Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

I have discovered a game called Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. I've read reviews that praise the game. Has anyone here tried it out?

I have played Supreme Commander, but I haven't actually played Forged Alliance, which is a stand-alone expansion to Supreme Commander. From what I understand, however, the gameplay is largely the same. Since you seem to like slower strategy games on a fairly large scale, I think you'd like it. It's been a while since I last played it, but I remember enjoying it, even though it was just a little bit slow for me to play it very often. It's large, too; that is, the maps are huge. I don't remember the factions playing all that differently, but again, it's been a while since I've played it. About the only thing I can remember being different about Forge Alliance in regards to gameplay was the fact that nukes (or whatever they are called in-game) were nerfed. They take just as long to create/build, but they aren't anywhere near as powerful.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

I have discovered a game called Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. I've read reviews that praise the game. Has anyone here tried it out?

I have played Supreme Commander, but I haven't actually played Forged Alliance, which is a stand-alone expansion to Supreme Commander. From what I understand, however, the gameplay is largely the same. Since you seem to like slower strategy games on a fairly large scale, I think you'd like it. It's been a while since I last played it, but I remember enjoying it, even though it was just a little bit slow for me to play it very often. It's large, too; that is, the maps are huge. I don't remember the factions playing all that differently, but again, it's been a while since I've played it. About the only thing I can remember being different about Forge Alliance in regards to gameplay was the fact that nukes (or whatever they are called in-game) were nerfed. They take just as long to create/build, but they aren't anywhere near as powerful.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it. For story purposes, would you recommend that I get the first one first than?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Thanks dude, I appreciate it. For story purposes, would you recommend that I get the first one first than?

Honestly, I don't have the foggiest idea. I can't remember a thing from the story, and I certainly couldn't tell you if the two are even connected story-wise.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Yes it did

Nintendo also just announced Twilight Princess HD

I can barely see the improvement in graphics. Still, some things end up looking way better in gameplay, so I'll reserve my judgment.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Yes it did

I can barely see the improvement in graphics. Still, some things end up looking way better in gameplay, so I'll reserve my judgment.

It's easier to see with side-by-side comparisons, really. Models look a bit better, and textures are a good deal less muddy.

but it's somewhat difficult to tell without side-by-side. some things are much better looking without a side-by-side comparison (The zelda hair wrapping things come to mind) others are much harder to spot without a side-by-side.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Yes it did

It's easier to see with side-by-side comparisons, really. Models look a bit better, and textures are a good deal less muddy.

but it's somewhat difficult to tell without side-by-side. some things are much better looking without a side-by-side comparison (The zelda hair wrapping things come to mind) others are much harder to spot without a side-by-side.

This

I am hoping the graphics will be updated more before it releases but I'm also just excited to play Twilight Princess again so

So, who here makes UNDERTALE fan art other than me? Anyone?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Drawing isn't something everyone can do, but if I could I'd draw sooooo much fanart of different things.

Oh, btw, I've put up a blog post for Indivisible, a game I really want to see succeed! It's got pretty much two weeks left and I think around 443k left to make. So people who are interested in 2D Metroidvanias and Active-Time-Battle RPG combat, consider donating! If you can't, spread the word where you can. I'm sure it will be made so long as people stay determined!

(Also Ajna is a real cutie she's super cool and awesome and I really like her a ton)

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Wrapped up Undertale, got True Pacifist end.

Cute game- surprisingly solid. A bit too easy in terms of difficulty, I feel, though and I have a few gripes (ie, convenience options like a run button). But overall? Pretty enjoyable game.

Have you tried Hard Mode yet?

How to unlock Hard Mode (Undertale True Pacifist Spoilers)
To unlock Hard Mode, start a new game and name yourself Frisk. Start it up, and you should be good to go. However...
Spoielrs for the end of Hard Mode
...Hard mode only lasts the length of the demo, and probably won't be fully made due to Toby wanting to do other projects and a lot of people bugging him about it. It's unfortunate, but there's some slight, slight hope it might be made. Some day. Maybe. Don't count on it.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Cute game- surprisingly solid. A bit too easy in terms of difficulty, I feel, though and I have a few gripes (ie, convenience options like a run button). But overall? Pretty enjoyable game.

To unlock Hard Mode, start a new game and name yourself Frisk. Start it up, and you should be good to go. However...
...Hard mode only lasts the length of the demo, and probably won't be fully made due to Toby wanting to do other projects and a lot of people bugging him about it. It's unfortunate, but there's some slight, slight hope it might be made. Some day. Maybe. Don't count on it.

Nah, I didn't find out about Hard Mode until around... Mettaton, I think? Doesn't help about the backside, though.

I'll probably end up doing a Genocide Run soon after backing up my True Pacifist save. Don't feel like fiddling with the data to trigger the Gaster stuff that's been found.

hElbrZ6.gif

Nah, I didn't find out about Hard Mode until around... Mettaton, I think? Doesn't help about the backside, though.

I'll probably end up doing a Genocide Run soon after backing up my True Pacifist save. Don't feel like fiddling with the data to trigger the Gaster stuff that's been found.

