Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

he doesn't wanna play fallout man leave him alone

I don't know about you, but I'm sticking with the Xbox One. Not particularly a Sony fan,

which means you're a halo fan, the xbox brand has never had anything else worthwhile to its name, even if xbros pretend otherwise. and there's nothing wrong with liking halo. just dont be like, in denial about that.

Forza Motorsports, bro. If you own an Xbox and like racing games, not owning it is INADMISSIBLE.

But yeah Xbox doesn't have much else beside that

Meanwhile, Destiny.

Edited by The Dapper Man

Morally unambiguous.

I don't know about you, but I'm sticking with the Xbox One. Not particularly a Sony fan, but they sure make excellent flatscreen TV's.

which means you're a halo fan, the xbox brand has never had anything else worthwhile to its name, even if xbros pretend otherwise. and there's nothing wrong with liking halo. just dont be like, in denial about that.

Is there a problem liking Xboxes now? I don't simply play the Xbox because of Halo.

Why does it matter?

I thought -Windrider- made it clear to not start wars and to drop the issue?

Edited by MaliceGhost

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I considered downloading Fallout... but then I saw how terrible the graphics are.

I am very disappoint in you. Do graphics really mean everything? I mean, your signature indicates that you play Minecraft, which certainly doesn't look realistic at all.

You are "very disappoint" made me smile.

Well, I was mainly thinking about the second game - Fallout 2 has similarly shoddy graphics and it came out years later. I am certainly not a person to prize graphics over gameplay value, as I have all three Marathon games (even older than Fallout), the first two Halos, and, as you mentioned, Minecraft. That said, I watched a few videos of the early games and compared them to the modern Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, which dissuaded me completely. In addition, it just wasn't pleasant to look at. All dark, boring, grainy textures that even Marathon could outdo in variety and general aesthetic appeal. However, I feel that to completely disregard the graphics in a video game is just as bad as exclusively prizing them. If a video game looks good and is beautiful to look at as you play, then that is certainly a bonus.

Well, I can't argue with that. Graphics are not everything, but they are something. But there are very VERY few games I won't play because of the graphics, and those are normally just NES games that have such messy graphics that you cannot tell what's going on.

I'm personally much more concerned with the art style direction now than I have ever been in years. Probably has something to do with being disappointed by both Smash Bros. 4 and The Wind Waker HD's graphics within a few months. I just loved Brawl's dark and gritty look, and while the 3DS game has grown more appealing, the minute hacks are available, I'm retexturing everyone in the Wii U game to look more like Brawl. The Wind Waker was one of the few games that doesn't need any kind of HD upgrade anytime soon, and the newer lighting engine is just so not Wind Waker. It misses the original feel in my mind.

I've recently started Okami on PS2. Graphics are wonderful, but controlling that brush is a pain in the butt! It just NEVER goes where I want it to!

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

I guess I did not phrase my ideas in the best manner. I could simply put it as, "I don't like how it looks".

Ta-daa! That said, I get that my Marathon to Fallout comparison was not the best one to make.

I'm also pumped for Destiny. Still haven't pre-ordered it yet.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Graphics are the reason I never touch my Atari unless it's to play Pacman with my mom, and also the reason I gave up on Pokemon when Black and White came out. Also, if Final Fantasy VII wasn't, you know, Final Fantasy VII, I probably wouldn't have tried it five or so years ago. Because, as good a game it is, it looks absolutely horrid.

But enough about graphics!

I'm kinda iffy on not all of Destiny being completable in single player... Not a big fan of mandatory co-op online play to complete games (and thus I rarely play MMOs, and when I do, I solo).

Also, I got Time and Eternity today on impulse (it was on sale!) as I was walking home from college (I walk by my local FYE every day, so sometimes, I just need to go in and buy something random that I really don't need), and, despite all the bad reviews (most 5/10 or less), I still picked it up. I didn't really get worried until the person also handed me the Pre-order bonus soundtrack, which was a one-print item from the game's release... About half a year ago. I'm assuming that this is still the first copy they got, and I'm wondering, "What did I get myself into???"

I don't know about you, but I'm sticking with the Xbox One. Not particularly a Sony fan,

Forza Motorsports, bro. If you own an Xbox and like racing games, not owning it is INADMISSIBLE.

But yeah Xbox doesn't have much else beside that

Meanwhile, Destiny.

well there's Dead Rising 3, but that chugs at a frame rate in its teens and is apparently pretty a generic zombie game instead of the Romero homaging silliness of the first two (definitely not based off of Day of the Dead, no...).

