Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

Has anyone been experiencing freezing problems on BF4 for the PS3? 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one then. Every 2-3 matches would leave me stuck at the loading screen.

Mine just freezes up at random. I'll be sitting here just playing and then all of a sudden it freezes up. Do you know a way to fix this? 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one then. Every 2-3 matches would leave me stuck at the loading screen.

Mine just freezes up at random. I'll be sitting here just playing and then all of a sudden it freezes up. Do you know a way to fix this? 

Unfortunately no. I've now started to play BF3 again because of this.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Unfortunately no. I've now started to play BF3 again because of this.

Agreed. I think I'll stick with BF3 as well until Hardline. 

Platinum Games is making a Korra action game. Coming out in the fall as a DL title.

Couldn't care less about Korra, but I'm very interested in what Plat's doing for the gameplay with the whole bending thing. Probably just going to use a variation on the Bayonetta engine, I'm guessing?

hElbrZ6.gif

@ghoti: post is too long to quote

but

...that actually makes sense i totally get it

No such thing as too long to quote :P

But seriously, it's a game that must be played first hand to be believed. I just can't say I'd recommend buying it.

My copy was free :P

it's a game you gotta play

but you don't want to buy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

@ghoti: post is too long to quote

but

...that actually makes sense i totally get it

No such thing as too long to quote :P

But seriously, it's a game that must be played first hand to be believed. I just can't say I'd recommend buying it.

My copy was free :P

it's a game you gotta play

but you don't want to buy

I've got a friend who actually 100%ed the 360 version.

Like, S Rank on everything, and all the silver medals.

I didn't believe him until he showed me. He claims that the game was his childhood.

I feel bad for him.

I intend to beat all three stories and the final boss, then never touch the game again.

I didn't believe him until he showed me. He claims that the game was his childhood.

I feel bad for him.

I intend to beat all three stories and the final boss, then never touch the game again.

i would not wish that punishment on any mortal person

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I feel bad for him.

i would not wish that punishment on any mortal person

I'm pretty sure it was his only 360 game at the time XD

Not that I'd waste time doing that. Even if I had never played a video game, I'd still become ###### beyond belief trying to play that ######!

EDIT: Sorry, this is BZPower. I get the censoring of a certain P-word, I'm actually pretty shocked that a C-word that means poop is censored.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Upvote 2

I had a chance to get Sonic the Hedgehog for free a while ago, although I went for something else. I'm regretting that now, because I'd probably have to pay money for it now.

Anyways, speaking of bad games... Anyone here try Goat Simulator?

I had a chance to get Sonic the Hedgehog for free a while ago, although I went for something else. I'm regretting that now, because I'd probably have to pay money for it now.

No, but I have tried Surgeon Simulator.

To me, something like Goat Simulator looses it's touch because the developers tried to make it bad. It's like Sharknado, while Sonic 06 is The Room. Except that The Room is a better movie than Sonic 06 is a game (though not by much.)

• Upvote 1

Platinum Games is making a Korra action game. Coming out in the fall as a DL title.

Couldn't care less about Korra, but I'm very interested in what Plat's doing for the gameplay with the whole bending thing. Probably just going to use a variation on the Bayonetta engine, I'm guessing?

The Korra game sounds incredibly promising, and I say that as a fan of the series.

Unfortunately, the game being developed for 3DS is by a different, less storied developer, one that primarily works on (shudder) other licensed games. At the very least it's supposed to be a turn-based strategy game, which is an odd choice for the series but holds more promise than, say, an endless runner.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Really, an SRPG makes almost perfect sense as a genre with how bending works being able to form a basic class/troop system, though I can't really see it working during the time of either LoK or TLA too well. Before TLA and after Korra, yeah, but during either? Ehhh.

