Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

So, Sony had a decent press conference, not as good as last year, but still decent. Destiny, LittleBigPlanet 3, and Uncharted 4 were the really big things for me, and Infamous: First Light and the release date for Last of Us Remastered were cool too.

What really disappointed me was the Vita- absolutely nothing in the ways of any AAA Western titles (or anything, really), which I find kinda odd considering the claims that the Vita is a main pillar and the announcement of the PSTV. At this point, the Vita seems like it's exclusively pretty much just gonna be a niche Japanese gaming machine, and not the pocket PS3 with AAA games comparable to what's on consoles.

Star Fox Wii u has been leaked! They've been working on it for around six years apparently with a small team.now I'm even more hyped for their e3 video.

is this real life

is this a fantasy, a dream

is-is it possible

hold on guys crying tears of joy brb

STAIRFAX WOO

I really don't think The Last o f Us needs a remastering. Didn't it just come out last year? Ah well, it was a great game, so people who missed it the first time around can pick it up now to play it.

So pumped for Nintendo today!

Well, a lot of people jumped from 360 to PS4, and they missed out on what many are calling game of the generation, so TLOU on PS4 makes sense, at least if you're trying to sell it to those people. Plus, it'd also serve as a GOTY edition (personally, I think it should have been GOTY or GOTG instead of Remastered), so, uh, yeah.

Also, Star Fox? I'm down with that, now hoping something also happens with F-Zero as that's also been out of the picture for a while as well...

Well, I dunno 'bout you all, but I was pretty disappointed with Nintendo this year. SSB4 still looks awesome, but I feel we didn't get enough on it. Zelda HD was a game I was so hyped to see, and it made my eyeballs throw up with those graphics. And to be completely honest, the only other game I was interested in was Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, which didn't show up. So much disappointment.

On the bright side, there won't be a new generic Mario game this year (first time since 2008!), and Mario Maker looks pretty cool to me.

What is up with Link in the new Zelda? Looks like a badly-shaded character model from some PS3 JRPG.

... Whatever, I'm more excited for Hyrule Warriors. That game's right up my alley, and most likely a day-one purchase.

Anyways XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X. Totally looks just like an HD Xenosaga, which is fine with me. Pretty excited for this. Well, more than I already was.

And Smash for 3DS got pushed back... Which actually makes my kinda happy. I'd vastly prefer a simultaneous release, but getting it a month or two earlier than on Wii U is a lot better than half a year.

Bayonetta 2 still looks like it'll be good, and it'll be worth it alone for the fact that it includes the original (honestly that really surprised me, I was expecting the original on Wii U, but as a separate release a month or two before Bayonetta 2). Loving those Nintendo costumes.

And even though I really wanted SMTxFE to show up, I'm not surprised because of the giant mess that Atlus has been in for a while. I'd expect to see it at TGS, that's usually where Atlus shows their new stuff.

Also on a completely non-Nintendo-related note, Final Fantasy Type-0 is coming west on PS4 and XB1. Psyched because I never thought this would actually get over here, and this may also possibly hint towards more HD ports of FF games (mainly FF7:CC and Dissidia).

What? I thought Nintendo's e3 presentation was spectacular this year - the best they've done since e3 2010.

Did you miss E3 2011? That was a good year, too.

I can't say this was spectacular, because most of the games, I don't care at all about. Yarn Yoshi looks pretty cool, and I'll probably end up getting Xenoblade X, but otherwise, there was nothing new that I cared about.

sony conference was pretty bad but i guess that was to be expected; the ps4 is doing so well they don't need to market it any more. they have other projects (and other failing industries) they need to look out for. i'm disappointed but not much. arkham knight gameplay after such a long time was actually really cool.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

But Splatoon was the most brilliant thing ever.

Freaking squid paintball

What's not to love

also the toad game looked interesting.

I couldn't possibly care less about either, to be perfectly honest. If I want a shooter, I'll play a real shooter. But I don't want a shooter, so this rather cruddy looking shooter interests me even less. Captain Toad's levels in Mario 3D World were interesting, but unless it's a cheap eShop game, I'm not wasting money on it.

Now that I'm at a computer again, these were the things I liked about Nintendo's stuff:

1 - Dat intro with Reggie and Iwata

2 - Mii Fighters in Smash Bros., along with three classes to choose from. Also, via Miis being added, both Reggie and Iwata can now be characters in the game!

3 - Palutena in Smash Bros., although I admit my disappointment that the Eggplant Wizard now has a 0% chance of making it in as a playable character.

