Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

That Nier game co-developed by Platinum sounds pretty cool.

I also loved the Kingdom hearts reveals, everyone was getting excited at the start, then it turned out to be the mobile game, and it seemed like people stopped caring. Then they showed KH3 gameplay (which looks pretty cool), and then people got hyped. I'm also liking Sora's new outfit.

Fallout 4 hype!

I only saw a little bit of the presentation, but I love the new character customizer, I love the new graphics, I love the way VATS works, I love the idea that 1000 different names were recorded so people can say my character's name, I love starting pre-war, I love customizable stuff, I love Dogmeat the Fourth...

HYPE!

The only bad things I can say are that the Vault elevator looks weird to me and the font they use for when you discover a new location looks squashed.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

good to see the last guardian, but i think they could've chosen a more exciting gameplay segment to debut. god of war 3 had the best e3 debut back in the day, an action packed adrenaline riddled segment right from the middle of the game. i know last guardian will be good but they could've sold it better.

the guerilla game i was really excited to see announced, since i was reading rumours about that and that the lead developer of new vegas was working with guerilla to make an RPG, but i don't know how i feel about it after seeing that trailer. gameplay looked really solid but the concept was silly and it looks like it's not an RPG at all, so i don't know if i'm really interested about it right now.

final fantasy 7 remake i'm annoyed about, because remakes are the most shameless of money grubbing but i always buy them anyway. if ff7 is as good as everyone says it is i'll buy it too.

the new call of duty looked like call of duty. also the guy that presented it was a weird mix of reggie and guy fieri, but he was still probably the best speaker they had during the whole conference.

no man's sky looks like it could be a smash hit or it could be a dud. i'm holding out judgement.

uncharted 4 actually looked really cool. that vehicle segment looked like something straight out of halo and halo's vehicles were super fun and i'm definitely more interested in uc4 than i was before. the shooting still looks sort of generic, though. 

i don't remember anything about battlefront because they presented that stupid looking disney miniclip whatever before it.

all in all, sony showed a ton of stuff. why was it so boring? they need better speakers, i think. some bonafide salesmen. now that it's basically over, though, i gotta say e3 this year didn't do anything for me. even fallout 4 was a little disappointing. what's happening to me? am i growing up? :/

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Really really big things for me: FF7 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Last Guardian

Big things: Starfox, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 5, Fire Emblem games

Cool stuff: Mario Maker, HoloLens, Deus Ex

Unsure stuff: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, World of Final Fantasy

Meh stuff: Zelda Triforce, Mario Tennis, pretty much everything else from Nintendo.

Bad stuff: anything involving Square Enix's mobile games.

Failure: Metroid Prime Federation. Seriously Nintendo, what the **** were you thinking that would possibly ever make this a good idea?

Basically my impressions of E3. I'm hoping that viewer reaction to Metroid causes Nintendo to unannounce it and announce a real Metroid (last I checked, the official trailer on YouTube had about 1.5K likes and over 16K dislikes), if they go through with this Metroid fans are gonna call Other M a fantastic game.

Also, the one non-Japanese thing from Square Enix that really interested me was Deus Ex. Don't know much about the series, but I liked the trailer. Ended up ordering Human Revolution on 360 from Amazon for about $15 from Amazon to give the series a try.

Edited by Terminus

final fantasy 7 remake i'm annoyed about, because remakes are the most shameless of money grubbing but i always buy them anyway. if ff7 is as good as everyone says it is i'll buy it too.

It's worth a play but it's not this elder-god tier game that people hype it as. It mostly gets that from the fact it was a lot of people's first (J)RPG.

hElbrZ6.gif

Bad stuff: anything involving Square Enix

Really really big things for me: FF7 Remake

i like that they were the first things in their respective lists lel

It's worth a play but it's not this elder-god tier game that people hype it as. 

what game is?

(fallout new vegas)

Edited by Archer Vonn

what game is?

(fallout new vegas)

Dorf Fort, I guess.

If you can figure out how to play it, at least. A bit like the gaming equivalent to Stockholm's Syndrome, I guess.

hElbrZ6.gif

what game is?

(fallout new vegas)

Dorf Fort, I guess.

If you can figure out how to play it, at least. A bit like the gaming equivalent to Stockholm's Syndrome, I guess.

In that you get addicted to a game you hate but it eventually grows on you?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Again, wow, so much not talking about Fo4.

Okay, as for the FFVII (pronounced fiff-VEE) remake, okay. Don't really care about FFVII, but if I get a PS4, I might try it out.

As for DX:MD; YEAH, BABY! WOOT WOOT! DX4!!!1!1!1!!111!1!!!

Starfox; Um... okay... Don't really care about Starfox, but it's nice to see Nintendo showing some love.

MP:FF; Um... what. Why, Nintendo, why? It was going so well till the Wii came out, then BAM! Super horrid Metroid game after super horrid Metroid game. Where's ol' Super Metroid, where's Metroid Prime? Get me some real Metroid, guys!

Dummies.

Fo4: HYPE.

DOOM: Didn't see it, but I hear it's supposed to be pretty good. I kinda liked Doom 3, but I wasn't a fan of Doom 1 or 2. I kinda hope it's similar to 3.

Dishonored 2: Heard it was announced, but don't really care.

KH3: HYPE.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Paper Jam has the potential to be awesome or to be the next Stic-(gets shot for almost mentioning that name)

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

i don't like that the conversations in fallout 4 look like mass effect. i also don't like the idea of a voiced protag since the protag in the demo seemed to have a really obnoxious action hero personality that i'm afraid is going to be forced down my throat and ultimately kill my roleplay experience. also, the protag's backstory is stupid. it was bad enough that fo3's protag was a family man and that was the driving force in the plot, this time i'm a proud papa whether i want to be or not. i'm also not a fan of the voice actor and since fallout has as much dialogue as it does, i doubt there are going to be very many options as far as protag voices are concerned.

Edited by Archer Vonn

i don't like that the conversations in fallout 4 look like mass effect. i also don't like the idea of a voiced protag since the protag in the demo seemed to have a really obnoxious action hero personality that i'm afraid is going to be forced down my throat and ultimately kill my roleplay experience. also, the protag's backstory is stupid. it was bad enough that fo3's protag was a family man and that was the driving force in the plot, this time i'm a proud papa whether i want to be or not. i'm also not a fan of the voice actor and since fallout has as much dialogue as it does, i doubt there are going to be very many options as far as protag voices are concerned.

Yeah, my big issue with FO4 is the voiced protagonist. I've always thought voiced Create-a-PC's were an absolutely awful idea- it inherently works against the experience of the player, since it's a fair bit more difficult to immerse yourself as the player. On top of this, it takes away cash that could've been used for NPCs' dialogue and other such things.

In that you get addicted to a game you hate but it eventually grows on you?

In a way, yeah. You know how most games have a learning curve?

Well, Dwarf Fortress has a learning cliff. That, after falling off of, you land into the learning pit-of-piranhas, and then get hit with the learning 18-wheel-mac-truck.

Great game though, once you get adjusted to it. Remember- losing is fun!

hElbrZ6.gif

Well, I got Deus Ex: Human Revolution today. Enjoying it so far, it kinda feels like Metal Gear, which is neat, I do like how you can choose how you want to play, I'm going the stealthy route and completely avoiding enemies. Overall I think I might like this one, once I get the controls down.

Thinking about getting Saints Row: Re-Elected. I wanna see what Scarlet Johansson looks like with improved graphics.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

343's treatment of Mickey and the Rookie was bad enough, but now Halo 5 will not have splitscreen co op. I may not yet join the haters but I shall no longer defend 343i from them.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

343 lost my respect a long time ago. Their actions have not been for the better of the franchise. Player counts have dropped drastically for 4 since launch, and I think the same thing will happen for 5. 

On an unrelated note: I personally am skeptical about Fallout 4. Bethesda's design philosophy for their RPGs is not that great. Don't preorder it, or any game for that matter.

• Upvote 1

AΨ 94

Hmm...I'm think about pre-ordering Until dawn, seeings as how that comes out in a couple of months. I need to get The Taken King Expansion/Collectors Edtion for Destiny as well. 

I'mma be broke before the year's over. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Don't forget the Master Chief Collection launch.

Oh Ya, the one that took like a month to fix.

They still haven't fixed it completely, AFAIK.

Man it is just a good time to be an xbox diehard, ain't it? Console is outclassed completely by the PS4, much less a PC, and every 'exclusive' seems to end up on Steam within a year.

Not to mention a sore lack of exclusive titles.

Edited by Hodor

hElbrZ6.gif

And from what I've seen of halo 5, it dosnt seem to be getting better any time soon.

The major flaw with the "xbone" is that almost every game on it can be either found on the 360 or on another platform, so there's no real push to get the "xbone".

The Xbox line has kinda always been a joke amongst hardcore gamers. But man, the Xbox One is lacking in the one aspect the line always succeeded in- PC ports and the best versions of multiplats. Since the PS4 more or less can gore the XBO with a pointy stick specwise, and both are essentially PCs running modified versions of Linux, there's no real advantage anymore.

The better versions of multiplats on console are on the PS4 now, since it's a fair bit more powerful hardware.

hElbrZ6.gif

I honestly miss my old Xbox. Though, I'll admit my PS4 is far superior. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The Xbox (classic and 360) always had one advantage over other platforms: Halo. 

xbox fans have always oversold how good halo actually is. if you step back and look at the series through unbiased eyes it's just a good game in a genre typically filled with bad games or games that are identical to each other.