hElbrZ6.gif

A completely ridiculous set of circumstances have led to me getting interested in the Persona series, and seeing as how Persona 3 FES was only 4 bucks on the PSN, I've been playing that game for a little less than a week. I am not experienced with video games in any fashion (i can count the number of video games i've finished with less than all my fingers) and this is my first experience with a jrpg (I'm pretty sure pokemon doesn't count?). It's certainly a pretty interesting game, and I'm enjoying it a fair bit. I haven't really ever experienced anything quite like the irritation that results from having to take a break from exploring a dungeon because you got sick after foolishly deciding to stay up studying too late. In a video game. It's really bizarre and unique, and very amusing. I'm only about a month into the story, and since I completely misunderstood how Tartarus works I'm hilariously behind where I should be, but it's been fun.

AXKP5KC.png

I could never really get into P3F, although that's probably because I played both P4 and P3 Portable before FES, and I vastly prefer the P4/P3P battle system to the one in FES. However, I still feel that in every other aspect, FES is the best version of P3 (Portable doesn't have the animated cutscenes, and FES's epilogue is better than P3P's Female Protagonist, IMO).

Speaking of P3, I was shocked to learn that Persona Q is actually part of the official Persona canon. Because absolutely everything about that pretty much screams "unimportant spinoff".

Also, yep Pokemon is a JRPG, although it's really different from most other JRPGs (closest thing to it is probably the Shin Megami Tensei series).

Arena was kinda in the same boat, but it turned out not to be so bad, handily tying together 3 and 4. Thing is, though, Q is trying to do the same thing, and it might not turn out as well.

Also, the characters summoning their Personas outside the TV world seriously irks me.

Morally unambiguous.

Honestly, I really want Atlus to revisit the first two Persona games? Like, they apparently share the same setting as the third and fourth games, but they're never mentioned.

*Three: There were two Persona 2's, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. I don't quite remember what order they were released in.

Also, 3 was something of a reboot for the series, but 4: Arena kinda touched on the bigger 'verse established in 2.

Edited by Dapper-San

Morally unambiguous.

Just hit the 1,000 trophy mark on PSN, which is not only a good milestone, but it extends my lead a good deal past everyone else on my friend list... :evilgrin:

Anyways, to get there, I've been playing a good deal of inFamous recently (finished up the evil stuff, generally), and it's really the first time I've really noticed the generation gap this gen. Sure, inFamous is five years old and already not the best-looking title on PS3, but when compared to Second Son, it's...  Wow. Framerate, controls, and graphics (obviously) are all way superior in Second Son, and I didn't really notice how much so until I threw myself back into the original.

So, Call of Duty: Black Ops is still going strong after 4 years, Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops II and Ghosts. Team Deathmatch and Zombies are all that's left, but the servers haven't been hacked to karz yet and can still be relied on for good connection. I really, really hope it survives Advanced Warfare, which, I'd like to think, it probably will.

Morally unambiguous.

So today i was browsing Steam's Free to play section, and what i found was a browser game turned to a steam game called Unturned.

Its basically just a voxel Zombie survival game, but what got me hooked was the fact that it was all done by one person, and the short time span it took for it to get to steam. I recommend it to anyone.

Also Dapper, I got more trophies than you. :P 

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

So I just realized something beautiful about the GCN controllers for Wii U.

Gamecube Virtual Console games are now completely possible.

But this is Nintendo. They still aren't even offering eight of the consoles they offered on Wii VC, and in 18 months time have built up a library inferior to the first 6 months of Wii VC. I dunno what their problem is, since it could literally be a matter of CTRL+C and CTRL+V to get 95% of games working, but they are taking their sweet ### time getting games out on Wii U VC. Not that 3DS is any better right now.

But imagine a perfect world in which you have all those consoles from Wii and 3DS VC, as well as Saturn, Dreamcast, and Gamecube VC on the Wii U.

And cross-platform with 3DS on all handheld games and 8 and 16 bit consoles!

But this is Nintendo. They don't want my money.

I have so few trophies compared to erryone else.