4 - Mario Maker; I have always wanted to make my own Mario levels and now I can (with a tool that is both simple to use and does not involve hacking of any kind)

5 - Yoshi's Wooly whatever-it's-called has a beautiful art style, although I will be watching closely to see if the gameplay is up to snuff (especially after Yoshi's New Island)

6 - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse looks like it will be lots of fun. Makes me want to track down a copy of Canvas Curse and give it a spin.

7 - The Amiibo figures; while this means my wallet will be beaten to death in a dark alleyway, this is also something I have been wanting Nintendo to do for awhile. Also, it'll make for a totally rad display.

8 - Star Fox on Wii U... because it's finally back! Finally!

9 - The Legend of Zelda on Wii U - while I'm rather upset with the fact that it doesn't use the Twilight Princess visual style, it cannot be denied that the game (or what we saw, at any rate) is a beauty to behold. Also, I'm very much looking forward to the open world gameplay.

10 - Xenoblade Chronicles X... which makes me really wish I had tried harder to find a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. Ah, well.

11 - Bayonetta 2; while it was not high on my radar before (and is still lower than other things), getting two games for the price of one is never a deal you should turn down. Especially if Bayonetta 2 turns out to be as good as the first game apparently was.

12 - The Captain Toad game builds upon the only thing from Super Mario 3D World that stuck out to me besides some of the more memorable soundtracks and the last half of the final level. The Captain Toad sections were my favorite, so I'm happy to see them being expanded.

13 - Fantasy Life finally seeing a western release... 'nuff said.

14 - Hyrule Warriors is rapidly shaping into one of my most anticipated games.

15 - Splatoon looks pretty fun.

9 - The Legend of Zelda on Wii U - while I'm rather upset with the fact that it doesn't use the Twilight Princess visual style, it cannot be denied that the game (or what we saw, at any rate) is a beauty to behold. Also, I'm very much looking forward to the open world gameplay.

I'm gonna deny it. I love the steampunk. I love the open world. I hate the graphics. It's just The Wind Waker HD, and I thought that game looked horrible when compared to the original Wind Waker on GCN. This is almost literally the worst visual style they could have chosen for the game, IMO.

The new Zelda looked pretty sick with that fantastic-looking open world, but the character models were just sickening. Nintendo really has to work on their shading with their 3D anime-style games, between this and Pokemon.

Either way, Hyrule Warriors is what I wanted a Wii U Zelda to look like, plus it generally looks like fun and Team Ninja. So, I'll just go along pretending that's the new main Zelda game...

Anyways, Mario Maker definitely looks cool, and I'm excited to see how it turns out. Seems like Nintendo's answer to LittleBigPlanet, and if the UGC can come anywhere close to LBP, It'll be great.

HAHA TIME FOR OPINIONS.

Microsoft: Big improvement from last year. Entirely video games! Highlight of the conference, maybe even the show as a whole, was by far The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt. MMMM DAT ENTIRELY LOADTIME-FREE OPEN WORLD AND DAT 1080P HD RESOLUTION WITH DAT GAMEPLAY, MMMPH. Kamiya's new game looks like it'd be interesting. Other than those two, they mainly showed off Halo 5 and the Master Chief Collection.

Oh and Conker! I lit up the second he came on screen, we're finally getting his Other Bad Fur Day! Except not. At all. He's included as a cameo in a build-a-game thing for Xbone and Win8.1. That was soul crushing!

EA: Didn't even watch and I am better for it apparently. Apparently it was just concept art for games people cared about, showed off sports games, and not much else. Also someone actually saying 'feels' in front of millions of people. That's cringe worthy.

Ubisoft: A celeb host and French accents. New Rainbow Six and AssCreed Unity look pretty neat, but otherwise, they had a conference?

Sony: Honestly, this was kinda awful. A two hour conference where forty minutes is wasted on NOT VIDEO GAMES and audio gaffes galore (HULK SMASH standing out the most). The Last of Us looks absolutely pointless, since the game just came out and looks identical to the previous gen- only existing to squeeze any more cash out of the IP. The Order lost any sort of interest I had with this trailer, since it looks like another glorified cutscene/QTE with zombies. Bad mix. Also Dead Island 2. Did anyone really even like the first two? Seriously, I've heard nothing good about those games outside of the single trailer.

On the plus side, I loved what we saw of Blood Borne- that was a great trailer and set up the tone perfectly. The fact From Software is handling it is a huge relief as well, given they had a streak of good to great games even before the Souls series hit it big. The Metal Gear Solid V trailer was also pretty good- even as a non fan of the series, it was an interesting and intriguing trailer that made me genuinely excited for the next game. Little Big Planet 3 looks pretty fun, too, and I guess Uncharted 4 looked alright.