Mhm, true. Well, hopefully you'll get some challenge out of what you do next at least.

I haven't fiddled with Gaster stuff yet either, I'm content with just looking online for that since I am not code-savvy at all.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I'm struggling with Vault 34 on fallout new Vegas, the constant radiation, high attack damage from the ghouls and general labyrinthine design of the level has got me running around like an idiot trying to figure out what to do.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Picked up Xenoblade Chronicles X today, loving the visuals and the world in general so far can't wait till I get a Skell and get into some serious fights.

Also interested in where the story goes, as I've kept myself in the dark so I could have a blind run of the game, can't wait for the weekend where I can destroy my social life and explore Mira at the same time.

I'm just ToaD

My Limited Edition of Xenoblade is arriving tomorrow, pretty excited for it. The first one was great, and the addition of a Sawano soundtrack and pilotable mechs seem like they'd just improve the game.

Also finished Fallout: New Vegas, it wasn't a really bad game, but I wasn't really big fan of it. Glad I gave it a try, though, and my $15 wasn't wasted.

I don't think I really like the addition of lyrics to the music in Xenoblade X. I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I've heard mixed things on Xenoblade X's  translation (mainly changing terms and names for no reason, changing 'Dolls' to 'Skells' supposedly for a meme, removing/simplifying the franchise's hallmark religious/psychological allusions, removing references to previous Xeno titles, etc), but I'm probably gonna pick up a copy when I get the cash.

Still need to play the copy of Xenoblade I got ages ago, though. Loved Xenogears, so I'll probably really enjoy it. Shame I couldn't get into Xenosaga, though.

hElbrZ6.gif

???

The doll to skell thing wasn't for a meme, it was because 'exo-skeleton'. >> (Plus, from what I've heard, the name change stuff was to make it actually, you know, flow better, since engrish is a common thing in names like that.)

• Upvote 1

I've heard mixed things on Xenoblade X's  translation (mainly changing terms and names for no reason, changing 'Dolls' to 'Skells' supposedly for a meme, removing/simplifying the franchise's hallmark religious/psychological allusions, removing references to previous Xeno titles, etc), but I'm probably gonna pick up a copy when I get the cash.

Still need to play the copy of Xenoblade I got ages ago, though. Loved Xenogears, so I'll probably really enjoy it. Shame I couldn't get into Xenosaga, though.

???

The doll to skell thing wasn't for a meme, it was because 'exo-skeleton'. >> (Plus, from what I've heard, the name change stuff was to make it actually, you know, flow better, since engrish is a common thing in names like that.)

^This

"Dolls" doesn't make much sense in most Western, English-speaking context since it doesn't bring forth the idea of advanced mecha...it brings the idea of small toys for children. The other changes were correcting ENGRISH in the japanese version (And those ENGRISH things were the religious references, if what I read is correct. Things like changing what the BLADE acronym stands for so it made sense rather than being random kinda-religious related words)

only "censored" things are making clothes nonskimpy on the 13 year old and removing a not-too-good looking boob slider...both of which aren't that big of a deal. Especially the boob slider. It wasn't good in the first place, and I have a feeling it was removed because either people would go "omg it's objectifying women boycott" or "we can't make it look better in time for release so we'll just remove it."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

So I was a bit worried Xenoblade Chronicles X wouldn't really feel a lot like Xenoblade, especially since everything's changed from the first game, but after a few hours, it does play very similar and I'm really enjoying it. However, the same cant be said for the soundtrack that came with the Limited Edition, while I like the music itself and the USB Stick it comes on (It's metal! and it lights up!), it's a DRM riddled mess, it edits registry files, makes drives and then hides them, and the music can't be moved off the stick without ripping it in a horribly roundabout way in iTunes or similar programs, and then you still have to fix the registry stuff it did. It's a nice stick, But I'd have just preferred a CD. Like every other soundtrack I've gotten with a game ever, except for the 1 or 2 times it was digital, which was even better.

So I was a bit worried Xenoblade Chronicles X wouldn't really feel a lot like Xenoblade, especially since everything's changed from the first game, but after a few hours, it does play very similar and I'm really enjoying it. However, the same cant be said for the soundtrack that came with the Limited Edition, while I like the music itself and the USB Stick it comes on (It's metal! and it lights up!), it's a DRM riddled mess, it edits registry files, makes drives and then hides them, and the music can't be moved off the stick without ripping it in a horribly roundabout way in iTunes or similar programs, and then you still have to fix the registry stuff it did. It's a nice stick, But I'd have just preferred a CD. Like every other soundtrack I've gotten with a game ever, except for the 1 or 2 times it was digital, which was even better.

Darn. I wanted that USB for the OST so I could put it elsewhere, but that DRM stuff does not sound fun at all. What a shame. guess i'll have to order the CDs from japan some time in the future, then.

at least it's a cool-looking flashdrive. Though how is the art book? Is it any good?

