Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

Anyone play transformers WfC?

War for Cybertron was good, but Fall of Cybertron was, hands down, unbelievably better in my opinion. It felt much more solid and had some amazing ways to mix up the levels with the characters you use.

Takuma Nuva

Meh, I prefer WfC.

FoC suffered from having to be crammed with references to the Aligned continuity (such as Megatrons "plastic surgery") And having Teletraan-1 terminals every few feet watered down the experience of having to look for weapons.

For some reason I missed this topic when I made this other one, though mine is for Terraria in particular since its free for XBox 360 owners with gold right now:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18260-terraria-xb360-multiplayer-free-for-gold-members/

If you want to play please toss me an invitation, Im happy to join or to get help, my gamertag is Imatron

OMG, I'm so hyped for that House of Wolves DLC!!

Just saw that trailer.. and oh my. That was completely mental!!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

My roommate would have gotten Mewtwo today...if he remembered to redeem the codes for both games, and we had functioning wi fi in the room.

Eh, I'm more excited for Lucas honestly. Played Mewtwo a bit in Melee, didn't like him much at all.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Meh. I'll be glad for new stuff to do, I played that game like crazy at first but haven't played since March because I got sick of grinding guns. Two 32s and a 31 with a few 331 guns is enough for me. There's just nothing left to do, its gotten so tedious. HoW should have been sooner.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Meh. I'll be glad for new stuff to do, I played that game like crazy at first but haven't played since March because I got sick of grinding guns. Two 32s and a 31 with a few 331 guns is enough for me. There's just nothing left to do, its gotten so tedious. HoW should have been sooner.

Eh...I'm sorta glad they delayed HoW. Means less bugs, and they could implement more stuff as well.

I only have one 32, so I probably haven't grinded as much as you. Thinking about working on a Hunter, though.  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

War for Cybertron was good, but Fall of Cybertron was, hands down, unbelievably better in my opinion. It felt much more solid and had some amazing ways to mix up the levels with the characters you use.

Takuma Nuva

Eh, while all of that is true, FoC lacked the one true feature for all gamers: Coop campaign.

Edited by Lord Commander Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Takuma Nuva

Eh, while all of that is true, FoC lacked the one true feature for all gamers: Campaign coop.

Meh. Co-op is good if it's done right. War for Cybertron's co-op felt like a tacked-on afterthought. I for one am more than glad that it was ditched for Fall of Cybertron because it would have held it back, especially in terms of gameplay mechanics. FoC truly flourished from being single-player only.

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Takuma Nuva

Eh, while all of that is true, FoC lacked the one true feature for all gamers: Campaign coop.

Meh. Co-op is good if it's done right. War for Cybertron's co-op felt like a tacked-on afterthought. I for one am more than glad that it was ditched for Fall of Cybertron because it would have held it back, especially in terms of gameplay mechanics. FoC truly flourished from being single-player only.

Takuma Nuva

True, but the campaign just seems... lonely. But the again, I've already played the WFC's campaign on coop and I can assure you I would not trust my teammates when fighting Trypticon on Hard.

Edited by Lord Commander Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

How does 14 days of gameplay (as in 336 hours, good grief that's nuts) sound for time spent grinding? (ok maybe it wasn't all grinding but you get the point. Admittedly psyched about new upgrade paths though

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

How does 14 days of gameplay (as in 336 hours, good grief that's nuts) sound for time spent grinding? (ok maybe it wasn't all grinding but you get the point. Admittedly psyched about new upgrade paths though

Doesn't impress me. I've spent about 500 hours grinding in SSB4 for the garbage custom moves and hats. STILL MISSING ONE HAT.

Isn't Destiny supposed to have a 10-year lifespan? It hasn't even been a year and already we have two DLCs out. How much will there be!?

There will be a new Destiny every three (I think) years, with two DLC "comets" in between.

Edited by Decepticonwarrior

So a new CoD teaser trailer has dropped. I doubt anyone here is excited for it, though. Including me.

I like the new concept they're bringing, so I might just buy it.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

WoW has had, what, five expansions, in over a decade? Destiny has almost half that in a little more than 6 months.

Seems rather strange to me.

Destiny had a really bad drop off rate and had quite a bit of DLC on-disc. They're probably trying to drum up interest again, since hype for it basically evaporated.

hElbrZ6.gif

Destiny honestly feels like a bland colorless humorless type of Borderlands 2 with all the annoyances of MMOs, course that's just me who has played nothing but Borderlands 2 and Xenoblade chronicles the past couple of weeks.

