Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

I suggest everybody who has a PC go check out Steam's Autumn sale. They have loads of games for great prices, like Skyrim for $7.49, alongside the Crysis series, Assassin's Creed, and more.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I suggest everybody who has a PC go check out Steam's Autumn sale. They have loads of games for great prices, like Skyrim for $7.49, alongside the Crysis series, Assassin's Creed, and more.

Shame my computer is awful and I don't have cash available for Steam. Which is unfortunate.

And of course whenever I would get a better computer, that would be after the sale ended.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

you muricans are lucky, we have no black friday sales at all up here. not like i have any money to spend nowadays, though. maybe next year.

anyways, getting back to video games, i'm working on my fifth new vegas save, this time siding with yes man. this time around i'm playing the ultimate edition, though. i'll get to experience the expansions for the first time. while the main game has gotten a little stale (i'm still really enjoying it) i'm really psyched to get to the DLCs. i hear they are all fantastic.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Yeah, the TV wasn't even on sale, the one that was on sale was sold out (reserved) over a half hour before the sale started. So I got one at full price ($200), and It's pretty good. Still surprised at how good HD games look.

And I'm getting a Vita today, there's a bundle on Amazon for the 3G/Wi-Fi system with a 4GB memory card, The Walking Dead, Uncharted, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, and Retro City Rampage for $175, which is $25 less than the standard Vita, so It's a great deal.

Shame my computer is awful and I don't have cash available for Steam. Which is unfortunate.

And of course whenever I would get a better computer, that would be after the sale ended.

Pretty much my situation. =P

Hence why today I instead bought The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in the 3DS XL bundle thing (because that was the first special console whatever I've actually ever legitimately wanted). I can't wait until it arrives and I can play it.

Well, at first I wanted to buy a new 3DS game of sorts.

Then I played Kid Icarus: Uprising again.

I'll probably be spending lots of time achievement hunting, and I'll get to save money too! =P

That game. It's just amazing.

Did I miss Skyrim? It's about $15 now. I'm a n00b at Steam. Will it just get more expensive? I'm not really a fan of RPGs, but for that price, I'd gladly give the game another go.

I think Skyrim's normal price on Steam is $30. So I think you missed out.

Anyways, I'd be happy if I could get it to run at 30, even 20 FPS.

And while I enjoyed Kid Icarus: Uprising, I never really got the urge to go back to it once I finished it. The gameplay on land was lust... too weird, I think it would have worked better if you could use just buttons for those sections. The flying parts were fine, though.

Well, I've bought Skyrim for $15 now, and I'm considering doing some kind of blind Let's Play with it. I easily should be able to get 30 fps while recording.

I wasn't bothered by the controls in Uprising, but rather, by the weight of the 3DS. It was too heavy. I really feel bad for any poor blokes who try and play Uprising on a 2DS.

To be honest, I find the controls in Kid Icarus: Uprising to be absolutely perfect for the gameplay. With the stylus, I could quickly aim or change the camera angle at any moment. I still think it would be cool if they had support for dual-stick gameplay with the Circle Pad Pro, but it still wouldn't be fast enough for the gameplay. And I figured out how to get a steady hold on the 3DS as well. I would extend the stylus all the way, hold it over the middle of the touchscreen, and use my remaining fingers to grip the back of the console. I have no trouble at all now maintaining a 3D image nowadays. I will admit it took a little getting used though.

I still hope that Kid Icarus gets a sequel in less than 25 years. Massahiro Sakurai said that he doesn't have any intention to make a sequel... But I hope whoever takes up the mantle of director next knows how to make a deep game like Sakurai.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

To be honest, I find the controls in Kid Icarus: Uprising to be absolutely perfect for the gameplay. With the stylus, I could quickly aim or change the camera angle at any moment. I still think it would be cool if they had support for dual-stick gameplay with the Circle Pad Pro, but it still wouldn't be fast enough for the gameplay. And I figured out how to get a steady hold on the 3DS as well. I would extend the stylus all the way, hold it over the middle of the touchscreen, and use my remaining fingers to grip the back of the console. I have no trouble at all now maintaining a 3D image nowadays. I will admit it took a little getting used though.

I still hope that Kid Icarus gets a sequel in less than 25 years. Massahiro Sakurai said that he doesn't have any intention to make a sequel... But I hope whoever takes up the mantle of director next knows how to make a deep game like Sakurai.

I hold it like that too, and the system cuts off the circulation in my left hand...

Sakurai is God. Therefore, he should be in charge of the next KI. And honestly, while 25 years is a bit of time, I hope it's at least 10 years. Part of what made the game great was how unique it was. A sequel too soon would just be so meh. Uprising almost strikes me as being a more kid-friendly version of Conker's Bad Fur Day; a game that parodies what's popular today and is very funny.

Well then, I must have giant hands then. I have not experienced any discomfort playing like that.

It'd be ideal, but Sakurai himself doesn't want to work on another Kid Icarus game. I do agree there should be a while before the next game, Uprising is indeed one of the most unique games I've ever played, along with the most self-aware. A sequel too soon would ruin the wonderful story and characters (PitxViridi is the only pairing in fiction I will wholeheartedly support), and the deep and intricate gameplay. I don't think it'd take 25 years to make another one though, more like 10, as you said. And as I said before, I can only hope any other director who takes up the mantle understands the reason Kid Icarus: Uprising was such a fun and deep game.

Is anyone else surprised how smoothly the online runs? Considering Brawl runs like molasses online, it's really nice.

Uprising almost strikes me as being a more kid-friendly version of Conker's Bad Fur Day; a game that parodies what's popular today and is very funny.

I am still really mad that Conker: Going Medieval got cancelled.

The original seriously is one of my favorite games ever made.

hElbrZ6.gif

Are there any decent mac games on sale on Steam right now? The only one I see besides Portal and Counterstrike is Borderlands 2.

Or should I just invest in an actually good PC game like Skyrim?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Well then, I must have giant hands then. I have not experienced any discomfort playing like that.

It'd be ideal, but Sakurai himself doesn't want to work on another Kid Icarus game. I do agree there should be a while before the next game, Uprising is indeed one of the most unique games I've ever played, along with the most self-aware. A sequel too soon would ruin the wonderful story and characters (PitxViridi is the only pairing in fiction I will wholeheartedly support), and the deep and intricate gameplay. I don't think it'd take 25 years to make another one though, more like 10, as you said. And as I said before, I can only hope any other director who takes up the mantle understands the reason Kid Icarus: Uprising was such a fun and deep game.

Is anyone else surprised how smoothly the online runs? Considering Brawl runs like molasses online, it's really nice.

PitxViridi is just so hot I can't even.

And then there were so many other characters like Pyrrhon and Thanatos and Phosphora and Pittoo and Hades. It was just so great!

Online ran a bit smoother because both the 3DS's network is better and because not every frame matters. Smash Bros. is a game where each individual frame makes a difference, and so buttons need to be registered each one, where as Uprising, and most shooters and racers, for that matter, can kinda be predicted. Not sure if I'm explaining this well, but I looked into it a bit when I was curious as to why a 12-player Mario Kart Wii race ran at 60 fps while a 2 player Brawl match ran at 6 fps. If you need to see how fast the inputs can get, go to YouTube and look up "How Fast Is Melee?". I'd link you to it, but there is one "questionable" word in the video, so you'd best do it yourself.

Heck, anyone who doesn't believe that Smash Bros. takes more skill than pretty much any other video game ever made should look up "How Fast Is Melee?" right now.

Uprising almost strikes me as being a more kid-friendly version of Conker's Bad Fur Day; a game that parodies what's popular today and is very funny.

I am still really mad that Conker: Going Medieval got cancelled.

The original seriously is one of my favorite games ever made.

I'm hopefully going to be getting the game for Christmas. I tried it out on an emulator, and I HAVE to play through the rest!

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

My PS Vita came in today. I was able to install Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Flower on the memory card, Uncharted is interesting so far, but Flower is nowhere near as good as it was on the PS3, touch controls are pretty bad and motion controls are kinda awkward (because you're constantly moving the screen around).

Anyways, Smash takes more skill than most other videogames, but not most fighters. I can think of a few fighters that have combos that take more skill than the combo in "How Fast is Melee?"

Still, that combo was pretty cool. I'd doubt I could do that, since I just play so many other fighters (and nothing is like Smash), and I'm only moderately better than average at Smash.

Anyways, Smash takes more skill than most other videogames, but not most fighters. I can think of a few fighters that have combos that take more skill than the combo in "How Fast is Melee?"

Still, that combo was pretty cool. I'd doubt I could do that, since I just play so many other fighters (and nothing is like Smash), and I'm only moderately better than average at Smash.

Marvel vs. Capcom and Street Fighter are the only other fighters I've found to be that technical, and Marvel is the only one that fast. And jeeze, those mind games in Smash...

But hey, opinions. Point is you can see why the game can't have a flawless online any time soon. I doubt my internet could handle that.

I've already started writing fanfiction of PitxViridi. It takes every ounce of my will to not put it on the internet...Oh my goodness the characters. I love all of them, they all have some charm to them that I just love. Though my favorite additions to the cast are definitely Pyrrhon and Hades. They are the characters I laughed at the most. I also love the little references to anime effects, like how Pit sometimes gets little sparkles and a colorful background on some of his speeches, or that very mild portion of fanservice during Amazon Pandora's introduction.So I should expect more slow online im Smash then? Well I'm sorta dissapointed. And I suck at Smash, which I think you know, Ghoti. =P Though I can pull off some techniques like a DACUS and a few chaingrabs. Though I still don't really like playing top-tier characters all too much. Sonic and Toon Link are my mains for that game and nothing will change my mind! Which is why I'm glad both are returning is Smash 4.

Edited by JiMing

In practically every fighter I've played that isn't Smash, the online ran near-flawlessly, and at full 60 FPS or whatever it normally runs at. I see no reason why Smash 4 shouldn't be able to do so (especially since the Wii U is more powerful than a PS3).

I'm waiting for a good online game for the Wii U though, I need to test out how good the network is on that thing.

I've already started writing fanfiction of PitxViridi. It takes every ounce of my will to not put it on the internet...Oh my goodness the characters. I love all of them, they all have some charm to them that I just love. Though my favorite additions to the cast are definitely Pyrrhon and Hades. They are the characters I laughed at the most. I also love the little references to anime effects, like how Pit sometimes gets little sparkles and a colorful background on some of his speeches, or that very mild portion of fanservice during Amazon Pandora's introduction.So I should expect more slow online im Smash then? Well I'm sorta dissapointed. And I suck at Smash, which I think you know, Ghoti. =P Though I can pull off some techniques like a DACUS and a few chaingrabs. Though I still don't really like playing top-tier characters all too much. Sonic and Toon Link are my mains for that game and nothing will change my mind! Which is why I'm glad both are returning is Smash 4.

Pandora was sexy.

I doubt it will lag as much as Brawl, but there will be lag. Especially playing against someone like me who doesn't have a great internet connection and who's Wii U is in a basement far away from the router.

In practically every fighter I've played that isn't Smash, the online ran near-flawlessly, and at full 60 FPS or whatever it normally runs at. I see no reason why Smash 4 shouldn't be able to do so (especially since the Wii U is more powerful than a PS3).

I'm waiting for a good online game for the Wii U though, I need to test out how good the network is on that thing.

I dunno. I found Marvel vs. Capcom had a decent amount of lag online. Keep in mind that most fighters are between two players, while Smash needs room for four. Also, the Wii's online sucks. Smash 4 will be better (probably good enough that I can play online without getting frustrated), but it won't be flawless.

Amazon Pandora? Yeah. Fire form? Eh... Depends on the person. I still think Phosphora is more attractive though. And Viridi is so adorable and so is Pit and I ship them all the time! Ahem, sorry about that. =PIf my button inputs are read mostly when I press them, I will be happy. Also, I might play Mega Man in Smash 4. He looks really fun to play as.

Well, Amazon Pandora was sexy, but Fire Pandora... HOT. Phosphora was nice, but I don't want to think of Viridi as attractive at all, because she was WAY too young for me. But, then again, I married off Ghoti to Nowi in Fire Emblem, so I shouldn't be complaining :P

Too much for BZPower?

Calling it now, Mega Man is gonna suck. Projectiles are a good thing to have, but if he lacks close range combat skills, he'll be screwed, because projectiles usually don't help KO or start combos, and the only physical attacks I've seen so far are Air attacks, which seem to lack the transitive priority they had in previous Smash games, so he's pretty screwed IMO.

Viridi is young, yes, which is why I think she is adorable, like a baby or puppy would be. Big difference between considering a character attractive. Pit is also pretty cute, especially when you compare his design to characters like Magnus or Pyrrhon. Also, Viridi is immortal. I think she would be able to choose how she looks. =PClose to being NSFBZP. Well, the game might change in development. We never know. Also, there's the Mega Uppercut as is up tilt, and slide as down tilt.

(By the way, ha ha =P)

Edited by JiMing

Mega Man looks... Interesting. On one hand, spamming ranged attacks is a fantastic way to keep opponents away and chip away at their health. On the other, the only way that actually works is if you're facing an incompetent player (or maybe even a somewhat comptetent one) or if you aren't actually playing a fighting game (i.e. something like a brawler, where a strategy like that will save you so many times).Also, you married your MC in Fire Emblem off to Nowi? Married mine off to Lucina (because why not), then created a FeMC in Lunatic mode to marry off to Chrom, because then both Lucina and Morgan will be rather strong. And I'm all about having a few super-strong characters to carry me through the entire game. :pI also feel like I have to say that I'm all for PitxViridi.

Edited by Terminus

Also, you married your MC in Fire Emblem off to Nowi? Married mine off to Lucina (because why not), then created a FeMC in Lunatic mode to marry off to Chrom, because then both Lucina and Morgan will be rather strong. And I'm all about having a few super-strong characters to carry me through the entire game. :P

It... it just kinda happened! I just ship everyone I can, and whoever happens to work well together get married off.

So, are Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 any good?

This is coming from someone who liked the Modern Warfare games, so if you didn't like it, state why so I can decide if those factors would make me not like it.

Ghosts is good. Campaign isn't bad and extinction is fun, you'd probably like it if you liked the MW games.

Also, you married your MC in Fire Emblem off to Nowi? Married mine off to Lucina (because why not), then created a FeMC in Lunatic mode to marry off to Chrom, because then both Lucina and Morgan will be rather strong. And I'm all about having a few super-strong characters to carry me through the entire game. :P

It... it just kinda happened! I just ship everyone I can, and whoever happens to work well together get married off.

I see. I spent hours a long time poring over a guide before deciding who to marry off. Then I decided what to do with everyone based on stats, skills, etc. Of course, I've yet to actually make use of any of the children units...

YESJOIN US AS WE CRUSH THE PITxPALUTENA FANSAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAhem, sorry about that. But I do love me some Massahiro Sakurai games. He deserves as much recogntion as Shiferu Miyamoto! Also, Nowi is WAY more innapropriate than Viridi will ever be. So I don't understand your logic there, Ghoti. =PJust asking, why is it so taboo to like Sonic the Hedgehog nowadays? I know there was a period when the games were horrible, but when they're good, they're REALLY good.

Edited by JiMing

Haven't really liked a Sonic game since Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (actually, I liked Sonic 4. That's it, at least from what I've played). Actually, Riders is one of the few racing games I actually like that isn't Mario Kart.

Anyways... Pics of gaming setups, anyone? Here's mine (yay for bad cell phone cameras!):

img_20131203_153648.jpg

My PS2/3, Wii U, and Gamecube are hooked up to this TV, and I also play my N64 on it when It's hooked up (not enough electrical outlets, lol). Wii and Atari 2600 are hooked up to my other TV, but I don't really use them enough to remember that they exist.

I've been been a lot of indie games recently, especially Amanita Design games. Is anybody else familiar with this company?

What games have they made? I don't think I've heard of the company, but perhaps something they helped make.

Machinarium is there most famous game, I'm pretty sure. It's a full point and click puzzle game

2xu8Ptu.png

So, are Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 any good?

This is coming from someone who liked the Modern Warfare games, so if you didn't like it, state why so I can decide if those factors would make me not like it.

I approve of Battlefield 4. I think you'd like it. However... Ghosts feels old to me. It doesn't seem much more than a step up from Black Ops II. That said, I have not played much of either, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I see. I spent hours a long time poring over a guide before deciding who to marry off. Then I decided what to do with everyone based on stats, skills, etc. Of course, I've yet to actually make use of any of the children units...

I'm paying no attention at all to any of that stuff, which is really odd, because I was told by some friends that, at least when they watched me play, I was being VERY strategic :P

YESJOIN US AS WE CRUSH THE PITxPALUTENA FANSAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAhem, sorry about that. But I do love me some Massahiro Sakurai games. He deserves as much recogntion as Shiferu Miyamoto!Also, Nowi is WAY more innapropriate than Viridi will ever be. So I don't understand your logic there, Ghoti. =PJust asking, why is it so taboo to like Sonic the Hedgehog nowadays? I know there was a period when the games were horrible, but when they're good, they're REALLY good.

Ugh. PitxPalutena is yucky.

Sakurai makes overall better games IMO. Miyamoto makes some pretty darn good ones, but it's been a while since I was impressed by a Mario game. Sakurai, on the other hand, always makes enjoyable games.

She's a dragon. Dragons are cool.

Sonic the Hedgehog sucks, that's why. He was great on Genesis, the Dreamcast games were alright, and Colors was pretty darn good, but all the others were awful! Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog removed any faith I had in the franchise. Also, the fanbase is so... how do I put this? Ever played "Your Name The Hedgehog"? Go to DeviantART, type in your name, and then, "the Hedgehog" with a group of friends. Whoever has the stupidest results wins.

Anyways... Pics of gaming setups, anyone?

It'd be kinda hard to get pics, because my consoles pretty much hide and just have controllers poking out. Also, my phone isn't even potato quality. Like, my 3DS honestly takes better pictures.

I'll describe mine. My room as a 13 inch moniter that displays in 768p and has sub-16ms of lag. Attached to it are my computer, my Genesis, my N64, my GCN, and my Dreamcast. All consoles are the "original" models (which is pretty meaningless here, 'cept that my GCN has Component output and is purple). I also have a Wii U Pro controller in my desk for use on my PC. A Wii U currently sits in my room because my current capture card is built into my computer, and I don't want to move my computer around. Also, it only records via HDMI, so the Wii U is the only console I can record. The Wii U moves from my room to my sister's to my basement.

In my basement there is a 5 foot projector TV (Pioneer branded, so the sound is beyond amazing), with fantastic picture quality, despite being a standard-def TV. Attached to it are my fat PS2 and my Wii, and sometimes my Wii U. Two couches line the walls around the TV, and there is a mini-fridge, a freezer with ice cream always in it, and a small table. A GREAT place for parties, even with non-gamer friends.

PIT AND PALUTENA ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A MOTHER-SON SORT OF BOND. NOT A ROMANTIC ONE. GRAAAAAH!Actually, I feel like Sonic is making a comeback now. Sega really is trying to make quality Sonic games, and it shows with the likes of Colors and Generations. They have a long road forward, but I have faith that I will be able to say I like Sonic the Hedgehog without fear of backlash from everyone someday. As a fan, I feel offended by you saying the franchise and fandom absolutely suck. I won't defend the stupid things the fandom does, but there's also a good side many people gloss over, with devout fans showing the love for a franchise in a touching way, while also poking fun at the stupid things they contain. The fandom is a mixed bag overall, but I challenge you to find ANY fandom not like that =P And Sonic is still an icon, he was the most requested character for Brawl, even though his fames were still in a dark era.

Edited by JiMing

Haven't really liked a Sonic game since Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (actually, I liked Sonic 4. That's it, at least from what I've played). Actually, Riders is one of the few racing games I actually like that isn't Mario Kart.

Anyways... Pics of gaming setups, anyone? Here's mine (yay for bad cell phone cameras!):

img_20131203_153648.jpg

My PS2/3, Wii U, and Gamecube are hooked up to this TV, and I also play my N64 on it when It's hooked up (not enough electrical outlets, lol). Wii and Atari 2600 are hooked up to my other TV, but I don't really use them enough to remember that they exist.

hnng that original ps3 ;-;

I got the phat unit too but it broke and I made the stupid mistake of selling it. Now I wish I kept it. It looks so much better than the slim (even though I would've filled up the harddrive twice over by now lol) it was and still is the best looking console imo, even though its huge

Edited by The God of War

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

PIT AND PALUTENA ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A MOTHER-SON SORT OF BOND. NOT A ROMANTIC ONE. GRAAAAAH!Actually, I feel like Sonic is making a comeback now. Sega really is trying to make quality Sonic games, and it shows with the likes of Colors and Generations. They have a long road forward, but I have faith that I will be able to say I like Sonic the Hedgehog without fear of backlash from everyone someday. As a fan, I feel offended by you saying the franchise and fandom absolutely suck. I won't defend the stupid things the fandom does, but there's also a good side many people gloss over, with devout fans showing the love for a franchise in a touching way, while also poking fun at the stupid things they contain. The fandom is a mixed bag overall, but I challenge you to find ANY fandom not like that =P And Sonic is still an icon, he was the most requested character for Brawl, even though his fames were still in a dark era.

I won't say that the WHOLE fandom sucks, because I am well aware of how many Nintendorks there are in this world. Sorry to have offended you, it was meant light-heartedly.

Sonic had Colors, but I thought reactions to Generations were very mixed. I've yet to play it, but I'm not going out of my way to.