・パルテナ:ナチュレ

・オリマー:アルフ(キャラ変更)

・メタナイト:ダメタ、ガラクタ

・フォックス:ウルフカラー(Xの同?異?不明)

・ピカチュウ:金銀主帽子、XY主帽子、パーティー帽子復活、

・リザードン:黒(原作色違い)

・ルフレ:変更は髪色のみ

・パックマン:色は変わらずアクセが変わる

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

Ugh, my 3DS finally went on me... It isn't completely dead, but the top screen is incredibly glitchy and it'll randomly exit sleep mode for a few seconds while closed, among all of it's previous problems... Guess I won't be waiting for the new model to get a replacement, as I've already made plans with friends to pick up Smash on release day... :glare:

I'd send it in to Nintendo for repairs, but I've yet to have a good experience with that service...

So I picked up F-zero GX few weeks back and since then been nonstop playing it, as of now I'm nearly done with story mode on normal and have one chapter beaten on very hard, which caused my hands to catch fire. Grand Prix wise I've got four more cups to beat on master before I unlock the final cup, needless to say I've already poured probably 100 hours into it already and have no reason to stop any time soon. This game is seriously the greatest racing game released and has given me no need to play any other racing game.

I'm just ToaD

On the topic of certain new Smash Bros. characters...

I told my friends that Roy was in the new game and now they hate me.

Probably should've mentioned that it was

MK8_Roy.png

and not

Roy_SSBM.jpg

Why was Roy so popular? He sucked, and was just a clone!

Speaking of clones, why does D.r Mario return, but not Lucas, or Snake, or Ice Climbers, or Wolf? AND WHERE IS MY RIDLEY!?!

MK8_Roy.png

and not

Roy_SSBM.jpg

Speaking of clones, why does D.r Mario return, but not Lucas, or Snake, or Ice Climbers, or Wolf? AND WHERE IS MY RIDLEY!?!

Because Roy looked cool? I really can't think of a good reason.

As for the other characters, Lucas is relatively unknown to anyone who's not a Nintendo fan, Snake in Brawl was just a favor because Hideo Kojima begged, Ice Climbers had technical problems working on the 3DS, and Wolf was still kind of a clone.

As for Ridley, I think that's a case of style over substance. Ridley's cool, but I can't see him having a compelling or original moveset.

MK8_Roy.png

and not

Roy_SSBM.jpg

Because Roy looked cool? I really can't think of a good reason.

As for the other characters, Lucas is relatively unknown to anyone who's not a Nintendo fan, Snake in Brawl was just a favor because Hideo Kojima begged, Ice Climbers had technical problems working on the 3DS, and Wolf was still kind of a clone.

As for Ridley, I think that's a case of style over substance. Ridley's cool, but I can't see him having a compelling or original moveset.

Wolf was considered a semi-clone, and even that's arguable. He's specials are similar to Fox, but his entire other moveset isn't even remotely the same. That's like, a good 20+ moves that are different, so I don't consider him to even be a semi-clone.

Ridley could have been original. We have motherblanking Dr. Mario, so Ridley not being original is the worst excuse you could possibly make! :P

This is making me want to finally transfer my Wii save data onto my Wii U so that I can play Brawl, but I don't have any controllers that I would enjoy using... and I'm currently unable to play Melee. Ugh. 

As far as characters in the new Smash go, I've already shared my thoughts on my blog. 

Despite the over saturation of Mario characters, I'm very excited for Bowser Jr. - while I was never really interested in adding him to Smash before, he seems like a really unique character... and the fact that the Koopalings are his alts is just better. I'm also slowly warming up to the Duck Hunt Dog.

It was never really a possibility of any kind, but I am disappointed that there aren't any characters from Bravely Default in the game. Oh well. Maybe by the time the next Smash comes around the series will be a worldwide phenomenon that's still only on Nintendo systems, convincing Nintendo to add a character from the series into Smash... but I doubt it. 

