Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

I hope next E3 there isn't a single mention of Skyrim... love the game and all, but Bethesda are just getting ridiculous with how much they push it in our faces.

Just you wait until the Xbox One X upgraded version is sold as its own game

and until it's released on the next generation consoles

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I hope next E3 there isn't a single mention of Skyrim... love the game and all, but Bethesda are just getting ridiculous with how much they push it in our faces.

Are you secretly Todd Howard?

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Are you secretly Todd Howard?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

I finally, finally, got around to continuing Earthbound after about a year (yeah, I know). I made it to Scaraba after defeating three "Your Sanctuary" guardians today (Shrooom!, Plague Rat of Doom, and Thunder and Storm). I was kinda underleveled and didn't have Poo on my side just yet, so taking down PRoD was really satisfying. What was more satisfying, however, was bulldozing Thunder and Storm with PK Flash, Pk Freeze, and Big Bottle Rockets. They never even got a chance to attack me!  :D

I also love the game's soundtrack. So many jams.

Great game.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I re-installed and played a few rounds of Quake Live the other day, then thought to myself: Why the heck do we need Quake Champions when we already have a perfectly good Quake game for the 21st century in Quake Live?

I'm not mad that they brought in the whole totally-not-Overwatch "Champions", but they got rid of all the other little things.  Anarki can't troll you by playing a game in his VR goggles in the middle of a match now, and he doesn't have the Lost Soul decal on his board.  No references to Quake 2, 4, or Wars at all.  No plasma gun (they could have revived the Hyperblaster!), no chaingun, no grenade launcher, no BFG.  Don't even get me started on the changes to the railgun.

From what I currently see it looks like they'll be ditching singleplayer and mods and be giving us collectible skins instead.  I doubt there'll be a level editor either.  Am I the only one frustrated with the state of things at the moment?

EDIT: Steam Summer Sale is happening.  Any good recommendations?  (here's mine: Freedom Planet is awesome.  Check it out.)

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

• 2 weeks later...

so how's the first BotW DLC? Worth picking up or should I wait until the second one drops?

I haven't played much of it, but what I have played is decent. The Korok Mask and Hero's Path in particular are great additions for people who are still trying to get things they might have missed during their first playthrough. The Trial of the Sword is quite a challenge (so far I've only made it a few floors), and Hero Mode is not only challenging but also offers a great opportunity for anyone interested in experiencing the game again from the beginning, thanks to using a separate save file from the normal mode.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a ton of fun in Battlefront 2015, and I feel like it's severely underrated. With all the DLC, there is so much content to boot that it can entertain you for countless hours. Whereas in other multiplayer FPS this late in its lifecycle every game mode is dead except team deathmatch, Battlefront's variant of TDM (blast) is one of the least-played modes even though the game is 3 years old with a sequel coming in a few months. This game has so many creative game modes, especially the multi-tiered ones like Battle Station and Infiltration, but I really like things like Walker Assault and Supremacy with massive battles. Droid Run is also a fun, quick game mode. 

Additionally, this game has some of the best-designed maps I've ever seen, both functionally and visually. I rarely pay attention to graphics in video games, but Battlefront struck me as beautiful. Some standout maps include the Death Star, the Judland Wastes, all of Endor, Cloud City, however the absolute best are the Scarif maps. I admit that my first few games on Scarif maps were spent feeding the enemy, because instead of playing towards objectives, I just wanted to explore the beautiful scenery.

I'm the first to admit that I'm terrible at FPS. My K/D ratio is 0.5 and I have almost as many losses as wins (though this also depends on your team) and I very rarely hit the upper half of the leaderboards. Nonetheless, I've been getting into shape over time and have more and more good matches which feel fantastic, but the game is fun even when I suck at it.

If anyone here plays and wants to team up sometime, hit me up on Origin: Pohaturon.

Edited by Pohaturon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone here play ARK?

It sits on my wishlist (mind you, I have only a few things there), but the backlog is huuuge. So, no new games for a while. Do you play it? How polished is the game so far?

Edited by Lyssa

Upcoming games that interest me: Elex(literally next month! Played Risen 3 and loved it, bout Risen 2 and am currently playing it.), Code Vein, Death Stranding(don't care about Kojima's involvement, if it didn't look interesting I wouldn't be interested), God of War(because Norse mythology, first God of War game that interested me), the new  Monster Hunter(also the first Monster Hunter to grab my attention).

The surprise was vampires!

Upcoming games that interest me: Elex(literally next month! Played Risen 3 and loved it, bout Risen 2 and am currently playing it.), Code Vein, Death Stranding(don't care about Kojima's involvement, if it didn't look interesting I wouldn't be interested), God of War(because Norse mythology, first God of War game that interested me), the new  Monster Hunter(also the first Monster Hunter to grab my attention).

By "new Monster Hunter" are you referring to Stories or World? Stories is coming out in the west in a few days.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember I used to have this deeply-rooted prejudice against first-person shooter games. I spent many a post on this forum arguing with others about the merits of the genre, and it's something I'm not proud of. Admittedly, I wouldn't necessarily call it my go-to genre but I've managed to play a few good ones, even enjoying some of them. I guess I owe a lot of people an apology. If anyone I argued with in the past is still on this board, I'm sorry for all the grief I caused you.