How does Capcom even survive> I get that it's new hardware, of course it won't be perfect until a GOTY rerelease or a port to PS4 or something.

But there's no excuse for having awful, awful FPS like that. Nor is there a reason for ripping out the only thing interesting about the franchise in a glut of media from this neverending zombie fad.

hElbrZ6.gif

like i said earlier, dapper, forza's just another racing game. racing games are just like sports games are just like FPS. 9/10 are identical.

I really hope Bungie gets the Multi-Console release right.

i don't think this will be an issue. PS4 was the lead console and the team is familiar with xbox infastructure. that covers three out of the four platforms, leaving only PS3. it always got the buggier multiplats, though.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Yeah, Bungie will more than likely do very well on all of it, maybe not PS3 (though, like GoW said, ps3 usually got the short end of the stick on multiplats)

Though, if I'm getting any version, it'll be the 360 version. I have a 360, no need to buy a One or PS4. I don't care about graphics. I can't even use HDMI because I only have a tube TV. A big tube TV, but not HDMI-capable. so yeah

i'll stick with the 360 version, unless i magically get a ps4/xbone.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Yeah, Bungie will more than likely do very well on all of it, maybe not PS3 (though, like GoW said, ps3 usually got the short end of the stick on multiplats)

Though, if I'm getting any version, it'll be the 360 version. I have a 360, no need to buy a One or PS4. I don't care about graphics. I can't even use HDMI because I only have a tube TV. A big tube TV, but not HDMI-capable. so yeah

The PS4/Xbone ONLY support HDMI, hence the reason I'm not even considering either.

The PS4/Xbone ONLY support HDMI, hence the reason I'm not even considering either.

Wait, what? I didn't know this until just now.

Well, glad I at least have an HDTV. It wouldn't be fun to get a PS4 and find out it isn't compatible with your TV.

Wait, what? I didn't know this until just now.

Well, glad I at least have an HDTV. It wouldn't be fun to get a PS4 and find out it isn't compatible with your TV.

Yeah, they only have HDMI out. You could get a converter of some kind if you really had to. IDK, I have several HDTVs in my house, but the one on my primary gaming setup is a huge old box.

So, what games ya'll want to get for Christmas/Chanukah/Festivus/Whatever you celebrate (Holiday, fellow Pastafarians?) I'm hoping for both Conker's Bad Fur Day and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. With any luck, I will FINALLY buy that PS3 so I can play those PS3 games I have sitting in my desk.

In my family, my parents are either too lazy or too nice and thoughtful to buy me Christmas gifts. Instead, I say, "Hey Mom, I want such-and-such" and she says "Okay, go buy it" and then wraps it when it arrives. Thus far, I've bought myself the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition (minus codes) and Dawn of War II: Retribution. I actually got to keep the game itself for Reach when it arrived a couple weeks ago, but the rest of the bonus content awaits.

If I get money for Christmas, I would like to invest in the Steam Winter sale. I'm hoping that Space Marine and Counterstrike: Global Offensive go on sale.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

If I get any games for Christmas, I'll most likely get Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Pikmin 3. My mom doesn't like buying me any games that are above the E10 rating (even though I'm 18), so I'll have to buy those myself (with Christmas money, of course), planning on most likely getting 999, Virtue's Last Reward, the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, and maybe Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

ANYWAYS there was a Nintendo Direct today, here's what we got:

Hyrule Warriors (Looks pretty cool)

Yoshi's New Island coming 2014

New Chibi-Robo game coming to the 3DS eShop next month

New trailers and such for Bravely Default, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, and Wii Sports Club

NES Remix and Dr. Luigi announced

New Mario Kart 8 trailer (which pretty much confirms a day-one purchase for me)

Rosalina confirmed for Smash 4

And some more things that probably weren't as important.

Only game I asked for was Mass Effect Trilogy, since the copy I bought on Black Friday decided not to work.

Have you contacted Steam support? I've heard that they are pretty worthless, but it's worth a shot.

so i got shadow of the colossus

i get why people call it the greatest ps2 game of all time. i'm like 30 minutes into it and i get it

No, you don't. Trust me. You won't get it until after you've beaten it. Just NEVER use a guide, and don't look up ANYTHING spoiler related, and then you will get it after you beat it.

Only game I asked for was Mass Effect Trilogy, since the copy I bought on Black Friday decided not to work.

Have you contacted Steam support? I've heard that they are pretty worthless, but it's worth a shot.