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Yeah, that mess is a bit... insane. =P But then again, given what company was dealing with that part, I'm not really all too surprised about it, since Sony's music department kinda has a bad reputation in that regard. >>

/EDIT: You know a topic's popular when you get ninja'd not once, but twice. xD

Edited by An/A Blade

The artbook is pretty nice, definitely one of the better ones I've gotten with a limited edition. It's got over 100 pages of cool concept art, and it's easily the best part of the LE package.

I'm also probably gonna get the CDs as well, might add them in with my next order from Amazon Japan. Might just end up formatting the USB and sticking the CD soundtrack on there, not only would it avoid DRM problems but it'd also be the full soundtrack, as opposed to ten songs.

How big a USB drive is it? Also, you might need to either have the steps to revert the changes on hand, or find a way to reformat it without your main computer... THough I'm not sure how the DRM activates, so it might be possible to format the drive without the DRM activating. =P

The artbook is pretty nice, definitely one of the better ones I've gotten with a limited edition. It's got over 100 pages of cool concept art, and it's easily the best part of the LE package.

I'm also probably gonna get the CDs as well, might add them in with my next order from Amazon Japan. Might just end up formatting the USB and sticking the CD soundtrack on there, not only would it avoid DRM problems but it'd also be the full soundtrack, as opposed to ten songs.

This makes me sad I wasn't able to snag special edition before it sold out, hah. Oh well.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Ahhh, looked into the meme thing last night. Turns out it was a hysteria based on a podcast, 8-4's spotty track record, and some of the text in the US version of Triforce Heroes- got an egg on my face, then, lol.

Heard the name 'Doll' ended up being relevant to the game's twist, though? Not sure. A bit bugged by some of the name changes, though, as minor as they are. Mainly 'Testament', a reference to Xenosaga, into 'Reclaimers'. The original BLADE acronym apparently references Xenoblade, but I'm not sure. I *think* Wels/Wels.CAIN got translated to 'Verus/Verus CAIN' in one of the videos I've seen, but again not sure, so take it with a grain of salt. I'll look into it a bit more later.

The removal of the slider, though- that was a completely harmless thing to change (especially in a create-a-character RPG), but eh, things happen. Could probably be patched in later.

>DRM on a soundtrack sample
Why. I wish more companies would take note from CD Projekt Red- DRM-free and toss in goodies like music CDs for first print copies. Gives a lot of good will.

Good to know the art book is good, though- love the art design for X.

Also, on the note of the Xeno series, has anyone else here played Xenogears? Probably one of the most well-written JRPGs ever, that. Shame about disc 2, though.

hElbrZ6.gif

I'm honestly not sure why memes are such an issue, anyway; if it's because of changing up things, maybe that makes sense, but it still just seems like complaining for the sense of complaining.

XBX spoilers beyond, don't read if not to a certain point:

Skell still works just as Doll does for the twist; for the exact same reasons. But the thing is, both names work better for the opposite thing. Skell is best for the mechs; Doll for the twist.

Also, I'm a bit iffy on it, but the v/w thing is... a bit of a stretch, since otherwise that's a 1-1 translation. (and, in fact, more so than the original, since the u wouldn't be pronounced, which is why it was left out of the earlier example.)

I don't really mind name changes, especially when it's in the interest of making things make more sense. "Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth" just seems better than "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator", IMO.

I've also gotta say that one of my favorite small bits of the game is Lin's Monado hairpins. Nice throwback to the previous game in the little details.

And I've yet to play Xenogears, might get it sometime on my Vita, although I'm not really lacking on JRPGS to get through at the moment. In addition to just getting Xenoblade, I also recently got back into Final Fantasy XII, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 3, and Persona Q, and I'm hoping to get back on track with Xenosaga sometime soon (which I haven't played in a few years, think I'm close to the end of the first one).

along with a huge weapons and class rebalance, and some additions to the armory. i'm more excited for the new pvp meta but sparrow racing sounds like it'll be fun to mess around with for a bit.

update: sparrow racing is really fun!

Edited by Archer Vonn

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Well, the Smash Presentation managed to get me really excited for Smash again. I really wasn't expecting them to top Cloud, but then they passed my expectations and announced Bayonetta, who I've wanted in this from the beginning (initially as "lol Bayonetta would be cool" and then it seemed a bit more possible when Bayonetta 2 was announced as a Nintendo exclusive), although I kinda have up any hope when Smash got an E10 Rating. The other announcements were cool as well (neat that we're getting someone from the upcoming Fire Emblem), but Bayonetta was really the big thing for me.

Bayonetta in smash? Doesn't Bayonetta go against, like, all of Nintendo's morals of not really having swearing or any form of suggestiveness?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Bayonetta in smash? Doesn't Bayonetta go against, like, all of Nintendo's morals of not really having swearing or any form of suggestiveness?

i mean, Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to the Wii U and it's...well

it's

yeah

so i'm honestly not all that surprised she got in? aside from the fact they managed to get her into an e10 game i mean. then again Bayonetta isn't the first character from an M-rated game that's been introduced to Smash.

1Ydp0mg.jpg