You could not be further from the truth.

I honestly haven't played a CoD since the one that came out on the DS.

&

Funny, I 'enjoy' Destiny but can't bare to get past the first part of any Boarderlands game.

*shrugs* I dunno what's wrong.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Ghosts is definitely the worst CoD to date. Good concept, story-wise, but the extremely camper-friendly multiplayer really ruined it.

My half-brother would always hide in the top floor, right by the door, of this house and because you come at the door at an angle, you can't see him. Needless to say, he gained tons of knife kills.

Destiny honestly feels like a bland colorless humorless type of Borderlands 2 with all the annoyances of MMOs, course that's just me who has played nothing but Borderlands 2 and Xenoblade chronicles the past couple of weeks.

bro if you're gonna tell a man he's wrong at least tell him why. even if you tell him terrible reason that turns everything into a flame war and everyone thinks you're a troll because you can't formulate your ideas into words at least start a conversation

• Upvote 2

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Funny, I 'enjoy' Destiny but can't bare to get past the first part of any Boarderlands game.

The beginnings of the Borderlands games are usually quite boring compared to the rest of the game. Borderlands 1 in general was rather bland.

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

bro if you're gonna tell a man he's wrong at least tell him why. even if you tell him terrible reason that turns everything into a flame war and everyone thinks you're a troll because you can't formulate your ideas into words at least start a conversation

Ok, here I go. *cracks fingers*

First off, Destiny is not your average MMOLG, it's a MMOLGRPGFPS according to Bungie, second, comparing it to boarder lands really isn't right, aside from the post apocalyptic setting ans an open world type of gameplay, they really arnt similar. Destiny has a deep and complex (granted, not Marathon levels of complexity) backstory, and it's really not fair to compare destiny, which has one game out, to Boarderlands, which has several.

And how is it bland? The worlds are full of beautiful details and the enemies are varied, you fight alien pirates, space zombies, machines from the future, and living tanks!

Borderlands:

-Procedurally generated loot

-Humor

-Co-op only

-Multiple installments

-Human enemies

Both:

-Fast-paced action

-Open world

-Co-op

-Science fiction post-apocalyptic setting

-DLC expansions

-Space magic in some form

-RPG-esque character progression

Destiny:

-Non-procedurally generated gear

-No humor

-No human enemies

-Noticeable lack of blood

-PvP

Edited by Lance Constable Vimes

Back for a nostaliga trip, I guess.

Ok, here I go. *cracks fingers*

First off, Destiny is not your average MMOLG, it's a MMOLGRPGFPS according to Bungie, second, comparing it to boarder lands really isn't right, aside from the post apocalyptic setting ans an open world type of gameplay, they really arnt similar. Destiny has a deep and complex (granted, not Marathon levels of complexity) backstory, and it's really not fair to compare destiny, which has one game out, to Boarderlands, which has several.

And how is it bland? The worlds are full of beautiful details and the enemies are varied, you fight alien pirates, space zombies, machines from the future, and living tanks!

I disagree with the story. A confusing and uninteresting mess. 

AΨ 94

WoW has had, what, five expansions, in over a decade? Destiny has almost half that in a little more than 6 months.

Seems rather strange to me.

Destiny had a really bad drop off rate and had quite a bit of DLC on-disc. They're probably trying to drum up interest again, since hype for it basically evaporated.
I'll give you the first point but the supposed "on-disc DLC" was unfinished at release. Yes the maps for at least the first two were on disc but that was to make the download time once vendors gear enemies actual mission objectives etc. were added. While there were some placeholders the DLCs were still far from finished so only partially on disc to reduce download time. But the large dropoff rate is quite accurate.

My assessment of the game is that its fun at first with friends but grows tiresome without new content for long enough and while fun, it requires huge grinding and the story is utterly bland in game. The grimoire lore is really cool but should be more accessible.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Facts aside it still looks pretty bland to me. All in all I'd much rather be charged by a horde of lunatics ranting how they can hear with their teeth and killing them with a sniper rifle judging my every action, instead of a horde of squeaky voiced players worshiping Shrek and getting mauled over by their mass horde of legendary weapons they brag about having. All that said I'll be returning to my den of inactivity with Xenoblade for the next couple hundred hours.

Edited by Hina Kagiyama
I'm just ToaD