Nah, I bought a used copy of the PS3 port since I can't run ME2 or 3 (and so I don't have to give EA money). It ended up being the only copy the store had by the time I returned it, so I just bought Ducktales HD and Aquapazza instead.

Whoever owned it before me had no idea how to treat a game. The discs were all scratched up and filthy, and the case was broken, which I didn't find out until I got it home.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DXetnIUVb7A

They brought back the Zelda Rap, oh my god.

Edited by iHodor

hElbrZ6.gif

i get why people call it the greatest ps2 game of all time. i'm like 30 minutes into it and i get it

No, you don't. Trust me. You won't get it until after you've beaten it. Just NEVER use a guide, and don't look up ANYTHING spoiler related, and then you will get it after you beat it.

do i seem like the type of person to use guides

no

anyway in addition to SotC i got uncharted 2 yesterday, too, spent a few hours playing that today, and i can sort of see the hype behind that as well. save a few flaws in level design (which happened in TLoU too) it's a very well made game and i'm very, very thoroughly enjoying it.

no

anyway in addition to SotC i got uncharted 2 yesterday, too, spent a few hours playing that today, and i can sort of see the hype behind that as well. save a few flaws in level design (which happened in TLoU too) it's a very well made game and i'm very, very thoroughly enjoying it.

Just don't. It for the best, no matter how frustrated you may get. It's hard to explain without giving away spoilers, but just don't use a guide.

I own Uncharted 2, too! It also has yet to be played!

ALERT! ALERT!

EERT! EERT!

Steam Holiday Sale 2013 is a go!

This means, buy the games while they're cheap - Counter-Strike, Batman, Just Cause, Bioshock, Dawn of War, many triple-A titles are at great prices.

That's like saying you're not buying a laptop because it doesn't have a CD Drive or a Floppy disc drive. Those technologies are outdated and there's better ways to transmit data nowadays.

I couldn't tell you the last time I used the old red/white/yellow cables once I got the newer 360, the quality of the graphics is so much better.

sb1.png

Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

That's like saying you're not buying a laptop because it doesn't have a CD Drive or a Floppy disc drive. Those technologies are outdated and there's better ways to transmit data nowadays.

I couldn't tell you the last time I used the old red/white/yellow cables once I got the newer 360, the quality of the graphics is so much better.

Yes, but there are, in fact people out there who don't yet use HDTVs.

Also, might check out the Steam sale, maybe there'll be something that interests me that also can run on my laptop.

no

Just don't. It for the best, no matter how frustrated you may get. It's hard to explain without giving away spoilers, but just don't use a guide.

I own Uncharted 2, too! It also has yet to be played!

the only game i've ever used a guide for (outside of like useless collectible hunting) was dark souls, and the only reason i did that was because i wanted to rush through it

anyway, moving on. what are some of your guys' favourite easter eggs in vidya? i think easter eggs are something sort of uncommon in modern games, except in those big, open world games, in which case it's weird calling them easter eggs.

Edited by The God of War

Competitive Smash Bros. player - I can sense down to 17ms of input lag, perhaps less, but I've not been tested with much less. Next down I've tested with is 10ms, which is negligible to me, but I can't find a big TV with only 10ms for a decent price. And before you call me out on faking or something, my sister and I didn't even know input lag was a thing until we tried to upgrade to an HDTV a year ago, and found it completely unusable.

anyway, moving on. what are some of your guys' favourite easter eggs in vidya? i think easter eggs are something sort of uncommon in modern games, except in those big, open world games, in which case it's weird calling them easter eggs.

I can't seem to think of many. They just kinda don't exist anymore :(

I don't have any, I've never gone hunting for easter eggs in any of my games.

Though I have seen one in one of the Fallout games (Either 1 or 2, don't remember which) where a TARDIS can appear...that's cool.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Just a quick FYI for Xbox Live Gold members - Gears of War is free until December 15th or 16th, so make sure to download that while you can.

ARGH!

Why did I not see this earlier...(sigh)

Currently, it's "Shoot Many Robots". Is this any good?

Easter Eggs... Weeeeelll...

• Scooter Brothers, GTA V
  • Rat Dens, Portal
  • Hijack-able Pelicans, Halo 4
  • Plunger Room, Fallout 3/NV, not sure which
  • Plot Easter Eggs (Mystery Man, Focusing Stone, Grand Scheme, Voices, Finding Samantha and then some), Nazi Zombies

I'm pretty sure the hijack-able pelicans is in Reach, not 4.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif