Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

Anyone here play the Deus Ex video game series? If so, should I play the second game (Invisible Wars). I loved the first one (The Conspiracy, or just Deus Ex) and Human Revolution (3), and can't wait for Mankind Divided (4). I've just noticed Invisible Wars (2) having a bad rep, but some people say its not bad just not as good as the first one.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Nope. Never played them. Never.

Anyway, yeah, I've only played Invisible War once, and I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It isn't as good as the first game, but that doesn't make it bad. In fact, I remember quite enjoying it. The plot was pretty good, and I liked the way the factions worked. There are some annoying things--a lot of things look and feel awkward, and the game's odd engine makes many of the environments smaller than they should be (which leads to a lot of loading, and the load times aren't all that quick)--but overall, I thought it was worth playing.

So basically, yeah, I think you should play it. Even if you think it sucks and you don't ever want to play it again, I don't think there's much harm in giving it a shot.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Anyway, yeah, I've only played Invisible War once, and I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It isn't as good as the first game, but that doesn't make it bad. In fact, I remember quite enjoying it. The plot was pretty good, and I liked the way the factions worked. There are some annoying things--a lot of things look and feel awkward, and the game's odd engine makes many of the environments smaller than they should be (which leads to a lot of loading, and the load times aren't all that quick)--but overall, I thought it was worth playing.

So basically, yeah, I think you should play it. Even if you think it sucks and you don't ever want to play it again, I don't think there's much harm in giving it a shot.

:lol:

Alright then, I'll buy it when I can. And I guess it's alright if I don't like it, since I'm sure not a whole lot happened after The Conspiracy other then mankind recovering from the history changing stuff, where there is plenty to flesh out between Human Revolution and Deus Ex 1.

You think Gunther is going to make an appearance in Mankind Divided?I know Bob Page probably will.

Oh, and do you think Square Enix will have the balls to remake the first Deus Ex when their games catch up to 2052 (currently at 2029 I think)?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I actually considered getting a Wii U. But I figure Nintendo's gonna shove at least 2 more years into the console before the 'NX' comes out, so I'll just wait and see what that's about.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Really? I must have thought articles about those leaks were just related to the hints in the data that suggested Roy/Ryu would be coming from a while back.

I'm interested in seeing how Ryu's Street Fighter inputs will work, so he might be the first one I get. Or Roy, since I main him in Melee.

Smash DLC isn't a leak, that was officially revealed and is also coming tonight.

we knew ryu was in the data months ago, dude. 

Well, the actual character wasn't; just the sound files, IIRC.

The character I think was just added in yesterday's update.

Smash DLC isn't a leak, that was officially revealed and is also coming tonight.

we knew ryu was in the data months ago, dude. 

Well, the actual character wasn't; just the sound files, IIRC.

The character I think was just added in yesterday's update.

yeah, you're right. you're being anal because his sound files being in the game leads to the logical conclusion that he will be in the game and lo and behold that conclusion proved true so i'm not really sure what the point of your objection was at all but yeah, you're right.

doom 4 looked okay. looks well made but sort of generic. might pick it up after awhile.

fallout 4: presentation looked amazing. i can tell people will be really impressed with this game in spite of substance. forge mode looks stupid and i hate that i'm going to have to learn how to do that because it's not something i'm interested in. they did mention it was optional, but they also mentioned some substantial rewards come from it so that means to a completionist like me it won't be so optional. the customization was the highlight. fifty weapons you can rearrange in appx 700 different ways PLUS customizable armour and most importantly, armour that applies to each different area of your body. the first attempt at stopping the simplification i've ever seen. customizable armour also looks really cool since i really dig aesthetics in video games. only thing i'm worried about is they prioritized these actiony features and that that will leave the setting and RPG side of the RPG to the wayside a bit, like fo3 and skyrim did, and it'll just end up being really shallow again. that'll make it a fun game i can sink a lot of time into like fo3 and skyrim, but it probably won't be the same experience that as new vegas and that makes me a little sad.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Alright then, I'll buy it when I can. And I guess it's alright if I don't like it, since I'm sure not a whole lot happened after The Conspiracy other then mankind recovering from the history changing stuff, where there is plenty to flesh out between Human Revolution and Deus Ex 1.

You think Gunther is going to make an appearance in Mankind Divided?I know Bob Page probably will.

Oh, and do you think Square Enix will have the balls to remake the first Deus Ex when their games catch up to 2052 (currently at 2029 I think)?

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if he didn't show up, at least in a small role. From what little I've read of Mankind Divided (these days, I read as little about games prior to my purchasing them as I can; more surprises that way), it seems to be setting up the situation, at least in regards to older augmented folk, in Deus Ex. And like you said, Bob Page will most definitely be in the game; he already had a small role in Human Revolution.

As for a remake... I don't know. On the one hand, I would actually love a remake. I'm not one of those kinds who thinks a remake destroys the original, so even if it didn't turn out that great, I think it would be neat to have a more modern version of the first game (though of course, I would like it a lot more if they basically recreated every detail of the first game in better graphics and maybe with a slightly different leveling system). On the other hand, I don't know that Square Enix would want to. The first game still holds up pretty well, and a remake would be a huge gamble. Human Revolution was divisive enough (though I thought it did a superb job of feeling like the first Deus Ex), but to actually remake the first game? I don't know, I just keep thinking of the Thief remake. Some of the discussions I saw about that game were ridiculous.

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if he didn't show up, at least in a small role. From what little I've read of Mankind Divided (these days, I read as little about games prior to my purchasing them as I can; more surprises that way), it seems to be setting up the situation, at least in regards to older augmented folk, in Deus Ex. And like you said, Bob Page will most definitely be in the game; he already had a small role in Human Revolution.

As for a remake... I don't know. On the one hand, I would actually love a remake. I'm not one of those kinds who thinks a remake destroys the original, so even if it didn't turn out that great, I think it would be neat to have a more modern version of the first game (though of course, I would like it a lot more if they basically recreated every detail of the first game in better graphics and maybe with a slightly different leveling system). On the other hand, I don't know that Square Enix would want to. The first game still holds up pretty well, and a remake would be a huge gamble. Human Revolution was divisive enough (though I thought it did a superb job of feeling like the first Deus Ex), but to actually remake the first game? I don't know, I just keep thinking of the Thief remake. Some of the discussions I saw about that game were ridiculous.

Have you read the book, "Icarus Effect"? I haven't yet, but it is to my understanding that Gunther is in that.

I heard that The Fall is a bunch of crud as a PC video game. I want to try ti out but I also don't want to waste my money. Have you tried it out Sir A.I. II?

...Saying that made me realize something. Does Eliza from Human Revolution kind of break continuity? Morpheus from Deus Ex 1 said that he was the first A.I., then Daedalus (you :P), Icarus, then Helios. Where does Eliza belong in this order exactly?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

That Minecraft HoloLens demo was pretty sweet. I wonder how much fakery went into that, but if the holograms on the table are what it actually ends up like...

I might actually start to care about Minecraft.

Of course that tech would be really cool for all sorts of other games, especially top-down games.

the only other thing i'd be half interested in hearing about is some info on the last guardian finally. but it's approaching half life 3 in terms of hype which means it'll ultimately disappoint no matter what happens

I guess dreams really do come true.

hElbrZ6.gif

The Last Guardian

Well then, looks like for next gen consoles, I'm going to end up owning a Wii U and a PS4  eventually.

I am perfectly okay with that, mostly because I'm kinda looking forwards to No Man's Sky for PS4 as well, so that's three games (Including Fallout 4, which of course i'm getting if i have a console capable of playing) minimum I will play on it.

Good. Very good. 2016 is good, too, since I certainly won't be getting a PS4 this year.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Dang....Sony just murdered E3 in the game department.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The Last Guardian

Well then, looks like for next gen consoles, I'm going to end up owning a Wii U and a PS4  eventually.

I am perfectly okay with that, mostly because I'm kinda looking forwards to No Man's Sky for PS4 as well, so that's three games (Including Fallout 4, which of course i'm getting if i have a console capable of playing) minimum I will play on it.

Good. Very good. 2016 is good, too, since I certainly won't be getting a PS4 this year.

I've decided I'm going to buy a PS4 after my next paycheck.

First Final Fantasy XV gets a playable demo, now The Last Guardian is slated for 2016.

Come on Half-Life 3, make this the year of games that were never gonna come out.

Shenmue 3

h

e

n

m

u

e

I think tonight Sony made hopes and dreams come alive, at this rate Gaben is going to show up at the PC showcase to show off the various 3's Valve has finally figured out how to count to.

I'm hoping we get FFV and FFVI remakes too. Honestly would be a lot more excited for those than FFVIIIPS4.

hElbrZ6.gif

Have you read the book, "Icarus Effect"? I haven't yet, but it is to my understanding that Gunther is in that.

I heard that The Fall is a bunch of crud as a PC video game. I want to try ti out but I also don't want to waste my money. Have you tried it out Sir A.I. II?

...Saying that made me realize something. Does Eliza from Human Revolution kind of break continuity? Morpheus from Deus Ex 1 said that he was the first A.I., then Daedalus (you :P), Icarus, then Helios. Where does Eliza belong in this order exactly?

