Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

That... Doesn't surprise me.

Speaking of, I haven't dared seen any of the trailers, for fear of recurring fan- and cupcake-related nightmares (the fan.... *shudder*) but I kinda like the new direction of the series. Chica's appearance is a little underwhelming, though.

I just want Telltale to make a Sam & Max styled FNAF adventure game with Craig Ferguson as Foxy and possibly Ben Browder as Freddy. Yes, I've thought this through.

Also, I've finally beat all four endings of Fallout: New Vegas. Took me forever to finish with the Legion ending, but the House ending wasn't so bad. I'm now using my House character to take on Honest Hearts. She also counts as my first energy weapons build, since all of my other characters have used guns instead.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Ugh, what the heck Capcom?! Let me play the Street Fighter V beta!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Buy the expansions.

You'll just be running yourself into the ground without 'em. 

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I don't.

And I pre-ordered the next one.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Maybe I should stop-- keep forgetting this isn't like other forums where I can make people go into an angry breakdown.

Anyways, `what's everyone's opinion of Until Dawn so far? For PS4 owners that is. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I actually threw out my copy of destiny last week. I played it for a month and finally realized what a horrible waste of time It was. I want to be rewarded by being skilled, not randomly assigned weapons that can drop for anybody in the raid party.

you have TEN SECONDS to name a video game that isn't a complete waste of time. destiny at the very least is crazy fun. play PVP, it's the best source of gear anyway. well i guess you cant since you threw it out lol. but you bought the expansions? you threw away a game you spent $100 on? man you really don't like it

Yeah, it's really fun at first but slowly transitions into a complete grind after the firsts few months.

dont mind. played enough MMOs to realize the importance of the grind

@above: in my opinion speedrunning and streamers in general contribute to the stereotype that video games are a culture that should be celebrated instead of just a hobby.

Edited by Archer Vonn

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

TBH Destiny feels nothing like an MMO to me, I've only ever encountered a couple of people outside of the hub, and there's no real in-game way of communicating with other players. It pretty much feels like a solo FPS-RPG hybrid with a required online connection. I'd like to do PVP between campaign stuff, but the fact that my level 10 character can't compete with most of the other high level players kinda pushes me away.

Anyways, I managed to get that Amazon-exclusive Palutena amiibo, my second retailer-exclusive one (first was Shulk). Turns out they lasted on Amazon for over an hour, which was a bit longer than I was expecting. Now I'm debating wether or not to take it out of the box since these exclusive amiibos seem to be so popular (plus, I just like how it looks in the box).

I actually threw out my copy of destiny last week. I played it for a month and finally realized what a horrible waste of time It was. I want to be rewarded by being skilled, not randomly assigned weapons that can drop for anybody in the raid party.

you have TEN SECONDS to name a video game that isn't a complete waste of time. destiny at the very least is crazy fun. play PVP, it's the best source of gear anyway. well i guess you cant since you threw it out lol. but you bought the expansions? you threw away a game you spent $100 on? man you really don't like it

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when I played Iron Banner for like 3 days to get ONE etheric light. I did well at first, then started to do very badly. My brother said I should probably quit playing a game that upset me this badly and took so much time out of my day to do raids and PVP matches, which began to feel like chores. I then get a message on PSN from one of my team mates, who told me to stop playing PVP because I only bring my team down.

Bye bye, Destiny. More time to play Witcher 3, I say.

Gali.png

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when I played Iron Banner for like 3 days to get ONE etheric light. I did well at first, then started to do very badly. My brother said I should probably quit playing a game that upset me this badly and took so much time out of my day to do raids and PVP matches, which began to feel like chores. I then get a message on PSN from one of my team mates, who told me to stop playing PVP because I only bring my team down.

I play Monster Hunter a lot, and I can relate to that.

Oh, god. Those mantles. Euuurrghhh.....

• Upvote 2

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

TBH Destiny feels nothing like an MMO to me

its structured like an MMO but doesnt play like one. i can see why they struggled to describe it for so long.

@cykron: i feel you, not everybody is about the grind and if you aren't it can def bring down your mood. i don't mind farming and grinding so i'm gonna enjoy the next few weeks hunting down my first set of legendary gear.

Edited by Archer Vonn

This honestly made me laugh, lol.

You got trolled hard.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I finished SSB4, no hammers.

Game sux.

Grats.

I was playing Smash 3DS with one of my friends at work a little while ago, and we compared progress. I only needed one more thing from one of the panels, and he suggested that I use a hammer. I looked at him like he was insane and said "what's wrong with you?"

I then went and finished that panel within a half hour.

picked up infamous second son. love the aesthetic of the game and it's certainly one of the most beautiful games i've ever played. delsin is a sort of lame protag, though. maybe i'll come to like him more as i get further into it.

Should I get Battlefield: Hardline, or just wait for Star Wars: Battlefront?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

picked up infamous second son. love the aesthetic of the game and it's certainly one of the most beautiful games i've ever played. delsin is a sort of lame protag, though. maybe i'll come to like him more as i get further into it.

SS was pretty great, IMO. I never did like Delsin as much as Cole, but the improved gameplay and multiple powers more than made up for it. And yeah, the game does look really good.

In other things, the first Dead or Alive festival happened this morning, the big thing was the tournament, which was pretty cool, and made me wonder why the general fighting game community doesn't really take the game seriously (I mean, there have been 3 releases of DOA5, and none of them have made it to EVO).