It's overrated and bad.

On the merit that it has a more interesting story (I'm only on Mars, so there's that) than most AAA shooters, brighter environments, includes a fairly healthy dose of non-dark humor (a lot of item descriptions can at least make me smile) and doesn't seem to take itself 3000% serious all the time (and actually has notable female characters, for once)... I'm enjoying it. The world's not as large and open as I thought, but at the same time it would have surprised me had it been (as if it was a large, expansive world like a MMO the graphics would likely need to be dialed back further for machines like PS3/360 and possibly on the current gen systems, too). 

It's fun, fast paced and I've been enjoying the PvP aspect of it along with the story missions, patrol missions, although I do wish the skirmishes were a little more... complicated? But I guess Bungie wanted to make sure people who aren't friends, aren't in a fireteam together with communication, could beat them (I'm presuming raids will be harder than the skirmishes so far). 

But, for what it is: It's fun, has it's own atmosphere and artistic style, though it does remind me a bit of Halo meets Mass Effect (artistically speaking). Still kinda wish customization had more options and some of the more drab environments were less drab (though the Moon's sky is pretty and fun to look at). 

Of course it's all opinion, and one subjective viewpoint probably won't carry onto the next person, etc... 

But I mean, I get to play a purple robot lady who has a spaceship and is basically a space wizard and I find that neat.

Edited by Kitania

im just kinda choked there's no ganon. he was my boy in brawl

He's been confirmed as an unlockable character.

Anyways, I'm starting to feel the urge to play Melee and Smash 64, still haven't unlocked everyone in those...

You can unlock everything in Smash 64 in, like, an hour.

I got every trophy in Melee in about 6 months.

This is making me want to finally transfer my Wii save data onto my Wii U so that I can play Brawl, but I don't have any controllers that I would enjoy using... and I'm currently unable to play Melee. Ugh. 

As far as characters in the new Smash go, I've already shared my thoughts on my blog. 

Despite the over saturation of Mario characters, I'm very excited for Bowser Jr. - while I was never really interested in adding him to Smash before, he seems like a really unique character... and the fact that the Koopalings are his alts is just better. I'm also slowly warming up to the Duck Hunt Dog.

It was never really a possibility of any kind, but I am disappointed that there aren't any characters from Bravely Default in the game. Oh well. Maybe by the time the next Smash comes around the series will be a worldwide phenomenon that's still only on Nintendo systems, convincing Nintendo to add a character from the series into Smash... but I doubt it. 

I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of Bayonetta and Snake being dropped, so I feel you.

Mod your Wii, backup the save data, transfer to your Wii U, reinstall the saves on your Wii. Problem solved!

Anyways, I'm starting to feel the urge to play Melee and Smash 64, still haven't unlocked everyone in those...

I know. I just play it so rarely because I got it after I already had Melee and Brawl.

Also, if you are a Club Nintendo member who got Platinum status last year, well then congratulations, you have 4 download codes for the Smash 4 demo!

... I kinda want to use mine now, even though my top screen is dead... At last, I can finally experience the menu!

At least my replacement 3DS is coming in Monday, so I only have to wait through the weekend to play it.

Edited by Terminus

I know. I just play it so rarely because I got it after I already had Melee and Brawl.

Also, if you are a Club Nintendo member who got Platinum status last year, well then congratulations, you have 4 download codes for the Smash 4 demo!

... I kinda want to use mine now, even though my top screen is dead... At last, I can finally experience the menu!

At least my replacement 3DS is coming in Monday, so I only have to wait through the weekend to play it.

Have they confirmed that it's last year's platinum status members? I was under the impression that it was for those who had achieved platinum since June, and even then, not everyone was going to receive them.

Have they confirmed that it's last year's platinum status members? I was under the impression that it was for those who had achieved platinum since June, and even then, not everyone was going to receive them.

I had platinum last year, but not this year. I wasn't picked, but a friend of mine was and I got the code. From my understanding, it's random, but only people who got platinum last year were even given a chance of getting the codes.

