF7 games are PS exclusive.

Well whatever, as a big FF7 fan I'm still really excited anyways.

Yes it did

Nintendo also just announced Twilight Princess HD

Well this is exciting!

Loved TP itself, but never finished it because I hated the motion controls. Looks like I'll finally get through this one!

You hated flicking your wrist occasionally?

Nintendo has also confirmed Cloud as smash DLC, never played any of the FF games but its a nice addition.

wat

I just

Cloud is only in like 4 games on Nintendo systems, 2 Kingdom Hearts games and the Theatrythm FF spinoffs, all the FF7 games are PS exclusive.

Well whatever, as a big FF7 fan I'm still really excited anyways.

snake was on even less consoles and he was in brawl. of course, the FFVII remake could find it's way to the Wii U/more likely the NX...though that depends on the remake not being PS4-exclusive forever.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

TP's motion controls just felt horribly gimmicky, especially compared to the GameCube version (which I played a few years before I got TP for the Wii, and I really liked that version).

And on Snake and Cloud in Smash, Snake was a main character in at least 3 games on Nintendo systems that I can think of, and was even more as a cameo character. All of Cloud's appearances have been cameos in non-FF7 games, and this is specifically va FF7 crossover.

Who knows, maybe this could lead to a FF7 Port on 3DS or WiiU. It's been ported to everything else under the sun, so why not?

I keep hearing the voices of the Imperial Guard units from Dawn of War: Dark Crusade in my head. I think I need help...

"So you need me now..."

No.

"It would appear that you require my skill!"

No!

"MY DEE-VOTION, IS ASHUURRRRED!"

No, go away!

"C'mon, we can take the heat. B-)  "

I said go away!

"Come men, it's time for WAR."

...What?

"You have the honor of serving ME now."

Uhh, how about: No.

"You heard the man! Hup-two! Hup-two hup-two hup-two hup-two hup-two!"

I said no, back off!

"If you will not be of use to ME then maybe you will have better use on THE FIRING LINE!!"

:eek:

"WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

:bigeek:

"Preparing orbital strike procedure!  :pilot:  "

Good bye! :rollaway:

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Yes it did

Well this is exciting!

Loved TP itself, but never finished it because I hated the motion controls. Looks like I'll finally get through this one!

yeah dude motion controls were a gimmick, not because they were hard to use but because they just weren't fun.

Yes it did

Well this is exciting!

yeah dude motion controls were a ###### gimmick, not because they were hard to use but because they just weren't fun.

I'd rather swing my wrist around than button mash something with my thumb about 50 times a second. But maybe that's just me.

I have discovered a game called Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. I've read reviews that praise the game. Has anyone here tried it out?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png