Ghoti, methinks you and Terminus are the only ones with plats. I am, however, getting close to 100%'ing Journey, but that one lacks a platinum.

i platinumed infamous 2 in like 3 or 4 days'

(not even bragging or anything, it's just a ridiculously easy platinum)

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Infamous 2 is legitimately so easy to platinum I could see pretty much anyone getting it in that short amount of time.

Only reason I haven't done it yet is because I wanted to complete the evil path in Infamous before moving on to the evil path in Infamous 2, and those story-related trophies are pretty much the only ones left for me in that game (along with a few really easy side trophies). Same deal with Second Son, except I only have 1 side trophy and I'm about a third of the way through my Evil/Hard game.

The first one is just so annoying because of, if nothing else, the trophy for getting all the shards. All the Infamous games after that have spoiled me in regards to shard-finding. There's also the stunt list, although I'd probably complete that long before finding all the shards.

But this is Nintendo. They still aren't even offering eight of the consoles they offered on Wii VC, and in 18 months time have built up a library inferior to the first 6 months of Wii VC. I dunno what their problem is, since it could literally be a matter of CTRL+C and CTRL+V to get 95% of games working, but they are taking their sweet ### time getting games out on Wii U VC. Not that 3DS is any better right now.

But imagine a perfect world in which you have all those consoles from Wii and 3DS VC, as well as Saturn, Dreamcast, and Gamecube VC on the Wii U.

Nintendo's business strategy with the Wii U VC is that if they hold back content and trickle it down, there'll be more interest in the stuff that does come out. It's... unsound, to say the least, but it does seem to have an effect when games that would be nowhere near the top 20 on any other online store regularly hit the top 5 most sold games on the system.

But there are a number of features missing from the Wii U gamepad and pro controller (analog triggers being the most notable, Wave Race and F-Zero GX 100% do not function without them) that do make me honestly believe that Gamecube VC games are a lot more viable now than they were before. Heck, it's 100% possible that they could release a patch for the system that lets you play disk-based GC games-- the hardware's there (the Wii and the Wii U are built on the exact same system architecture as the Gamecube, which actually allows for flawless emulation) and the Wii U can read the disks. The only restriction is the firmware of the console.

Nintendo's business strategy with the Wii U VC is that if they hold back content and trickle it down, there'll be more interest in the stuff that does come out. It's... unsound, to say the least, but it does seem to have an effect when games that would be nowhere near the top 20 on any other online store regularly hit the top 5 most sold games on the system.

But there are a number of features missing from the Wii U gamepad and pro controller (analog triggers being the most notable, Wave Race and F-Zero GX 100% do not function without them) that do make me honestly believe that Gamecube VC games are a lot more viable now than they were before. Heck, it's 100% possible that they could release a patch for the system that lets you play disk-based GC games-- the hardware's there (the Wii and the Wii U are built on the exact same system architecture as the Gamecube, which actually allows for flawless emulation) and the Wii U can read the disks. The only restriction is the firmware of the console.

The Wii U can read the discs? The only tests I've seen of the Wii U reading GCN anything has been with USB Loaders booted via Homebrew Channel with Wii Flow. I actually have heard that the Wii U cannot read the GCN discs due to the disc drive not accepting MiniDVDs. It just wasn't built for them.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Wii U's architecture is very different from the Gamecubes, because it's pretty different from the Wii's. That's why it has a whole Wii inside of it instead of just downclocking it's current CPU and such. It actually can't natively run the software, and has all the Wii boards and internals inside of it. Now, because of that, it can still natively run GCN games, but that would be the backwards compatibility boards running it, not the main Wii U boards (and it would have to be downloads via VC, not native discs, sadly).

If I'm wrong about these statements, feel free to link me to a post on GBATemp or something that disproves it, but otherwise, I'm going to stick to believing what I've heard many times.

On a mostly unrelated note, new SSB4 character reveal Monday!