... And then it hit me, as the "big announcement" at the end of the event was for more swimsuit DLC, a new stage called Fireworks, and a new character who at this point I'm just gonna assume will be female. Plus, DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball 3 is apparently in development now, so... Yeah. I can see why people wouldn't see a serious fighter if the can't look past all this.

Yeah, DoA is basically Tekken with more fanservice, mechanically. Fun games though.

Decided to get back to working on my backlog of games, mainly the imports I've been piling up. Dusted off my PS3 so I could finally get back to Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen OGs on the machine. I got this like... three years ago, but never had the time to finish it because of school.

I also started I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream after getting it awhile back on GOG. I love how Harlan Ellison himself not only voices AM, but is having the time of his life hamming it up. Great game, too.

hElbrZ6.gif

Yeah, DoA is basically Tekken with more fanservice, mechanically. Fun games though.

Decided to get back to working on my backlog of games, mainly the imports I've been piling up. Dusted off my PS3 so I could finally get back to Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen OGs on the machine. I got this like... three years ago, but never had the time to finish it because of school.

I also started I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream after getting it awhile back on GOG. I love how Harlan Ellison himself not only voices AM, but is having the time of his life hamming it up. Great game, too.

I've started on my backlog too; namely Bioshock Infinite and Fallout 1. Gotta say, not terribly impressed. To be frank, Infinite doesn't have nearly the charm of the original Bioshock (though Columbia definitely has some much cooler elements than Rapture) and Fallout 1... I'm not a big fan of the isometric TBRPG, plus the annoying time limit irks me. Fallout 1 is only there so I can say I beat Fallout 1.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I've started on my backlog too; namely Bioshock Infinite and Fallout 1. Gotta say, not terribly impressed. To be frank, Infinite doesn't have nearly the charm of the original Bioshock (though Columbia definitely has some much cooler elements than Rapture) and Fallout 1... I'm not a big fan of the isometric TBRPG, plus the annoying time limit irks me. Fallout 1 is only there so I can say I beat Fallout 1.

Fallout 1 is solid, but FO2 is honestly better in nearly every aspect. Helps the time limit is gone, really.

hElbrZ6.gif

Recently purchased Radiant Historia and Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, both for DS. Hopefully they'll ship to my home soon and keep me busy for awhile.

I've never played Radiant Historia, but I've heard that it is absolutely amazing. I really want to play it.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Recently purchased Radiant Historia and Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, both for DS. Hopefully they'll ship to my home soon and keep me busy for awhile.

I've never played Radiant Historia, but I've heard that it is absolutely amazing. I really want to play it.

I've wanted it ever since it was released, and yesterday I was like "you know what I'm just gonna buy it, play it, and hopefully I'll like it"

Now it's just the long wait ;__;

you can beat fallout 1 in about four hours and then the time limit is gone so dont let that worry you at all. also there's basically nothing to do in that game after you beat it so just beat it and move on to fallout 2 which actually has content in it.

i don't like the neon power, aiming for the legs feels wrong

Neon was the worst power in the game, IMO. At least it got fixed in First Light, which is good. Because otherwise First Light would've sucked.

Anyways, my backlog is a mess of all sorts of JRPGS, about half the Uncharted series, Metal Gear Solid 4, a few Zelda games, and anything on my 360 because I'm constantly forgetting I own that. I'd love to spend some time actually getting through it, but now I'm spending most of my gaming time in Final Fantasy XIV, because I've found out that MMOs are way more fun (and grindy) then I'd have thought a year ago.

you can beat fallout 1 in about four hours and then the time limit is gone so dont let that worry you at all. also there's basically nothing to do in that game after you beat it so just beat it and move on to fallout 2 which actually has content in it.

I have played Fallout 2 before. Apart from the lack of a time limit, not much is different IMHO. I kinda find Fallout 1 easier to get into since you start with a halfway decent gun early on and get a really good one by V15.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Neon was the worst power in the game, IMO. At least it got fixed in First Light, which is good. Because otherwise First Light would've sucked.

neon actually grew on me. smoke still has more swag but neon is better from a gameplay perspective and looks cash in night time. btw i read somewhere after you beat the game you can toggle permanent night, is that true? cause that one night mission was so gorgeous i can't imagine i'd ever turn it off if that was the case

Apart from the lack of a time limit, not much is different IMHO.

sort of triggering my nerd rage because i said fallout 2 has more content, which isn't a matter of opinion at all, it's a matter of there are more quests and locations and weapons. the mechanics are the exact same, so i can see why you'd say that they're similar, but what i said is fallout 2 has more stuff and no time limit which is 100% undeniably true. and the reason you start off with a good gun in fallout 1 is because you beat the game the same day, lol

Yeah, you can change time of day once you finish Second Son. Works great with the picture mode, you can get some fantastic screenshots with that.

I was okay with neon before I got video- video is just so much fun that I never really back to any of the other powers. Video is also more run and gun, which I like more than Neon's sniping.

Anyways, we got a very informative Final Fantasy XV trailer from Gamescom. We know know that it'll feature medieval knights who drive retro cars and have machine guns. Also, hugs. Lots of hugs.

Once you level up invisibility enough, it's great for going melee on everyone and building up your super really fast for really good crowd control. Of course, video overall feels a lot more tailored to close combat than the other powers, and that's the main way I like to play Infamous. If I played it more like a shooter, I might like neon, but it's just too snipey-precision for my style.