Nintendo: I missed their live conference, since my alarm didn't go off. Watching the archive as I type. The addition to the Miis to Kerfuffle is a major surprise, but one I kinda like. Amiibo looks like they're seeing the success of Skylanders and trying to put a spin on it with having them interact with more than just a single franchise. Yoshi and Captain Toad both look like they're gonna be interesting titles.

The Link model in the Open World Zelda game looks strange. Maybe it's an unfinished one? Game itself sounds promising, however, and the model will probably look less wonky by release. Gen 3 Pokemon remakes look like Pokemon, and short of a complete overhaul of the gameplay, I couldn't care less. Bayonetta 2 looks like an even more over-the-top and campy version of the original and honestly if it was at all different, I wouldn't be excited for it.

Hyrule Warriors looks like exactly what I expected from a Warriors game mixed with Zelda. Dat Zelda redesign, tho. Kirby looks like a Kirby game, so I'll probably pick it up sometime.

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks fantastic. This seems less like a Xenoblade sequel and more like a prequel to Xenogears- especially since the rumored title was Xenogears Origins. Hopefully, this won't be a massive disappointment like the similarly themed Xenosaga trilogy was. Out of all the games shown these last two days, this and Witcher 3 are honestly my favorites.

Mario Maker looks sorta fun, but I see the novelty dying out shortly after the first couple of plays. Splatoon looks like a cute game, and pretty fun too. The Palutena trailer for Kerfuffle looked great. Miyamoto playing Star Fox was a nice touch, too.

Out of the conferences, I feel Nintendo put on the best show- they relied mostly on what people expected, but added a few surprises and twists on those games.

hElbrZ6.gif

Pac-Man confirmed for Smash 4. Kinda disappointed that the one character I absolutely did not want in Smash will be in Smash.

Yeah, Pac-Man's appearance in Mario Kart Arcade didn't sit well with me. And that feeling still hasn't gone away.

Anyways, the character in the new Zelda trailer may or may not be Link. Speculation: IT'S ZELDA.

I'm not saying I wanted Pacman, but I do acknowledge that having Megaman, Mario, Sonic and Pacman in one game beating each other up is amazing, given the history between some of the characters.

5 - Yoshi's Wooly whatever-it's-called has a beautiful art style, although I will be watching closely to see if the gameplay is up to snuff (especially after Yoshi's New Island)

We do not acknowledge that game

there was no Yoshi game on 3DS, understand?

In all seriousness I'm fully expecting this game to be the true new Yoshi's Island game.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

The one thing from E3 that still baffles me was the gameplay demo for Battlefield: Hardline because wow, that must've been the worst escape plan of all time and all that property damage for one van full of cash.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I'm actually pretty interested in Hardline, Cops and Robbers seems like a fun change from this country's military vs that country's military. I'm in the PS4 beta, I'll probably start that sometime soon.

Anyways, I would have gone to play SSB4... If either of my two closest Best Buys had it. But they didn't. So I couldn't.

Pac-Man confirmed for Smash 4.

:)

how will he even fight though

-spits out pellets like a machine gun

-butt bounce and rolling attack from pac man world 3

-final smash involves eating a power pellet and swallowing any other fighters he can catch

he'll be OP tbh

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Pac-Man confirmed for Smash 4.

:)

how will he even fight though

-final smash involves eating a power pellet and swallowing any other fighters he can catch

he'll be OP tbh

I really doubt he'll be overpowered. Rosalina looks closest to overpowered of the newcomers (because she can effectively control two areas of the stage at once, so I'm comparing her to Olimar and Ice Climbers in Brawl/Melee), but even with her, I'm not calling anyone OP'ed until after the game comes out. For the first year or so, the tier list has some drastic changes within it, because the new metagame is so young and has so many undiscovered techniques. It's impossible to really call someone overpowered before the game is even finished!

Depending on the level of customization, I might think Miis could be pretty OP, although I'm almost positive that Mii customization won't be as deep as I'd like (fully adjustable stats, massive lists of moves to choose from, outfit customization, etc.) because of classes.

Another part of me is wondering how Paluena will turn out, simply because of her status as part of Pit's final smash in Brawl (even though I'm sure she'll be nothing like that). So far, her gameplay looks kinda interesting.

Also Palutena's reveal made me want Magnus in the game. Although I'd kinda think that he may be to Ike what Ganondorf is to Captain Falcon. Or maybe they'd be really close, since Ike is now the Hulk.

He'll eat you.

1 move

what about the other directional B moves

he'll be OP tbh

that makes more sense.

still missing 1 move though...eh.

we'll see once the game comes out.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Also Palutena's reveal made me want Magnus in the game.

I believe Magnus has been confirmed as an Assist Trophy.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm.