• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Video Game General (Official)

Xbox Playstation Nintendo PC Games

• Please log in to reply
1620 replies to this topic

#1601 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 10-July 07
  • 429 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 08:08 AM

Anything that involves stat customization instantly makes balance irrelevant.

Also, hear about the Fox amiibo that placed third in a tournament? Just goes to show how good (or OP) they can get.

saber01_banner.jpg

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7119-1466 / PSN ID: khsora546 / Nintendo Network: Terminus2495 / PM Me to add me
Currently Playing: ~ Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn ~

My Anime List ~ My PSN Profile  ~ FFXIV Profile

#1602 Offline PowerMiner

PowerMiner
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 27-January 08
  • 1,111 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 12:02 PM

Guys, actually Amiibos have boosted stats at higher levels, even without equipment... I only plan to use them to do fun stuff with my sister/friends though... I'm probably gonna end up with a handful of them to display/use for fun.  :P

Also, the 3DS version's online has felt VASTLY superior to Brawl's to me. I've had so many laggy Brawl matches but a lot more not laggy Smash 3DS matches...

Does anyone feel like it's cheating to use a hammer on the collect all custom moves/equipment challenge?  :P

I did hear about the Fox amiibo, but technically it wouldn't exactly be a fair fight but still pretty funny, anyone see that picture of a Fox amiibo in front of a gamecube controller? 

I'm still waiting until Christmas to get Smash bros. for WiiU but I'm hecka excited for it...

I feel so much better at smash bros. now then I was in my younger days in Brawl...

No more sideways wiimotes for me  :P

Edited by PowerMiner, Nov 27 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#1603 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-October 07
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 12:27 PM

Does anyone feel like it's cheating to use a hammer on the collect all custom moves/equipment challenge?  :P

Yes. The only thing you get is a trophy. What's the point of getting a trophy you didn't earn? I wouldn't be able to look at it without feeling like I failed at 100% completing the game.

I accidentally used a hammer in Brawl when I borrowed it from a friend at first, and felt so terrible. When I got the game myself, I deleted the data and started over so I could actually 100% the game. It's a permanent loss, and I feel like not having all the hammers there next to the challenge board means you failed and can never complete the game.

Basically, I'm better than that, and I just have to prove it :P

But I've been one random hat away from 100%ing Smash 3DS for quite some time now.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#1604 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 12:33 PM

spoken like someone who doesn't play MMOs!

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#1605 Offline Protalgift

Protalgift
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Lightning Voyager

• 31-January 10
  • 341 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 12:59 PM

Going with Amiibos, I've heard some talk going around in some smash bros sites about making Amiibo-only tournaments. 

So then it is about how you trained your Amiibo, not about how good you are. Which sounds incredibly interesting to me. I'd watch that.

As well, the first 4v4 smash tournament was recently. Was really fun to watch, even if it was a little campy at times. The fact it became almost like a MOBA was really cool. Using Rob for long-range support, Game and Watch as a carry for charge-bucket teams, supported with a Samus or someone.

I really suggest watching it, it was really cool.

YYxz7a2.jpg

#1606 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 10-July 07
  • 429 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 05:36 PM

spoken like someone who doesn't play MMOs!

I completely forgot about MMOs. But, I was mainly talking about games where customization is rather unnecessary (Smash) or just lacking in boundaries (most of the sports games I've played).

I remember in one of the NFL games I had a while back, I had a team of custom characters with all maxed-out stats. They were so OP, I really didn't have to do anything to win.

Also, the 3DS version's online has felt VASTLY superior to Brawl's to me. I've had so many laggy Brawl matches but a lot more not laggy Smash 3DS matches...

Smash 4's online is very superior, but it's still pretty sucky. About 1-2 of every 10 matches, I hit some pretty bad lag, which is much, much more than pretty much every other fighter I play.

Anyways, thinking about getting into some WRPGs, anyone have anything they'd recommend?

Edited by Terminus, Nov 27 2014 - 05:40 PM.

saber01_banner.jpg

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7119-1466 / PSN ID: khsora546 / Nintendo Network: Terminus2495 / PM Me to add me

#1607 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 05:49 PM

fallout new vegas has god tier writing and weapon design, is the most immersive RPG you'll ever play. great character choices and tons of content, but not very cinematic.

fallout 3 on the other hand has an action movie plot with lots of epic moments. it's all very juvenile. do with that as you will.

skyrim is very shallow but is fun in spite of itself.

morrowind on the other hand immersive and passionately made (bethesda loves their games they just have incompetent devs) and definitely a 10/10 but the graphics have aged poorly and graphics mods might be taxing. if you get the few essential mods to patch up some oversights this will be the best experience

dragon's dogma has phenomenal gameplay and level design and replayability. it's also very difficult. really fantastic game.

the witcher series is very immersive and has great character options, but combat is hit and miss and largely disappointing. the game world is very easy to enjoy

dragon's age origins and the first mass effect were well done RPGs but the later installments were a little dumbed down

system shock 2 and deus ex are classics, cheaply available, and essential experiences.

if you're actually looking for games to deeply immerse yourself in a character the older DnD games are worth a shot. baldur's gate 2 or icewind dale.

and while not technically WRPGs, the souls series takes inspiration from western dungeon crawlers. great games if you're smart.

Edited by Archer Vonn, Nov 27 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#1608 Online Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2014 - 09:24 PM

Pretty much the same as Vonn's.

I'd suggest Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (GET THE FAN PATCHES), too. Planescape: Torment is widely hailed as being one of the best games of all time. I've got a softspot for the first seven Ultima games, too, and they're worth a look if only to see how the genre evolved. Same with Wizardry, as well as Might & Magic.

hElbrZ6.gif

#1609 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 10-July 07
  • 429 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2014 - 02:30 PM

I've played Mass Effect 3, lost interest in it because I was playing it right around when The Last of Us came out and I was getting into Uncharted, and it just felt pretty much exactly like those two games gameplay-wise, and I never got into it as much as I did the other two games.

I also have Skyrim, although I only ever play it with so many mods enabled that I'm note even sure what it is anymore.

From what I've seen from watching friends play, Fallout looks interesting. Might give it a try.

And I also really want to try the Souls games. Played Dark Souls with some friends a while ago where we swapped the controller every time someone died. The controller went around the room multiple times, and it was pretty fun.

saber01_banner.jpg

#1610 Offline Rider Of Spiders

Rider Of Spiders
  • Members
  • Toa

• 17-August 14
  • 143 posts

Posted Dec 14 2014 - 01:51 AM

Have you played Mother 3?

Because you should. The game is marvellous. I'm in Chapter 5 now, and haven't felt bored a single time. Even shed some tears. The story is a perfect mix of quirkiness and sad elements.

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro, the only McToran I have

#1611 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-October 07
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2014 - 07:57 PM

Have you played Mother 3?

Because you should. The game is marvellous. I'm in Chapter 5 now, and haven't felt bored a single time. Even shed some tears. The story is a perfect mix of quirkiness and sad elements.

I shed no tears because Sakurai spoiled the game for me! :P

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

#1612 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 10-July 07
  • 429 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2014 - 06:32 PM

May play Mother 3 in the future. Still need to finish Earthbound first, though.

Anyways, with the year coming to a close, what were everyone's favorite games of 2014? Danganronpa 1&2 were probably my overall favorites, with Bayonetta 2 and inFamous: Second Son coming up right behind it, and even though I haven't spent much time with it (okay, I've logged over 40 hours in one week between work and college finals, but I haven't actually had it for too long), Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 is shaping up to be pretty great.

Also, after finally experiencing Smash 4's 8-Player Smash with 8 actual people, I can say with confidence that it is the ultimate party game.

saber01_banner.jpg

#1613 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-October 07
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2014 - 07:46 PM

Favorite game of 2014 is easily SSB4. I have logged nearly 300 hours across both versions. So awesome!

GhotiH.png

#1614 Offline 2nd Lt. Jean Havoc

2nd Lt. Jean Havoc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 11-November 08
  • 1,642 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2014 - 07:50 PM

Sm4sh, specifically for the Wii U

It's very much a fun game.

7f12dd01955fb061046287bd68a97ab1.png

Otherwise known as Ehks

Steam Name: Ehksidian

Active BZPRPG characters:Zarok, Adov

#1615 Offline Toru Acura: The Saboteur

Toru Acura: The Saboteur
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 08-November 11
  • 427 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2014 - 11:36 PM

I don't have a Wii U nooooooooooooo why i wanna try 8-player smaaaaash

But anyways, right now my favorite game of 2014 is a toss-up between SSB4 or Omega Ruby. Both cover familiar territories but are so made of win throughout I still have a great deal.

Also, if I buy a larger SD Card capable of actually holding some data, which 3DS game should I download. Right now, looking at the most recent releases, Ace Attorney Trilogy and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse both stood out to me. I'm just gonna ask if anyone knows whicg title provides the most bang for their buck, because I cant chooooose!

#1616 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2014 - 12:59 AM

im kinda blue because the only games released in 2014 that i actually bought this year were smash and alpha sapphire, and neither were tremendously impressive so it feels weird having to pick a favourite between the two. like, i guess smash, but tbh they're 'new' games but old experiences. i guess smash?

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#1617 Online Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2014 - 03:41 AM

2014 was kind of a weak year for me, but that might be because I haven't had the cash for Kerfuffle, Bayo2, or Hyrule Warriors.

Favorite game from the year is probably Stick of Truth, but even that was severely flawed (a lack of replay value and the immensely short length, as well as a few bugs). Tears to Tiara 2 was interesting from the bit I've played, but I haven't really gotten a chance to dig into it (over 70 hours, good lord)

hElbrZ6.gif

#1618 Offline ghidora131

ghidora131
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Danish fish

• 21-June 13
  • 595 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2014 - 12:43 AM

Heeeyyyy guys and gals I'm back.

Whoa whoa whoa Please put the desk down! Thank you. *whew* Now, I tried asking this question before, and it died almost instantly. So, I will be very specific.

I play nothing M-rated, I own a Wii and Xbox 360, but I do not have steam or Xbox live. So, the question is-

Are there any good Skyrim-type games out there not M-rated?

[url=The (supposed) quest for the mask of hype]

touch the sky
learn to fly
legends will carry us thousands of miles
Take a stand
hold the land
make sure that everyone's ready to win
Find the speed
all you need
team up for battle we fly, fly
And if we try
we can survive
all the way unto the end.

#1619 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2014 - 01:20 AM

morrowind. might be hard to find a copy without steam.

describing a game as 'skyrim-type' makes me want to not help you tho

Pokemon Y

Super Smash Bros

3711-9364-3152

#1620 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-October 07
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2014 - 10:55 AM

Are there any good Skyrim-type games out there not M-rated?

I don't think Skyrim was good at all, so keep looking :P

GhotiH.png

#1621 Offline ghidora131

ghidora131
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Danish fish

• 21-June 13
  • 595 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2014 - 11:27 AM

Well, what I mean by Skyrim-type is a sandbox adventure game(yes, I have Minecraft and Terraria already).

[url=The (supposed) quest for the mask of hype]

touch the sky
learn to fly
legends will carry us thousands of miles
Take a stand
hold the land
make sure that everyone's ready to win
Find the speed
all you need
team up for battle we fly, fly
And if we try
we can survive