BTW, playing SSB4 right now. YOU ARE ALL JELLY.

Played Smash 4 WITH NO TOP SCREEN.

All I know is that I came in last, and the two CPUs did Sudden Death, which took about 15 seconds. I'm not even sure if I even got any hits, because I was (attempting) to use the D-Pad to move. Took half the battle to figure out that I was just taunting.

Anyways, from the email:

We’re sending this demo to Club Nintendo members like you who achieved Platinum Status between 7/1/2013 and 6/30/2014, registered any Nintendo 3DS product, and chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo.

Peach is getting banned from online play (in For Glory mode, which is Final Destination/No Items) in Smash 4 in Japan, the game thinks that her Down+B is an item, and as such the game thinks Peach players are hackers.

For some reason I find this situation extremely hilarious. But I hope it gets fixed for the worldwide releases.

Peach is getting banned from online play (in For Glory mode, which is Final Destination/No Items) in Smash 4 in Japan, the game thinks that her Down+B is an item, and as such the game thinks Peach players are hackers.

For some reason I find this situation extremely hilarious. But I hope it gets fixed for the worldwide releases.

Sakurai can be dumb sometimes :P

I'm the one weirdo who thinks Zelda 1 is a horrible game. 2 did everything better, 1 is one of the most poorly designed games I can think of.

Smash Sale was really disappointing this week. If X or Y was dropped, I may have been swayed to pick one of them up, but nope. And I was totally expecting Wii Party U or Nintendo Land to represent Miis, but apparently Nintendo's still trying to sell that Wii Fit .

Zelda 1 didn't age as well as Nintendo's other big NES games, IMO, like Metroid or Super Mario Bros. Although that could just be the fact that I don't really like any of the 2D Zelda games.

I also don't get digital Wii Fit U. I'd bet a really big chunk of people who cared about Wii Fit at some point or another don't care about the new version, as those were the people who bought the Wii as a $350 exercise machine (and I know SO MANY people who did that).

And Tokyo Game Show is happening.

THAT FINAL FANTASY XV TRAILER.

Of course, I've said the same thing about any new info on that game for the past nine or so years, but still. The fact that a demo is coming in March is certainly something I'm looking forward to.

final fantasy has really been watered down with the over saturation of eastern rpgs or action games that drew examples from it. like it's still the daddy of them all, but now the sons are grown up and do what it did just as well, figuratively. i'm about as over final fantasy as i can get.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Zelda 1 didn't age as well as Nintendo's other big NES games, IMO, like Metroid or Super Mario Bros. Although that could just be the fact that I don't really like any of the 2D Zelda games.

I also don't get digital Wii Fit U. I'd bet a really big chunk of people who cared about Wii Fit at some point or another don't care about the new version, as those were the people who bought the Wii as a $350 exercise machine (and I know SO MANY people who did that).

Of course, I've said the same thing about any new info on that game for the past nine or so years, but still. The fact that a demo is coming in March is certainly something I'm looking forward to.

Wii was only $250 at launch :P

I really need to get around to actually getting into Final Fantasy. What would be a good place to start?

Yeah, but Wii fit added an extra $100 or so.

As for starting a Final Fantasy- I'd reccomend anything from 6-10, though 6 and 7 are usually the two people bring up as the best. They can be done in any order, as they all stand alone, and even if there are multiple games set within the same story, they have the same Roman numeral (X and X-2, for example).

I really need to get around to actually getting into Final Fantasy. What would be a good place to start?

I'd say somewhere between IV-VII.

Tactics is a great subseries if Fire Emblem and strategy games are your bag.

hElbrZ6.gif

I'd say somewhere between IV-VII.

Tactics is a great subseries if Fire Emblem and strategy games are your bag.

Fire Emblem is the only strategy game I've gotten into. Tried Advanced Wars, wasn't my thing, and have a limited experience with Age of Empires.