I haven't, though I've been meaning to pick it up for some time now. It just always happens that I think of all the books I want after I leave the book store.

I've heard the same, and that has prevented me from picking it up. I might pick it up during Steam's summer sale; it appears to be at 50% off for the duration of the sale, and it might be cheaper if the series as a whole pops up on a daily deal. I doubt it is as bad as it's made out to be, but I'll keep my expectations low to prevent disappointment.

As for Eliza... that's actually a good point, and one I hadn't thought of before. I might look into that a little more...

I haven't, though I've been meaning to pick it up for some time now. It just always happens that I think of all the books I want after I leave the book store.

I've heard the same, and that has prevented me from picking it up. I might pick it up during Steam's summer sale; it appears to be at 50% off for the duration of the sale, and it might be cheaper if the series as a whole pops up on a daily deal. I doubt it is as bad as it's made out to be, but I'll keep my expectations low to prevent disappointment.

As for Eliza... that's actually a good point, and one I hadn't thought of before. I might look into that a little more...

I keep forgetting that Steam is having sales right now! Gah. Next time I have cash I'll go buy The Fall and Invisible War, as well as order Icarus Effect off of Amazon. I have been meaning to do all of those for a while now, but DC Comics (story collection graphic novels ftw), and Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings II with their DLC keep butting in the way.

The Fall is a video game adaptation of some stuff that happens in Icarus Effect, so be sure which you want learn the story from first (I'm going to opt for the book, personally).

------------------------------ ------------------------------- -------------------------------

Has anyone played Galactic Civilizations III? The game looks very cool, but I'd like to know if I need to play the first two games to understand the story (or just read summaries on a wiki).

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

First Final Fantasy XV gets a playable demo, now The Last Guardian is slated for 2016.

Come on Half-Life 3, make this the year of games that were never gonna come out.

Shenmue 3

h

e

n

m

u

e

I think tonight Sony made hopes and dreams come alive, at this rate Gaben is going to show up at the PC showcase to show off the various 3's Valve has finally figured out how to count to.

I'm hoping we get FFV and FFVI remakes too. Honestly would be a lot more excited for those than FFVIIIPS4.

Shenmue isn't something something I'm personally interested in, but I know quite a few people who have been wanting it for years. But yeah, that's another one of those games.

Also, I'd also love a VI remake, and while I did like VII better, VI is still one of my favorites. I'm also really hopeful for an eventual XII HD version, considering how well they seem to have done with X/X-2.

This year Sony just took some the the things hype has been building up for years for, and just threw them down on the table, making this really one of the best E3's in history for PS fans.

I really don't know if I need to see any more E3 after last night...

Shenmue 3

h

e

n

m

u

e

Shenmue isn't something something I'm personally interested in, but I know quite a few people who have been wanting it for years. But yeah, that's another one of those games.

Also, I'd also love a VI remake, and while I did like VII better, VI is still one of my favorites. I'm also really hopeful for an eventual XII HD version, considering how well they seem to have done with X/X-2.

This year Sony just took some the the things hype has been building up for years for, and just threw them down on the table, making this really one of the best E3's in history for PS fans.

I really don't know if I need to see any more E3 after last night...

Well, there is Nintendo today. Hopefully they have some cool stuff.

And dear god please not more amiibo ;__;

Well, there is Nintendo today. Hopefully they have some cool stuff.

And dear god please not more amiibo ;__;

at the bare minimum, there will be a xeno x release date, and probably more information on either Zelda U or Starfox U.

crossing my fingers for something about Mother 3, since they released the OG Mother on VC a few days before, and with lucas just released as DLC, it'd be a good move to put Mother 3 on VC.

also hoping for a new metroid or f-zero but that's probably not going to happen hahah

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

And Metroid Prime Federation Force confirmed. I... Really don't know how to feel about this. I'd prefer a real Metroid game.

Also FE:if is FE: Fates and Chrom is confirmed for SMTxFE.

And Xenoblade X is slated for December 4.

A Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi crossover? I... REALLY have no clue how to feel about this...

Edited by Terminus

Uh...

am I the only one who's hyped about Monster Hunter X?

I've been hyped about that game ever since the trailer released. Monster Hunter is freaking awesome!

It's just, apparently no one on BZP really is a Monster Hunter fan. xP

I don't care if the Nintendo Digital Event was maybe a bit short, I still loved it, I love how they used Muppets this go around xD

I'm now hyped for Star Fox Zero, Tri-Force Heroes, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jams, Xenoblade X, FE Fates, oh god so many things.

This was a fantastic presentation, even if it could have been better, just for the sheer amount of awesome STUFF that was there.

(No MHX though which sucks)

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...